Should i take the leap Sup Forums ?

Discuss this show here, want to know what im getting myself into before binging 110+ episodes ...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fPeLIXWLaiw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do it you pussy

Not an argument

It's very good, you should definitely give it a try.

However, you should watch two of the movies prior to going into the series proper - My Conquest is the Sea of Stars, which is a sort of 'intro' to the series that takes place not long before the series starts, and Overture to a New War, which is the retelling of the first two or three episodes with a much higher production value and more story behind some characters and story elements.

Yes, believe me once you get into the swing of it it'll be a blur.

It's one of the best anime out there and certainly unique with having been made over 10 years.

Man, just take it easy and you will enjoy the ride.

Yang Wenli dies

Not OP here, what is this actually? Is this some kind of Star Wars shit where they have ships and they fight it out in different planets and shit? Is this full of drama, keikaku, or action?

Drama, action, politics, court yard fueds and many more

It's really awful. Truly not even kittens

Lots of politics, plot and no-one side made out to be inherently evil, which will already upset a lot of people.

Also this guy, he's cool.

Ditch this thread and watch it. All this thread will do is give you spoilers. That said I wouldn't worry too much about spoilers. Even if you know something is coming it's still worth the ride.

> says dogs eat dog food
> requests his dog be fed only cooked chicken

Subtle symbolism there.

The sci-fi is just a cover to be marketable, it's a show about XVIII century imperial politics with likeable characters

It's the name of the episode, you can't say it's something you don't know beforehand

It's weird, in the series he's a lot more likeable than in the book translation

Where can I watch this? Don't want to read thread and spoilers.

Torrent it from the usual sites.

Also the Shirou is the red man and the FPA loses.

If you're ready for a lot of reading and thinking, yes. One of my three 10/10s.

>It's the name of the episode
>not skipping episode names for this reason

>thinking
Man LoGH fans are so insufferable because they haven't read any books.

just postan best girl

Of course you have to think, there's a lot of different plots and characters and if you're not smart enough (e.g. typical Sup Forums user), there's a big chance you will get lost in the story.
I read books sometimes.

ffs LoGH does not require thinking and it's a pretty barebones anime adaptation. You might as-well just read the script.

Well, that's the biggest setback of the series, it's a glorified audiobook, the images are there just to cut the description of the environment

Thinking = having your mind working = paying attention
Just because your mind didn't break of overwork doesn't mean you didn't think.

>You might as-well just read the script.
I don't see how it's even an argument against thinking.

made a good adaptation though.

but logh is a book user

Which is why it's not a good adaptation and not a 10/10

It's a good series by not adapting crap.

Regardless of being a good adaptation by not over stylizing something for the sake of it.

>reading
Gayer than traps.

How's the official translation of the books going? Is it any good? Any news on whether they'll drop it before finishing whole series?

Been thinking about buying them, but still unsure

I watched the first episode and was pretty bored. And I'm not normally the type of person that gets bored as soon as there's dialogue and no action onscreen. The AESTHETIC was great though.

depend, if you are like you will like it because they tried to be constrained in the translation, but otherwise the text is dry as fuck...I don't see anyone that didn't watch the ova buying it and finding it good

Admittedly I'm not sure I'd have enjoyed it without the music and animation of the faces, scenery and such.

this is the best girl

Watch the movies that go over the first 2(?) episode and the film that was released before the series started first.

One of my biggest gripes with this show is how unimaginative it is. If I wrote a space opera I would be sure to go wild with different planets with different gravity/landscape/atmosphere/ecology and the ways people adapt to these environments, but here every planet is just a clone of 60-70s Earth. Boring, not to mention risibly unrealistic. If the author is more comfortable writing about history (and isn't willing to look into subjects like physics, astronomy, etc. just a bit) why doesn't he just set his book on a post-apo Earth which has reverted to 18th century technology or whatever?

Anime's flaws are that it's cheap and inconsistent as shit. Some frames are beautiful. but the next moment you just want to gouge your eyes out. Also the direction is nonexistent, and calls it a glorified audiobook quite rightly.

Triple don't lie. Only high-schoolers or maximum ignoramuses think LoGH is 'deep and 'intelligent'. Dune books absolutely blow it out of the water if you think about the setting alone, not even starting to look at the conceptual evel. And 'Dune' is just the plebbest example I could name off the top of my head.

>The AESTHETIC was great though
I hope you mean uniforms, because everything else was tacky af, especially buildings and interiors. Also Reich ships look like literally giant cocks, what did the designers mean by this, I wonder?

I just like huge-ass ships in space

It does nothing new. People praise it for almost nothing. What does it say about war that hasn't been said thousands of times before it?

here you go

It's an above average LN.

If the first episode's winning "strategy" doesn't force you to immediately drop it, it means you have shit taste and you'll be fine watching 110 eps of retarded artless garbage written for man-children who have never read a 19th century novel in their lives but are somehow blown away by the "depth" and the purple-y dialogues.

Just watch it OP. It's a bit of a slow burn at first but it really takes off around episode 15. It's an incredible journey.

it kind of bothered me she didn't end up preggo before yang went to sleep, when that piece of shit known as reinhart did get to have a kid

My friend born in the darkness.
Not only is she best girl, she's also the main architect of the Empire's victory over the Alliance.

