The thing about anime

What is the thing that makes you prefer anime over other forms of visual entertainment media?

Itano Circus
Owari Pose
Sakuga
I even like some clichés that anime has that you rarely see in any other form of entertainment; for instance, when they use the opening to reach the climax at the end of the story. Or the spirits/voices of other characters reaching the main one when it's about to happen.
When those elements combine and they do it properly I lose my shit. They also have some kind of rhythm sense in those moments (at least when there's a good director) that you rarely see in other visual forms; it's the same rhythm a good opening has. As timing make the jokes, rhythm makes the effective use of clichés. As much as it's overused the upbeat song with the pause moments (action when it's loud, characters looking at the distance when it gets slower and/or sakura flowers and all those kind of shit), when it comes together properly it's really nice.
Dunno, I never gave it much thought, but I think it's more or less those reasons, at least for me.

Lolis

legal lolis

end yourself

IDK desu

literature has better dialog and characters and plot

movies have better scenery,aesthetics and soundtracks

western animation has better character design animation and backgrounds (just look at steven universe)

Honestly I just find that it has better quality stuff while staying far enough away from ultra serious. I could watch The Big Bang Theory, but it's awful. I could watch Solaris but I don't want to sit through an hour or two of serious people looking at screens while furrowing their brows.

Fuck off.

>better quality
>anime
come on user we both not that's not the reason

>cherrypicking

western animation can do all that and better except for the sexiness

What is the thing that makes Sup Forums shitpost on Sup Forums more than any other board?

I am admittedly a pretty immature guy, I could probably just watch old nickelodeon shows for the rest of my life and be perfectly at peace, and anime is a way for me to pretend that I am more mature when really I am still just watching cartoons. It's the ultimate keikaku.

cgdct.

you can't find that anywhere else.

this

fuck off faggot

After you kid.

Certain types of SoL including but not limited to CGDCT, I wish I was joking. For real though, it's not all I watch but it's nigh-impossible to find something like Geijutsuka or Sketchbook outside anime/manga.

imo cgdct is the worst thing about anime

then why aren't you watching steven universe
it has cute girls and better animation,plot and characters than most moe garbage

i like how japanese sounds

Not that guy, but I just don't like the animation of SU. I know nothing of the plot or characters though, so I shall withhold judgment on those aspects.

watch the Japanese dub

It is not western.

I'd agree for those that doesn't take advantage of the setting nor have any other pull other than telling us "these girls are cute, like them" and most of them are indeed shit. However, not all of them use throw-away settings and may even have decent characterization, and I adore those because I do like cute girls since they're relaxing as fuck to watch. Shallow as fuck reason? Probably, but we're talking about tastes in Taiwanese Puppetry here so sue me.

I do watch/read other things like literature, but I don't go around looking for cute girls for those.

you will get used to it and start to realize how amazing it can be especially the backgrounds

no

Big eyes and expressive facial features that allow me to understand characters feelings easier than with real people.

I really dont know. I still watch some old western cartoons time to time but modern ones i really cant myself to get like them. I dont think anime is any better than anything west does but it just gets me more.

i mean that there alot

>su
>cute girls
>cute
>girls

Had to google what su was and I'm impressed that something like that is even popular in the US.

Not with that dogshit art they aren't.

>i mean that there alot
A lot of what? CGDCT stuff? Shit CGDCT stuff?

>Sakuga
>Cute girls doing cute things

watch it then say whether you like it or not
don't be a retard

No, I'll stick with my chinese cartoons.

There are things that are possible in anime that live action wouldn't be able to pull off. Something like Madoka, for example, would never work in live action.

I also think people overstate the trashiness of anime. Sure, there's Naruto, SAO and IS, just like there's trash in every medium. But there's a lot more to anime than that.

They have to ruin everything

>cherrypicking
you don't want to bring up every harem,fujoshi,yuri, and moe anime now do you?

it's not just that
there are genres which are filled with trash like
harem
reverse harem
moe
yuri
fujoshi

western cartoons can do that alot better

Name one thing wrong with any of them.

its cartoons but for big adults like me ;D

And? Don't watch them if you don't like them.

I wonder why people are even here when they're so fundamentally against anime. Maybe it's just crossboarders trying to start shit.

Nothing really. I still watch western movies and rarely some western shows. But I guess eastern media has more variety.

OH where do i start
1 shit animation
2 extremely shitty plot
3 shitty characters
4 annoying and EXTREMELY OVERUSED cliches

This although I despise western animation.
I guess the main draw to it is lolis, waifu material, cute girls in general, and cartoony faces adding to the comedy in ways westerners just can't comprehend nor is it possible in any other form. Oh... and QUALITY.

i watch harem and some yuri anime but you can't deny how fucking garbage they are

What is the thing that makes Sup Forums shitpost on Sup Forums more than any other board?

Most of them are pretty bad, yes. Some anime being bad doesn't discredit the whole medium.

I'm sporry but nothing in chinese cartoons compares to subtle 3DPD acting

Because Sup Forums is a dumping ground.

