What went wrong?

What went wrong?

It needed more yuri.

Cross Ange is not a series about yuri love, it is a series with lesbians. Get it right.

>no subbed festa event on the Sentai disc
Everything!

>It needed more yuri.
Accurate. It just needed one more episode with SoL antics and lots of lesbian sex.

I saw this pic several times, but it's the first time that I noticed the right side.

Who the fuck allowed a dragon in a dress.

It's okay, she's a race traitor. Meido is serving up rump of Sala.

Needed more Chris and Momoka

Sup Forums sings endless song when?

Tusk.

The second half in general. Dragon world went on maybe an episode too long, the Arzenal cast got shafted way too hard for Embryo and Tusk, Sala was almost completely irrelevant.

Still a fun show overall.

I don't know... really pushing that edgy angle wasn't doing it any favours. The characters being nearly completely unlikable. An outright pathetic villain in Embryo. Not a whole lot of mech action. Any and all problems that pledge Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and Destiny crop up here when Mitsuo Fukuda's involvement with Cross Ange was limited at best.

Cross Ange had many issues, the volume of Yuri content is the least of them among them (through the execution of such was rather lame).

>The characters being nearly completely unlikable. An outright pathetic villain in Embryo.

Lots of anime go overboard trying to make their characters seem likable. Cross Ange went overboard in the opposite direction, making them unlikable, and since that is easier to relate to than goody two-shoes paladins... I´m not surprised many, including me, liked them.

Half the main cast would qualify as villains or as assholeish party members in any other anime, but I like the characters in CA more than the ones in other anime.

I have to disagree. I've yet to find a main cast that I liked more than the Arzenal girls.

>An outright pathetic villain in Embryo
He could have easily won if he wasn't a horndog.
So yes, most pathetic non-Team rocket villain ever.

Never forget

This was when I realized there was no reason to take the show remotely seriously and just enjoyed the ride.

Wew boy, you should have figured that out after episode four.

I thought I had, but then when meido and Tusk "died" I thought maybe the show was getting serious again.

censorship

god that waas such a stupidscene

Not much.
They fucked up Embryo but the main cast was fun and watching it with Sup Forums was amazing.

Embryo was kinda nice at first. He was this playboy type of "know it all" villain. Pretty fun to watch. Then it turns out he was a waifu fag. That ruined him.

The fact that jailbait was a dragon the whole time and they just cut off her wings and tail and rolled with it.
Not sure how she ended up crossing over in the first place, do they have take your daughter to work days over their.

i unirrconically enjoyed the show.
better than NGE.

but i am only an oldfag with no taste

Cross Ange was simultaneously ahead of and too far behind its time

It cracks me up how even the promo art is QUALITY.

If this is how long it takes some people, no wonder Sup Forums likes Re:Zero so much.

At least there was some sort of explanation. Didn't bother me nearly as much as Tusk.

The cybernetic alpha dyke was too good for this prude and heteronormative world.

>Not sure how she ended up crossing over in the first place
Basically how this worked was:
Ange's parents were in charge of opening singularities. Somehow they managed to set this up so one end would conveniently open up in front of an unsuspecting flock of DRAGONs, and the other end would open up within a few miles of Arzenal. At some point they did this with a flock that loli Vivian was with, and she somehow survived the ensuing slaughter by whichever Arzenal squad showed up.

Vivian being a DRAGON wasn't what ruined the show anyways.

>What went wrong?

the staff was autistic

>I have to disagree
You are open to do that, but honestly I never found much entertainment with the main cast. Tusk was kind of bland, any progression with Ange was met with this compulsive habit of her being a dick about it. And then rest just kind of fade away as the show goes on.

I know that I am not the only one to note that as one of the many reason Cross Ange was a glaring disappointment (I have other words for this damn show, but I will be nice).

>He could have easily won if he wasn't a horndog.
Well, it's that and the fact that his ego about it is the size of the planet. There an angle of mystery that he had when his arc started as this smooth manipulator... and the wheels of that come off fast.
By the end of the show, the man is just a rapist.

Goddess

I fucking loved cross ange, I'm glad we god the retarded mess of a show we got instead of something that tried to tell a serious story.

Err, that's a pretty common artistic technique particularly when it comes to character design.

Yuri vs Vulvarape when?

It's strange because most people liked the show for the main cast and that banter between them. They are very much like real people instead of perfect waifus like in other shows. That's why they are likeable. I got attached to them personally a lot because I don't see them as tools of fapping, that is every female character in recent anime, but actual believable people.

A lot of the first halfs plot points were dropped in the second

She even cut her hair then grew out as Ange did. I like how everyone in the staff were so attached to the characters/story. Even though they knew it will fail, they wanted to make it.

no Embryo endless song

Replace Tusk in Cross Ange with Audrey, Eru Erufu, or Thunder. Or even stucco prez. Almost any V3 except Haruto would make for a better love interest than Tusk.

Who will win the erection?

Salami.

The blurays didn't even have tits so what was the point of it ever being censored?

They had tits. They didn't have nipples.

but wasnt he basically what Sup Forums wants to be?

