Did everyone drop this show?

Did everyone drop this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s_r2YeIH7BU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I use this show as a form of mental abuse in order to punish myself for liking little girls so no

Yes.

Thead's over already

If you've read the novel, why watch this in the first place?

Because it has original route which isn't in the VN faglord

I have never read the VN and am unironically enjoying the show. There is a bit of QUALITY sometimes though.

Yeah, I killed your shitty waifu. What are you gonna do about it, faggot?

I dropped after he decided to not fondle!

What did you call me?

What a fucking fag, what's the point of all that prep just for bailing out at last sec

spooky

I wanted to like it, but now I can't justify it at all. I think the problem with it is it fucks up the tone. After the leaf dragon shows up in the VN it stops having skits and jokes like those in the common route, whereas that's obviously not the case in the anime. This (lack of) shift in tone coupled with showing us a bunch of stuff that just ruins certain characters (like spinning whatshisname, the guardian operative from tennouji's past, as an incompetent goofball in a couple scenes or hell any of the guardian scenes really) makes it really just unbearably shitty. If this was a cut route from the VN I could absolutely see why, it would have easily have been worse than any of the other routes. Kagari is pretty cute, but also one-note (not that she had much depth in the VN, but at least she wasn't at the centre of attention there) and contrived to act out of character.

It's not even good as fanservice because so far everything it's done has been just outright worse than the VN in every way. Somehow even the visuals are worse.

> After the leaf dragon shows up in the VN it stops having skits and jokes like those in the common route, whereas that's obviously not the case in the anime.
That's not true though. The heroine routes all had their share of SOL and comedy, even darker routes like Akane's and Lucia's.

Was in the process of typing out a long winded reply then this jerk beat me to it. He speaks the truth.

I gave up on this show early when they pulled the "let's combine all the routes for a big EPIC route xd" with the shit from Shizuru's and Lucia's routes.

But they're not doing that at all, those were still part of the common route.

Perhaps I worded that too strongly. I didn't mean that they completely abandoned jokes and comedy, I meant that they stopped being the main deal. The tone was heavily skewed into more serious feelings moreso than lighthearted comedy, the total inverse of the common route which was mostly comedy with more serious scenes interspersed. In the anime the ratio didn't change much, where it really should have.

>Perhaps I worded that too strongly.

What you describe isn't really 8-bit's fault so much as a limitation of the medium. Anime always has to cram stuff together and what felt like serious routes with a little bit of comedy mixed in is now a series of 20 minute snippets that all feel rushed and disjointed in comparison. Written mediums, VN's, manga, and yes, even LN's will always come out ahead of anime when trying to tell a story.

Plus the comedy scenes mostly revolve around Kagari, and serve to endear her to the audience which has been pretty successful judging by her reception so far. If Lucia is really dead we might see that shift in tone for the last three episodes.

No.

Imamiya is an incompetent goofball though.

if Lucia dead we riot

Maybe if you think about it, but that's not how he came across in the VN. Not to me, anyway.

Chihaya is going to save Lucia.

Imamiya is really no one special. The only times he comes off as competent and ruthless is to make him more intimidating when Kotarou's at his weakest. He's actually fairly weak and unremarkable as a hunter.

I know that. I liked that he was pretty much ambiguous as to who he was and how he related to things until Terra. The way they show him running around and screwing up a bunch in the anime kind of ruins any of the mistique he had in the VN. He's never really shown messing around until the anime, even if he is a goof we never really know that.

We find out he's a goofball in Terra, he's just a cryptic douchebag until then, barely a character. I think the contrast of his normal goofball civilian personality with his ruthless Guardian persona will work even better if they still show Imamiya fatally wounding Chibi-Moth and nearly slitting Kotarou's throat, especially if Nishikujou is with him in that scene too.

>cryptic douchebag until then, barely a character
Yeah, like Kagari. I liked them both better that way.

Problem is they skipped through the common route so fast they barely had any character interaction. Feels like they've only known another for two days.
The anime desperately needed two seasons, of which the first would be just the common route with quests and generally fooling around. Instead we got this mess.

Well, at the very least we got REWRITE OF THE LIFE this episode, even if only instrumental.

I died inside as it started playing, knowing that the last hope of saving the series ended with that song

>REWRITE OF THE LIFE started playing during Oppai scene
This is true art that transcends space and time. People will speak about this in the eons to come.

