Grand Blue Chapter 7

3DPD Edition. Only oolong tea can save you from this nightmare.

Other urls found in this thread:

helveticascans.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=5
insidescanlation.com/etc/How-to-edit-manga-with-Photoshop/rawr/editguide/2.html
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdfkUhXrJJGdIXUgBixQeH1M2B07s4TZdvufKttGniTKV_aVw/viewform?c=0&w=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Absolutely no homo.

I fucking love this series

I bet she'll be cute without makeup.

>I start going to gym
>mfw start getting built
>mfw urge to strip intensifies

This is the only manga I can relate to.

More like Grand POO, am I right?

I fucking love character relationships where the characters won't hesitate to throw each other under the bus.
>tfw you'll never join a group like this

Bump

what is MC's face supposed to cinvey in bottom panel?

I can't praise this manga enough.
Stupid as fuck but genius in how it makes me laugh out loud like a donkey even though my expectations climb higher for every chapter.
Am I ruined for nip comedy from now on?

Btw it amuses me that the premise is like golden boy author tried his hand at making ah my godess.

Holy shit.

>She

I fucking cracked up when this part came up. Anime when?

I think it already has like 50 chapters or so in Japan and is somewhat popular so it should get an anime next year.

You think they gonna animate it during spring so otaku will have time to prepare for summer diving?

No idea. I'm just saying that most popular manga that get close to 100 chapters end up with an anime. And there hasn't been a proper comedy show like this in a long time so yeah.

>50 chapters
Oh, fuck, I didn't know that. Now I really am hyped for an anime. Hopefully the translators can catch up soon.

I'm in stitches.

The body language is so fucking on point in this manga.

So what's up with this?

They're made for each other.

They're cute together.

This author never fails to make me laugh, both this manga and Baka Test killed my sides.

Showing that they work great together even if they don't notice it themselves.

Also the pantyflip betrayal finished me, made me remember the childish schemes and petty betrayals you had with your broskis during college drinking sessions.

Actually, the latest chapter is ch26.
And ch27 will come out in a few days.

I never had this

Discovering Sup Forums before going to college was a mistake.

chisa's pussy was made for mc's cock

How do I become a normie
t. rising sophomore who goes back tomorrow

>Go to a gym and workout
>Get ripped

Congratulations you're now good looking and can become a normie.

You can take a man out of Sup Forums, but you can't take Sup Forums out of a man.

I've been meaning to get /fit/ anyway.

Drink alcohol with people you know and don't know. You will do, see, say and hear stupid stuff. From this, social bonds will be born however socially inept and ugly you may be.
Ah alcohol, you truly are the greatest of accomodators.

Wait so what did he answer?

Presumably, that he likes the blonde otaku guy.

Otaku bro

Glad you enjoyed the chapter man.

We have up to chapter 11 translated right now and it's going to continue coming weekly. Translating it is quite quick, but editing and typesetting this motherfucker takes ages.

probably the safest answer

Almost forgot to mention that it's highly likely it'll get an anime adaption as well. The same guy who wrote this series did Baka to Test.

Just how many redraws do you do since you insist on SFX?
I probably would have killed myself by now if I had to redraw a 40+ page manga weekly

Not him but the series is a monthly though but catching up to the latest chapter is a pain.

You involved in this?
Big thanks in that case, this manga has brought more smiles to me than a box full of bill murray quoting puppies.

Best girl.

They're pretty much Akihisa and Yuuji

Thanks for the hard work man, Typesetting and redrawing a 40 page manga each week must be hell.

>The same guy who wrote this series did Baka to Test.
The sense of humor and taste for omnipandering is exactly his style, I love it.

Image proof of my admin acct. on our forums.

We do absolutely everything. Trust me when I say our typesetters and editors have it the worst. IMO, it should be translated at least because the sfx in manga can be super important to understanding the situation. I make sure that all of our manga has sfx typesetted and translated though.

