The US river shipping system is falling apart

The system depends on 240 locks, many of which are aging or require increasingly-lengthy shutdowns to repair. When a lock shuts down on a major river, it brings river traffic to a halt. The Ohio River in particular is being choked to death by constant lock closures, meaning that more and more river traffic is shifting to rail and trucks, even though it is more expensive and much less efficient. Major repairs on two of the locks are not scheduled to finish until the mid-2020's.

Trump should grab this issue by the balls and do an infrastructure bill specifically dealing with the rivers. Replace aging locks; expand narrow locks; dredge more rivers to handle bigger ships, and make the country an inland water empire again. It's a popular issue, but politicians usually ignore it.

Other urls found in this thread:

rita.dot.gov/bts/sites/rita.dot.gov.bts/files/publications/transportation_statistics_annual_report/2012/chapter3.html
youtube.com/watch?v=w-BKuQ_HJys
static.iq-research.info/20150809/img/iq_by_country.png
youtube.com/watch?v=6oYz6E1q158
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All of those rivers run through rural retard land. Fuck em.

No infrastructure bill will ever be written that will actually fix the infrastructure of the US. It is too much money, end even with a stacked republican congress, that shit ain't getting passed.

If Trump became a dictator, then that's another thing though

burgers still believe a ny billionaire cares about rural americans

Should just remove all the dams and locks from the rivers and let them return to their natural estuary configuration. That will make the transition into post-industrial collapse easier.

And this is ultimately why the Chinese will win. Right now, we as a whole may have better infrastructure and industry practices... however, we are falling apart and nothing is being done or can be done for a myriad of reasons.

China on the other hand is slowly addressing it's myriad of problems (problems which are typical of developing economies) and overcoming them. They have the long game in mind as they slowly but surely develop.

I actually can't argue with that.

US infrastructure is fucking crumbling, no news there.
If only it were possible to maintain economic growth without pumping it solely into defence...
Public works? Nah.

Our trains are shit, our roads are shit, our energy grid is shit, everything outdated and falling apart because we'd rather spend money on illegals and niggers.

This is what it boils down to. It doesn't help that our congress can't pass anything except medal of honor nominations, either

No one cares. It doesn't matter. The US isn't a country anymore. We're the NFL blown up into a country.

what makes things even more pathetic is thanks to the USAs ruling class shipping all the factory's to China they are actually becoming more developed then the us at this point .

wouldn't these towers look nice in LA Atlanta or NY

They would look beautiful anywhere in the US, but unfortunately we were sold out. I don't see a change coming, unless someone VERY exceptional, more than any other leader in our history, can somehow completely change this country.

It's get much worse before it gets better, if it gets better at all.

trains are cheaper, and faster.

nice picture not showing the same angle you leaf fuck

We can't actually do this because of Asian flying carp. We need some sort of weaponized virus to kill these fuckers off.

He was coming of age when the Democrats and their pets drove Whites out of the City with their savagery. He's seen firsthand what a "multikulti" paradise means for Yanks

Public works in the US don't work anymore.

We're approaching the 8th anniversary of that time the President signed a $831 billion infrastructure bill that resulted in exactly zero infrastructure being built or repaired.

For real, the American Recovery Act cost twice as much (inflation adjusted) as the original Interstate Highway system did in the first place, and what the fuck did it actually do?

NASA's budget right now is $18.4 billion. Adjusted for inflation, the budget was $18.5 to $19.4 billion during each of the years there was a moon landing.

Obviously not, since CA has been working on its grand railroad since 1996, has spent approximately $14 billion already and has hardly laid down a single rail - although they estimate they can totally get this project done by the year 2029 if given another $50 to $70 billion.

rita.dot.gov/bts/sites/rita.dot.gov.bts/files/publications/transportation_statistics_annual_report/2012/chapter3.html
4.7% of total tonage annually
1.7% of total value annually
Yeah...who fucking cares?

>We need some sort of weaponized virus to kill these fuckers off.
Don't they all have fish herpes?