>Killed Lucia
fuck this shit

and nothing of value was lost

/SHIZURU/

What? Seriously? Don't joke with me on this.

I went in blind to this expecting a clannad/kanon theme(cute girls, romance, a little paranormal ghost girl shit etc)

But I literally have no fucking clue what's going on, even with subs I still have absolutely no fucking idea who is who, what they're doing, their names or anything.

she was stabbed and thrown in a crevice
Considering her powers she could be alright
Considering the shitty writing she's probably dead
Also Akane has a death flag big as a whale on her head
it's the same for everyone who hanst played the novel. You can try it for yourself is good and it got an english patch. Or you can wait until the next version is also released in english so you can enjoy the shitty route they're showing right now in the anime

P-pics?

watch it for yourself , i'm not going to download the whole episode just for a few pictures

>so you can enjoy the shitty route they're showing right now in the anime
No. Rewrite+ doesn't have any "new" route.

I had assumed you'd already downloaded it and watched it seeing as you knew what happened. I'll try and find it.

Do you even watch this shit, nigger?

Nah, haven't watched any yet knowing it would be hot garbage.

Maybe if they stopped looking like fishes, for fuck sake why won't they get good character designers.

>it's the same for everyone who hanst played the novel.

So it's a case of them trying to ram an entire novel in to 12 episodes?

dropped

>Worst girl dead
And nothing of value was lost

Seems like someone has an extreme case of Shit taste
Sadly no cure has yet been discovered , you will have to deal with it on your own user

If any Luciafags come back into the thread, what justification do you feel exists for liking Lucia?

Would the adaptation lose anything if Chihaya was cut? She might as well be scenery at this point

it would lose Sakuya , since we cant give this kind of power to Akane or it would fuck the plot

She's a lovely girl who was isolated because of a trauma and dislikes both herself and hurting others.
Also her route was sweet as hell

Sakuya and Chihaya aren't even a package deal in the anime, he's spent like 3 scenes with her and they haven't even bothered to establish their relationship, with only 3 episodes left now

Sakuya has made it clear that he only exist to defend chiaya , even in the scene from today episode.

>worst boy dies killing worst girl
I have zero issues with this episode

Not even when Kotarou turned down the titty grab?

>youtube.com/watch?v=s_r2YeIH7BU has been muted by YouTube

if you check right now a ton of rewrite stuff has been muted. Youtube bots must be having a blast

We didn't even get to [x] lick her plate yet

Virtually everything by Key seems to have been muted or removed.

Why are these pics, official posters from Nyantype and Megami, flagged for deletion on danbooru? These are same hi-res pics as on yande.re

Unless you're a girl or this is an echii show, guys fondling a girl is taboo because Japan fucking sucks.

>yfw romeo kills shizuru next

Leave it to Akane to save this episode

Even she was disappointed

Moon next episode?

To me, it looks like they are merging all the routes PLUS moon into single one. I'm expecting girls dying one by one till everyone is dead.

And then Terra for S2

>S2
This meme needs to end, it upsets me every time I read it

They did it with Grisaia. So I wouldn't discount the possibility.

>Ansai-san never got to be animated despite being an influence in Kotarou's life

If nothing else the anime has been great for more Akane. But these past few episodes have been good for the most part.

That and some japs have hope for an S2 which wpuld obviously be Moon and Terra.

Is there a VN MC more based than Kotarou?

Yuuji

forgot my pic

>we will never have a story with Yoshino as the MC

Riki

Very few animeonlies are still watching. It's rushed garbage with ugly visuals and terribly directed action.

Wasn't Grisaia already planned to have S2 from the start?

komari is mind broken.
Rape?
Help?

________No

So are some people aware of the age difference and just ignore it, or did they all forget?

I don't think they're even going to touch that in the anime

It doesn't come up even in the main routes in the VN. I was wondering is all.

only makes it better desu

ok let's try that again
only makes it better desu

No need to be aware of someone's happiness.

A shame, I'd love to see what the animeonlyfags would make of it

>post-terra kotarou is still infatuated with kotori

I think what we really take away from Kotarou is he will fuck anyone and everyone with a vagina, probably even the Afghan girl

Did Kashima really love Suzaki?
She does kickstart Salvation ten years early if he dies.

>he didn't fondle them
Is he homosexual after all?

Yes and no, she's mostly just fucking insane because that's how saints work, Sazuki was the only thing keeping her tethered

Possibly.

Why did the word "homo" trigger him so much?

He wants the Big Familiar Cock