Is this the best the isekai genre has to offer?

Is this the best the isekai genre has to offer?

Why does Re:Zero have an anime adaption and not this cute spider?

Other urls found in this thread:

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Unimind
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Reversed_Vocifery
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Fatal_Countenance
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Angel_Creation
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omniverse_Embodiment
youtube.com/watch?v=zFuMpYTyRjw
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Frozen_Surface
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Skeleton_Physiology
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Augmented_Reality_Vision
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Temporary_Invincibility
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Artificial_Soul
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Life-Force_Ball_Projection
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Dimensional_Exchange
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Amusement_Inhibition
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Layered_Durability
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Portal_Physiology
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Hand
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Magically_Enhanced_Physiology
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Mortality
youtu.be/mj-v6zCnEaw
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Water_Attacks
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Physical_Nonexistence
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Manipulation
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Hypercognition
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie_Lord_Physiology
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Identity_Dominance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it has only ten chapters out.

>isekai
>genre

It can't move as many merchs as Rem can.

>get teleported to fantasy world
>steamroll with op broken powers

Theres no conflict, only a blatant power fantasy manga. Maybe not all different world manga does this but too many do. Also, the ones that dont, usually are edgy as fuck

>female protagonist in a genre exclusively paired with the harem genre
kek

The web novel got picked up again right? Is it worth continuing? Slutpire arc was pretty boring

spiders can't be cute

I'd say it is. Slutpire was boring solo, but she and Oni play off each other well enough.

Mondaiji already had an anime though.

Are you retarded? Manga's not the original source.

>implying Ariel isn't marketable as fuck
Lolibaba spider girl maou, I mean come on.

The author re-writing LN story.

Maybe one day Blastron will pick the WN translations up again, Turbo is completely undreadable.

This. It's just a poor plot device for fantasy stories. If they should adapt some fantasy anime, it should be Helck, not some generic isekai.

Turbo is not that bad

At least Turbo doesn't try to "localize" the dialogue fuck Blastron for removing nai wa~

>(you)
Nice bait , next time try something better.
Dungeon defense is quite good too. Wonder if it will ever get any manhwa or animation.

I wonder if there's a dishwasher reincarnation novel, i would probably read it out of irony considering i finished through a few days worth of dishes.

Is this the most overrated isekai on Sup Forums right now?
Logic like "The protagonist is a girl, therefore it's great" is incredibly shallow and a double standard when it still subscribes to the ridiculous powering up that plagues this crap complete by making the character a friendless, loner beauty. It's starts going sour when the character takes a nose dive once she maxes "Taboo".
The novelty of her being a spider wears itself thin and is practically nonexistent at all in the halfway mark and the focus starts shifting towards other characters and their conflicts way too often and she just keeps getting more and more ridiculous power ups and getting overshadowed spotlight wise by "Maou-in-charge" and even the damn vampire simply because MC barely acts legitimately quirky and upbeat anymore. "muh alcohol" and "muh food" starts getting annoying pretty quick and when she isn't drinking she's acting demure.
The only fun part about this is reading about the hero and his genderbent faggot best friend as shit just keeps getting worse through laughably poor villains and stupid bullshit. The setting itself isn't all that interesting when the characters inhabiting it are overpowered to steamroll anything short of a experienced god.
This is just a better Re:monster, but even then that's not much of a complement.
There's a vending machine one.

Mushoku Tensei.

Wouldn't setting a fire in a cave burn all the oxygen?

It is a giant maze.

Still, there is no ventilation, all the Oxygen around will burn and the smoke and CO² will concentrate nearby.

At least on Mushoku Tensei, they explained that using fire magic on labyrinths was dangerous because of that.

No.

The celing is a few hundred meters high.

That doesn't help if you're not that high, because CO2 concentrates on the bottom.

They're on the top floor of the labyrinth.

It's sad to hear that the LN writing goes to shit later on. I hoped the story would keep being about how brutal the world is, regardless of whether you are in a fantasy or real world.

>OP powers
>Is the weakest of the species surviving by beating difficult enemies that turn out to be low level dungeon fodder
>SteamRoll
Is near death several times and levelling up is the only thing that saves her
>No conflict
Have you even read this user

Human brain is a cheat-like power on itself.

The writing doesn't go to shit, it just changes gears.

