How much value do you put into visual direction?

How much value do you put into visual direction?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gf1PtgIds4I
youtube.com/watch?v=f8M5NIB6KXw
youtube.com/watch?v=sQRIvyuij6g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>there are people who genuinely prefer the newer version of HxH

A lot, that's why '11 was shit.

Right genuinely looks better and less cluttered.

I miss anime made with paper instead of Adobe Flash, you can feel the details and the depth.

I was always told to avoid the old version of hxH

Jesus Christ why? It looks really good

Why do the hands swap in both?

Paper was also responsible for things like youtube.com/watch?v=Gf1PtgIds4I

Left looks much more detailed and interesting

A lot of the "texture" is from the film.

the visual not so much but the OST is the most valuable for me.

the OSTs in hxh were just perfect

I hope you weren't listening to Sup Forums
Dear God, why would you ever listen to Sup Forums

Save for a few scenes like the one in the OP, it's a pretty subpar adaptation, especially since it completely butchered the manga; it's really nowhere near as consistent as the 2011 version

There's definitely something wrong Killua's face in the 1999 version.

Fucking this. People prefer the 1999 version usually out of nostalgia or because they like grimdark shit.

oh thanks anons

Well meme'd.

Here we go again

>There are people who are overly nostalgic over a version which had lots of filler, some of which was horrible

They both have their good points. Both are definitely above average. If you hate either, you are retarded.

It's certainly a lot more important than forced animation

Is it an age thing?

1999 is so much superior. How can you argue otherwise?

What's even going on in the pic?

I never read the series.

Yeah most people that prefer the 1999 version nitpick the same exact scenes every single time and a majority of the scenes come from the first arc. Most people can agree that the 2011 version of first arc + the first episode (for skipping kite) was a trainwreck

But other than that, the only legitimate complaint is that the OST utilized terribly. They use their better track not enough, and too many of the tracks are played way too often. Someone will cough the puppeteer starts playing.

I actually kind of liked a bit of the filler as someone who switched from the 1999 version to 2011. Made you grow more attached to the characters (Ponzu and Pokkle) who didn't get that much development which made what happened in the chimera ant arc all the much worse.

Nen stuff?
I dunno, the series is stupid.

>especially since it completely butchered the manga
>2011 fags can say this after the shit they pulled in the Killua Rescue arc and FUCKING SKIPPING KITE

>1999 is so much superior. How can you argue otherwise?
By cherrypicking, just like OP
youtube.com/watch?v=f8M5NIB6KXw
youtube.com/watch?v=sQRIvyuij6g

>>there are people who genuinely prefer the newer version of HxH
I prefer the newer version because the characters stayed true to ther manga selves -especially Gon- instead of the story turning into a Kurapika fanfiction because the director wanted to bone her

>Yeah most people that prefer the 1999 version nitpick the same exact scenes every single time and a majority of the scenes come from the first arc.
You weren't here when the 2011 anime was covering Yorknew

Is the 2011 anime suppose to look better or are you just bad at this.

>Yeah most people that prefer the 1999 version nitpick the same exact scenes every single time and a majority of the scenes come from the first arc. Most people can agree that the 2011 version of first arc + the first episode (for skipping kite) was a trainwreck

How can we compare something that doesn't exist. The only later arcs of the older version was GI ovas. And they're not great. The industry was transitioning to shitty modern animation.

> But other than that, the only legitimate complaint is that the OST utilized terribly. They use their better track not enough, and too many of the tracks are played way too often. Someone will cough the puppeteer starts playing.

Other than OST, character design are questionable in the 2001 version. Weird proportions.

>I prefer the newer version because the characters stayed true to ther manga selves
>Gon forgetting Kite
>Making shit even more gayer than they were
>The movies

You fags can't win

Both are shit. Pretty sad, it's pretty interesting arc.
Watch HxH until York Shin arc only.
GI ovas started to use "modern" animation.

>>Gon forgetting Kite
Yes, and that's the only thing they changed.

Let ignore how the old Anime made Gon basically a normalfag protagonist that is scared of Hisoka and Killua and Killua a DARK EDGY dude who talks with his dark half or what the fuck.

I like 1999 more simply because it adapted my favorite arc (Yorkshin) perfectly. 2011 didn't really adapt any arc perfectly, but it had a few 10/10 episodes. Also 2011's designs looked ugly and that bothered me.

>Yes, and that's the only thing they changed.
Wrong again. They also changed shit in the Rescue Killua arc as well
>Let ignore how the old Anime made Gon basically a normalfag protagonist that is scared of Hisoka and Killua and Killua a DARK EDGY dude who talks with his dark half or what the fuck.
Nice fanficition bro

>Let ignore how the old Anime made Gon basically a normalfag protagonist that is scared of Hisoka and Killua and Killua a DARK EDGY dude who talks with his dark half or what the fuck.

Right looks like complete shit.

What happened with Rescue Killua? I didn't see the new version.

>cluttered
What are you even talking about?

>Let ignore how the old Anime made Gon basically a normalfag protagonist that is scared of Hisoka

But he was in the manga. If anything Gon was much more interesting from the get go in 1999. 2001 is the one he becomes normalfag protag.

> and Killua and Killua a DARK EDGY dude who talks with his dark half or what the fuck.

He was not. This is just lying.

>Is the 2011 anime suppose to look better
Are you blind? Of course 2011 GI looks better
>Watch HxH until York Shin arc only.
I've done that long ago and liked old version of Yorkshin more
>Pretty sad, it's pretty interesting arc.
No it's not and it looked ugly in the manga

He's right about that. Rewatch the 1999 version of the scene where Hisoka punches Gon. As for Killua, pic related. Take off your nostalgia goggles

Teenagers have limited vocab.

