ITT: Fights that were unnecessary and just pure fanservice

>literally built up in every single arc since hisoka got cockblocked
>unnecessary and just pure fanservice

It was completely unnecessary to the entirety of the black continent ark and wasted precious chapters showing an end result we already knew would happen.

It was fucking pointless and Togashi could have used those pages to actually progress the plot, not drag on hisoka getting his ass devastated.

Better to do this hyped up fight on screen rather than offscreen, and further delay Chrollo screentime

More like save the fight up for later with no bs end result .

Chrollo will get screentime in DC anyways

We only ever got background info that Hisoka was going to try and restore Chrollo's nen to fight him, but we didn't see the sequence of events between him heading off with the exorcist and the start of the fight. This fight should be something that would happen much later in the manga after the Dark Continent arc. We'd be much further into the actual plot if the chapters used for this fight were given to story development instead.

what the actual fuck

If the fight happened later the Phantom troupe would not be able to join the dark continent voyage which they presumably play a large role in. Furthermore the fight itself was character development, we go to see what, Chrollo's second fight? Hisoka also developed his attitude before and after the fight, he's much less forgiving of when he fights people.

It was necessary to turn Hisoka into a generic saiyan. Also Togashi is just speeding things out since he seems tired of this shit. Killing off Shalnark and Kortopi saved lots of unnecessary content like Kortopi making thousands of black whales and Shalnark making things inside the ship even MORE complicated.

Honestly im glad he did it the way he did. While everyone is setting up for a boat trip a life and death match happens across the world between two major characters is how I expect shit to happen sometimes in the world of HxH. If they only lined up major events, following a linear path, in the manga it would feel less like a real world making me less immersed.

The fight has been planned since fucking Yorkshin, and there haven't been enough chapters since to fight to judge retroactively how it fits in with the plot. We already know it's the catalyst for Hisoka hunting down the troupe, that will be a hugely important plot element. Two relatively important characters already died as a direct result.

This fight was necessary to develop Hisoka's character as well as level up his nen. How the fuck is it unnecessary?

>anticlimactic fight
>fanservice
If you wanted to see Hisoka get thrashed, yeah. The fight set up both characters' involvement in the affairs of the current arc.

Diego vs. Johnny

this diego specifically, biggest fanservice asspull of our generation

It's a shame Araki couldn't think of a more elegant way to make the race relevant again.

>lol I don't know how to end this part, Za Warudo!

Americans actually think this shit is genius too, what a disaster

To be fair, the only part that has a good ending is 1.

>oh shit i made the villain too strong! launch him into space
>maybe if we just give this guy his blood back he'll be ok
>i set up several unanswered plot lines in this town? oh well
>whoops, the villain's too strong again. I guess we'll just temporarily upgrade the mc's stand to a perfect counter
>why have the mc beat the villain when it could be this kid no one cares about? also, I'll break the "no one can have two stands" rule, because I made the villain too powerful yet again

>death match
>both still fucking alive now

Wow such a great match, i read this for several weeks to see this result

It's not like Araki plans any of his stories, every part has some dumb shit that wasn't foreshadowed at all or something retconned so he can have a conclusion.
Would be nice if Araki actually planned the overall plot before starting it. I wonder what stupid shit he will come up with in part 8.

Honestly, I hated it.

We could've had Kurapika in the boat, instead a long chunk of chapters were wasted on this fight that everyone knew would lead nowhere because none of them can die yet since they're fan favorites.

Wasted precious time instead of advancing the story, now we have to wait months for Togashi to come back for a couple weeks and go back to Hiatus for a year or two.

Yeah, and Hisoka died.

They could easily have off screened this and gave a single chapter showing his motive. He always wanted to go for Chrollo since the beginning anyways. And pfft 2 irrelevant spiders who got one shotted like anyone gives a shit about them.

You can offscreen absolutely everything in a story by that logic. The fight was good and fun, and the threads were amazing. If you didn't like it, that's on you.

He's alive now.

So yeah great "death" match that was.

Sure, now. But the death match resulted in his death and didn't end until that happened. It was exactly what it was advertised as.

hisoka is now actively hunting and killing off troupe members because he lost, as opposed to just chasing down chrollo

No because that fight was pointless in the time of story since you couldn't kill one of them off that early in the plot before DC and should have been saved then.

If he gets so damn tired wasting weeks on shit like this and have the plot barely move too then he's better off paneling something like this which was unnecessary as hell.

Plus the threads were shit unless you're a retarded fanboy.

Every damn week chrollo and hisokafags calling each other cucks and muh BTFO like narutards

The fight advanced the story in a meaningful way, both by developing the characters and by giving us greater insights into Nen. It was also a really fun fight. You're only complaint is that it "wasted time," and there's no justification to say that. The real answer is that it focused on a plot line you don't care about as much as others, and you're pissy that the one you wanted got cut off.

So, if you can become stronger everytime you die, why not people just kill themselves and use their nene to revive everytime? And even if their speciality doesn't allow it, they can hire someone with healing abilities(or just a fucking RCP Kit like it makes any difference) and bring them back to life, do this plenty of times till you are on SSJ3 level, done.