The MC becomes retardedly overpowered but stops fighting the moment she does. At the very least it's better than other Narou-type novels about overpowered MCs that continue to wank the MC's powerlevel despite nothing conceivably being able to challenge them anymore.

pick your power here:
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

Now, you died by a truck and transported to a small village on a generic harem medieval fantasy Isekai with that power and memories of past life.

How fucked you are?

"Youve thought incorrectly"
Care to refute my points instead of spouting psuedo-intellectual bullshit, my silly friend?

Are we really doing this? I got damage reflection, so I'm pretty well off.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Unimind
gg I guess?
I dont know if this includes control or whether its just awareness

She's the only spider of her herd that managed to lvl up to the labyrinth boss. Because she's not a spider.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Reversed_Vocifery
I guess I won?
I'll just say that I can die and that I don't have a harem

>Temporal Bypassing
This is possibly the most useless power ever without the associated related abilities.

The only good power is immortality or continious reincarnation with your memory intact.
t: 40 lvl Hikki-kun.

>Because she's not a spider.
user...

What? She's a chimera.

>A spider with human capabilities capable of using that intelligence to use her abilities to defeat a stronger opponent.
Well golly gee aint that the definition of broken! If you are fundamentally weaker than something but you manage to beat it through strategy thats OP!

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Fatal_Countenance
pretty good it seems

What you say happens in the early part which I personally find to be the peak of this, because indeed there are actual stakes and Kumoko genuinely struggles with staying alive and makes it not by overpowering perse but by exploiting her innate abilities as best she can. Once she maxes out taboo and starts hunting in earnest it stops being about survival and dragons start being the only immediate threat and then not even then not even her previous upbeat outlook can redeem her.
Also I need to point out
>Is the weakest of the species surviving by beating difficult enemies that turn out to be low level dungeon fodder.
The spiders are actually one of the most dangerous in the upper level, also has incredibly strong poison by comparison and normally are controlled by the Queen which itself is a large boon if you manage to survive past the cannibalism.
She was also born with a speed stat skill that buffs it by like 100 each level and that put her ahead in terms of survival and the monsters in the dungeon are actually quite strong in comparison with the outside, not counting dragon types she could solo most threats after her first evolution when an adventurer in a world where there's a religion based around grinding and are like level 30 struggle in the upper floors and need to from parties.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Angel_Creation
I win.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omniverse_Embodiment
Being that op would be pretty boring

youtube.com/watch?v=zFuMpYTyRjw

When does she max out taboo? Last I read was when she was making the silk fortress against the buges. Does it get worse from there?

>When does she max out taboo? Last I read was when she was making the silk fortress against the buges. Does it get worse from there?
Oh boy, you're a long, long way from there.

>powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Frozen_Surface
Guess it's time to rev up those puns, it will be a ICE distraction while I'm still an infant.

I thought 10-02 was the most recent translated release?

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Skeleton_Physiology

i'll just hide in a cave\dungeon and become skeleton NEET.

It's AN ICE distraction, goddammit.

>long way from there
Not really, considering the size of chapters, and before that point you can also see just how OP she's becoming.

The manga ain't the original source, bub.

Imagine you have a superpower, e.g. ability to build tunnels by ordering earth to spread away.
Would you rather be a supervillain (a Moleman) that uses his power to rob banks? Or would you become a chief of Mole Industries LMT that uses his power to construct city tunnels, and swim in wealth? Would you use your power of lightning creation to genereate and sell electricity?

>powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Augmented_Reality_Vision
So I get a HUD? I want a fucking refund.

Mushoku Tensei is better but I really like Kumoko too.

At least your vision's augmented Denton.

>memory vampirism

Aaw yiss.

So far she has the best personality out of all isekai-dwellers, that's why this novel is somewhat popular.

>powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Temporary_Invincibility

Oh baby.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Artificial_Soul
This is not even a power. What idiot added this?

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Life-Force_Ball_Projection
Not bad, the power to blow shit up with energy balls..

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Dimensional_Exchange

>transport back home

kek

You can take gadgets from our world to the fantasy world and sell them for piles of gold. Best power.

>powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Amusement_Inhibition
I hope none of you fucks like fun.

You can ship goods around our globe and become rich just as fine.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Layered_Durability Guess I'm pretty hard to kill at least.

It's honestly pretty good but it has some glaring flaws.