Yang had Julian, so it's fine.

I only watched the OVA series and I have to say that it's one of the best animated series I've seen in my life. All of the main characters are relatable and likeable. The story itself, the interactions between the characters, everything is sophisticated. There's no needless gore and sex every episode like Game of Thrones or something like that. The deaths have impact. Personally, I shed a tear at every major death.

All in all, I wholeheartedly recommend it. It's truly an experience.

Its full of male throat noises
and KHAKKA

All 110+ episodes were worth it for this one episode

>yfw this scene

>piece of shit known as reinhart
Guards, this user has lost his composure.

This good?

youtube.com/watch?v=fPeLIXWLaiw

Yang's superior

The OG redhead tsundere pilot begs to disagree with your post.

it's not a good adaptation

They're equal. Yang might have defeated Reinhard several times, but Reinhard reformed the fucking Empire and fuged best girl.

How so? At least it's not an adaptation of crap though

I couldn't suffer 4 episodes of monogatari for all its style, but could get LoGH down like nothing.

And again the truth easily gets ignored.
By all means I enjoyed LoGH but I can easily admit to its flaws. But it takes a few hair robbing scenes to get the fujo in me going.

Post apocalypse doesn't allow for cavalry battles disguised as space fights. Also going super in depth into more than one topic is a great way to lose focus and audience

Your vocabulary doesn't contain any descriptive terminology. So you don't like monogatari's 'style'. It's not relevant at all is it? How about you tell me why you think LoGH is a good adaptation? Use some sort of objective measurement in your writing.

If you want pop scifi that takes itself a little seriously and pays attention to dozens of interrelationships then it's for you. If you're looking for an encyclopedia from the future, best to run away now before the red mist envelopes your grognard senses.

I didn't dislike the style so no description of it necessary, I disliked the content itself. LoGH was

Neither said it was a good adaptation as much as it wasn't an adaptation of crap.

>I didn't dislike it so I don't have to explain why
Whatever you say woman

>binging
Hey, newfag. We don't use Sup Forums buzzwords around here. The correct term is marathon.

Fuck democracy while we're at it.

Remember that one planet where if you lit a match it would blow up? Then Oberstein went and nuked it.

Yes

What are you on about? The stylistic choices aren't the point I'm making I'm making a point between adapting something crap and putting more budget into style or adapting something good and not having stylize it.

Was he better than Trump?

I'll say he's the opposite, since he knows how to appeal to the voters and isn't mentally handicapped.

>that piece of shit known as reinhart
You're almost as dumb as the "I read REAL novels and this is trash!"fags.

>Truhnit is anything like Trump
I know liberals are incredibly stupid and lap up whatever "This is how you should think!" bullshit they see on CNN and facebook, but at least pretend to do a little reading on your own sometime.

This is some non sequitur shit I hope you realize.

>Post apocalypse doesn't allow for cavalry battles disguised as space fights
How so? No more fossil fuels and electricity means you go back to horses, or move on to domesticated mutant giant insects, whatever. Plenty of opportunity for cavalry battles either way.

>around episode 15

If you like politics and space opera then yeah

More like ep 30 tbch.

Needs dubs. It messes with your suspension of disbelief.

The sci-fi elements in LoGH can't be taken seriously whatsoever. Even though it's still interesting to watch

Hardly, Gatari, style, no substance. LoGH very minimal style and lots of talking heads, more substance.

Just master moon.
Novel is the best.

Is the novel really better? The anime ends at a good place, and I've heard this author gets stupid with killing off characters as his stories go on.

As far as I know, I'm pretty sure the anime ends as the novels end. In other words a full adaptation.

Artland even did the prequels/sidestories that Tanaka also wrote.

>read the novel
>it uses the "if only Kircheis had been here" shit while he is still alive during the Westerland bombing, but not at Reinhard's side
Did the anime do that as well? I don't really remember.

She only exists to prove Julian isn't gay.

Novels are pretty great, but lacking Dusty Attenborough is an unforgivable crime

Just another dubfag who pretends to care about the setting, when reality is that he only cares when the work is not in his native language.

So are the novels really written any differently?

as I said, non-sequitur.
Are you female by any chance? It's really hard to tell but you can't probably be a male

I know some details are changed, but the overall product is pretty much the same.

Like how mentioned.

Some characters are really anime-only, they usually absorb one or two minor characters though. Which is really what an adaptation should do.

Dusty is in the Novels. He just doesn't show up until Volume 2 and he's not as important early on.

>Politics
If I enjoy Magi will I enjoy LoGH?

So it's a good adaptation that doesn't really fuck anything up. Why would people pretend you have to read the novels if you've seen the anime?

I have no clue. And looking at the production history and the previews too, the OVA was produced with the book readers in mind, while still being enjoyable by non book readers.

This is kind of unlike A Game of Thrones adapting A Song of Ice and Fire, although that's almost entirely a different beast.

The first season of AGoT is the closest thing to a near perfect adaptation of a novel, imo; where both book readers and non book readers can find equal enjoyment.