ITT: Horrible Anime Adaptations

ITT: Horrible Anime Adaptations

Another wasn't really a bad adaptation. The source novel isn't particularly great in the first place.

How was Another bad? It was god damn hillarious. One of the best unintentionally funny anime I have ever seen.

>He doesn't like pies

Killed best girl.
Fuck it

Obligatory.

I highly doubt the LNs are garbage on this level

But it has great cabooses

Yeah, fuck everything about this anime

Berserk 2016

/thread

Rotoscoping did this.

Game was great. But yeah, the anime ruined everything good the game had.

To be fair, the designs on the left are pretty ugly anyway. But the choice to do rotoscoping for the anime still makes zero sense.

This and Gantz, but at least that was enjoyable to watch sometimes.

What happens when they cry?

got better by the end

They could have at least used some shading.

>Stupid love triangle
>made Alicia a tsundere bitch
>VYSE DIED

Fuck that anime.

This movie is bad in every possible way. Its an insult to the original silent film. Its an insult to Tezuka's manga. Its an insult as a stand alone story. Even the animation is horrible at parts because of excessive use of early CG and rotoscoping.

I honestly don't know why people ever liked it.

The voices were better in the manga

Atleast the second season gave a great ED.

Can you explain? I only seen it once but I thought it was fine.

The original Metropolis movie had multiple themes and sub plots that came together to a cohesive, albeit symbolic, ending.

This movie was literally a temper tantrum from an adopted son who went around killing robots to spite his adopted father. Then, learning his father cares more about an android more than him, he tries to kill her. The very basis of the movie is taking only one of the half dozen plots in the original movie and focusing on it. But that single plot element is completely butchered from the movie to the point that it has no meaning. On top of all this, you have a dozen characters who have no purpose in the plot other than to give an excuse for the overlooked adpoted son to get mad or have a roadblock to his goal. Including the android girl who is the focus of the movie. In short, the main characters in the movie are pointless and the antagonist, such as he is, ends up being the whole driving force of the movie. But his motives and results are so underwhelming that you don't even care.

No one is left alive.

Surprised this wasn't posted yet.

Well, I don't know the original source of this series, but the anime did a great job with the atmosphere and pacing, whoever was the director could do a really good horror series if only had a better script to work with.

>ctrl f
>Yumekui Merry not found
I'm disappointed you forgot about vagina bones and Invisible Trumpet, Sup Forums

Good taste.

The source isn't even that good, but Rave is a really shitty adaptation.

Porkslope Turkeyhandle

Yeah, but it's pretty, so I don't care about your pseudo-intellectual rambling.

Soundtrack was tight, though.

>billion-yen movie
>horrible adaptation

That's the answer I would expect.

Never forget the kek

How the fuck were you even supposed to adapt this?
They should've just taken a look at the source material and realized that it's impossible to adapt the twist in an anime.

>the twist
Spoil me.

Another was so shitty. I can't understand why people love it.

Are you familiar with the story?
The "other" is the main character's aunt, who happens to also be a teaching assistant at the school. MC refers to her by first name at home and last name at school. The novel plays around this by never mentioning the aunt's full name so you're led to believe they were two separate characters from the start.
It's not brilliant, but I thought it was pretty clever. The novel is pretty popular in japan too, so evidently it was done well in japanese.
That shit kind of falls apart when you can actually see the characters.

It's basically akin to a b horror movie which I'm a sucker for. Most just like for the "it's so bad it's good" reason. And pies.

a lot of anime adaptions of manga over the past few years have been bad

anime looks way better. I hope they make the rest of it, would watch it even if they didn't make it an anime.

Tales of
Bayonetta
Devil May Cry