Having continous power up gets boring after a bit.
The silly alcohol parts also get boring.

The author should reduce those parts and focus on the interesting bits (a weaker but smart villain, impending doom not caused by an entity you can beat up but by natural processes, etc..).

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Portal_Physiology
How is that different from portal creation?

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Hand
I'll be lucky if the village doesn't burn me at the stake.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Magically_Enhanced_Physiology

Guess it's pretty typical of most isekai protags.

Although if it's a world where magic doesn't exist, I'm pretty much fucked.

>brain empowerment
I become walking God of death

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Mortality
>The condition to be more vulnerable to injuries than others.
Yep, I'm fucked. Do I get transported to a third world when I die?

youtu.be/mj-v6zCnEaw

Thank you for ruining the thread.

It's acommon mistake of villains to misuse their powers. E.g. if you have the power to absorb life force and become immortal, why would you go around town stealing life from random citizens ofly to be confronted by superheroes? While you can work as a hangman of in abortion center and have all the killing you want to replentish your lifesource and to honestly earn money.

>but_i_dont_want_to_cure_cancer.jpg

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Water_Attacks
Seems useful with training could be quite powerful.

Or I could just sell water to people in deserts.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Physical_Nonexistence
Not much of a change.

You can create your own watercircus and earn moneyloads

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Manipulation

Like it

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Hypercognition
Guess I'd be hitting up a library

That's a goldmine, literally. Many radioactive materials cost billions per milligrammes, because it's hard to produce them or clean. Plus radioactive waste industry is very resource-demanding.

>Demagnetization

>The user can demagnetize targets, causing them to be unaffected by magnetism.

The power I've always wanted.

Has no one ever read Kumo Desu ga? I can't believe anyone that praises it has read over 100 chapters. The fucking powerlevel jump is so sudden and retarded it completely killed the story for me. Can't we just have a story where the characters develop normally instead of becoming literal gods 250 chapters in?

Always thought he was one of the stronger meta humans. Always wanted his powers too.

The last powerlevel jump was way too sudden and poorly justified, I agree.

That being said, post-ascension shenanigans are still pretty entertaining so I was willing to overlook it.

It seems the author agrees since she seems to be majorly rewriting the post-arachne segment for the LN.

That's reasonable and I'll give it another chance if it's so. I anticipated the Arachne evolution a lot and it got deprecated in like 20 chapters, she should have more battles with it and interaction with her classmates.

I certainly preferred the dungeon crawler Kumo, but it was still enjoyable for a while after getting out of the maze. Seeing how Shiro's actions coincided with the Hero was pretty fun. The last 50 or so chapters have been a huge bore though.

If that's true then that's great news. I hope she stays as an arachne and doesn't go godmode instantly this time. Like, at this point she's barely related to spiders anymore apart from her spooky eyes.

>The last 50 or so chapters have been a huge bore though.
Jesus fucking Christ, the Pope segments are the worst. Literal walls of text everywhere.

The "wow Pope-san is so cool and collected he sure has humanity's best interests in mind (but he's really just shitting his pants and dropping his spaghetti)" joke got old fast too.

I feel like Baba is just trying to pad the story out with a bunch of crap until the elf war.

I think the real problem was how the author handled her maxing taboo. After that happens it goes from us all pretty much understanding why she does what she does to only the author knowing.
It happens and then it skips ahead to her being pissed off about what she learned from it and sets about hunting high level enemies, assigning her minds to do other stuff and it all happens to quickly and confusingly.
Part of why I at least really got behind the character was because for the most part you could get behind a lot of her decisions. Pretty much everything we knew was limited to what she also knew so what she did made sense, was logical or at least sounded fun up until that point. And then we just get this huge shift where she's doing stuff that seems out of character for reasons the reader is kept in the dark on purely to maintain a mystery that isn't even really worth having.
The world's gonna end and it can only be saved by doing some awful shit the current admin isn't prepared to do. Not that much of a twist.

The maou twist was also kind of cheap in that the author tried her hardest to convince you the future maou was Kumoko to the point of having her say things that only Kumoko could know only to later justify it with the whole soul fragment thing.

>the isekai genre

Welp
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie_Lord_Physiology

>A power that literally turns you into a Sup Forums mod

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Identity_Dominance

So I can brainwash people? That's quite good.