How to make GATE better?

how to make GATE better?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Iraq_Reconstruction_and_Support_Group
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_AH-64_Apache
youtube.com/watch?v=NnKcquMobHQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Make USA the good guys and save the incompetent Nip military.

Have at least one of the Japanese women get together with one of the native men.

This

USA would just nuke the whole plane

no need for nukes when any gun kill a entire army.

Let the US in first to get btfo and then the nips go in and save them.

Can we track these shitposters down already and ban them. This has been going on all day with the super obvious bait threads over hot button shows that they've done this for dozens of times already.

Remove the needless JSDF self-wank. Loved the premise, but the chink propaganda kinda ruined it for me.

6 episode high quality uncensored crossover with outbreak company including gangbang scenes involving rory, dark elf, dog chic and petank-hime being drilled by a platoon

If Japan actually had to struggle to win and not steamroll everybody.

Remove the otaku aspect from the MC, let the natives fight back without getting absolutely destroyed, let the natives fight back with magic, make the women JSDF soldiers realiatic, and change from A1 to not have QUALITY animation.

realistic*

>Can we track these shitposters down already and ban them. This has been going on all day with the super obvious bait threads over hot button shows that they've done this for dozens of times already.

Can we track this shitposter down already and ban him. This has been going on all day with the super obvious bait threads over hot button shows that he's done this for dozens of times already.

Remove all the female soldiers on both sides. I hate having to deal with girls in combat situations. Science also shows that women literally cannot handle combat. Everything else is great though.

Put niggers in the show, oh wait

Cancel it

Have them fight actual magic and not barbarians.
I wanted something like Dog Soldiers, not Zulu with JSDF as Brits.

Guess I'm the only one that loved the steamrolling and unbalanced warfare. Not enough media with advanced tech vs primive tech from the advanced tech standpoint.

Use the manga character designs.

Remove that retarded scene with whatserface killing people with a bayonet, just have her shoot them. Possibly also change the scene where she beats up Zorzal a little to make it more believable, for example giving her brass knuckles.
Change the episodes in japan so the foreign special forces don't come off as comically incompetent buffoons.

Those are my main grievances. The rest is just normal for the source material.

The show is garbage and unsalvageable. Rory was literally the only good thing about it.

Less waifus and more realistic behavior(NOT BRINGING A MENTALLY ILL ELF TO FIGHT A DRAGON)

There was no point in fighting the dragon if he didn't take the mentally ill elf.

Exactly there was no point at all to fight the dragon

Include the gore that was originally in the story, and remove all the JSDF propaganda/advertising.

Killing the giant fire breathing monster that traumatized you is a legitimate medical treatment.

Make a demon lord gate for USA, just for them to be blown the fuck out and start suffering under a crisis of hostages and mind control magic.

Then get Japan to save their ass since only Heroes can come from their GATE, meanwhile America nukes it's home soil only as their ONLY resort since they got their ass handed to them by their own mind control troops.

Ditch the Harem and political shit. More of the glorious JSDF doing nothing wrong. webm related.

SEASON 3

More interesting modern vs old battles. I want to see the japs take a few losses sometimes and have some equipment captured and see the other guys make crude replicas of modern weapons to fight with.

MC not being an otaku would be nice too.

Massive Amerifat butthurt would ensue.

>muh guns
>muh slaughter

Glad Zipang didn't pander to your kind.

Yeah, this.

Make it about the ADF

>Include the gore that was originally in the story
This. Watching A-1 Pictures' watered down version was painful.

>have some equipment captured and see the other guys make crude replicas of modern weapons to fight with
This seems like a natural progression. Too bad the author is too busy jerking the JSDF off.

But Gaijin too stronk, nips go home!

The same way you would fix any harem. Remove MC.

Imagine it's years later after the main events of Gate. The Gate structure left in the real world has "deactivated" and is stored at the bottom of the mt fuji mountain complex, covered on moving blankets. Then suddenly, they start to move... the Gate is active once more, and it's connected to a different location!

Japan scrambles to make teams to go out and discover these other worlds. They form various JG teams, and we follow the adventures of the lead team, JG-1.

i don't know about the manga, but the anime surely should close the damn gate in S3 and let them be stranded there with all their fancy pew pews and oil dependent shit becoming useless

>but the anime surely should close the damn gate in S3 and let them be stranded there with all their fancy pew pews and oil dependent shit becoming useless

We Zipang now.