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is the cultural aspects, and by that I mean anime culture. There are stories behind how anime was made, the evolution of the medium. There are big communities you can take part in and try to fit in. MAL helps you collect more anime to brag to the community about. There are some well defined masterpieces. It's just such a rich community and history, that also helps.

I prefer animation over live action, it looks better, and "mature" stuff is scary. In animation, I can watch mature stuff without leaving my comfort zone. Okay maybe this isn't it, but I do prefer animation. I just barely watch live action, very little. And Japanese animation is the best. Western cartoons have awful character designs and look like shit.
Someone on Sup Forums brought up French, which may be worthwhile, but it lacks the community aspects and the industry storylines of anime. It'd just be watching a cartoon for enjoyment. And then it's better to watch something Japanese instead, and you can increase your status in the anime community and get a better overview of a wide, well respected medium.

cute girls doing cute things, never bores me
and I like nip humor and tsukkomi

why do you despise it?
and do you honestly think that anime is better then live action?

Sakuga, Art Direction, Photography.

>I wonder why people are even here when they're so fundamentally against anime
"Anime" is really fucking broad term. If you don't like SoL, cute girls doing cute things or harem shit doesn't mean you don't like the whole medium.

It's like saying you hate western shows because you don't like sitcom

Obviously? I mean, you don't go around looking at the Young Adult segment of your local bookstore too now, do you? Ignore that shit nigga, I ain't gonna read Twilight if I can just pick up something good instead.

Also, Moe and Fujoshi aren't genres, my crossboarding friend.

>art direction
CG movies usually do it better
>phorography
again CG movies and western cartoons do it better

>CG
fuck off pixar goon, we don't want your kind here

>>art direction
>CG movies usually do it better
Examples?

It's all SJW bs.

Live action as in actual films or live action adaptations of anime?

fucking every Pixar movie ever
most Dreamworks movies
most blockbuster movies

beowulf was shit but the cinematography was top notch

>why do you despise it?
He's a weeb.

what do consider SJW bs cus anime does have it?
movies and series

>unironically using weeb as an insult
>on Sup Forums

>using weeb as an insult

Where do you think we are normalfag?

>weeb
kek

I was not using weeb as an insult, faggot.

you can't deny the quality of there work user

they're

>unironically using normalfag as an insult

cuck

at least 70% of those genres are shit tho

I'm not denying that, friend.

mecha
literally all others genres are autistic and for faggots

IT'S FUCKING THEIR.

THEY ARE = THEY'RE
THERE =/= THEIR

Finish school, then kill yourself.

Weren't you people supposed to have already left back in 2014 during your "mass" exodous to infinity?

then why are you calling me a goon

you didn't have to say that user
i actually didn't finish school so that really hurts my feelings :'(

Anime is nothing but trash. Even your father Miyazaki admitted to it.

western 2D animation is dead. Animation is a true composite medium, you can feel the individuality of every part of the piece.

I wish Miyazaki was my father. Then I can make shit anime movies since my father hates me but has a reputation to uphold.

That's why you're a weeb. You want to be japanese.

Goon? As in thugs and/or retards? What?

Get your GED then kill yourself.

I would only forgive you if English is a secondary language to you.

What killed 2d animation in the west?

I can easily watch something old like Hanna Barbera cartoons and find it charming/funny, fuck even spongebob stuff up to season 5 is good but I can't even try to get into the newer episodes.

But, user, I am Japanese.

it is somewhat
and westren animation is not dead that guy is a fucking retard

sure

The big titties and cat girls.

Cute, colorful characters and universes that distract me from the depressing reality of our world and the comedy being great when done right.

seconded

Because of culture.
I love many Western works like LOTR. But modern Western culture is on a decline. I can't stomach the likes of Carrie Bradshaws and Kardashians.
I take solace in the fact that there is still beauty and delicate aesthetics in the east.

i see that argument a lot when i ask about the appeal of moe anime
maybe i am just not depressed

do you honestly give a shit about celebrities?
what are you? a fucking normie

Flash on TV, and 3DCG in theatrical releases. That's all of contemporary western animation.

Anime is a relatively incestuous industry, which makes it fun to watch different staff bounce off eachother and watch the result of their work. I've seen about 800 shows from all different time periods and I feel like I have a decent grasp on the relations between the different, for lack of a better word, zeitgeists. I really enjoy figuring out entire relational trees for a whole genre or medium, and with anime and even video games doing that is at least still possible.
I've tried to get into literature in the same way but there's just too much of it, it seems fucking hopeless to get a view as clear as what I want of all those thousands of years of writing.

I also just love the freedom of animation as compared to live action film. Anything can be drawn on any frame, no limits in terms of lighting, pacing or even proportions. Of course you can do a lot with props and CG nowadays, but it often ends up looking fake.

finally a good fucking response

T-thanks, I was expecting to just be called a pretentious faggot

We need to remove sakugafags.

Do you honestly believe their culture isn't trickling down? From TV drama series to movies, that culture is evident everywhere. Many modern women in real life sound so vulgar to me, and men so crass that I can only look at literature from the 20th century as fantasy now. Hell I even hear people bringing up Kanye West in a headphone review. I'm honestly very sick of all this.