An infrastructure bill would boost our economy, more shekels for me and you AND the added possibility of accelerating us towards financial collapse

I say lets do it, how can we get Trump to do it, petition?

An interstate commerce infrastructure issue. This should be the federal government's responsibility for upkeep.

It's never going to get fixed because the entire Republican business model is screeching hysterically about all the problems and never, ever fixing them at a structural level so they have problems to campaign on the next time around.

>that resulted in exactly zero infrastructure being built or repaired.
For one, that was a stimulus bill that included partial allocation of the funds to infrastructure, not the whole package.
For two, it has resulted in infrastructure being built and repaired, the crews in my area have been using it to repair and maintain our roads, and the quality has gotten considerably better.
For three, the actual repair and building is generally handled through the state, usually through the state transport authority.
For four, you are a fucking retard and should stop opining about things you know absolutely jack shit about.
>as the original Interstate Highway system did in the first place
Again, not all the money was for infrastructure, and again, it is largely up to the state how to spend the funds, and not all the funds are spent at once, some goes into holding for future projects.

>All of those rivers run through rural retard land. Fuck em.

youre too libtarded to realise that your food comes from white farmers

If you fuck with white farmers, youd be hunting pigeons as a main source of food with boomerangs made from dildos and pigeon traps made from gender studies books

We already have our best working on it (pic abso-fucking-lutely related). See video for more details: youtube.com/watch?v=w-BKuQ_HJys

Even if he wanted to do it, the amount of money it would take would never get passed. I did my graduating paper on the state of the infrastructure and to do a complete overhaul would be trillions of dollars, and that's a kind estimate. The money needed would only be able to be raised through executive power and an economic and political genius

>White farmers.
>"""""""""WHITE""""""""
Absolute state of White people..

The Federal Reserve can issue 0% interest infrastructure loans. The President can nationalize the Federal Reserve to compel them to do that if need be under the War Powers Act.

in Negroe infested Africa they have starvation

In white America there is farmland

I guess we ARE better off

BWHAHAHAHAHAH

BREATHES

BWHAHAHAHHA

And where does the Trillions of dollars come from? Borrowing more debt? Sure it would be at 0% interest, but it's still a fuckload of money

damn, checked.

All that area does is send food to africa, so fuck them.

>war powers act
reminds me of the may bill, or the preparedness for war act, thank God that bill failed back in the 30s

If you believe white people are genetically superior, then you should then logically believe that white people should be doing mentally challenging tasks instead of farming.
Also,
>Climate is due to culture or race.
K

Same place the Federal Reserve gets all its money: out of thin air. The idea here is to do something a bit like Weimar, and to structure the loans so that they get paid back in concert with subsequent economic growth so it doesn't lead to long-term inflation.

Of course we're talking about politicians and bankers here, so that won't ever work short of Hitler 2.0.

RIP Dugan. He was too good for this shitheap world anyway.

Likewise

>If you believe white people are genetically superior,

static.iq-research.info/20150809/img/iq_by_country.png

are you that nigger who says trades and blue collar work in general should be done by Mexicans and other nonwhites as well?

>dude just have massive inflation
Infrastructure doesn't really "make money" until years after

the only way to get the supplies you need without ruining your economy is to seize them, or have the US army corps of engineers start doing something for once

because *that's* the point

Naw. I'll just sit on my ass and keep draining in money from my farms.

did he die? Saw that his insta went down.

We have all the free labor we need sitting idle in our prisons. Niggers would never let us hear the end of it about how their people rebuilt this country.

Environmentalists used to support river transport because it was a lot cleaner than other methods. Look at all the large cities that can be reached by river in the US - and yet, due to lack of investment, many of them are under-performing in terms of port facilities. There's no reason that Kansas City and Omaha SHOULDN'T be major ports, except that Missouri River shipping hasn't been a priority for decades.

>that reply
>that image
>those digits

The idea is that the loans get paid back rather than become permanent additions to the amount of money in circulation (unlike the current system where the loans mathematically can never be paid back). And the infrastructure itself doesn't repay the loans; rather putting people to work does, and the infrastructure's true return comes in the form of knock-off effects that spur further economic and technological progress.

