So what's the best power system? To me it comes down to Nen vs Stands...

So what's the best power system? To me it comes down to Nen vs Stands. They are both way better than anything else I've seen.

Nen:
>unlimited possibilities
>it's cool how everyone in HxH's world can learn to use it
>consistent, well thought out rules
>virtually asspull free
>allows for many types of battles

Stands:
>amazing aesthetic
>look and sound fucking awesome in the anime
>also unlimited possibilities
>a lot of time the user has one broad power that can be used in unexpected and creative ways, like Crazy Diamond

Compared to stands, I don't think Devil Fruits come close, but Oda has also been very creative at times with what initially sounds like a shitty power, but the user thought of really inventive ways to make it crazy good.

Take Doflamingo for example. String-string fruit, he uses his strings to stitch clones of himself and puppeteer them, he can puppeteer others, he can shoot them like arrows, he can latch onto shit like spiderman, he can fucking repair his organs with microscopic strings in the heat of battle allowing him to take incredible damage, he can use them as a cutting weapon, create a spiders web to act as a stronk as fuck shield, etc.

I'm pretty sure nobody realized the extent of utility that strings would provide.

There are also other such examples.

Luffy is made of rubber, alright so what?

- Rubber bands hurt, so alright I guess his punches make sense as to why they have such strong impact.
- Alright he can blow himself up to act as a cushion from a fall.
- Alright he can use that air in him afterwards to propel him towards enemies.
- ...he can pump air into his bloodstream to increase his heart rate and metabolism to increase his speed. Normally that would burst someone's heart, but since he's rubber, he could take it.
- Blow air into his bones to make limbs bigger to make giant punches.
- Blow air into his muscles to artificially steroid himself up.

Just two examples.

Haven't tackled OP, but that sounds dope

Those two are my favorite as well, Togashi's autistic attention to detail and Araki's insane creativity really make them great. I see nen as a more thorough and elaborate version of stands actually, since stands come with natural strengths and weaknesses while nen users actively decide their own.

Power level is the best system

What about RAGE!!!! ?

Stands dip into the asspull departament way too often for them to be considered the best power system, they're also more likely to have huge discrepancies between good stands and shit tier stands. The fact that powerful hatsus usually require some sort of condition or vow make it so it's use has actual consequences (until Alluka "Phenomenal Cosmic Powers" Zoldyck showed up, that is), make it a better balanced system, and one that's hard to top, the way natures work and Interact with each other is also well crafted (although Specialization is a bit of a copout IMO)

Cantus.

But muh dbz p..p...power levels...

Alchemy

Alchemy is bretty fucking good actually

We could try to synthesize a system based on Ass Pulls.

Pros:
Any character can do it
Consistent, since everyone can pull asspulls
Looks good on Paper
So much an asspull that it's no longer an ass pull

Cons
It's an asspull

Alluka has nothing to do with the nen system at this point, she's a calamity and we have no idea how their powers work in relation to aura.

String powers has always been very powerful. Look at the butler in hellsing.

I don't really like One Piece as a series but I do like the way the powers are handled (or at least how I hear they are). Compare to something like Fairy Tail where almost every form of magic boils down to punching harder or an energy beam of some element.

>The More retarded the Power is, the stronger it is.

>JoJo's
>String

JoJo's Part 6's main character's power is being made of strings.

They are masters of their craft. For Nen I see it as a tool personally, its very versatile but has its own limits to each persons but the same can be said for stands too but they are represented differently visually and how they work.

Another thing Jojo and Hunter both have in common is if you die thats it, even with these shounen element power systems put in; none of that other shounen BS where characters get revived a million times taking away the drama. Their series try to retain some sense of realism in some aspects.

Alluka turned out to be a potentially apocalyptic entity that has little to nothing to do with nen.

> if you die thats it
What about Kite?

thats 1 person and it was part of his power

Who wins in a RAGE power battle, Asura (From Asura's Wrath) or Guts ?
sorry for the Sup Forums tier reply
i'm not a crossboarder

>Doffy's first moment
>June 10 2002

>Stone Ocean
>2000 to 2003

>equivalent to being hit by a small but incredibly fast-moving meteor
Why could they not just say a bullet?

Because nips and guns don't mix.

Nen doesn't apply to edritch abominations like Nanika. What we've known so far is that for human beings aura can be used (Nen) to perform certain tasks.

Am I the only one who misses the ripples?

I do.
I can't really explain why I do though
Part of it is that I found ripple to be more realistic making the "Bizarre" parts seem more bizarre; when with stands nothing really stands out as bizarre compared to everything else

How could one person's opinion be so shit?
>Unlimited possibilities is a positive aspect

No, it's fuel for asspulls and powerups that fanboys pretend is different than every other action series. Every fanboy thinks their series is special.

I didn't care for FMA alchemy until someone pointed out that Armstrong's Alchemy is badass because his stuff gets the least amount of those post alchemy papermache flakes.

That's some good minor detailing.

>- Blow air into his bones to make limbs bigger to make giant punches.
>- Blow air into his muscles to artificially steroid himself up.
These two just don't make any sense. He's not increasing the mass of his arms, just making them larger. Why do they have greater impact? Because his bones are more taught with Gear 3rd? That would barely increase the power, and the impact would be spread out over the increased surface area of the hit. And blowing air into his muscles wouldn't make his muscles stronger. The density and number of the fibers doesn't change, his muscles just look bigger. That would not affect his strength.

So why are the muscle and bone balloons useful? Lucci's very first observation was correct, there's no science behind 3rd/4th gear. At least second made sense.

It's okay user. Your just mad that your favorite shounen manga has a bullshit powerlevel system.
OP mentioning "unlimited possibilities" means the author can create diverse abilities based on the basic template of already established system and more usages of said abilities to apply in different situations/battles. They are the reasons why the battle outcomes are unpredictable but not because of asspulls.

FMA
>Clearly set rules that have foundations in actual science that cannot be broken without the use of stones, incredibly high-density energy sources, with no exceptions
>Allows abilities to all be highly unique per alchemist, but still grounded, as every character still has to follow the same rules
>Strict rules prevent any powerlevel spike bullshit
>The "realism" behind the powers makes them feel much more impactful since they seem more believable

Why is FMA so much better than OP and Jojo?

>It's okay user. Your just mad that your favorite shounen manga has a bullshit powerlevel system.
But my favorite is FMA, and that's not even a remotely bullshit powerlevel system. The only time any character has a power spike is when Al borrows a philosopher's stone.

Don't associate everything with OP or HxH's asspulls.

>but not because of asspulls
>not asspulls
>When discussing OP, HxH, or Jojo

Quick example,
>Luffy: By the way, I got this power during the timeskip. By the way, I also got this one. By the way, I also have this other one. Why did I never mention them, reference them, imply I had them, or use them in any of my previous encounters?
>There is no reason given ever

Gear 4th was some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen.
>By the way I have this super form that I never mentioned way stronger than anything else I have that I never felt like using when I almost got killed 10 times in the last month
How did OPfags defend that one, by the way? "Hurr Luffy's always been dumb"?