Original vs remake

Goku Turns Super saiyan comparison(original vs remake)
youtube.com/watch?v=IVrppfTVQfY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ixA3SzX6uUc
bakabt.me/torrent/181035/dragon-ball-scans
youtube.com/watch?v=Nz39GUm12WY
youtube.com/watch?v=2nYozPLpJRE
youtube.com/watch?v=fC4aL7zsp0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no oozaru scream

But at least the new has more vibrant colors.

>links youtube to thread

FUCK OFF KID THIS IS NOT REDDIT FFS

The remake has some superior shots, but for the most part it seems much stiffer than the original.

The anime isn't the original

>FUCK OFF KID THIS IS NOT REDDIT FFS
>implying

Bits of each were better than the other. Goku's overall transformation was better in the "original". Also Frieza's goofy reaction in the remake is shit. Why try and look silly when the older version clearly shows him as shocked and somewhat terrified?

the fighting scene on the remake is great

Now do Future Trunks.

>contemporary yamamuro art
>good
its fucking shit

>using both english and japanese audio
>at the same time

clearly i am not on this guy's level

Regarding this transformation alone:

Original Kikuchi Placement > Super Placement > Kai Placement > Faulconer Placement

Z/Kai animation/art > F animation/art

Z Japanese voice acting > F japanese voice acting > Kai english voice acting > Kai japanese voice acting > Z english voice acting

Oops, forgot Ultimate Tenkaichi's animation.

Original Kikuchi Placement > Super Placement > UT Placement > Kai Placement > Faulconer Placement

Z/Kai animation/art > F animation/art > UT animation/art

Z Japanese voice acting > F japanese voice acting > Kai english voice acting > Kai japanese voice acting > UT english voice acting > UT japanese voice acting > Z english voice acting

Superior movie version of Black saga when?

Why does the new Dragon Ball series look so emotionless while in Z you can exactly see what the characters feel? The new one looks cleaner but old Dragon Ball is more watchable.

A shot for shot remake (not a remaster) would have been better.

i personally think the originals transformation was better but the remake was aesthetically better..much more crisp and vibrant

give me the dub and its good.

Holy fuck, I forgot how hype the first one was.

Jesus christ, that gave me nostalgia chills.

The nailed the look at the end, you gotta give them that

>They removed the shot of SSJ Goku with his back.
That shot is what SOLD the transformation, why cut it out?

Wow, nice nostalgia/weeb faggotry you fucking loser.

(You)

Cool, but why remove the fucking scream?

>tfw kai was just a standard clean up rather then reanimating the whole show like this

feels bad man

Not just a clean up, a censored clean up. They didn't want to do a handful of scenes twice, so they decided to only ship a single product...

>They didn't want to do a handful of scenes twice, so they decided to only ship a single product...

Not sure what you are trying to say here user

kai is a remastered version of the censored animations, not the original animations.
They could have simply remastered the censored scenes twice (censored and non-censored), but they were lazy/cheap and decided to only do the censored versions so they could air it anywhere and not have to care.

I like Faulconer's music more than the original Jap music.

Yes, despite watching DB, DBS, and DBZ:Abridged, and gaining a new appreciation for the Japanese subs and original music, I still think the Faulconer score and English VAs for the original SSJ transformation scene are the best.

After that I don't mind much though. I still don't like the SSJ2 "gohan mind break" music for SSJ2, and I prefer the English "his name was krillin" moment in the Frieza arc. Also, the Faulconer score when Goku starts to power up for Ginyu on namek and it shows you the entire planet and solar system reacting to Goku's legendary power.

Apart from all that shit, I love the "shit's going down" theme from the current DBS arc, and the few moments of the fight they animated in DBS is awesome.

>I still think the Faulconer score and English VAs for the original SSJ transformation scene are the best.
It missed the point of the scene completely.

Elaborate instead of just stating an opinion, because you already know I disagree and that you would need to explain this to me.

Remake focuses way too much on the hair during the actual transformation.

The point of the scene is that Goku is transforming into someone completely unlike himself. He's letting his body being controlled by anger and turning into "The Super Saiyan", the creature that Vegeta described as cold-hearted and Kaio described as fueled by anger, he even said he's not Son Goku anymore. Of course Goku later fights this personality change, but this is all a part of his character development.

The Kikuchi score fits because it's ominous, it's mysterious, creepy at times even. You get the feeling of "What's happening...?". Whilst with the Faulconer score, it gives you the feeling of "Holy shit, this is epic". Which isn't a bad feeling, I think the soundtrack on its own is great, it's epic, it's grandiose. But it's not fitting for that specific moment.

As far as the voice acting goes, that's almost completely subjective. But I will say though, that the Z dub is when Sean was at his greenest moments, compared to a veteran like Nozawa who could perform screams fantastically at this stage and even Sean himself later on in the Kai dub where he performed the scene beautifully as well. The dialogue in the Z dub is also, in my opinion, more childish and doesn't flow as well. Finally, there's the Oozaru roar present in the Japanese version, whilst it's missing from the Z dub.

I hope you understand my viewpoint now.

One of the important aspects of the two scores that doesn't get brought up during debate is the time of release and the audience. In the late 90s would American kids have been as receptive towards cheesy 70s kung fu movie music or rock with electric guitar.

I prefer the Faulconer music because I like the bass and electric guitar over the Japanese. Also I can't not hear the mario 3 castle theme

youtube.com/watch?v=ixA3SzX6uUc

source on that scan?

I understand your viewpoint, and its actually the first time I've had someone explain their Japanese dub preference to me without sperging the fuck out, so I actually really appreciate it. I get why you would dislike the Faulconer score now.

