Why do you like the cute girls and these moe types

Honestly, I don't get it.
What's the appeal of these moe girls and their archetypes?
In my opinion they just seem to distract from stories or are there for the sake of fan service.

For example the pick here could have been a great game about monster deities and heroes traversing the galaxy whist taking over planets, Instead we got moe blob bullshit.

Inb4 "this is a game go to Sup Forums"
It's honestly the only image I have in my folder, and this a good talking point.
I am speaking wholestically here, too many anime and games have been ruined by this.

What are your sentiments?

What is "moe"?

>I only watch deep and mature shows for deep and mature people like myself
The really intelligent people(like me) usually watch cute and silly stuff or silly stuff disguised as serious stuff, like GuP, Strike Witches, Active Raid, and usually keep away from pretentious shit

Don't get me wrong I like deep and mature shows.
But my inner twelve year old likes a good shonen/kaiju smack down once in awhile.

But this moe shit is totally off putting,

>reading comprehension

I am half asleep, sorry.
I just can't relate to these cute girls.
They are completely alien to me.
Monsters, transformations, and dinosaurs speak to me more so than supposedly charming girls.

Waifubait for virgin otaku

Wait for a few years till you grow up
Then little girls will speak to you more if you are a man

It's all about escapism.
Pretty simple to understand : people that have no interactions whatsoever with girsl in the real world have two choices : 1. To go find a girlfriend. 2. To watch "moe" stuff which is a simulation of what affection feels like.

I watched all the moe shows you can think of when I was 16, and now that I'm 19 and no longer a kissless virgin I don't feel the urge to watch it.
It's a replacement for real life interactions.
Why it is so popular ? You know it, life is shit, it's hard to find people in real life you can relate to, it asks a lot of efforts and a lot of encounters.

This is a game, fuck off to Sup Forums you utter mong.

>Instead we got moe blob bullshit.

Well I know what Im grabbing from my backlog for today.

Picked up

I watch cgdct with my wife

How, you know I'm making generalisations of my own experience.
I think a lot of people will "grow out" of moe-stuff once they find a girlfriend. But for some people it's just something that they like watching, but I would say that they are a minority.
Maybe I'm wrong you know I'm just some fucker on Sup Forums.

I actually grew out of shonen and deepmature stuff pretty soon.
All that remained were cgdct, retarded action girls and magical girls shows, and silly mecha stuff that only pretends to be serious

So you reverted back into a manchild?

>manchild calls others manchild

>waaah stop liking what I don't like
Yeah, you should go back to . You have the same mentality as them.

I'm the one you were responding to.
It seems some people think "cute girls" stuff is mature, but I watched only during my adolescence, I'd say it's just for taste reasons. But I will keep saying that you can replace those shows with interactions with real girls.

>It's all about escapism.
That could be the disconnect, I am not trying to escape, I just want to hear a good story and see some good art.

> I was 16, and now that I'm 19
Getting too old for this damn site I been here since 2003 when I was 14.
I got with girls late in the game, but I never really desired a girlfriend,.

>Why it is so popular ? You know it, life is shit, it's hard to find people in real life you can relate to, it asks a lot of efforts and a lot of encounters.

You gotta make the best of and strive to meet your goals.
That's why I liked many of the shonen tales growing, they were tales about young men who try there best to do what they need to do.

>you can replace those shows with interactions with real girls.
3DPD are nothing like anime girls. People like cgdct because they're chill, cute, and fun and you can jack off to doujins of the characters. How about you grow up and realize people like different things and aren't trying to replace some normalfag bullshit missing from their life's.

source: 25yo virgin

Cgdct appeals most to those who work themselves all day and are looking for something which is fun and cute and lifts their hearts.
For example:japanese businessmen
Its also the main reason suicide rates arent as high, it gives people a reason to live for

>But my inner twelve year old likes a good shonen/kaiju smack down once in awhile.
You can do the same with badass girl action shows with the added benefit of cute girls

Most of the girls you meet in real life are superficial, and thus not cute even the beautiful ones. But the first girlfriend I had was the cutest person ever, people would tell me that she had nothing for her, but everything she did made her cute as fuck in my eyes, and that's how I stopped watching cgdct. Because it was "better" in real life.
I respect your point of view, because when I broke up with this girl it was hard as fuck and it's still hurting me - and that never happens just by watching anime - but I tell you "3DPD" is a stupid term. There are girls out there that can make your heart melt like no fictionnal girl can do.
It's a life choice - will you hurt yourself on obstacles so you can experience love and passion, or will you escape from the difficulties and watch moe stuff ?

That's how I see it. I comprehend - because some people in this thread said that to me - that there are other reasons to watch it.

But still, love is to experience. It's great as fuck. And I was a hopeless permavigin at the age of 18. But I cut my hair, got myself new clothes, got ride of my social anxiety by training in real life situations, and got myself a girlfriend (who like vidya, anime, all the stuff you maybe like yourself).

"Love saves more lives than a freudian therapist" - I would say it's true about anime too.

That's what I was saying at first : cgcdt's main function would be escapism, in your exemple : escapism from your shitty everyday life as a working man.