KIMI NO NA WA

>Makoto Shinkai's 'your name.' Film Earns 3.8 Billion Yen in 10 Days
>Film opened in Japan on 301 screens on August 26, is projected to earn 6 billion yen

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-05/makoto-shinkai-your-name-film-earns-3.8-billion-yen-in-10-days/.106120

Yeah... Koe no Katachi and Kizumonogatari Part II picked a bad time to be released in theaters now, huh?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VzBLUBczhXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Lol piecemeal compared to kizu. In 10 years people will be speaking of the Monogatari movies and no one will know about that film

>In 10 years people will be speaking of the Monogatari movies and no one will know about that film
I don't have enough smug anime faces in my folder for this post.

I just watched it this morning and it was pretty amazing - by far my favorite Shinkai movie now. The theater was packed on a Monday at 11 am, which is pretty unusual especially in this part of Japan.

Not really. Popular movies drive the entire box office up in Japan, so this is actually pretty fortunate for Koe no Katachi, assuming it gets noticed at all.

Really makes you think

when will nyaa torrents arrive

I wish there is a falseflag class so people can falseflag properly.

So it beat Madoka, GuP and live live?

>Koe no Katachi and Kizumonogatari Part II picked a bad time to be released in theaters now

yeah, kyoani fucked up in that department big time.

It will be really interesting to see what shinkai will do next after this financial sucess, maybe a Tv series with his studio?

FINDS
A
WAY

CINEMA
WHEN

TORRENT
WHEN

BD
WHEN

PLEASE I JUST WANT TO WATCH IT

youtube.com/watch?v=VzBLUBczhXA

I am really worried about KnK now. I really hope Kyoani will make much money from it, but this doesn't look good.

KnK is being backed by the government.

it's in a class with Ghibli and normalfag anime movies (Doraemon, One Piece, etc.), not movies based on late night anime.

As a comparison, that's around twice the amount that the Madoka and K-On movies had during their entire run, and it will surpass even the Evangelion movies if the 6 billion yen figure is correct.

idiot - it sold 150 million less than the Haruhi movie (680 million yen instead of 830 million), but it is their property.

It was good but overrated. Too many asspulls and coincidences.

It's in a class with Ghibli alone. Way above the likes of Doraemon and One Piece. That 6 billion figure was a modest early estimate, it'll breeze past it next weekend.

why is this normalfag? what is it about?
Girly romance?

well what options do people have for high budget movies these days?
>ghibli is ded
>hosoda has gone turbofur
>kon is ded
>who even knows what the fuck anno is doing with eva at this point.

on top of that, shinkai always makes fantastic movies. its not a result that should surprise anyone desu
not to mention his production values have surpassed everyone who still makes big budget anime movies.

>we get a kizu movie
>its split into 3 movies
Stop using monkey paws for wishes, guys.

What the fuck is this Keit-Ai bullshit?

Is this meme magic ?

Is this good?

something something normalfags will only enjoy movie

Like what?

So, when is it getting shown in the West (read: outside Japan)?
I would have zero trouble paying for it, and waiting for the BDs will probably take too long anyway.

Also, any news on Kizu II making the jump?
The first one got shown over here, but I missed the deadline for tickets.

>no news of a theatre screening in my country

Well, hope the Japanese embassy here picks it up for free screening, considering they just did:

>Anthem of the Heart
>Boy and the Beast
>Miss Hokusai
>Garden of Words

>Protip: Google it yourself

Kizu II in october

I dont understand

Are you one of the GuPfags? Cannot comprehend the Monogatari sales intellectual profoundness? You should watch Monogatari movies, its that good.

>being proud of doing worse than fucking 20th Detective Conan movie

In Europe or is that the US date?

CUTE

>Yeah... Koe no Katachi and Kizumonogatari Part II picked a bad time to be released in theaters now, huh?
I don't see how they are mutually exclusive. Its not like the nips can't just watch all of them.

Anyway on HelloTalk I've seen several normalfag nips posting about it. Nobody has really called it a masterpiece but its generally liked across the board.

Hopefully this means Shinkai actually put out a decent movie.

