Occasional reminder Berserker armor was a mistake

Occasional reminder Berserker armor was a mistake.

Berserker armor was a step in the right direction for Guts. He needed a power-up eventually to deal with those pesky Apostles.

However the moment Guts adopted that fucking furry persona which physically changed OP's pic, the berserker armor looked fucking retarded.

Can't wait until we see what bullshit powerup he'll get to defeat griffith

keep trying

>Shitting on the hound helmet

Well fuck you too.

Though I admit the version that makes him look like batman was horrible.

go back to Sup Forums kid

>implying

Guts is only a human, he can defeat some monsters, but members of the god hand in a different level. Even skull knight can't defeat them despite that he tried to kill them for a hundreds of years. There should be a some power-up for Guts and berserker armour is not so bad.

The armor doesn't even power him up, just stops his brain from holding back.

You can see Guts' face inside the helmet. Nice detail.

The problem with the berserk armor is the same problem with ichigo's bankai in bleach.
Oh, we are about to fight something that I could defeat in my normal form. Screw that berserk armor all the way.
It would be nice as a last resort, but he has used it way to often.

It's main purpose is to change Guts into a Skull Knight type of monster only as a hound. It's obvious the last person to use the armor was Skull Knight.

So later in the manga, Guts will either choose to keep using it and become a hound or to finally put it aside.

>Oh, we are about to fight something that I could defeat in my normal form. Screw that berserk armor all the way.
But he still needs it to fight people like Griffth's generals and the Sea God.

>Occasional reminder Berserk was a mistake.
ftfy

It's like bringing a knife to a knife fight when you have a sword. You pull the sword because you might win the knife fight, but you are going to get cut, probably.

That stupid armor will be the death (or damnation) of him if he keeps using it of course, but the reason he keeps using it is the same reason he's not dead yet, and the same reason he keeps getting in these situations, which is his personality.

He wouldn't back down to begin with, the armor enables him to do that, and to do it against things that would kill him sooner than later. Or worse.

Being the successor of the Skull Knight (The Hound Knight? The Black Wolf? The Black Wolf Swordsman?) would mean even more suffering and strife than he currently knows, but it would be in character.

It would be cosmically fair on some level if Casca got to raise a child of theirs to not grow up like it's father (or her, being a mercenary wasn't always kind to her or free of heartbreak) although that might not happen either. We'll see though. It would be bittersweet if it did happen.

Guts is going to get another power up at some point to fight with Griffith right?

VegeCasca was a mistake

>doesn't power him up

Pfft what are you smoking? Guts normal body is not capable of the feats without the armor even if his brain wasn't holding him back.

He's never gonna die with the armor on, he'll take it off after the fight heal for a few days and then baam can use it again.

He'll probably get his and Casca's brand removed.

how

Magic. Schierke's teacher mentioned its possible.

that's pretty endgame and wouldn't result in a powerup

Guts can't even get close to Griffith because of the brand. Its quite the powerup to have it removed.

page

Its in the very first encounter with the Godhand. Back when the Count had his ultimatum of sacrificing his daughter or not. Guts couldn't even swing at Griffith without his brand exploding.

but he managed to overcome the pain and attack Griffith
just he was WAY too powerful.

He will never be able to actually fight Griffith with the brand. It cripples him too much in the presence of the Godhand. You could see this with a half version of Slan too.

>Guts and Caska will lose their brands and be sacrificed once more by _____

he only feels pain, wouldn't even matter with the fursuit on, and he could just ignore it with more determination

what do you think guts final power up will be(if he will ever get one)?
new sword? second sword? new armor? longer cape? beast demon form of darkness?

Puck

He never got close with the berserk armor though, did he? What if Skully is the way he is because he did that?

It has been so long since I read Berserk, aren't there more powerful beings than Godhand? Like these Elemental Kings or whatever they were called?

He's fine as he is. He will help Griffith take down the Godhands and will kill him in a 1 v 1 possibly ending with him dead as well.

Armor is great. Keeping him within the realm of "human" strength wasn't viable and it was clear from the start the mark made him more than a human. The armor continues the theme by literally making him a demon with no humanity. It's the next level of his loss of humanity. The only reason he's still sane is that he has a strong bond with a friendly witch. Friends = Gut's redemption. That's the theme since the Millenium arc and the armor follows.

>Griffith..... I'm already a demon

I guess they are equals, but it doesn't matter.