Kizumonogatari

Website was updated recently

Does this mean they are only premiering it in one location for the whole country? It looks like it's in LA.

Kizu 2 flopped in Japan.

How bad was it?

Not even 500 mil.

Just saw that notice.

I'm gonna be super pissed if it doesn't see the release part 1 had.

Aniplex can fucking kill themselves

The premiere is exclusive to Akibafest. Everywhere else get it some weeks later.

Already bought my tickets, since it's sponsored by Aniplex themselves, I'm practically guaranteed free shit.

Any reason why? What were the biggest criticisms?

New Shinkai movie. It's fucking huge in Japan.

Kimi no na Wa is pretty much blowing everything the fuck out right now. Kizu being kind of a direct competition seeing as how they're both animation I think it got hit harder, that and people who didn't watch the first are less likely to watch its sequel.

I hope you're right - the wording on the site is terrible.

At the very least, I'm not travelling to the opposite coast to see it no matter how much I'd like to.

5cm per Seconds guy, right? I'm sure it's fantastic, but the timing really sucks for Kizu.

Shinkai movies all flopped in Japan before so it was surprising that this did so well. It had way more marketing than his other films but I don't think anyone expected it to be this huge, Aniplex would've surely delayed Kizu 2 a bit if that was the case. It's already past the 2 billion yen in domestic gross in just 2 weeks.

TheKizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-henanime film opened in Japan last Friday, and earned 196,051,200 yen (about US$1.95 million) and sold 148,200 tickets in its first three days. The filmopenedon 117 screens and ranked #8 at the Japanese box office for Saturday and Sunday only (not counting Friday).

I feel bad for Oishi.

>Aniplex would've surely delayed Kizu 2 a bit if that was the case. It's already past the 2 billion yen in domestic gross in just 2 weeks.

Jesus Christ.

Ticket Bought

>Get to see delicious teenaged Kiss-Shot before anybody else on Sup Forums on the big screen

Feels pretty fucking good.

Think even GuP movie was still making more than Kizu on a per theater basis.

The GuP movie, like the anime, was also something of a surprising hit from what I've heard. It did fantastic.

Monogatari time is over.
No easy money for Shaft anymore.

Bat is always perfect.

But this is the most perfect look for the most perfect girl.

BIG FAT BAT TATS

Well they lagged it on Kizu and then made it into 3 parts..

Maybe Kizu 3 will do better.

>People that just bought the tickets to see Kizu get nothing
>Akibafest holders get all the good shit
Mark my words

so what are you trying to say?

is it doing good or bad?

Just got my ticket.

A bit less than Kizu 1 did relative to the time. I see Kizu 2 grossing around 650-700 million

I read that Shaft was planning on releasing the PV for 3 Gatsu at some Monogatari event in Japan, does anyone here know when that is going to be?

September 22 Madogatari

You're probably right, and it's gonna make my blood boil.

I wanted to get each of the key visual posters/hard boards and eventually frame them together. But now I doubt I'll get it.

I really can't see Aniplex doing something that shitty.

They're usually pretty good with their overseas movie releases

Thanks, the wait's going to be a pain

That and Akibafest officially ends at 6pm, right when the movie starts.

Damn, it seems we're gonna have to wait for more dates.

>tfw missed Kizu I in San Diego cause of school

fug

Girls und Panzer is doing better than Kizu II? fuuuuck

>Shinkai's movie is going to make more in two weeks than all three parts of Kizu combined in total

Crazy

I don't care if it's flop. It's fucking Kizu. Best story about best girl ever.

What's so crazy about that? The monogatari series doesn't have mainstream appeal.

>the anime series to have sold the most physical copies ever in the history of the japanese anime industry doesn't have mainstream appeal

kek

Because historically Shinkai's movies don't do great while Bake is one of the highest selling shows ever.

They really did wait too long to do Kizu it looks like.

Any word on when we'll get the Kizu 1 BD over here yet?

Bake was a long time ago. People have moved on.

Can't wait to see this in Canada on March 2017.

Aniplex better not fuck over the rest of the country. I don't care if I have to wait til November - I want to see this in theaters

My local theater has an entry for it on their website which says it's opening 10/22. Can't buy tickets or anything yet, but it's a good sign. If your theaters have websites, it'll probably be easier to just check those rather than wait for the official site to get updated.

Unless they just cancelled the wide release or something.

Hey retard do you even read? It's the premiere.. you're gonna get your chance to watch it.

Just checked, and I'm happy to see that I was worried for nothing.

Can't wait

Oh shiiieeett, just checked. This is for the Cinema Paradiso theatres in Ft. Lauderdale where they played Kizu 1

meant to add, it's a dead link when you click it though

I should've known to check that and not just assume we were fucked, thanks.

The Manville 12 in Jersey is showing Part 2 now as well, thankfully.

As expected, the theaters who showed Part 1 will almost certainly show Part 2

That's the theater I'm going to, thanks for the info user.

I'll see you there then, user.

It doesn't seem like tickets are purchasable yet, though

Does it say the date, it'd be convenient if I could make plans now.

Seems to be the 22nd, like everyone else

I'll see you there.

Right back at you

Ah sweet, I went to that one too last time.
See you two there.

>checked my local theater that had listing last week
>entry is gone

What did they mean by this?

NJ user meet up at the release, then

I'm the lucky user that won the poster, that lottery was bullshit though.

Thanks for this.

>LA didn't get lottery
>We only got dreams

I forgot to enter. Good for you though, user

Why was the lottery bullshit?

I was expecting a store where I could just buy a poster, not win one through chance.

Too bad Actas still lost money on it

They just handed the posters out at the NYC showing.

I didn't even show up early enough to get the mini-posters ;_;

>September 22
has anyone ever released a PV for a show like three weeks or less before it airs

Yes. It's normal.

Anons met up at my theatre, they all dressed up in Hawaiian shirts and looked about 15. was painful to watch

its is normal, tf are you saying?

We still don't have any PV for Sangatsu though

When are the English blu rays coming out?

That's only the premiere they will have other showings after that

I just checked now thank you so much for this I live in Florida too so this is big save thanks

Not really. Most anime start having animated PVs half a season before at most. Many start having PVs 2 or 3 seasons beforehand.
Shaft will cobble together some scenes from the first episode and throw them into a PV.

There are many high profile shows which never got a real PV until the first episode.

Like?

There is also a weekly pre-anime special on NHK for the 3lion anime - starting today.

So there is also the opportunity for showing stuff.

おさらい読本中級編のインタビューで羽海野さんも作品に欠かせない方ですと語っていた二海堂くん役は岡本信彦さんでした!そんな岡本さんそして河西さん茅野さん花澤さん久野さんのコメントとアニメ映像が見られる3月のライオンのミニ番宣が本日9月3日23:58からNHK総合テレビで放送!

PV incoming

Where the fuck do I find a local showing? Previous theaters that showed Part 1 aren't showing Part 2, at least in the Chicago area.

I'm guess check the theatre that showed part 1 and if it isn't there give it time and it should show later on

Probably the Music Box is what you're checking, right? It'll show up there probably when Aniplex announces the other theatres. I'll see you there, user

Ah, seems the president of Aniplex himself will be there for the premier. A little Q&A after, I'm sure. What sperg question will you guys be asking? And will you be cosplaying? Who's bring the donuts with "cream" filling? Make mines glazed, plz.

I'll be the dude in the trench coat holding a katana

I'll be the guy wearing the Crab/ Kiss-Shot jacket that's too small.

>UK is FINALLY getting Kizu
>and Part II before the US