I imagine there aren't many people who have figured out that dying and coming back to life can strengthen your nen, and I suspect that it will have its own downsides, like nen always does.

In verse yeah, but to readers all it did was make us see a guy wake up and get stronger and then one shots spiders in the same chapter which sucks. Death ain't a temporary thing where I'm from

Actually it is. People are declared dead and revived all the time. Hisoka's length of time spent dead is unrealistic, but so is the natural raw strength of many of the characters in this series.

>You're only complaint is that it "wasted time," and there's no justification to say that

Yes because the fight took 80% of the content time of when he came back from his hiatus.

When he came back everyone was on board for the DC train to finally kick off only for it to get halted for several long weeks for a pointless fight and then back on DC only for a bit then the man is now tired as fuck again and ain't bothered for a while.

And yeah it's not like any other characters can give us better insight to nen huh? Not like Ging don't exist right?

Only hisoka developed as a character because of the fight but it wasn't even anything that can't be told through a flashback. The guy just realised he shouldn't be giving his enemies so many advantages.

Nothing here disproves anything I said. You wanted a different plotline, and you didn't get it. I liked the one we got, and I'm not sad it worked out this way. Hisoka is a main character who would need to get this development at some point anyway, and using this time to also teach us more about nen is much more elegant than having Gin exposition drop it on us for no reason.

It was a good place to put the fight. You'll get your waifu time eventually, don't be a bitch about it.

>Hisoka is a main character

Are clownfags stupid?

>when this is all you have left

Sad.

But yes, even as a long term antagonist, Hisoka is a main character. He's been integrally involved in the vast majority of arcs, and we've had tons of time with him as the viewpoint character.

He's a secondary character. An important one but still secondary.

There are only 4 main characters in HxH, Hisoka is not one of those.

Stupid logic, especially because the way the fight played out is necessary to explain Hisoka's decision to kill the troupe. Their fighting styles developed both of their characters as well, in the sense that we understand Chrollo better and Hisoka seems to have learned something from his mistakes.

Yeah his development was literally nothing special at all or anything deep. He was always gonna be at DC anyways as long as the troupe aka chrollo was going there.

I wanted the plotline to continue after the 2 year wait and not some random fight in arena no one saw coming. It should have been saved for later. I never wanted to see them have some retarded round 2 and just have a 1 off fight.

And get off this waifushit as if there's as if there isn't barely any in the series.

I mean whatever if you wanna just be full on retarded but this literally gave him the reason to go to the dark continent.

I don't know how you define main character, but it's clearly stupid.

>showing an end result we already knew would happen
Nice hindsight fag.

At least we're in agreement now that your only real complain is entirely subjective and personal.

>bawww Togashi doesn't write specifically to please me as an individual, and structures his manga according to the plot rather than how impatient I am to see certain things happen
If he cared about retards who can't be patient for the plot to unfold as planned, he wouldn't have written half the stuff he has. There is no reason to skip a long planned, entertaining fight that develops both the plot and characters.

Yes and hisoka decision to kill the troupe could easily be explained in a reference chapter.

And why the hell are you fags keep acting like you won't be seeing Chrollo in DC? You'd still eventually learn how he thinks anyways and in the hisoka fight it was pretty disappointing we barely saw anything from Chrollo's POV anyways.

Only people mad about fight are butthurt spider fags and kurapika fanboys.

not really. Chrollo just wants on the boat to rob some niggers blind, and Hisoka will just follow them. They currently have zero reason to go to the DC and would sooner stop at the "new continent" with the BW.

Mostly the latter, since the spiderfags at least got to see Chrollo BTFO Hisoka.

>Be patient

Normally I'd agree but fuck off, the man barely puts chapter out as it is and will most likely never finish his series at this rate.

And keep acting like a retarded, all what you said could easily been done in the actual arc the guy has been delaying for years.

Reminder that Kurapika is bad character with almost no development sine Hunter Exam and none since Yorkshin.
Angsty fag with special snowflake emporer time bullshit. Sixteen years and his character is still just "muh eyes".

I can't wait for someone like Ging to ignore his edgy butthurt and tell him to chill out, or just Pariston troll Pika to death. We know Pika would fall for it.

>be Chrollo
>experience first hand nen getting stronger after death
>kill Hisoka
>not making sure someone who's been having a huge urge to fight you for years doesn't pull anything dodgy

Kind of out of character he didn't desu

His experience wasn't someone coming back to life, though. It was the nen he stole from a guy who died.

Be patient or drop it idiot, either you like his writing enough to trust where he's taking the story or you don't and shouldn't bother reading it anyway.

He took his time with the CA arc, I'm sure everyone was losing their shit over all the side characters getting their development before the main characters while it was being published. And yet the fact that he bothered to develop so many characters and extend the build up is what makes the arc stand out, so thank fuck he doesn't cave to pressure even if he takes ten years to finish an arc.

He trusted Machi not to be incompetent woman.

>gave Hisoka a powerup
>revealed Chrollo's new abilities
>Hisoka is now on a manhunt for the Spiders

That's obviously going to come into play later.