How has Korea been portrayed in anime?

How has Korea been portrayed in anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/05/18/otaku-rally-against-racism-in-akihabara
youtube.com/watch?v=jLqhrL_YjYw
youtube.com/watch?v=gZ_fVM3R0R4
youtube.com/watch?v=CDaHScE3rfM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Isn't Nodame Cantabile partially set in Korea?

Seems pretty rare to have Koreans or even references to Korean culture in anime. Given that Sakurasou debacle, I'm under the impression that there is a bunch of vocal anime watchers who detest anything Korean.

it's weird you see Chinese characters in some anime but I almost never see Koreans.

저희는 거의 대표되지 않아요. 그게 좋은거지.

Are you retard or something?

Akatsuki no Yona is set in not-Korea. I think that last arc in Hikaru no Go had the Japan team playing against Korea. Other than than that I can't really think of anything.

Is the setting Utawarerumono based on Korean culture?

Noblesse is a manga based in korea

How is CHINA portrayed in anime?

Mostly in credits.

No, how the fuck you can come to this conclusion?

Basically this and the occasional nod to K-Pop.

Shampoo
Kagura
And other Chinese waifus

They portray themselves as jews in not kung-fu Web novels.

It hasn't really.

Most otakus are hardcore rightwingers who absolutely detest anything Korean, so most anime tend to ignore Korea's existence.

Korea is boring compared to China
If they want other Asian in their anime it will be Chinese not Korean

On top of all reasons already mentioned Japanese-koreans are together with buraku and handicapped one of the few groups who have very vocal interest group that gets very anal about how they're portrayed in media, hence they tend not to appear at all.

Rarely.

Probably because Japan and Korea don't get along, both due to disputes between their governments and immigrants, which means that their presence inevitably brings politics. Anime generally isn't where people go when they're looking to get an earful of politics.

This too.

in Hikaru no Go they are portraid as a some kind of game mutants.

Which is pretty much the same as the western stereotype.

Very well
Cute girls and handsome men
I just watched magi

Hikaruno go was broken by Korean pressure who say "You must not draw ugly Koreans" "Japanese can't beat Korean in Go game".
After that, Japanese stopped using Korean characters.

So Japan regards China as their red light district?

What happen exactly? I only knew that there was a raped doujin starring that korean host guy.

I don't think so
They just like old Chinese things(Three Kingdoms, journey to the west and so on)

t. Living in Japan

>t.
Stop that.

I guess that it's kind of how we Europeans see ancient rome. And with that logic how Americans see.. Europe?

>Give back our technology!

They added some scene where the characters eat a korean dish or something (which is honestly a pretty weird thing to add in an anime adaptation), but somehow this turned into an internet shitstorm with some going so far to claim korean propaganda conspiracy.

>Americans
……Really?

Why are Japanese people so racist against people who look the EXACT FUCKING SAME AS THEM!?!?!?

Korea is a literal shithole. The only things of value to ever come from there are Samsung washing machines and Pepsi.

Noblesse is a manhwa, not manga.
Everything you can find on webtoons.com are not manga, they're made by Koreans, Americans, Southeast Asians, etc.

LEAVE ROMI PARK ALONE
crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/05/18/otaku-rally-against-racism-in-akihabara

>You can only hate a group of people if they categorically look different from you

Well that was kind of dumb overreaction. Maybe the director was a fan of that dish and he want to goof a little...
Similarity breed contemp and rivalry.

>Americans see.. Europe?
Nah.

Also, while I'm a bit overstepping my boundaries of expertise, speaking of the far east, but there seems to be an important difference to Japan's relationship with China to Europe's relationship with Rome/Greece.
You see, Europe's ideology was formed to a large degree by the sense of loss. It wasn't that they were living next to the cultural giant. The giant was dead and gone*. That was never really the case with China.
And as for America? In their minds they have simply supplanted Europe. They are the new world order; and the only reason to look back to Europe is to see how things used to be done back before freedom was invented.

*not quite right, the Byzantine Empire was still there and so were the Arab-speaking countries, which is where much of the knowledge was recovered. But medieval Europe were more focused on Rome than on either of those empires.

Do you like all of your countrymen then?
I don't like my neighbour

well when they want to portray something ancient in Hollywood movies it's usually European? and Japan kind of sprung out of China in the same way America sprung out of Europe.

Your neighbor is an asshole, but his daughter is pretty nice.

>well when they want to portray something ancient in Hollywood movies it's usually European?
Well, that's a matter of course. America's society has some 300 years of history. If they want to go further back, they'll either have to turn to the native Americans or to the old world.

