Why do leafs get so autistic about the War of 1812?

YOUR FAMILY WASN'T EVEN HERE NIGGER

You get just as autistic about it.

>muh sailors

America won the War of 1812 despite their completely incompetent handling of the north-western front.
Pretty cut and dry stuff here.

Can't we just let Canada have this? America planned on taking all of Canada (yes, it was called Canada at the time) for Manifest Destiny, but got halted by Brits living in Canada and their British support from Europe. Are we going to undermine all American actions before we declared independence because we were still technically British?

The Americans were woefully unprepared for the war and could have literally lost everything. The Treaty of Ghent saved their entire nation.

Nobody won this, but there were clearly bigger losers, and it wasn't really them.

>could have literally lost everything
>The Treaty of Ghent saved their entire nation
Nonsense.

>Invaded Upper Canada 1814
>Occupation not repelled
>Left before winter
How do you figgure

>
Very little changed as a result of this war. America wanted to claim Canada, failed, yet didn't lose any of its own territory either.
I saw we should have a round of applause over an excellent war between everyone. No hard feelings.

>USA wanted to invade all of Canada
No, youLARPing leaf nigger living in Ohio. We wern't even a powerful country and had our own problems with states we already had (like Indian niggers) we just got sick of the Royal Navy kidnapping US sailors

The US wanted to conquer Canada.

They were repelled and got their White House burnt down.

That's a US defeat in any history book.

That's one of the most miniscule reasons for going to war, and that's why it the war wasn't predicated on it. You wanted to seize Upper Canada at least, that was the main reason.

Parrot the bullshit all you want though.

Because very little of the conflict was fought by Canadian militias. It was primarily fought by the Royal Navy and British regulars fresh off the boat from Britain. For example, the Burning of Washington, which Canadians love to tout, was literally fought by regulars that disembarked THE DAY BEFORE. It's akin to Americans claiming they won the Guatemalan Civil War.

I have never been accused of secretly being Canadian. This is really weird. They're not Jews, user.

Americans are hard fucks and get 100% respect for such an awesome fight

I completely agree. We got Andrew Jackson and a national anthem out of it. Fucking worth

Are you fucking retarded or what? We weren't even our own sovereign state at the time and acknowledge that British accomplishments are our accomplishments.

>very little of the conflict was fought by Canadian militias

There's University named after General Brock - Hero of the war of 1812, and like Canada, it's third rate institution.

When the only conflict you've ever won in the entire history of your nation is a little proxy war that you technically didn't even fight, you'd be defensive too

If you can walk, talk, and suck cock, you can go to Brock Sailors being kidnapped and litterally forced into service with a country we fought for independance is a small reason to go to war? Not everybody is as cucked as Canadians I suppose>Be britbong
>Try to burn down stone building
>Pile furnature outside instead and light it on fire
>Fire put out by rain
>"Burned down whitehouse"

>How do you figure
Well, there were the two failed invasions prior to that. The entire belief behind the invasions were that the British subjects living in the area would flock over to the US side when the invasions started, but that never happened and the Americans just ended up torching people homes and stealing their valuables. The 1814 Niagara campaign was more of the same. They took a fort, burned some farms and then retreated back to their side of the river not because of winter, but because they were running out of provisions and the Royal Navy had arrived with hundred gun warships. The """occupation""" was repelled by threat of force and by a lack of competence in the American logistics that was a feature throughout the entire war.

>Very little changed as a result of this war
You're forgetting about the Louisiana Purchase. The legality of that American land claim was in contention and the British were dead set against it. Had the British taken New Orleans and controlled access to the Mississippi River you can bet your ass that America's westward expansion would have been dead in its tracks. Instead, the British got their heads stomped in at that battle and lost any leverage they had.

>The US wanted to conquer Canada.
Yes, that's what they tell 7th graders who lack any sort of nuance. Good job.

>Sailors being kidnapped and litterally forced into service with a country we fought for independance is a small reason to go to war?
Yeah, it really is. Annexation of land is a far more worthy reason to go to war, and that's why the war happened.

I'm not denying it happened, I'm saying most governments at the time could give two shits. It was weak casus belli, American privateers for the three prior decades were raiding Maritime coastal villages and conducting piracy in British waters. We did the same shit. Grow up and stop having such a frail grasp on history and the motivations states.

All you niggers ought to read this book.

motivations of states*

>louisiana purchase
I guess I'm looking at it from hindsight. To me, Louisiana is rightful American clay, so I don't see halting an attempt on our land as a change in territory.

At the time it had only been considered American soil for about a decade and had next to no American settlement. Until 1815 its status was very much up in the air.

You left out that time Detroit was captured without a shot thanks to vague suggestions some natives might be coming and some farm boys larping as redcoats marching past

>vague suggestions some natives might be coming
You mean a very explicit declaration that the indians would be allowed to massacre the entire fort.

>leafs burn down the white house
Fast forward 200 years
>biggest cucks in North America

Hmmm, coincidence?

Ay bud, ya got a permit for that airsoft gun?

that's the joke