Pander to butthurt americucks. who still can't get over the fact that yellow people beat them in Vietnam and will get raped by the Chinese.

Less Nip military propaganda

How about the new season being released next year!?

Outbreak Company already exists and is better than Gate in every way.

Japan's government was less retarded in Outbreak Company and was actually smart as fuck.

By using Soft Power in the form of consumer goods, they hook the masses on Japanese goods in return for precious resources.

Meanwhile, in Gate, Japanese taxpayer is footing the high cost of all those missiles, bullets, jet fuel and maintenance, tanks, soldiers, etc

And in the end, the Japanese government goes deep in the red in Gate despite investing so much manpower and resources since no proper trading ever occurs in Gate.

Outbreak Company is also shit though.

>Not the IDF
Bonus: put it in Jerusalem, next to the wailing wall, and watch the Jewish and Muslim butthurt flow in the anime AND in real life

Step one: stop asking random people on the internet to make it better. It's all LOL RUSSIANS as though a Japanese writer into puffing up his own military could have done that justice or LOL MORE POTENT MAGIC as though that would make it like 500 other pieces of shit about random magic.

I wanted operators operating, and got a sufficient amount to please me, even if they were sometimes dark elves backblasting each other, Kuro is OP, and I got a bit more harem than I'd like. The paradrop scene and music made my skin tingle. I'm good.

remove elf and death god

Send author to school

>how to make GATE better?
You can't because it's just jsdf glorification series

>jsdf self-wank

there was literally only one or 2 scenes that can be deamed as being "self-wank"

1. the scene where the agents of the 3 states were attacking the resort, in the anime it looked like they where well equipped, getting btfoed by japanese spec ops, but according to the story they were not, being undercover agents on japan they where really only equiped with smgs that they illegaly smuggled into japan, while the nips had rifles, night vision, and body armor. so for the nips to not come out on top in that conflict would have been surprising.

2. the scene where the nip female btfoed people: this scene was there more to ilistrate how badass the chick is instead of how badass the jsdf is. the fact remains that the nips would have btfoed those soldiers, either way. the story just chose to make a flashy show of it.

>>Meanwhile, in Gate, Japanese taxpayer is footing the high cost of all those missiles, bullets, jet fuel and maintenance, tanks, soldiers, etc
Most everything they're sending though the Gate is surplus. An awful lot of the cost is diverted from the endless exercises the troops would otherwise be doing.

>puffing up his own military
elaborate.

what about the jsdf is puffed up?

the operations conducted by the jsdf could\would have been conducted by literally any modern military.

there was nothing special that would make the jsdf stand out as apposed to any other modern army

you could replace the jsdf with the pre 2014 iraqi army that got btfoed by isis and the result would have been the same.

I am fucking tired of retarded cunts who have no idea what they are talking about, saying the author was jerking the jsdf.

give examples or gtfo.

>>what about the jsdf is puffed up?
That it's doing any combat operations whatsoever.

read
you dumb cunt.

The Zulus actually put up a fight.

this is how imagine japan in the past when guns arrived and changed the face of battlefields... must've been a slaughtering back then.

even if scifi based on real roots

Zipang did a lot of things right. I didn't even get mad when the main guy strangled a US marine to death on Wake Island. It was compelling, in a lot of ways, to force a modern peace loving Japanese naval officer have to do something so horrible. The Mirai and her crew did everything possible not to fuck up the timeline, and ultimately fail miserably, forcing them to have to act.

That's far more interesting than this drivel.

more CQC and HTH.

Incidentally, v4 features a Japanese SF team taking on 10k Romans and winning

as far as I know japan participates in nato exercises which train officers the skills necessary to conduct military operations so japan.

also the nips deployed forces in iraq, which essentially did humanitarian aid shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Iraq_Reconstruction_and_Support_Group

so does the japanese millitary have Apaches and shit? i thought these were US and Israeli only

Singapore has Apaches. However the nips are seen to use Vietnam-war era stuff like Cobras, Hueys and Chinooks.

>needing to be spoon fed
the nips are manufacturing their own variant according to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_AH-64_Apache

Dude, I was agreeing with your general position in that post you're going off on. The basic point is, a Japanese writer who is a reservist in the Japanese military is going to write about that military, not some other military that a Sup Forums autist would prefer.