Like I said, something you can almost always expect the Jews to stop you from doing, because it goes against their plans for total destruction of the human species.

He has MS. I don't think he's dead yet but that was why he stopped doing videos.

Don't forget that all navigable waterways in the US are owned by the UN anyway. It's all about Agenda 2030.

He doesn't have to but when billionaires need their shit shipped and lock closures mean they have to spend more to transport other ways, then they may care.

Let's be real, the current model of farming on huge plots of land using excessive ground water is completely outdated for a great many crops. But the huge corporate farming interests all have a good thing going with their kickbacks, subsidies, and illegal workers so it keeps going.

There you go, chain-gangs to do all the grunt work. We can call in the military to help mitigate the costs, but the amount of work is so large we would need to hire private companies

That type of Keynesian economics never work on this scale. So you're saying that the money we pay the workers to do will then repay back the loans because they spend it? I had thought about this a lot and there will be more consumer spending, but there will still be massive debt that will be accumulated. In 20 years, sure it could get paid off, but people like instant gratification

What debt? Just do what the Germans did. Nationalize the bank and issue the money interest free to pay for the project.

Heard about the MS - fucking blows. his shit was bar none the funniest gun channel on youtube.

Trains are NOT cheaper. Rivers are by far the most cost-effective way to ship bulk goods. And speaking of China, they have put massive investment into their own national river system, which now handles an immense quantity of cargo, allowing for the placement of factories deeper inland (rather than just along the Chinese coasts).

It's not quite Keynesianism. It's just what you do if you intend to temporarily artificially increase production toward something of national value as a way to try to jump-start a moribund economy.

Other options include stagflation, deflationary collapse, hyperinfationary collapse, hostile takeover by foreign power, world war spending, transition to world government, etc.

The best thing they could do is go and sabotage every single lock. Ruin the gears. Fuck everything up.

Cause know what? Then they'd get the money to rebuild them.

That's how it works in the USA. Remember when that bridge needed to be replaced? But they never got around to it, until it fucking collapsed and killed a bunch of people, and then they replaced it super fast?

No one is going to allocate money for something if it's still mostly working. But if it breaks completely, then they will.

>Nationalize the banks
Do you know what that actually entails? Do you know the process behind "nationalizing" the banks?

If we went into a world war, we could do what FDR did and basically take over the country. That might actually work, as we could demand very low prices for infrastructure material

Fuck, what have we turned into?

This is powerful faggotry masquerading as policy critique. I suggest you never contribute to this board again.

>Should just remove all the dams and locks from the rivers and let them return to their natural estuary configuration.

This would flood much of the densely populated areas around the rivers.

Can already do that under the War Powers Act. But I don't think we're at such a crisis at this point that we need to resort to a command and control economy. Nationalism should be sufficient.

Of course that means gassing the kikes, which is why they'll start a world war over it anyway.

>nationalism
We would need some extreme nationalism, and a much better leader than trump. I'm not attacking him, we would just need a Jackson or another Washington.

>Do you know what that actually entails? Do you know the process behind "nationalizing" the banks?
Yes. We kill the jews.

The establishment is based around being the party of dissent but never actually having to do anything of value. People have realized that in the last half year.

This is a ridiculous comparison.

Whether shipped by rail or barge it still ends up on a tractor trailer.

Also the rivers even if they worked well are only in certain areas. Much more trains.

Well that seems to be the consensus in the thread right now

What is the final solution to the (((Zebra Mussel))) question?
t. Great Lakes

You're probably right, although the game ain't over yet, and there's still room to hope Trump's business acumen will have a chance to shine before the lights go out entirely.

I find it hard to believe floating down a river is more efficient than using trucks or trains. May be cheaper, but not more efficient.

>moving more material at the same speeds while using far less energy
What's inefficient about it?

