Where were you when cruncyroll was kill?

where were you when cruncyroll was kill?

Aren't most people "defensive about their rights to pirate anime" just because those people have alwas done it way before those services came to be?

>crunchyroll dies after killing fansubs themselves

Pottery, now who will translate my Mongolian basket weavings?

When will these faggots realise that we don't want to pay for their shit subs and shit video?

If they can't provide a better service than the illegal alternatives they deserve to go out of business.

It's not about right to pirate. I'd just rather not put my money in a product that can backfire on me. What if the anime I am watching turns to garbage? I just wasted money.

What happened to crunchyroll this time? Something big, or just decline?

Doesn't kissanime just rip CR subs?

Time to learn Japanese.

do people search up the site every time instead of bookmarking it?

>where were you when cruncyroll was kill?
Browsing Fakku forums and laughing at how they think that they are "growing".

Pic was taken an entire year after the purge

Isnt it literally legal to watch airing TV animes though? Im not understanding

who the fuck cares, i don't even watch anime anymore

I think they dl their shit from funsubbers, just like we do.

Good, some people came spitting rules at us with the piracy bullshit of something that has years of fansub experience. And buying stuff it's the japs job.

How does this affect Japan? It's not like Crunchyroll are paying them millions every year for Anime.

>implying all those streaming sites won't be the Crunchyrolls of tomorrow

>you don't see this in other industries

I can't exactly word it but he's an idiot.

If you really want to help the industry, don't give money to the clowns at Crunchyroll, buy shit directly from Japan

>streaming

>It's not like Crunchyroll are paying them millions every year for Anime.
According to this faggot they are.

That ''book sale'' and obligatory account really killed Fakku.

Legally Kissanime has no rights to share anime and can be brought down by legal action against them. The same cannot be said about the others. I'll stick with CR

Can you watch movies which were airing in nip theaters on Crunchyroll?

>You don't see this in other industries
kek. This guy's such an autistic weeb that he doesn't even realize anything else that's going on.

I read on Variety that have 750k paying subs at $7/month. So they're still much more profitable than the alternatives.Do you realize that if CR goes under (it won't) then HorribleSubs wouldn't exist?

Buying directly from Japan does nothing to support translators and if you want to continue to enjoy anime you need translators.

How can Kissanime continue to even run without being closed down?

God kill me if this pic doesn't feel good

He seems to be incredibly retarded

then fansubbing wont be dead and we can get FULLY SUBTITLED OPENINGS!!!

>and if you want to continue to enjoy anime you need translators.
You know people were translating anime FOR FREE before Crunchyroll came?

>CR
>This series is not available in your region
Why would they think I will pay for this shit?

He really is if he thinks it's true and isn't just trying to virtue signal for brownie points. I've know I've torrented more horror movies than anime. At least it's a lot easier to go the "I'll buy it if I like it" route than it is with anime.

>You don't see this in other industries
Is this nigger serious?

>he's replying to random user via twitter
Didn't his parents teach him to not talk to strangers?

This. Watching TV airings should be free right? If we pirate BD releases, that's probably where the problem lies.

Then fansubbers will pick up the slack again, like they did before CR.

On the other hand, another streaming service is sure to take up the lead if CR were to ever go under.

then fansubbing would come back

and that's good

Bzzzt! Sorry kiddo, unless theres another site where I can download it into ready to watch .mkv files I dont give a FUCK.

And let's not forget music piracy.

It depends on where the servers are hosted. Copyright laws are only enforced in certain countries. TPB has changed domain locations many times because they keep getting pinched.

What an awful marketeer. He should be more subtle when outright lying.

Bandai and Sony probably already bought kissanime and enjoying the illegal money.

I remember when Fakku was ranked #8000's at Global Rank
God, I am so hard

If they're streaming they're probably not smart enough to figure bookmarks out

>which in turn gives a lower percentage than streaming
Does he expect anyone to fall for this blatant lie?

This.
If anime was treated the same as other TV shows and put on itunes and google play where you rent/buy seasons im sure that would attract a lot of buyers, or maybe they have done the research and im wrong.

are they really so bad?

Wasn't CR an illegal streaming site that stole fansubs and made idiots pay for them?

This, breaking away from old habits is hard. Especially true because this place is full of narcissistic shut-ins.

>invent problem that does not exist
>base product around it
>surprised when interest dies down after people realize they don't need it

That good feel when Nyaa it's immortal.

Doesn't Crunchyroll license at a flat rate? Which means the amount of people supporting Crunchyroll doesn't affect the Japanese industry at all.

How much revenue does crunchyroll actually give to the anime industry? I want a number.

This is what I've been wondering. All of their files are hosted on Google servers. I can't believe none of the right holders have sent Google any takedown requests.

