Gigantic bitch

>gigantic bitch
>annoying as fuck
>not even that hot

So why do people like Asuka again?

Some people are masochists. And I guess she has redhead appeal.

its a meme but shhh

/thread

She's a strong, empowered woman, the likes of which were very rare in 1995. She subverted gender roles and defied all the common female stereotypes.

I need a girl that I can train.

She is hot as fuck though, but the personality ruins her.
People who are really into Asuka are into femdom and probably NTR (unless you self-insert as Kaji but still).

Cuckadmin liked this whore, but since his gone, now everyone likes her the "post-ironical" way, so they can preach "nostalgia" for something they weren't even alive back then.

>cute as fuck
>won't sperg at you like a retard
>won't be mad at you unless you're really annoying her

She's objectively better than Asuka.

I am a lesbian and I can confirm this

>Asuka
>strong
Pick one

Rei is perfection

Please post the image of shinji, asuka and rei all naked in boxes next to each other. The one that shows how different their personalities are.

>mentally broken pure girl who desperately needs the comfort of another but is too strong to admit it
>not cute as fuck

c'mon nigga, fucked up girls are the best

Thank you, user.

It's funny how the popular meme is that shinji is an emo faggot when Asuka has the typical emo/scene kid depressive/maniac personality.
Shinji doesn't hate himself, he just can't accept himself which is different.

Masochists like Asuka, sadists like Rei.

Patricians and gentlemen prefer Misato.

They think they can cure her. She's not meant to be a likable character; she's meant to be horribly psychologically fucked up due to the trauma of living in an apocalyptic world. Just like everyone else in the show.

She was portrayed as a very human character at a time when most female characters were simply love interests or gag characters

Best girl right here

>Asuka
>Rei
>Misato
why aim so low?

She is the meme fanservice girl. Literally the Mari of the original series.

It was the rejection by her mother, not the "trauma of living in an apocalyptic world". A lot of the kids you see besides them are pretty well adjusted.

They didn't have mothers like Asuka's.

There is also the issue of extreme pressure and having a fragile sense of self worth predicated upon delivering in accordance with her status as an elite student/pilot, etc.

Shinji is sort of the same thing, really. His is a daddy issue, though.

It's also worth noting that all three of the pilots ARE exceptional too, and have a lot of demands on them. Rei is a clone of Yui, and Yui was brilliant. Shinji is the child of Yui and Gendo, and while an underachiever, would be expected to be pretty smart one way or the other, he's certainly thoughtful.

Asuka had a smart mother, who was surely picky about the father, and indeed, she is brilliant.

But also as you say, fucked up. Her mother didn't accept her, and her only sense of self worth is from excelling. Then Shinji is better (Definitely in some part because his evangelion IS Yui. That helps. She accepts him.) Asuka? At least for a while there, not so much. Her reaction to Shinji doing well also drove her score down and made her suicidal and catatonic even.

Depends on what you mean by likable. She's definitely intended to be a sympathetic character.

Her mother's circumstances were involved with the apocalypse-- her soul being transferred to Unit 02, thereby rendering her body an empty shell. Shinji's daddy issues arise from Gendo being of questionable moral fiber to begin with, complicated by losing Yui in the Second Impact. The consequences of the Second Impact cascade from the people immediately affected to the people around them.

Sure, but that's not necessarily redeeming enough to outweigh her flaws. She's a bad person, but a good character.

>She's a bad person, but a good character.
how was she a bad person?
A person with conflicts and issues yet, but bad?

People in EVA is ugly. Asuka is hot by comparission.

When I think of myself as a kid I don't like Asuka at all, but as an adult I think she's really cute.

Yeah, but it's not like they are dragging their asses around being PTSD cases because they saw people get boiled alive or eaten by demented cannibals, or are busy fending off starvation. At least initially.

Fighting Angels certainly doesn't help going forward. The pressure to succeed against an immensely difficult existential threat and challenge like that messes them up.

But it's a complication of the earlier formative stuff. The other kids again, surprisingly well adjusted when the threats aren't around. They bonce back well after the latest Angel is taken down.

But then, they aren't the ones getting in the hot seat every time.

But there are no girls on the internet. Not even lesbians.

Shit taste, just end yourself.

This bait is tasteless.

Tsundere fetish

people often voluntarily start unhealthy relation
they do it with their waifu

SMUG
MELONS

>princess in danger-moe

tits or gtfo

First of all, anyone who watches Eva for the waifus is the kind of cancerous poster that will later infest this board and the whole internet with their waifufaggotry and constant fights with other waifufags

Secondly, Asuka's fans who don't belong in the aforementioned category usually like her because her flaws and personality are exaclty what make her relatable to them. Characters with flawed personality and deep internal problems are much more interesting than perfect and flawless ones (and no character is flawless in Eva)

Thirdly, people like tsunderes, and they love to see her softer side come to the surface when she's not being tsun.

