Hate it all you want, the last arc of Bleach was worth reading if only to see Mayuri finally lose his composure

Hate it all you want, the last arc of Bleach was worth reading if only to see Mayuri finally lose his composure.

>Bleach was worth reading

Is this remorse? Disappointment? Anger?

Underrated fight, overrated character.

Why was he so favored?

Kubo's self-insert

That's Ishida

Mayuri should have died in this fight. All of the arc was pure wankery

>Defeats tranny Zombie
>Defeats Bambietta zombie
>Defeats Hitsugaya
>Defeats Rose Zombie
>Defeats Kensei Zombie
>Defeats Sternritter Love

>Paralyses awakened Kenpachi

All this without a scratch. Did he have such a huge fanbase or did Kubo decide to make him OP just because he enjoys drawing him?

>because he enjoys drawing him
There you go.

I came across a theory that says Kazui just activated his Fullbring instead of becoming a Shinigami. It makes sense, seeing as Orihime was attacked by her Hollowfied brother very early at the start. Wonder what he'd channel it through, if that's the case.

Anyway, if Mayuri died, how should he have gone out?

>Mayuri should have died in this fight.

Mayuri was practically the only Shinigami who recognized the Quincy as a potential threat and made preparations to defeat them. Every win he had in this arc was justified.

Did he join Oro In the Got Away With Everything Club?

Will Ceasar join too eventually?

>Every win he had in this arc was justified.

Nope.

What's with mad scientists and escaping justice, anyway?

Ishida ended up alone and being a doctor, though.

Unit 731

>m-muh Quincy pride
>muh Zaraki stronk

Yeah, no, everything loses to science.

>Anyway, if Mayuri died, how should he have gone out?
Raw 1vs1 fist fighting

Then get put in the coffin with Nemu's brain and somehow fuse with her like what should have happened

Mayuri's entertaining hax powers aside, story-wise all of the Quincy had cause to hunt and kill Mayuri on grounds of him being the one responsible for slaughtering their kind.

Hell, even Ishida should have wanted Mayuri dead for what he did to his grandfather, but Kubo dropped that plot thread for whatever reason, and even gave them a fucking slapstick routine in Hueco Mundo.

How anyone expected this hack of a writer to end this story on a satisfactory note is beyond me.

>nope

Best argument I've ever heard.

I'm not even a Mayuri fan but if anyone were to come out of anything unscathed, id imagine it'd be him, because like the other guy already said, he's the only one the ever actually even tried to prepare.

I'm sad Bleach is over though. 15 years. That's half of my life. I've been in and out of this series for a decade and a half, and now it's over. Shit. I don't even know what to read now.

I secretly want Kubo to pull a Naruto and just keep the series going with the kids, but at the same time, don't. Still a lot of unanswered questions, though.

Nothing to do now but read One Piece I suppose.

>everything loses to science.

>he's the only one the ever actually even tried to prepare.
They all trained hard, one gave his heart to gain power, and 3 of them even went into the royal realm.

>I secretly want Kubo to pull a Naruto and just keep the series going with the kids, but at the same time, don't.

I know how that feels. I'm very certain a spin-off won't happen, but if it does, I hope Kubo takes art duties and lets somebody else handle the writing.

Nah. Ishida is like a 2nd tier character for Kubo.

Kubo's most loved characters are super obvious - Mayuri, Aizen, Ichigo, and Orihime. I think he fanservices Byakuya, Hitsugaya and Rukia because they're so popular.

>secretly want Kubo to pull a Naruto and just keep the series going with the kids, but at the same time, don't. Still a lot of unanswered questions, though.

KUBO JOINS NEW SHONEN MONTHLY MAG
CREATES CHARACTERS THAT LOOK JUST LIKE ICHIHIME AND RENJUKIA'S CHILDREN.
PROCEEDS TO NAME THE MANGA "CHLOROPHYLL."
IT'S A BLEACH SEQUEL IN LITERALLY EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD EXCEPT FOR THE NAMES.

>Hey remember that guy who salughtered hundreds of quincies, dissected your grandfather alive and tortured him to death?
>Let's have some slapstick comedy alongside him

Kubo should be forbidden from approaching an editing house through a court enforced restraining order.

>story-wise all of the Quincy had cause to hunt and kill Mayuri on grounds of him being the one responsible for slaughtering their kind.