>be Japanese
>rape millions of asians

same reason why europeans hate jews and muslims

>Well that was kind of dumb overreaction.
I guess the cultural background is that among Japanese net-uyoku (kind of like Japanese Sup Forums but with Koreans instead of jews), there has been a popular belief that Japanese media industry being controlled by Koreans. And hence all attempts of showing K-pop or K-drama on Japanese tv is seen as a step of cultural warfare against Japan. It just so happened that these net-uyoku are often anime nerds and when they figured koreans were starting to take over anime it was too much for them.

50% of all Japanese males have or had ED.
The rape thing is largely propaganda.

Media, school, army were all changed by USA in 1945.
Anyone knows that.

What is ED?

I'm sure the internet could help you put meaning to the abbreviation.

I think he wanted to say if Japan raped so much, Korean or Taiwanese had haplo type D2 in this map.
Haplo is male gene.

Yeah that's what I thought so too. It's always been confusing as to why you see every other race except Koreans in anime. Do the nips have a personal vandetta against the gook? Because from what I see the Koreans have a more legit reason to hate Japan than vice versa.

But who choose Korean over Chinese as an anime characters?

Script writers that want to watch their studios burn.

The reality is that Korea is incredibly boring, and nobody cares about it.

China makes a better bad guy, and if you're aiming for an asian twist, it's easier to go somewhere like HK, Singapore, or Vietnam depending on what you're looking for.

Korea just exists, it doesn't do anything interesting as a setting, and honestly, most people would rather forget it exists.

nice google translate.

What's wrong with you
ED is Erectile Dysfunction

Fucking this

Koreans in anime are either portrayed stereotypically chinky or don't exist at all since they are considered to be subhuman in Japan. You'd be surprised to see how many "Why Japan is better than Korea" sort of books they sell in Japan.

>You'd be surprised to see how many "Why Japan is better than Korea" sort of books they sell in Japan.
I'd be more surprised that you'd need a book for that, I figured it was just blatant common sense.

>I figured it was just blatant common sense.
Common sense is formed by what you read, hear and see.

>stereotype
>GSL
Is it a stereotype if it's true?

Best Korea shenanigans are pretty fucking hilarious though.
youtube.com/watch?v=jLqhrL_YjYw
1:05

Yes.

That trend began only around 2010 but there were not Korean characters before that year.

all stereotypes are true user

>Sup Forums is only full of English speaking Americans

I suppose nips just want to make sure they are better than gooks.

holy shit that's hilarious. So is he a South Korean getting arrested by the North or a North getting arrested by the South?

Well it's funny because i am a gook. The first sentence doesn't make sense although i understand what it's trying to say and it's written in an extremely formal manner.

That sounds like the average Sup Forums post.

>HK, Singapore, or Vietnam
>Korea just exists, it doesn't do anything interesting as a setting, and honestly, most people would rather forget it exists.
How are those places different from korea?

이 사이트에서 뭐하니 user?

Pretty cool
youtube.com/watch?v=gZ_fVM3R0R4

As a gook who one day visited some korean anime sites a alot of the fans type formally and with utmost respect for each other opinions.

They also love lolis

Hongkong is interesting big city
And vietnamese qt ao-dai girl will be god tier waifu material
Singapore is boring tho

Singapore is a clean, modern city. Japanese people can respect that.

>i am a gook
Why haven't you killed yourself yet, and made the world a slightly better place?

I'm about to go to Hong Kong, Sup Forums. What should I expect?

>btw i am corean xD
Kill yourself.

No, Japanese and Koreans look pretty different. Koreans have big square jaws and really slitty eyes compared to Japs.

A completely "meh" experience.

Don't use emoticons on Sup Forums.

We're not that bad desu. Seems like we're the go-to place whenever they want to market outside of Japan.

It's also as expensive here.

Well, almost.

too lazy

Smog.

Ok...
I still think the japanese just hate koreans.

Don't tell me what to do, newlord.

Do you feel uncomfortable calling people fags?

If they just want clean modern city, they already have Tokyo or other big cities

I'm Japanese and I can assure you that you're right.

This is because you come from a kike infested western country, where TV is all about being as multicultural as possible to brainwash kids.

Not having X in your show doesn't mean you hate X. It means you don't care about X.

They look the same, some small differences.
See some school pictures, not TV shows.

The japanese have better haircut fashion, though.

Most Koreans get plastic surgery before they leave school to look more Japanese, though.

Ironically many koreans love anime. There's a whole district dedicated to the culture, kind of like a mini Akihabara

lol

Japs and koreans just need to get along, I don't get the hate.

So they change nothing?

Gooks hate japs because they cucked all of their grandfathers by raping their grandmothers. Japs hate gooks because they think gooks are subhuman.

Some look Koreans but cute Japanese don't look Korean.
Anime draw stereotype or cute girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=CDaHScE3rfM

korean protest every tiny things
so japanese don't want to interact with them from the very first