The thing is, despite how much I grow to love the Japanese dub and music, I grew up watching DBZ as a kid, and ran back from school to watch DBZ on cartoon network every day. For these major moments, I can't fully recover from that initial viewing and will probably always regard my first version as the best version.

>tfw being a kid getting fucking insanely hype and running around the room while tensing and screaming and shit as goku turns SSJ to the faulconer score

why using the cropped up murrican version? instead of the original 4:3? fucking murricans

bakabt.me/torrent/181035/dragon-ball-scans

I think some sites like bato.to and kissmanga already have the entire manga uploaded though, but don't quote me on that

Yeah, that's fine. I don't mind that people prefer the English dub over the Japanese one. It's when they call it shit that I get a bit upset. I imagine you and other dub fans are the same when DB elitists call the english dub shit without explaining their reasoning in detail, so that's why I avoid doing so and always try to explain my viewpoint.

I never watched DB as a kid, I started watching it at 14, so I don't have much nostalgia for it.

I've always felt that the "I am" speech change seemed a bit unusual. It's more or less the exact opposite of what the original was supposed to be. It reminds me of how in Revenge of Cooler, Goku was all worried about the nearby wildlife after Cooler's men attacked, it just struck me as a bit out of character.

>As far as the voice acting goes, that's almost completely subjective.
Why does gokoa sound liek a 60 year old woman?
vs
Why does gokoa sound like gokoa?

I can handle that nips have high voices, but don't make it blatantly unbelievable. For fucks sake, kid goku has a deeper voice than japanese goku.

>tfw being a kid getting fucking insanely hype and running around the room while tensing and screaming and shit as goku turns SSJ to the faulconer score
Also, regarding this point, I've felt this twice in my entire life regarding DB, with the SSB Kaioken and Black almost killing Vegeta last episode. I guess that when I started watching DB for the first time, most of the major moments were already spoiled, so I couldn't get the full experience. I'm glad Super is giving me that opportunity.

Yeah, the "I am" speech in the dub is terrible and completely out-of-character. The Kai version is far superior and does justice to the manga. Really glad that Sean Schemmel added the "Son" to "I am Son Goku".

It's quite simple actually. Toriyama chose Goku's voice himself. Nozawa fits kid Goku excellently and they wanted to keep Goku's innocence intact as he grew up, and Nozawa was the perfect representation of his innocence and child-like personality. Also, in the 23rd Budokai when we're seeing Goku grown up for the first time we, as the audience, should recognize him with his voice.

I know the "grandma" voice is a bit off-putting for some people, but Masako Nozawa is a fantastic voice actress. I think it's the fact that most people start with Z that they don't like it. After watching 150 or how many episodes of DB there are, where her voice is completely fitting for kid Goku (and I don't think anyone can argue otherwise), you get completely used to her voice and don't even mind her as adult Goku.

Oh, I had a question about bakabt incidentially.

Can I sign up, then when i'm signed in, use the search function to find what I want, copy the url, then log out, paste the url, and download the torrent without having to worry about my ratio?

Or do they use cookies/your IP to still track you? Is there a way to get arouind their checks if they have them?

I ask because I already have trouble keeping my ratio up on AB just due to my shit internet and not being able to leave my computer on to seed for long periods of time, I really can't keep it up on not one but two trackers.

>hey guys, watch mah Youtube video and subscribe if you like it XD

Get the fuck out.

I definitely like the new art, but they didn't do the best part. Seeing the lightning, and gokus rage as he goes SS

>read thread
>"muh faulconer score"

Keep to your own board Sup Forums, this one is already shitty enough as it is.

Mate I got super hype when goku went SSJB and creamed when chouzetsu dynamic started playing and hit got hit (kek) in his faggot face. it wasn't the best moment in DBZ but at that point in time it felt like they honestly thought DBS might not last past the tournament arc so they decided to try to make that final little bit as epic as they could within their limits.

I happen to think that's also why they introduced so much shit so soon after the tournament arc, in an attempt to keep it going.

I get that viewpoint now that I've seen it. It's kinda like godzilla's score which I like as well, but it probably could have been done a little better.
I think the dub version starts it alright with the synths making the power seem otherworldly, but then the guitars kick in and it just sounds like its trying to be badass.

Best thing about the japanese dub is the change of tone Goku suffers in his voice when he transforms into Super Saiyajin. Nozawa is fucking pro.

A lot of the criticism Nozawa gets is how her voice is always the same, but that's not true. She voices alll of her characters distinctly. Black and Goku for instance sound nothing alike in terms of tone, intonation and pitch.

>Nozawa is fucking pro.
That's not how you spell Schemmel

youtube.com/watch?v=Nz39GUm12WY

Nip woman is legit pleb tier.

All of her screams there were fucking brilliant though.

No memes:
Funimation > speedy > green > nip > ocean

*pic related*
They could have jsut gotten her in to do the screaming and let someone believable do the speaking.
I think her screaming is ok, but definitely not worthy of getting the part.

>Nozawa
>pleb tier

Keep telling yourself that, maybe one day someone will tell you to properly fuck off.

It legit sounds like a comedy parody dub whenever she speaks. Super pleb tier.

She sounds like the farmer from ep1 of the TFS dub.
^ youtube.com/watch?v=2nYozPLpJRE
> 0:25

Why are you replying with that kind of image when... y'know, everything you're saying is just, like, your opinion, man.

Properly fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=fC4aL7zsp0U

>I grew up watching DBZ as a kid, and ran back from school to watch DBZ on cartoon network every day.

So did I. But after exposure to the Jap version there's no way I could go back to that shit.

This is what I love about Nozawa. The change in Goku's voice between his base and SSJ form is such much more noticeable that it's honestly chilling.

Daily reminder that the anime is a shit adaptation no matter what language it's in

>every chink cartoon is based on a comic
wew lad

Remake is better, more faithful to the manga.