Bazz-B flashback indicates that most of the Sternritter are form a completely different time period before that had even happened.

>but Kubo dropped that plot thread for whatever reason, and even gave them a fucking slapstick routine in Hueco Mundo.

Uryu grew the fuck up and realized there were bigger things than revenge on Mayuri, like revenge on Yhwach.

I forgot to say SHONEN JUMPS FACE WHEN

*in Bleach

Seriously 95% of Soul Society is fucking around with swords while the 12th division is actually trying to progress Seireitei out of the feudal era.

>Uryu grew the fuck up

>Lol that's just the guy who slaughtered your mentor and grandfather while performing the most horrific experiments you can think of.
>Grow the fuck up dude.

The Vandenreich had been watching Soul Society. They would have witnessed the slaughter of their brethren. They would have wanted revenge. They were already out for the Shinigami, it would stand to reason that the homicidal maniac that is Mayuri would have been at the top of their hit list.

Well, he would've been in the hands of a competent author.

>the 12th division is actually trying to progress Seireitei out of the feudal era
No they aren't.

Still not as bad as the guy who killed your mom and is planning on killing all of your friends, did you seriously miss his entire fight with Jugram?

The Vandenreich is completely different from the traditionalist Quincy that Soken belonged to; to Yhwach they're just food.

>Forgiving Mayuri
The guy is remorseless. You're giving a profound new meaning to the word 'Cuck'.

You should feel proud.

You can literally see the major industrial improvements Mayuri had made to the Seireitei after the last timeskip. Evey major technological advancement made in the past 100 years of Soul Society was due to the efforts of the R&D department created by Kisuke and Mayuri. .

Bleach is a work of fiction, user. Try not to be so emotionally invested, you're giving yourself away too early.

Mayuri doesn't give a fuck about the well being of the Seireitei or advancing anyone but himself.
The 12th division only serves his demented ambition.

You're confusing the guy with Urahara.

Mayuri was actually one of the least popular SS characters, so Kubo wanked him so much exclusively to troll fanbase. I remember there were a lot of fangirls' tears when Mayuri raped zombie Hitsu.

>Still not as bad as the guy who killed your mom and is planning on killing all of your friends
Come back in 6 years.

The 12th division R&D isn't just Mayuri, user. However you can't deny his work has saved Soul Society's ass on a number of occasions.

>how do I into character development?

>Kubo
>character development
It's called "forgetting stuff and not giving a shit".

>It's called "forgetting stuff and not giving a shit".

Apparently you forgot to turn your brain on :^)

These three are ghostbusters

>mexicans

You know what I like about the ending? That it made even the most hardcore Bleach drones see what a shit writer Kubo really is.

I really love all the Karakura Town cast. It's not so much that I liked the Ghostbusters arc, but I liked the slice of life component with the cast.

Whatever happened to Chizuru post time jump? Did Ichigo/Tatsuki murder her and hide the body? Is she in prison for sexual assault? Maybe she moved?

this. Even reddit hates him now.

>tfw we're not even discussing the ending

I can assume you have no further argument?

Riddle me this Batman,how does a Orange haired teenager and his tomboy friend end up as a shinigami and fullbringer?

>Bullshit

Hardcore Bleach drones realized it was shit 2 years ago and still continued reading, hoping for a turnaround, but will forever be bitter cause it was canceled and never redeemed.

"Alright, Riddler, you win. I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about."

>mayuri doesn give a fuck about the well being of the seireitei
user, 4 captains are still breathing because of him, he may be a jerk, but is a usefull jerk, thats why the gotei keeps him

I never understood why fans seemed to enjoy Mayuri's role so much when his intro just set him up as a murderous sadist that Uryu was going to kill only for everyone to forget about it in the end.

>but is a usefull jerk
Until he feels like betraying them. Like he almost did in Hueco Mundo.

Tatsuki was suppose to be one of them I think, but Jump forced Kubo to change his mind

I don't know how accurate it is. But, some say that Kubo wanted to do stuff with Tatsuki and the Vizards before SS, but his editors had him drop it. Never read an actual interview that stated this, though.

>Jump forced Kubo to change his mind

I don't recall this.

I wonder if we'll ever find out how much of Bleach's crappiness is Kubo fucking up and how much is the editors sticking their nose where it doesn't belong. I'm fairly certain most of it is Kubo's fault, but I just need to know who's responsible for what.