I just want to rescue her.

Because she is a fuckton better than that autismo of a clone you all seem to worship.

Literally who

because people think they're cool if they share waifu with moot faggot

>won't be mad at you unless you're really annoying her
That's the best part. People like to call her a doll but they forget that she never had any qualms about telling people that they were acting like little pieces of shit. But she won't get mad at everything and make a scene, unlike Asuka.

It's a shoop of Shinji's bf.

mootles isn't even a virgin, though. To call him a waifufag is pretty heretical.

>too strong to admit it
>strong
Do you even know what that word means?

>he doesn't know about Mana Kirishima

>>gigantic bitch
>>annoying as fuck
>>not even that hot
Makes the rape all the more hotter.

>Shinji doesn't hate himself
Yes he does.

Gun yourself down, you couldn't even walk up to her, you fucking sperg. Newgrounds-lite posters like you should just be shot into a ditch. You contribute nothing to this site.

Because she's a good character.

Could Char save Asuka?

I dont "like" asuka, but she's better than rei i guess.

Because shes human.

Hard to say, given how things between him and Lalah turned out. Still, I want to be more like Char so I can be better for my waifu.

But obviously not alike in that whole business towards the end of 0079 that I mentioned earlier.

>soulless

I bet she was just one too many beers away from making a man out of Shinji.
Just imagine what that could have changed the storyline.

Eldritch Abomination souls are not normal souls

You'd be the one to know, satan.

Because she is a meme, and she is guaranteed to be pandered.

She is the moron's choice.

HAHA no

She is the exact opposite

>I am an X so my point is therefore valid
Fuck off retard.

Were you talking about pretty much any other character, I'd take your words at face value.

But this is one of the Big Two, which means you can't possibly intend anything besides a shallow falseflag war.

You're not supposed to worship or hate either one, you're supposed to realize that people have flaws but we should love them regardless.

Probably because only socially awkward people who have no experience in real woman like the soulles rei. The other ones go for asuka or misato.

They are stronger souls

A lot of shit taste in this thread

>slaps the shit out of shinji when he talks mad trash about gendo
She's just extremely autistic is all.

Nah, normies dig Rei and that is why Asuka a best

Why do people hate Subaru for being a loud, obnoxious, selfish, egocentric attention whore with low self-esteem but love Asuka?

Waifufags, son

He pays less attention to Rei and Gendou wins because she wasn't swayed from his scenario.

She's a nervous wreck functioning on defense mechanisms.

Lel, that shit had been done way before, and better.

me on the left

>Secondly, Asuka's fans who don't belong in the aforementioned category usually like her because her flaws and personality are exaclty what make her relatable to them.

In 17 years of Evafagging, I've yet to find a single such Asukafag.

I've found plenty of Asukafags that claim they love Asuka for her flaws, and how they love her imperfections, though. But they are revealed a liars the second you mention any of said such flaws, then they run into hyper-defensive mode to claim it was everyone elses flaws except Asuka's.

That's why Asuka fans are, and will always be, perpetually delusional waifu-fans who bought into the "Asuka is best girl meme". Most hardly have their own opinion or are too unintelligent to form their own (much like Asuka), so they latched on to the idea that Anno or moot likes Asuka the best, and copied them. Now they're too invested to just give up on that, and so they're stuck adoring a character they really hate, and need to continuously delude themselves with lies to keep it up.

>>not even that hot
I'm a Rei fag but damn you are wrong.

Like, how?

Which one is the correct one Sup Forums

This shit is official, and disgusting.

Asuka is best girl

well said, broski.

Asuka is pretty much the worst girl in all of Evangelion.

New: super rare asuka langley cosplayer, donut steel

Is Girlfriend of Steel worth playing/reading?

Maybe

Best girl reporting in.

What's the origin of this meme? I never saw anyone replying to one of those "me on the left/right" posts, so they don't work as bait. What are they for?

Picked up.

Not everything is about getting (You)s, but I got one, so thanks.

It's worth it for the production values. Actual TV series staff worked on it, so you have TV series-level quality characters and art direction, plus all the original VA cast.
It's a classic, I'd say play it if you like Evangelion. It's like a TV special that happens around the action arc, before Touji becomes a pilot, but after Asuka arrives.

It's one of those /s4s/ memes with no origin or purpose. It's sort of an anti-meme, which really has no reason to exist and yet it becomes ingrained enough in user's mind to post it without even knowing that they are trying to say by posting it.

Patrician's choice is dr Akagi though.

The alternative is a blue haired equivalent of a fleshlight.

This is official. You are not upset.

Wrong.