Those are exercises, not combat operations, and humanitarian aid does not involve combat. The Japanese were banned from supporting Coalition forces militarily and operated pretty much only in safe zones. They haven't invaded, captured, and held territory or done scouting or engaged in warfare in 70 years or so.

>v4
What?

Why don't you look it up on Wikipedia and tell us?

>how to make GATE better?

Make the show about the JSDF, not about the otaku MC´s harem. Lelei is cute and explains an important part of the world, and Yao delves into the idea of training the locals to fight, but Rory is insufferable and destroys any illusion of danger, and the elf PTSD arc is annoying.

The show should have been more about the JSDF operating and establishing rapport with the locals. Pic related.

"You know what the Empire´s problem is, Itami-san?"

>needing to be spoon fed
>Why don't you look it up on Wikipedia and tell us?

it's called socializing you fucking neets

This is exactly what they do later on, Itami and 3rd Recon are just the pioneers for this.

This is the internet. You want to socialize, start off with at least some evidence you've attempted to inform yourself. For example, you could have asked:
> I know Japan has Apaches, but how many?
Showing that you aren't an asshole who can't be assed to to the bare minimum of checking fucking Wikipedia for their question. Now we might all get informed, because only someone more /k/ oriented would be able to answer that question.

Seriously our diplomatic relations would've went much sooner and the faggot-nips could've used a few A-10s

For what tanks? The A-10 isn't the only ground attack aircraft around, you know.

i can totally see where you are going: nowhere.

but that's expected from someone living in a basement

This. More military shit, less fanservice.

There is a lot of faggots who want the locals to use magic and BTFO the JGSDF, but I want them to use magic, and still get their asses handed to them, if needed, not by tanks and infantry fire, but by heavy artillery and aviation strikes.
Magic faggot annoy me to no end. Can your dragon spit fire at a range of three miles? No, but any post-1970 self-propelled anti-air gun can. Can your magic arrow pierce armor? If it can, even a lowly L7 105mm gun designed in the early 50s will gib the archer before he can hope to distinguish the camouflaged tank, and if he comes close, the .50 cal machine guns and 40mm automatic grenade launchers would be there.

Oh, and it would have been fun to see the Gate opened not in Japan, with its positive, politically correct nice army, but in a country that doens't give a shit about that BS and would crush the Empire until everyone's their bitch, like China, Russia, Serbia or, I don't know, have it happen earlier and have the Korean War-era US Army intervene.

We don't have basements here.

Make it like 3 Kings. Have a JSDF/US/NATO Joint task force cleaning up the Romans as a backdrop for a small squad of JSDF going awol to steal a shitload of Imperial gold, but get caught up in protecting some local war refugees from retaliation from the scattered imperial forces (for not taking up arms against the task force or some shit). DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of PEACEKEEPING OPERATIONS.

>Oh no! Another butt-hurt weeb episode!

Stop the nationalistic cocksucking, have the real part of the world be actually realistic instead of "hurr we nips have all the technology and are morally superior in every way by the way nanking never happened" and make the anime focus more around the armies, battles and politics instead of a theta MC loser and his ragtag team running around doing dickall.

This, if it was like Generation Kill then it would be GOAT

More Rory less other females

>Stop the nationalistic cocksucking
Winning a war can only happen in fantasy for the japs, at least the author has picked someone at their level

i hate how they draw her mouth. low quality art

>have all the technology

Lel, everything they have in the anime has been designed in the 60s at best. Vietnam War-era Huey and Cobra choppers, horribly obsolete Type 74 tanks, unguided self-propelled artillery, F4 Phantom fighters, old Type 64 battle rifles with wooden stocks... Their shit is ancient (it's explained in the anime, they brought old ass shit so it isn't a problem if they have to leave it behind should things go bad) ; Uganda or North Korea could field better weaponry.

Will we be getting another season of this? It didn't seem to end with everything done and covered.

i don't get one thing, maybe you can explain it:

that kidnapped girl they rescued.

a) she was raped and shit, and she doesn't give a fuck? wat?

b) she was kidnapped in the initial attack, in the same attack her parents died searching for her with missing posters? wtf?

I'm talking about the part where the SF of other evil countries sneak in and the japs somehow know their every move due to some bullshit satellite tech or something
You know, the night loli girl chopped up the best special forces the world has to offer without breaking a sweat?

>Those are exercises
regardless exercises prepare officers and soldiers for the real deal.