>current model of farming on huge plots of land using excessive ground water is completely outdated

You know those commercials on TV that show starving negroe children and ask you to send 37 cents a day to keep them alive?

Well we have farming in USA and negroes in africa are eating files that eat negroes in africa

Yes our model of farming is corporate, but we have fucking food

if we are so outdated then why da fuq im asked to send 37 cents a day to negroes every time I turn on BET?

user you do realize shipping is literally the cheapest way to move stuff around the world?

With the changing demographics? Like I said earlier, we would need someone unheard of who has been planning for years and can get rid of everyone that would oppose him. I mean I guess Trump can still do this, but he must be playing the long con because I doubt he is gonna win re election

The part were they're not a straight line from one point to another.

Yea - on the ocean.

I want to see faster demographic mitigation action. That's even higher priority than infrastructure imo. Trump's prospects will depend a lot on how much he is able to deliver on his campaign promises. For the time being, I'm much more interested in using the political volatility to try to shake up Congress in 2018.

>The part were they're not a straight line from one point to another.
So? Trains, airplanes, and trucks don't move in straight lines from Point A to Point B, and they do so while having a vastly smaller cargo to fuel ratio.

The republican controlled congress is much more interested in blocking the border wall and DACA amnesty.

Never forget that republicucks are just as bad as democrats.

checked

Cause when most that shit was made tax rate was 60-90% percent you faggot.

Ummm, most of those things do travel in straight lines though. Roads maybe not so much, but much more than a river.

You mean the income tax?

>Ummm, most of those things do travel in straight lines though. Roads maybe not so much, but much more than a river.
Trains don't travel in straight lines, they need to follow the geography of the area their tracks move through. Trucks certainly don't, and neither do airplanes because they have to follow specific sky maps.

All you're doing is making my point for me. It's working for you and you are making money, so everyone needs to keep paying up because hey, Africa is worse. We're White, at least we were. I guess you guys have nigged and spicced up the country enough where Africa is the level we can compare ourselves to.

youtube.com/watch?v=6oYz6E1q158

Most of congress are cucks, as they want to keep DACA. Trump doesn't really want to keep DACA, that's why he gave it to congress because he knows they can't fix it and it means DACA is finished. Once like 15 million are out, the demographics start looking really good for Trump. He has like 3 years left though

So?

nooooo

Agreed. And it's great that most of the media can't point out the obvious and has to constantly invent the most ridiculous explanations for everything to keep people from noticing.

At least there’s green in the first picture

>2017
>not using tube technology

Digits confirm this user is speaking the truth and that Trump actually cares about rural Americans and flyover states

Well we better hope for a great awakening, one that will jar the whole world into action. However, I can't even fathom what would be needed

>if we are so outdated then why da fuq im asked to send 37 cents a day to negroes every time I turn on BET?

Because shitliberals only recognize situations in hysterical moral terms. But here's the problem. I'm mister black farmer. I actually want to work my land and get money in return so I can buy shit. But these fucking white niggers are giving your local niggers free food. You can't compete with free.

This is why charity towards Africa is such a fucking farce. Because most of the donations end up as political chess pieces as nigger dictator decides how much and to whom he allocates that much.

Shitliberals literally exacerbate African poverty with their masturbatory moral bullshit,

>Greatest infrastructure of USA was built at the same time Americans had great wage and prosperity increases.

>Also the time of highest tax rates.

What we're doing and seeing on Sup Forums is an important part of it. I didn't really believe such things when I was learning the ropes years back, but 3-4 years putting in to action what I'd learned changed my mind on where we are on getting to some workable level of awakening.

Again, are we talking about the income tax rate?

kek correlation does not equal causation in this situation.

I guess I see where you're at. I mean Sean Hannity has definitely been to Sup Forums before, and there are a few others, but I feel as if a smoking gun or some colossal change is needed. This slow burn might not do it for us

Most of that shit was when America was the remaining intact super industrial complex in the world. Most of that shit was when meth was legal and used by millions of upper-middle class and of the white collar professionals.

It's a hell of a combination but the downer was a killer.