LOGH thread

Post the best lines from legend of the galactic heroes.

Does anyone have the gif where attenborough sneaks away?

Does anyone have the other scene like this?

Yes. Also have a webm of what you posted if anyone wants it.

/r/ing gif of the bra thrown at Kircheis

Thanks, Admiral.

The filenames make it so much better

Oh, nevermind.

She was a keeper

What the fuck just happened?

Whatever happened to supposed remake mentioned a few years back? Was it canned?

Weeks of built up stress from being a total failure caught up to him.

Next year, apparently.

I'll keep it on my radar. No matter the quality it'll be one massive shitstorm on Sup Forums when it drops.

>FORK COCK GUN

Hey look, a chink being racist.

He got this neural problem when there is too much stress there is a chance to suffer from physical consequences, in his case blindness

>mfw Fork's entire plan

Woah, I have to post this one.

I wish this series was longer

I love the scene where people take turns to talk to yang and he asks everybody, why the hell are they on his ship.

Or the scene where frustrated yang starts discussing battle plans with the cat.

Hahahaha WHAT THE FUCK?

The Magician did not return..

The Big Lipped Alligator moment of the series.

Seriously, this comes out of fucking nowhere.

Was it ever explained why Yang had bursts of casual racism?

Fuck this show was good. From an era where men acted like men, before the emergence of the androgynous fuckboy mary sue stereotype for protagonists.

Does it really matter in the long run? He was still a very learned and democratic man. He wanted the best for all people, even those he personally didn't like. A subtle repressed racism makes his steadfast morality all the more noble and his demise all the more tragic.

Just a running joke I think. This series didn't go for comedy, but whenever it did, it felt so lighthearted and fun.

pic unrelated

But for real. Given how wildly of the rails the Empire went when he died it's hard to wonder if they would have even gotten to the situations where they asked those questions.

What would have happened if he hadn't died? An early peace bid? The Empire falling to internal bullshit because autismo was kept out of the fold? What?

Attenborough's bantz were unreal. More writers could learn a thing or two about casual conversation and levity.

>before the emergence of the androgynous fuckboy mary sue stereotype
>one of the MCs is picrelated
1/10, made me respond
If anything, it birthed this stereotype. After that there wasn't a war anime without a fuckboy or two. And then entire casts of fuckboys - just look at Gundam 00 - or even girls/lolis.

The implication that Reinhardo is even close to a fuckboy is a reddit-tier meme. Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

If only kircheis was alive, there would probably be an entire different story. Like him having a child with Annerose.

I still think the FPA would still lose the war, but perhaps more characters, and population, would still be alive, because of Kircheis. I would think maybe even Yang wouldn't try to fight against the Empire anymore and just live in retirement if him and Kircheis became even better friends, and because even Yang or anyone can see Kircheis could even balance out Reinhard against Oberstein.

I wonder which role he would take over in the triumvirate that was von Oberstein, Mittermeyer, and von Ruentahl; or he would probably the most trusted retainer of Reinhard, after von Mariendof of course.

I always wonder how Kircheis would react to Terrarists and Phezzan, we never really got to see that.

denying the obvious is reddit-tier meme, butthurt LoGH-babby. Go find that pic of blushing girly Reinhard with flowers, because I can't be arsed.

LoGH is definitely an anime for manly men.

Context is a great thing.

Only real men can rock hair as majestically as Reinhard does. He looks regal as fuck

LoGH made me sensibe chuckle.

Damn, there are frames where he looks super girly, there are those where he looks manly, and even where he looks ugly. Another proof of how inconsistent and shit the animation, and even the official art, is. I hopoe the remake will give us a definitive answer, if he is a fuckboy or not. And, judging by the current trends, the answer will most likely be 'yes'. So prepare to deal with it.

But when he looks hot he looks rapeable as fuck, this is the only thing I can't deny. Though god knows I try to.

>“Lord Reinhard, Count von Lohengramm!”
>This time there was no need to bow deeply, so all those assembled turned their eyes toward the young military officer walking across the carpet toward them.
>There were sighs of admiration from among the noble ladies. Even those who harbored hostility toward Reinhard— to wit, the greater part of the attendees— couldn’t help acknowledging his incomparable good looks.
>His face was like that of a doll crafted from the finest baici porcelain, though his eyes were too piercing for a doll’s, his expression too intense and strong. If not for the emperor’s indulgence with Reinhard’s elder sister Annerose and the expression Reinhard wore at that moment, backbiting gossip of sovereign-subject sodomy would likely have been inevitable.

