Read the guide before asking questions.
djt.neocities.org/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=18902445
i2.pixiv.net/img-original/img/2011/05/15/14/06/44/18902445_p2.jpg
light37.web.fc2.com/dragon/dq5/dq5wordsy/d5storyy1.htm
mediafire.com/folder/5c8bcxp9cxu0i/dicitonary_of_japanese_grammar_anki_deck
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tx62OSdvOvEr7VkYDdEoh_gm4xMfZr-4VHiUODxrwNk/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QNAucfhVViWzIQgPwRvFFsb0dUlfhenhG8ie7-6dwE0/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false&chrome=false
hayabusa8.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/news/1472654633/
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_LfQUu7m6o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ぞいしろ

whats up with that?
you'll cowards can't even learn jap

I deleted all my Maki images when we broke up so now all I have is big tiddie Dragon Quest characters all memes aside.

Love that image.
Pic related is the original.
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=18902445

Yeah, I think it was the first alt op pic I ever saw and it's still probably my favourite

ユエミチタカ drew an awesome 茉莉ちゃん.

I have read for two hours and now I am bored and finished my reps.

Read for two more hours

>Pic related is the original.
>master1200.jpg
そうですか

i2.pixiv.net/img-original/img/2011/05/15/14/06/44/18902445_p2.jpg
Direct link if you want it.

日本語の小説はすごく面白い
-----
鋼鉄に染まった身体でこちらに向かう誠也。その彼に僕は瓶を投げつけて、瓶に入っていた液体が彼の全身に降りかかる。

「なんだ……コレ?」

「皆、一斉に矢を放て」

僕の言葉に再び矢を放つゴブリン兵。だけど今度はその矢に火が付いていて、誠也の身体が炎に包まれる。

「火だろうと俺のスキルが破られ……がぁ……ぁ?」

炎の熱によって彼の鉄がドロドロに溶けていく、鉄が溶ければそこは元の身体に戻っていて。
 誠也は地面に身体を叩きつけながら苦しそうな呻き声を上げる。

「あああぁぁあッ!? 熱い、熱い! がぁぁぁ!」

ずっと同じあるいは似たような単語を呟き続け、地面に転がる誠也。その打ち上げられた魚のような姿を見ながら僕は微笑むと。

「知っているかい? 鉄は熱に弱いんだ。これ小学生レベルの知識だよ」

Is this some pun about bears? Can someone explain?

Halfway there today, at 2% (44 cards) a day.

So far so good though, it's been pretty easy, although I miss focusing on getting new vocab and reading.

I honestly feel like this has been helping my comprehension immensely though. Highly recommend RTK or something similar even though some people consider it a meme.

困った maybe.

I'm sure that's it. Don't know why I didn't think of it. Thanks.

If someone were to chose to do kanji study I'd say go with KanjiDamage over RTK, especially for production cards, the english keywords make way more sense and it teaches you less obscure kanji, not to mention it actually inclues shit like vocab and usage notes

It's like kanji training wheels, a step in between to make it a lot smoother. It's not strictly necessary, but if you can get through it quickly it helps a lot.

I only tried a bit of Kanjidamage a long time ago, but I like RTK more currently. No good reason for that though. All I care about is recognition though since I've been getting readings and shit from mined vocab from reading.

I'm on track for 50 days, which isn't too bad. I was having a lot of trouble mixing up certain mined words before, which is why I started.

Quit DJT for college nihongo courses, my school also offers japanese conversation tables every week which is very helpful. See you guys in a few years.

If you use kanji.koohii's site the user suggestions help with a lot of the problems you brought up.

In the end, it sorta doesn't matter, as long as you can stick with whatever kanji learning aid you choose.

This thread is kinda dead.

How do you guys feel about shadowing?
I only use it for anime I need to watch but it gets boring to keep me hooked. Not sure if it is helpful long term or just a nuisance.
light37.web.fc2.com/dragon/dq5/dq5wordsy/d5storyy1.htm

I figured out what the OOs meant in some of these scripts. It is just a placeholder for your custom name.

nice one kek/10

I started a radical deck at the same time as core2k and once I finished that I did a RTK deck, but I pushed it down to 10 new cards a day and even with that I have shit retention. I kind of want to drop it and just do core but on the other hand I feel like I'm far in enough that I might as well just continue.
I don't know if other people have this problem with Anki but I feel like you can't really quit a deck. the whole point of SRS is to not forget so once you "finish" a deck you still have to review, and even if it's not a lot per deck it still adds up.