Well you either have to settle for Tatsuki getting powers and being jobber material and sidelined later rather than now or have her be totally irrelevant(but still best girl)

With the way Bleach turned out, I'm kinda glad Kubo didn't ruin her any further. I lost all interest after SS arc and only recently reread up to the ending.

Just to clarify, not Tatsuki with the Vizards. He wanted to do a Tatsuki and Keigo stuff (similar to Orihime, Chad and Ishida's pre-SS storylines) and he also wanted to introduce the Vizards. Shinji was supposed to be a teacher at Ichigo's school.

Again, I don't know how accurate this is.

The guy's something else, that's all I can say.
Sick bastard.

>shinji was supposed to be a teacher
well, he appears in the cover of the first chapter, so maybe

Is she the same Nemu or did he make a new one? What happened to the Brain?

He was about to seal Ichigo into the Garganta before Ichigo taunted him to do it and look like a fool in front of Urahara.

>hachigou
is a new one, what happened to the brain is beyond me

He's a perfect character for Kubo. He can do everything, asspull every fight and has the built in excuse of "he's a genius, lul keikaku". Don't even need to show him acting intelligently, just tell the audience he's smart.

People thought he was going to fuse with her or something fucked up but then Kubo disapointed again.

That just means you're supposed to try and kill both of them.

>datass
god, kubo's fanservice its something else

I will miss amazing chapter titles of Bleach.

i dropped this long ago; has it got an interesting ending?

superchunky from hell is a clasic

interesting, yes, good, not so much

Oh, that. Having reread the translations we have here, that sounds like more normal banter than a serious thing he was considering.

A lot of Kubo's female characters were fucking stacked, even one time side characters.

What the fuck is a superchunky?

The best part of the ending was seeing Milfihime in all her thicc glory.

>Chizuru
Kubo probably legit forgot she existed

I disagree.

This was worth it imo. So powerful the only way to beat it was to steal it

>Uryu grew the fuck up
>how do I into character development
Are you serious? You have to be some pretty messed up motherfucker yourself if you put that whole thing down as character development

>So powerful the only way to beat it was to steal it
Nah Almighty trumps everything.

>dem shiba genes
It's a shame we haven't seen shit from Kukaku. She was missing an arm, Kubo easily could've made her an exiled royal guard member or something like that. But yeah that'd be good writing for a change so no chance there

>speedreading through that whole "Bach got beaten by Yama once" stuff

And which Quincy would be stupid enough to actually fight Mayuri? He was able to fight against a god. The Quincy made the right descision, because they would have ended up like Szayel otherwise. And it was Yhwach's plan to kill all Shinigami anyway, so by the end of the war, Mayuri would have been killed anyway.

Yamamoto is scariest character when he gets serious.

Did you just skip the entire fight against Ichibei?

>the least physically attractive creepy scientist man is more powerful than the shonen fuckbois

its the greatest kuboing in all of kubo and i love it. also mayuri is the batman of SS, he has a plan for every contingency and uses ACTUAL tactics and scientific weapons and not "im going to train at 100 timers gravity to get stronk" like everyone else.

him fucking up quincy's and raping ice shota was the best part of this arc

>23 year old Karin
I'm mad that nothing ever came of her increasing spiritual power.

>also mayuri is the batman of SS, he has a plan for every contingency and uses ACTUAL tactics and scientific weapons

No that's ACTUALLY Urahara.

Mayuri actually looks pretty good without his makeup. Of course, this is a bit of a moot point, since he prefers to go out with his face painted anyway.

You know what is really grating from Kubo? He seems to really hate resolution talks. He makes panels like this but never shows how it went with Tatsuki and Keigo when he told them. In SS arc he also interrupted Renji when he's about to have his resolution talk with Byakuya. So in hindsight, it's not surprising that Kubo would skip post-Yhwach resolution and go straight for the 10-year timeskip.

Giselle made this arc worth it. I want a spin off starring her

>He was able to fight against a god.
He was getting curbstomped

Askin is a hard counter to Mayuri. Even Urahara couldn't do shit and we all know Urahara > Mayuri is every single ways.

Doubt Mayuri could do anything against Thor, Black quincy, Hachwald or even Ichida for that matter.

>Shiba bloodline
>Orihime's genes

Christ, how stacked would Ichigo and Orihime's daughter be?

On hindsight, the Fullbring arc was quite fun.

Read Shokugeki no Soma user