They literally upload and embed private youtube links though. Check the source of a video, it's googlevideo (youtube). It's the same with kissmanga, they just host the images directly on blogger/blogspot. How have they not been killed yet?

Don't anime producers make their money on merchandise, sponsorships, light novels, manga, BD or music sales? Me watching it on TV or downloading is the same to them.

Last time I saw the charts, the anime industry had grown tremendously despite piracy. How does this twitter person explain this? They don't. They just want to be offended at something.

Good, let the poaching scum die.

Musical Piracy and the RIAA is a whole different level of bullshit.

>we're losing billions of dollars in revenue every year
>so with this law make people pay $100,000+ fine if their kid pirates a song and is unfortunate enough to get caught
>or they get sent to federal prison for five or more years if they can't

I don't get it, even if you buy into the "piracy is theft" argument, I don't see any other shoplifting/theft crime warrant that level of disproportionate retribution.

>daisuki
clearly they don't know how casual works. they need an english name

I doubt they ever have, or ever will, release such figures because they'd show how little CR does for the anime industry.

Daiz is that you?

I wish fansubbing wasn't dead. There are only like three groups still active, and they just sub the same stuff Crunchyroll does. No one bothers to sub all the fun little girl anime most of the time. PriPara subs are still 60 episodes behind and no one wants to pick it up. No one wants to sub tons of other anime either l, not even Crunchyroll.

I've tried teaching myself Japanese a number of times but it's no fun on my own. I just get annoyed after a while and say fuck it since the only thing I would even use Japanese for is to watch the occassional little girl cartoon.

>random Sup Forums person
Holy shit, how can someone so retarded be alive?

>create parasitic middle-man service
>whine when no one wants or needs it

The problem is that the anime fanbase is way too organized for us to give up how we did things for years, we are not going to consume an inferior product out of love for the industry when there are better (for us) way to both watch anime and give the industry money if we want.

>get into business streaming long form commercials originally targeted at fast food workers, gas station clerks, and NEETs and broadcast for free
>get upset when their counterparts overseas aren't willing to pay for the privilege to watch
I don't know what they expected.

fuck you shin you literally took the money and ran

Yes

If fansubbing was alive a lot of groups would sub the same thing and ignore what's not popular.

The issue is that paid streaming is still vastly inferior to downloading weebsubs.

1. It's streaming. Poor quality is going to be an issue.
2. No competition. Once the bid is made, that's that. They could shit out 480p upscales, knowing you have no alternative.
3. Less flexible. Can't throw them on your tablet/phone if you want.
4. Slower releases. Without the autistic rush to get the first subs out, enjoy waiting a year while they sit on the license.

Have you ever bought any anime merchandise?

Why does every faggot with a twitter account think their opinion matters?

Hopefully I can completely understand spoken Japanese by the time Crunchyroll closes down. Whatever I've seen of fansubbers using independent translations is absolute crap.

Their player is shit, and they've been having many problems lately (no 720p, subs being late...)

Aren't there some anime on Netflix? I don't have it so I can't say for sure.

so basically anime is dead
wasted potential desu
anime could be mainstream

The thing about piracy is that they're not "losing" revenue.
That revenue didn't exist in the first place.

Good.

I bought the Meguca BD box + movie for 17€

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Would be a huge improvement. Less subs would mean less EOPs.

Who is this cuck?

Mangos and figs, regularly.

It's a public space, so they're free to spout whatever bullshit they want.

Things only get lulzy when a person begins to bitch that other people are responding to their public tweet.

This.
I can't watch half of the stuff they got and they still expect me to pay full price? No way I'm paying.

As far as I know, BD sales are rather neglectible since the anime is usually just there to promote the source material (manga, LN) and other goods like figurines where they make a much bigger profit.

Meaning good BD sales just mean that the anime did exceptionally well since they're overpriced as fuck.

>baka gaijin money matters

The best and oldest meme of all time.

Well even ignoring video quality, do you want to watch anime in a standalone player with filters and softsubs, or would you rather watch it in a browser based flash player with no functionality and hardsubs?

>anime could be mainstream
Fuck no.

Paid Crunchyroll social media cuck.

yeah but that doesn't mean ALL groups would ignore what's not popular.

I'm not that user, but when I look for things to purchase if I'm really into a series the first things I look at are those cheap-ass items like straps, magnets and such because ordering 10 things for about 6k is psychologically more palatable than ordering one 6k BD Volume.

Good. Who the fuck wants anime to pander to western normalfags?

CR gets digital sources from the studios. The quality is much better than a TV rip. Even Daiz confirmed this in a blogpost.

They have this thing called simulcast and apps to watch on mobile devices. Haven't seen a show that wasn't at least 720p but I'll concede that the quality is utter garbage.

Nothing beats BDs.

>Studios get more money from Crunchyroll than BD sales.