Mashengo was supposed to be Yang's personal bodyguard. Yang is resentful of having be bodyguarded and pushes him off on Julian though.

Mashengo being literally the only black dude in the show is just an unfortunate coincidence.

There were other black dudes in the Free Planets Alliance. They were all pretty cool dudes, generally speaking.

>just an unfortunate coincidence.
Yeah sure, merely coincidence.

And he was the single biggest fuckup in the history of the FPA.

Can you guys post the I'd prefer a failing democracy over a perfect autocracy one?

Forgot my picture.

I am legit impressed how the terraists used him that well, even with exploding his ship like that.

Still, i wondered no one tried to get on the side of the terraists? If perhaps one of the sides of the war said: If we win, we will make Earth the capital of humanity and shit.

You would get tons of support from outright madman

What the FUCK was HIS problem?

Wrong thread m8, his problem was his ego, also the fact that Guts came too late made see things a bit differently, had Guts arrived before he got castrated, it would be a manga about campy advantures of a warband in medieval times.

I wouldn't say the Empire went off the rails entirely

But it's clear as day no one could have any reasonable negotiation with Reinhard after that because he had no friends and was bitter about it, and the prince of autism didn't help either being even more cruel and ruthless than Reinhard was

Turhnit was the biggest fuck up

What was the deal with Von Merkatz?

He was loyal, he was smart

In matter of fact,he was a genius

He was a competitive old codger.

Well yeah i get it, but i feel like the story seems to wank too much its main characters.

He did fine aginst Reinhard, it just that Oberstein did the Oberstein thing and got the victory, i wanted to see him in a fleet battle aginst Yang.

>Spend all his life fighting the FPA and likely caused the death of millions of its troops
>Forced to fight for a tired, old, corrupt regime
>Get btfo by Reinhard
>Chooses rather fight for his long life foe, the FPA, rather than for Reinhard who had shown himself to be highly reasonable and gladly would've welcomed him

Just how Bitter was Merkatz?

does anyone have the everybody hates obernstine image?

He did it on purpose.

Mr. Single Biggest Fuckup here did it all through sheer incompetence and stupidity.

Even for a dedicated anti-authoritarian like me, it's impossible to deny both that democracy is a highly inefficient form of government, and that huge swathes of humanity will, it seems, always yearn for a strong man who will solve all their problems.

If you made an R63 LOGH, would you put Reinhard and Kircheis in minidresses with the usual imperial trim, or in a pantsuit like Hilda?

I don't like this guy.

As a commie, I feel I must disagree with you. Our kind of democracy is what is incredibly inefficient, which, in itself, is just a half-way compromise with the "strong men" caste. You elect a strong men to, supposedly, represent your interests. Whether he does or not, is completely different story. Direct democracy would be a lot more efficient.

The problem with direct democracy is the tyranny of the majority, of course.

Which doesn't seem like a problem if you're firmly in the majority, but is a preeeeeetty big problem if you aren't.

The problem of direct democracy is that media controls the vote. Be it state media or private conglomerates. Even so, autocracy is too risky in the long run.

>as a commie

That may be so in a capitalistic society, but this would be a non-issue in a communist one.

>>greentext

Only if a communist society somehow erases all the negative tendancies toward tribalism and fearing the unusual that humanity seems to have as part of its genetic programming.

Which I find unlikely. While it's true that the nature of a society can encourage its citizens to fight those instincts, to develop a better nature, communism, in and of itself, is little more capable of doing so than capitalism, in my opinion.

Just look at how various ethnic minorities, the religious, homosexuals, and a swathe of other such minorities were treated in any of the communist societies we've seen thus far. None of them have been appreciably better than virtually any other society, despite high-minded espousings of unity, fraternity, and equality.

I feel that direct democracy's flaws would take as great a number of generations to improve upon as modern day typical democracy's, all told.

Still better than autocracy, imo, of course.

But that's not a rocking chair.

>implying all the ideological trash would still be allowed to exist after the transition
>implying there has even been a stateless, moneyless and classless place in the world
Come on, man

>>implying there has even been a stateless, moneyless and classless place in the world

They're called "prehistoric tribes" user.

captcha: a paso humano

You mean the ones with a clear leader and authority figure?

Also, communism is industrial in nature. What you're looking for with that example is primitivism.