Who are you quoting?

>No it's not and it looked ugly in the manga
Kill yourself.

In terms of looks I go 1999 all the way but the adaptation of 2011 was really good

>But he was in the manga
No he wasn't. In 1999, Gon felt victimized and losing his shit in dramatized fashion after being punch by Hisoka. In 2011 and the manga he takes it on as a lesson.

>He was not. This is just lying.
Look at the pic here

>Killua wasn't an edgelord

2011fags

>In 1999, Gon felt victimized and losing his shit in dramatized fashion after being punch by Hisoka.
Where are these 2011fags coming up with this blatant fanfiction

>2011fags will defend this

>The 2011 version is more faithful

Contrary to what 99fags will tell you, the 2011 version was less censored. Pic related. Of course, you will keep spamming 'fanfiction' even when presented with evidence

>the 2011 version was less censored.
I wrapped your heart up for ya bro

>A 2011fag makes a biased chart

Why are you showing us this?

>The heart in 1999 is just a black dot, versus a bloody bag
They both fail. No points awarded

WHAT HAPPENED IN THE RESCUE KILLUA ARC THAT IS DIFFERENT?

Simple.

2011 scenes followed the original work (much) better.

So both are heavily censored?
This is just grasping at straws.

I don't have a preference for either adaptation but 2011 being more censored is a falsity spouted by people who never watched either series. The reality is 2011 is slightly less censored overall

Oh yeah, apparently Leerio and Kurapica push the door together as oppose to individually like in the manga and the original.

Manga was shit, the one closer to manga won.
Just 2011fags thing.

>The reality is 2011 is slightly less censored overall
Nice meme

>1999 improved the manga
based

That's literally the only difference, that's the nitpickest shit ever. And anyone who gets so butthurt about it is mentally unstable. It's a difference but not big enough for me to make a post about it.

>And anyone who gets so butthurt about it is mentally unstable.
see
So I'm guess 2011fags are mentally unstable

2011 has very few flaws/changes adapting the story so 1999fags have to magnify every little thing as much as they can. While at the same time defending the adaptation with shit like this It's pure autism

I only watched 2011 because of extra episodes but god damn the designs looks so much more crisp and better in 1999.

Listen closely: everyone in this thread is. and they will never admit to anything

>user says Killua being edgy and talking to himself with a "dark half" is fanfiction
>other user posts screencaps from the series proving him wrong
>this somehow makes him both a 2011fag and mentally unstable
You're grasping for straws

Is this just the poor man's dragon ball that attracts autistic people who hate each other

>user says the 2011 version is more faithful and less censored
>Other user proves him wrong by showing scenes that are censored and aren't faithful to the manga
>YOU ARE SO AUTISTIC YOU NITPICKING FAGGOT

It's a deconstruction of shounen like Dragon Ball

>user says the 2011 version is more faithful and less censored
Which is a fact, as proven by the chart here

2011 is a 1:1 adaptation and 1:1 adaptations are always trash. If the director doesn't insert his own personal vision and take liberties, there is no reason to watch an adaptation.

Lol, go to Sup Forums or /lit/ and say that, especially about LOTR.

But I seriously hope you are just baiting.

>2011 is a 1:1 adaptation
It isn't, though.

The list is right here You're free to point out the inaccuracies.

>fact
>not even all the episodes

Okay

Every week until we hate it?

Why are you lying? 2011 was more censored and it didn't even show chrollo losing his left hand like in the manga.

Faithful adaptation my ass

1.) That's not even the full list and doesn't even include the first half of the 2011 anime
2.) You're retarded for even taking it seriously

>2011 is a 1:1 adaptation
no
>1:1 adaptations are always trash
no
More dumb shit you want to spout?

>the 2011 version was less censored

>The first 9 lines are shit that happened during the exam
Huh, I didn't know that the hunter exam was in latter half of the show, although I could have sworn that the series started with it.

Which is acknowledged in the chart, dummy.

Can we all just agree all anime fanboys are faggots?

None. I'm blind.

>The Hunter exam only had 8 instances of censorship

The sad part being that the exam arc is the arc that got the most effort put into in the 2011 show.

I agree.

> That's not even the full list
Not disputing that
>doesn't even include the first half of the 2011 anime

>1999 adaptation has hirumi having a different hairstyle
>"10/10 they improved the original material so much holy shit"

>less cluttered.

What is that even supposed to mean?

>hirumi
ah yes, my second favorite HXH character behind qurof wrlccywrlfr

There's a reason Kubrick's The Shining or Tarkovsky's Solaris are more critically acclaimed than any adaptation that stays a slave to the source material.

It's not about what they are using to make anime. It's all about people making animu. People put in charge have no talent nowadays.

There's a difference between adapting shitty novels and adapting a masterpiece manga.

They really didn't though
Gon in 2011 was marketely different from his manga counterpart in how happy go-lucky 2011 made him, instaead of the pragmatic character that he was in the manga

They completely dropped the ball with Killua, trying to have him be seen as heroic when in reality he wasn't supposed to be.

Kurapika really felt the change during the York Shin arc, where in the manga he genuinely had problems killing but was still mostly calm, was turned into him raging in 2011. Leading a lot of 2011fags who believe that Kurapika was an edgelord.

Who cares? The anime should try to be it's own work with it's own goals.