My man. Glad to hear you love it as much as we do. Just wait until the next chapter.

I'm the owner and quality checker for the group (it shouldn't be hard to figure out which staff member I am) so I don't typeset or edit it, but our staff is fucking dead after finishing a chapter. We're actually looking for typesetters for this manga too.

I was fucking estatic when I found out that Kenji Inoue wrote this manga. Baka to Test was fucking legendary.

A friendship ordained by the heavens.

What's expected of a typesetter? It looks like its just a good grasp of Photoshop, are there any other requirements? I'd like to do something whit scanlation but I don't really have the best drawing or language skills.

Typesetting is way harder than it looks.
It's also tedious as fuck. There's a reason pretty much every group is looking for typesetters.

>but our staff is fucking dead after finishing a chapter.
I'm a former typesetter, so I know the feeling. Takes a lot of time for a single chapter (around 1h30 to 2h for a 20-page chapter) and, depends on how heavy the script is, a toll on me.

You just have a good grasp of choosing the right fonts and all. Centering and formating can be important too. Not a simple work.

I know plenty of groups split up work, but I've never done a typesetting job where I didn't also have to do some amount of cleaning and redrawing.

Other than Photoshop ability you need a good font library and a good eye for placement.

>see this shitty manga being spammed on Sup Forums
>art looks like shitty yaoi sports manga
>enough already
>reluctantly read first chapter
>sigh I see where this is going
>I didn't see where it was going
>my body wasn't ready
>abstinence force me to read baka to test
>surprisingly my sides were obliterated again
>now I force my friends to read gurren blue
>and shitpost in the threads
>and blog about it
I had previously not lived my life correctly.

Each group has it's own style of typesetting, but it's all sorta similar.

Here's two links to help describe and get you started in typesetting. One's information our group provides to get people started and the other is an old guide about various things.

Depending on the manga, we split up the work. Grand Blue has double the amount of staff to make sure it's neat and on time weekly. We also have a strict font list to use to help take away the stress of "Oh shit what do I use here".

helveticascans.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=5

insidescanlation.com/etc/How-to-edit-manga-with-Photoshop/rawr/editguide/2.html

Forgot to also talk about this. We organize our staff so it's a piece of fucking cake. For each manga we have a translator, sfx translator (it's apparently harder than it looks), cleaner, editor (redrawer), typesetter, proofreader, and quality checker.

>Grand Blue has double the amount of staff to make sure it's neat and on time weekly.
I sure as hell appreciate it. One of my most anticipated series right now.

Stellar fucking work, Helvetica!

Btw, "cake" and cakey, is it referring to the caked on makeup? What is the original expression?

>highly likely it'll get an anime adaption as well.
And yet we're never getting another season of Bakatest, are we?

The original word is ケバ. Actually from ケバい.
And yes, it refers to how loud the makeup is.

Anytime man! I had someone ask the same thing on /r/manga, but explained it pretty well here.

Oh shit, thanks for the work man. If I knew what the fuck to do I would offer help but I don't speak Nihongo and barely know how to use Paint on Windows.

It's pretty easy to learn. If you're really interested definitely give it a go. It just needs some research.

I laught a lot every week thanks to you. Thank you!

How do you test new typesetters?

All applicants go through a process of where we test them depending on their requested position.

You can find the link on our site for applications, but here's a link to it for now.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdfkUhXrJJGdIXUgBixQeH1M2B07s4TZdvufKttGniTKV_aVw/viewform?c=0&w=1

I'm hyping this manga to all my friends, it's incredible.

Thanks for translating this. This is some top tier comedy, every single chapter is funny as hell.

cant wait for the tennis chapter.

Why is Chisa so cute?

Because she's a cute girl

The MC and the Otaku's banter always splits my sides

Author of baka and test?

This series is excellent so far and the translators are currently my favorite people.

I will now excuse myself until the translation is up to date