>tfw obsessed with looking up every single word and kanji even ones I know

Find some manga with furigana that's your level ( maybe a couple words you don't know, but mostly stuff you do) and don't allow yourself to look up a single thing.

Do you guys ever just stop and role play or enjoy your games in different ways?

I am on the airship and I am using the airship as a reference to the journeys of life.

Even though it is 2D being on the airship just staring the waters below on the journey of life.

Let's keep going lads.

I stop and rub my pantsu every now and then but that's about it.

do you ever lay on your back and hang your legs over your head and cum directly into your mouth

How did you guys do the DoJG deck?

I'm making a revised version and wondering if there's anything I should change.

'sentence ○○ sentence'

bla bla bla

if/when/because/so that/wrong hole/oniichan

try and recall from there, back of the card fills in ○

慇懃無礼

There are Listening-Reading resources in the CoR. In fact the entire first book or two of the Harry Potter series in Japanese with full audio, if you wanted to shadow an entire book.

My opinion on shadowing is that it's most useful for like, if you can speak Japanese but want to make sure you speak like an actual japanese 25 year old instead of an anime girl. I feel like the only real benefit on shadowing other types of Japanese from what you actually want to speak is just to force yourself to pay attention to pitch intonation

>harry potter

Kek no im good.

I'll check out the other resources though and I appreciate it. I find let's plays to be good because most of them read the text in the RPG so it gives the pronunciation along with the word.

You can do both with shadowing. You don't have to watch just anime if you're worried about sounding like a girl.

>You can do both with shadowing
?
I feel like you didn't understand my post.

>77% retention yesterday
>59% today
Never do reps when tired
goodnight /djt/

お休みボケ

I have a bad habit of not reading completely before going on paragraph replies my bad.

Shadowing I think is more used for retention rather than using it to sound like something.

gn bby

~

>I'm making a revised version
Revised as in data/information or layout?
If you are revising the data, make sure to use the most up to date version for reference, if you aren't too far into it.
mediafire.com/folder/5c8bcxp9cxu0i/dicitonary_of_japanese_grammar_anki_deck

Here is the data you may be interested in, as aside from the page number and concept name, the remaining information isn't currently either present in the DoJG deck or isn't tabulated as such.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tx62OSdvOvEr7VkYDdEoh_gm4xMfZr-4VHiUODxrwNk/edit?usp=sharing

>大学でスペイン語を習わせられる
>日本語だけを勉強したい
殺されるくれ

胡散臭いなー
大学なら自由に授業を選べるはず

The basis for the deck (too late to change) is the mega link + your optimized formation tables + typo fixes from the report page. I'm not sure if the mediafire deck has changes apart from those.

>Here is the data you may be interested in, as aside from the page number and concept name, the remaining information isn't currently either present in the DoJG deck or isn't tabulated as such.

Thanks, I'll add the attributes and related expressions (already separated the description fields).

Hey I know "だれおまえ" is practically saying, "Who the fuck are you?"
But what would "だれきさま" be then?

>I'm not sure if the mediafire deck has changes apart from those.
It already has the optimised formation tables, but apart from that I think should be the same. Although:
>typo fixes from the report page
Which typos are they? The report page doesn't really have much going on, unless I've got the wrong page. Is it this one?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QNAucfhVViWzIQgPwRvFFsb0dUlfhenhG8ie7-6dwE0/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false&chrome=false

If you need any help or whatever, give a shout out. They may be things you can offload in terms of tedious shit that I can help out with.

Is taking a college course in Japanese a good idea to fill out my foreign language requirement? I'd be taking the course in addition to other learning resources like Tae Kim.

might even minor in Japanese if I have enough interest in translation work

>Harry Potter

Studying from books that weren't originally written in the language is less than ideal.