>done scouting or engaged in warfare in 70 years or so.

this day and age that is irrelevant for military doctrine can easily be imitated, especially if you are conducting exercises.

technology has evolved to a decree that simulating combat is sufficent enough that one can evolve doctrine in a way that would be productive.

I recommend you check out youtube.com/watch?v=NnKcquMobHQ for in this interview are described training methods and the results thereof.

But that was the best part.

Rory is best out of them all though.

Didn't enjoy that Elf PTSD part either like other user.

>i don't get one thing, maybe you can explain it:
>that kidnapped girl they rescued.
>a) she was raped and shit, and she doesn't give a fuck? wat?
>b) she was kidnapped in the initial attack, in the same attack her parents died searching for her with missing posters? wtf?

The GATE was much smaller and easy to conceal when it first opened. That's when the Empire entered the Gate and kidnapped people for info.

Much later, the mages built a physical structure to enlarge the GATE and ensure that it be forced to stay open, instead of closing naturally after a time. That's when it suddenly appeared in the middle of the street in Japan, and when the invasion officially occurred.

there is one thing totally not adding up with reality.

You go to a land were you find animal people, catgirls, rabbitgirls and shit.
You also see that magic is possible there

AND YOU DON'T FUCKING R&D THE SHIT OUT OF IT TO SEE IF YOU CAN USE MAGIC IN OUR WORLD OR CROSS BREED WITH THEM ANIMALS TO MAKE SOME SORT OF SUPER HUMANS?

>AND YOU DON'T FUCKING R&D THE SHIT OUT OF IT TO SEE IF YOU CAN USE MAGIC IN OUR WORLD OR CROSS BREED WITH THEM ANIMALS TO MAKE SOME SORT OF SUPER HUMANS?
They haven't secured a peace treaty. Itami take samples when he can and send them back, so it is clear research is being done. But it is all only done on the side of military operations and is not the goal of the government. One thing at a time.

maybe the manga explains it better, but the anime is full of shit

your explanation would make sense, except:
they kidnapped exactly 3 random people.
one died in a cave in, the other one got rescued, whatever happened to the 3rd one is unknown

you don't simply kidnap only 3 people and then boom just attack a giant. The imperials were not stupid enough to right a red dragon, why are they stupid enough to fight an even worse enemy?

as if it would be hard to ask one or two mages if they want to try magic in our world

>your explanation would make sense, except:
>they kidnapped exactly 3 random people.
>one died in a cave in, the other one got rescued, whatever happened to the 3rd one is unknown
>you don't simply kidnap only 3 people and then boom just attack a giant. The imperials were not stupid enough to right a red dragon, why are they stupid enough to fight an even worse enemy?
They managed to teach the prisoners their language, and here is what they learned; the nation's people are generally unarmed, the government had pacifisim as doctrine and it is not a world power,

The Empire wasn't lied to. The Empire just didn't understand that even an African Warlord armed with AA guns on Toyota Pickup trucks could defeat the Empire forces. The Empire sees a weak nation with the citizens not armed and with no visible soldiers in the streets.

>as if it would be hard to ask one or two mages if they want to try magic in our world
Lelei is one of the most important people in the cast and is currently under the employment of the JSDF as a translator and advisor. However there are not that many truly powerful magic users, and it is not certain that just anyone could learn magic. Magic is NOT widespread in GATE and it is likely to be partly genetic.

>I didn't even get mad when the main guy strangled a US marine to death on Wake Island

Why would you get mad at that? It's fiction.

her uncle/father/whatever is pretty willing tho, and a jobless bum as it looks

>Stop the nationalistic cocksucking,
views expressed by characters are not views that are endorsed by the author or are views that the novel seeks to perpetuate.

in the novel the ruling party is the more nationalistic party, which is why it seeks outcomes that benefit japan like mining rights and other shit. had the opposition been in power, maybe a more benevolent peace deal would have been negotiated.

if the novels were nationalistic propaganda the nationalist faction would have been portrayed as being pristine, instead they are portrayed as being corrupt and inept(which was what the US blackmailed them with).

>
>For what tanks? The A-10 isn't the only ground attack aircraft around, you know.
Because the A-10 is fucking useless.

This.

>A-10 is useless

>Because the A-10 is fucking useless.
And what are you suppose to use an A-10 ON?

Seriously, the A-10's guns are overkill against Empire forces. You are better off with aircraft armed with incendiary or explosive ammunition. By modern standards all of Empire's troops are soft targets.