Is this the best anime series in last 5 years?

Is this the best anime series in last 5 years?

Possibly, top 5 at least.
Best animated TV for sure

It's too hit or miss.

The neat thing about it is that nobody seems to agree on what the misses are. It was a very cool project.

Yes

top 5 from the bottom you mean?

Probably.

It was decent overall and had some awesome episodes but it's not nearly the best.

I think pic related and Shinsekai Yori are contenders for the best.

Yes user it is.

It is by far the best anime in the last 5 years and people can't see why.

Whhaaayyy! I see what you did there

It's the most creative in 5 years at the least.

That and Samumenco are in the top 10.

easily the most unique thats for sure, it has some serious misses but the creativity shown in the episodes that work skyrocket it pretty high up there.

yes it's up there.

Ping Pong and Nichijou

Are we ever going to get that movie?

Are you niggers serious

Yes

Probably, it's not amazing but the last 5 years have been really bad.

I wanna fuck meow.

Nah that's Ping Pong and Rakugo.

>Rakugo
Are you shitting me? The animation is nothing special.

Yeah I liked it.

Second season kinda overdid with the "special animators" but overall it's great.

It's definitely one of the best.

Not a huge fan of Nichijou, it was a bit too "lol random" for me, that being said it was still great but not a contender.
Ping pong was fantastic and is way up there with Steins;Gate and Dandy

Damn you brought your best material today didn't ya?!

Rakugo was great but why was it animated? It'd have worked so much better as a drama or movie.
Same opinion with this season's orange which is like... why? At least rakugo was good

>the only merit for an anime is its animation

Back to plebbit

Yes. I don't like it, but yes.

A good story doesn't redeem an artistic medium.

Nothing will ever top this in my heart.

i mean its not the best, but its up there as one of the best in the past 5 years

You're looking at this wrong. Have you ever even taken an art class? The anime is the medium that the various artists are working with, and it includes everything: the visual designs, the voice work, the soundtrack, the writing, the animation itself, all of it. All those things come together to make this one piece of artwork in the form of anime. You want to tell me One Punch Man got adapted multiple times because it's artwork was so compelling or you want to maybe admit that there's more to these things than just the bits of sakuga you find here and these?

there's also Uchoten Kazoku, among the best

Ah! The ol' reddit switcheroo, classic one my good sir.

Best dub too might I add.