If you are going at any reasonable pace you will quickly outpace the class enough for it to become boring. If you have to take a foreign language, it's not a bad idea. But just make sure not to get caught going at their pace. Learn kana before starting and learn 20 words a day and you'll be fine,

How long does it usually take to get through Tae Kim? I keep getting stuck near the beginning and it feels like I'm not getting anywhere.

>translation work
:^)

>If you are going at any reasonable pace you will quickly outpace the class enough for it to become boring.
Fine by me, and I'll take a boring A.

Try Japanese: The Manga Way, it's less tedious.

>you can't make a living as a translator

Japanese is Japanese is Japanese, and it comes with native audio.
Less than idea is wasting time bickering over what is less than ideal on an English language image board.

That looks pretty nice user, I'll give it a shot. That covers most of the same stuff, right?

From me reading the contents page of the manga way it looks like it teaches around the same. Might be wrong though

Yes, it covers a few things Tae Kim doesn't and is missing some of his "Advanced" section but I know from experience that it's enough to start read.

I guess I can always look through Tae Kim once I finish to make sure I didn't miss anything important. Thanks guys.

>日本語を勉強して、だから日本語で話しはOK
Saw this written somewhere. Thought it'd be a nice ego booster, a sentence with so many clear mistakes anyone could tell. You're all welcome

thanks redditor

お前ですバカ

Unless you're being really pedantic about formal structure, that is a perfectly fine sentence colloquially speaking. Read more things that aren't straight out of genki 1.

kek, is this mount stupid?

>kek
Yeah, you're on it.

BTFO!回復もなく!

I come here for the high quality discussions

僕たちと同じ
hayabusa8.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/news/1472654633/

same, and occasionally post topical webms

全然読めない

When starting to read, did you guys have problems with grammar?

I read TK's guide like 10 times and I swear I see shit that's not in that guide like every 3 sentences.

Everyone did, just keep reading..

> I see shit that's not in that guide like every 3 sentences.

Example?

There are many things not covered in TK's guide. Try the DoJG series books/site/Anki deck, if you wish to have a more systematic approach to many of the things not covered, or if you after a larger reference.

Regardless, however, it will take a while before you really get used to the structure of the language. Initial reading is always going to be like that for a while.

Setting aside the e-statters it's not like everyone is a savant that understands everything head to toe just from their first glance.
If you aren't finding TK sufficient for your needs then there's always imabi or dojg or something that you can reference too.

Thanks, I figured as much. I was just wondering if it was only me or not.

Trying to wrap my head around the way a lot of the things in the language are directly backwards of English isn't easy.

>スペイン語を習わせられる
Why though, spanish is shit.

dont worry it gets easier if you remember your childhood and how you didnt give a fuck if you knew something or not

>I was just wondering if it was only me or not.
It very rarely is, user.
We're all in a our own little boards headed in the same direction, venturing into the mists together.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_LfQUu7m6o

>a lot of the things in the language are directly backwards of English isn't easy.
After a little while you might find that it is that things in English are somewhat backwards to Japanese.

>things in English are somewhat backwards to Japanese.
lol no they aren't you fucking weeb

Me on the right middle.

I'm the one in the back smoking a joint.

先週の土曜日から日本語コースの授業が始まった
クラスは初心者だらけのせいで、俺は他の学生より日本語がもっと上手い
ありがとう、/DJT/ ヽ(^o^)丿

>things in English are somewhat backward
These fucking weebs, I'll tell you what...

Found the American.

Joke's on you. I'm brazilian

いかにも

Puta merda Pedro, vai dormir.

haha Não :^)

shouldnt you be ganking top

Is there anyway to tell if a card is new on anki? Or to have both sides of a card shown the first time it appears?

I'm far enough into the RTK that the terms are starting to blend together, and sometimes I get keywords that I'm not sure if I've already seen or not.

Mobas are for fags

You can set new cards to appear after reviews.

it shows it on the bottom unless you manually turned it off

there's also a setting that puts all new cards at the end of your reviews

What's going on with this guy?

went to conbini

コンビニ?

コンビニに行っちゃった

Ah nice, I didn't notice that the colored numbers were underlined. Thanks.

おにいちゃんスナック食べたい