>pantsu + hand bra

oh shit

please release this movie here asap

pls

thought this was only a meme

Would hold her hand and take her out for a picnic wearing a sundress.

Also, Zenzenzense is every bit as good as Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari.

More?

>you won't see KnK, kizu, kimi no na wa, or even shin godzilla until the end of this year

upsetting

kizu is next month nigga

BD release I meant

I'd reckon most people can afford watching all those films if they are interested in them.
Kizu mostly fucked up by being split into three parts.

fuckin deep

here have 3.8 billion yen

WHEN CAN I WATCH THIS

Did they bodyswap?

What are all the movies coming out?

I know kizu, the deaf girl and what else

Yes.

That one World War II movie set in Hiroshima from Mappa.

They say the ending isn't happy...

Not all endings are, user.

Kizu and Godzilla are both next month.

Shinkai is trend. Everything under his name will sell. Anime industry is shit

It's extremely happy in the best kind of way. Like you'll cry tears of joy kinda happy.

>tfw gonna see this with my gf when it comes out
>tfw big baby bitch so I always cry at movies

man I don't want her making fun of me again

i want to drink her chewed sake.

WHY

Nope. See

>This is a love story between two teenagers as they frantically search for each other whom they have never met and as they are dwindled by the cruel reality of fate and circumstances. But the real question here is, "Was there really even a love story?".

I wonder why?

So do this have the usual bittersweet and incredibly unsatisfying Shinkai ending or should I actually bother?

It's okay Sup Forumsnon there will be others that will save the industry for better or worse.

They will give the industry of japan an ideal to strive towards. We will race behind them, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, we will join them in the sun, Sup Forumsnon. In time, they will help us all accomplish wonders.

How long until we can watch it? HOW LONG?

Most reactions say so. But they said it had the most happiest ending of all shinkai made

No. Shinkai stated in an interview that he actually wanted to make a happy ending for a change. So it's both a happy and satisfying ending.

Off the top of my head, teenagers having access to explosives, the two MC bumping into each other all the time, conveniently timed amnesia and some other stuff but that contains major spoilers.

It's an open ended happy ending.

>In 10 years people will be speaking of the Monogatari movies

Keep telling yourself that chap.

D E E P
E
E
P

He's right about that.

I actually don't think five centimeters per second has a sad ending. It's more a story of two people growing apart. A girl I once had something going on with just married, kinds of reminds me of that.

>access to explosives, the two MC bumping into each other all the time

wait what! Is this for real?

Why is the animation so good? Like this is even better than Ghibli movies.

Why don't you just check out some of his other movies and find out for yourself.

5 centimeters per second is also called 5 wallpapers per second. You'll find out why.

Background art isn't the same as animation you fucking retard.

I think erased didn't had a sad ending too

37 million dollars in 10 days. jesus christ that's more money than I would make in 50 lifetimes

This shit is supposed to be Shinkai's best work?

3.8 birrion yen is reasonabre!

>bodyswap
Into the trash it goes.

How much money Wind Rises, Kaguya and Marnie made from theater?

>Background art isn't the same as animation you fucking retard.

I didn't say that either. Read my post again.

外人様…はしゃぐの巻き。

If it can make 1 billion yen it would be very good.

Don't worry user, 50 lifetimes is about the number of people it took for the movie to be made, not just one person.

You'll end up pirating it anyway.

Shaft and kyoani, take this

Monogatari only have it's core fan-base right now.

>buying
>anime and manga

is this something new?
only time i can say i've payed for anime is when I've watched it on netflix

>pirating
>buying

>You should watch Monogatari movies

First movie sucked donkey balls. It was really really bad.

I've only watched Bakemonogatari season one and Nisemonogatari, but that movie was so bad in comparison it almost made me ill.

>Shaftblowers and KyoAnuslickers constantly bickering over which studio is better
>both get completely fucking destroyed by ComixWave and based Shinkai

Shinkai is trend now. He was niche three years ago.

>access to explosives
Yes. One of the MCs needs explosives for a plan.
>the two MC bumping into each other all the time
Only happens close to the end, not through out the movie or anything.

That's poorfag excuse. If you are an otaku you gotta pay sometimes.