I don't like that whenever a thread is made it's like mourning someone who passed away.
It makes sense though. We had the most fun while it aired, now we are the most sad.

The only thing that truly went wrong was that they never, ever released Embryo's version of Hikari no Uta.

>censored belly

BD ruined MARVELOUS face.

BD version.

I stopped watching when ange kept hitting and being a bitch to beta guy. Why can't japan understand what a healthy relationship is?

The dragon shit was unnecessary, too. I stopped watching after magic lizard world.

CrossAnge second season when Sunrise

So who else owns all the robots here?

>BD version has QUALITY eyes
Why?

King Records WILLS IT when they Inori Minase voices Serra in the next series

Wasn't it explained that he did some dumb ninja move: the log replacement technique or something like that?

I'm still annoyed about the BDs. Lazy bastards.

No s2 yet

Will she keep growing her hair out?

I seem to remember it was some kind of clothes swap at the last possible second. It was explained ed after the ED and was no less stupid than Meido's excuse. It was great.

I don't think it needed more yuri but Tusk just needed to stay useless, I didn't like him saving Ange and shit.

>QUALITY
>zola killed off before beach episode
>no nipples in bds

I miss royal pee.

>TV

>BD

That makes me angry. Why would they do such a thing?

Cross Ange vs Gundam Seed when?

Dem QUALITY hands.

In a month? Or maybe two, I don't remember when the game is released.

>left the atrocity of a face
>added clothing

Priorities.

Don't question Fukuda's genius, you plebeian.

Why didn´t she just use the frypan as cockpit protection??

Villain needed to win. It got really contrived after you saw him be in multiple places at once, revive people and all round gloat whilst demonstrating he could just teleport over and kill ange.

Shoe horned guy romance was unneeded. Do something with the princess aspect.

Did she have an arranged marriage lined up for her that she'd have to take for the sake of the kingdom? Was she okay with political marriages? Did she have some guy on her mind before everything went down? After landing on lesbian island she gets raped and just chugs along with it for months. No interest in romance or sex like the rest of the island, but when some random guy shows up she's all flustered and they eventually fuck.

It had more elements than it had to time deal with them. It tried, it was a fun ride.

She was meant to be the actual ruler of the kingdom so I doubt she had a guy arranged before. She fell for Tusk only because of Fukuda willed it. Or Nana. We might never know. It crippled the whole second half so it should have been left out.

The AngexTusk romance wasn't the problem with the second half. Hell, their encounter in the island and their beach sex marathon was cute as shit.
I think the problem came from someone (I don't even blame Fukuda because I've seen the same problem with lots of Sunrise shows) forced the writers to shoehorn classical "good vs evil" elements into the story.
Humans couldn't stop killing each other until they ruined their world? nope, Embryo was the one who used the RMs to destroy the world. The mana humans are ireedemable bastards and Ange wants to deal with them? nope, let's remove them from the story and making Embryo the source of all evil.

The romance was added after the last minute so it did ruin the schedule.

The original humans killed 90% of themselves and didn't stop so it was justified.
The manafags were hopeless though.

My point is, the show was heading into putting hard decisions and blood into Ange's hands, but during the second half they took away that responsibility from her, giving it to Embryo.
The writers weren't allowed to have Ange kill Julio, even when he deserved it. Same with Ange freeing Aura of her own volition, instead having it as a life-or-death decision.
The romance didn't bother me as much as those things.

Could this have been the Code Geass of the next generation?

>love interest
>implying L-elf would ever like a bitch like Ange

It's like you didn't even watch VVV.

Can you post the whole booklet?

Cannot unsee Hiro Yuri.

Shop him please.

That's on panda.

No, because it was delayed and even Code Geass couldn't be the next generation's Code Geass.

Chris isn't 6 feet under at the end.

Embryo. Shitty, pathetic villain. Not even interesting as a purely evil character. He added an unnecessary layer of complication to the plot. They could have done plenty with just the dragon world, especially when the show even went as far as showing that montage of Ange and Sala. But it got shafted in favor of Embryo's rape dungeon.

I don't mind Ange having a male love interest, but Tusk was just a shitty character and his romance with Ange was forced and obnoxious. Hilda was the better love interest, they could have made her a man and she'd still be better than Tusk.

Don't be so salty, Kaori.

What happened in episode 4 again?

Rosalie bullying.

We will never get the full version of Embryo singing Endless Song.

It wasn't even meant to be a real song. Get over it. I'm more pissed that there are actual background music that didn't get on the OSTs.

Should have been even crazier.

Embryo. And to a lesser extent Tusk.

I can not agree with this post any harder. CA had a lot of problems but the characters were written very well and got me super invested in an otherwise retarded show.

Salia best girl.

>Salia best girl.

Salia pleases old men for gundams.

I want a CrossAnge strategy based video game inspired by the StarCraft series.

Saliafags are the Jehova's Witnesses of the Cross Ange fandom.

>but the characters were written very well

I liked the CA characters, but please don't kid yourself.

Some of them were well written, like Salia, others not so much, that were defined by the VAs. The point is that the characters are well characterized, instead of being perfect hollow waifu dolls.

>like Salia
There he goes again.

How can such a reasonable user have such shit taste