twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't use emoticons on Sup Forums.

>O.o
Stop that.

Should I use this instead?

Sure. That's perfectly Sup Forums.

Yes.

Or this

I'm pretty sure there are people on this board right now that won't even watch anime from the early 2000's because it "looks dated".

Early 2000s is not the same as 80s.
There's a huge difference.

I can't watch something that isn't in HD.

I'd say early 00's shows look a lot less appealing than 80's shows.

I'd agree, but only in general. There's exceptions.

>Early 2000s is not the same as 80s.
I didn't imply that, just that the logic behind not giving old shows a chance is the same for any era. People get used to current anime aesthetics and don't feel like leaving their comfort zone.

>I didn't imply that,
Yes, you did.
Early 2000s shows actually DO look dated. They're ugly. 80s shows on the other hand can be really pretty, if they got a good release.
Just focusing on the visuals, the early 2000s were arguably the lowest point for anime.

I'm not implying that's not the case either. Both are removed enough from current visuals to put new viewers off, that's the only point.

And early 2000s are off-putting even to people who have been since before the 2000s. That is my point.

>Just focusing on the visuals, the early 2000s were arguably the lowest point for anime.
That was the 90s

That's irrelevant since I'm referring to that period and everything before it.

How many shows actually look like that 90s version.

The 90s didn't originally look like they were mastered at 320p and colored in ms paint.
They just looked that way when you downloaded them from the internet because 30 MB per episode.

no duh, it looks like shit

Just late 90s.

Tbh late 90's to early 00's was the dark times.

dirty pair is trash

The 90s were the height of anime as an artistic medium. Both in presentation and rich story-telling.

>animes

Agree, studios were still learning how to draw anime digitally.

I only watch 80s anime I watched as a kid. It's kind of nostalgic.

youtu.be/gtTyWCjvSfI

Tried finding the second OP since it's the most 80s opening ever, but I couldn't find a good version on youtube.

Slayers.

I wish there were more manga from the 80s online.

>he didn't watch the BD

History repeats itself when studios think they can just make anime character into 3D models like that.

It's kind of funny when you think about it.

Do you find it funny when a child falls on her bum while she's learning to walk?

My friends with kids who snapchats it all the time do. Man many of my friends have kids now. I'm just hanging around with you guys.

That looks really good as a still. Would make a good video game cutscene.

Yes, I'm aware how bad it looks in motion.

Replace that traditional art with Disney

>That looks really good as a still.
That's the thing. CGI is almost always on-model (unless catastrophe strikes) - it just fails to look good when animated.

80s is meme 90s are better

CGI is only good when it's done with a high budget, like Pixar and Disney. Low budget rotoscope anime is not considered good.

If you count 1990-93 (the 80s-lite) as a whole decade maybe.

I just watched Nausicaa actually. It was pretty nice, though Mononoke was much more nuanced in its environmentalalist themes. Ordered the hardcopy manga too.

CGI can look great and even increas the experience. But we aren't at that point where mediocre studios can produce this well.

(you)

Too bad this isn't a video game. It's debated if the video game looked better than this one.

Agreed, couldn't even stand one episode.
Not that Megazone 23 is better.

So, any good 80s anime?

>(you)
I'm not sure why you think I'm trolling or what you think the troll is.

Pixar is creepy uncanny valley territory, to be honest.

I'm even sure who (you) are user.

Like music.

>He dosen't watch 70s anime

Smart man.

The one quoted right above the (you) maybe?
I guess you just have brain problems

I don't think anyone believes the 80s were better than the 90s for music.

I didn't watch nothing made before 2004.
Excluding the classics.

Only show older than 80s anime I've watched is Princess Knight, and I don't remember if it's 60s or 70s. I'd like to watch Kimba though, since it's mentioned in Shirobako.

>Nausicaa
I think that movie is worth watching just for seeing how it's inspired a lot of later media, such as Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger. Though I still think Laputa is Ghibli's best movie. Spirited Away is really overrated.

Neither were particularly good. More bad music was made in the 90s, though.

>I didn't watch nothing
I can see why.

Joe is the way to go, user.

Saber Marionette.

Laputa is a bit drawn out desu. I think Princess Kaguya is Ghibli's crowning achievement.

I usually just stick to films and OVA's when it comes to pre 90's stuff. Old TV anime is just too fucking long, I much prefer the one or two cour format modern anime use.

Joe 2 is what comes after.

80's and 90's tend to look fucking phenomenal when the masters actually get released at 720/1080 with a good encode
Shit like GaoGaiGar and Stardust Memory come to fucking life. Even G Gundam looks absolutely balls to the wall amazing in full detail.

>he watches anime that give girls important roles

I actually can't watch something if the sound is too shit.

Not saying much because there's like, 3 characters in that, but a girl is the second most important.

You got a problem with that?

Quick, claim your favourite 80's anime.

J-decker.
Honestly when I think of the 90s I think of nonexistant shading and really basic designs.

The '90s are the '80s of drawing styles in anime and manga.

look at these megazones

why are they so floof?

Robot Carnival

>there will never be a good continuation or spinoff

I really wish 80s and 90s OVAs/movies could be placed in the same situation as shitty B horror and slasher flicks that still manage to get decent BD transfers constantly.

Too many to choose from. I think I'm nearing the end of stuff to check out that's new to me, other than TV series.

Even the remakes don't seem to "get it"

Hokuto No Ken appears to have been lightning in a bottle, they just can't capture the same feel that the original series had

Shame they got too greedy and got random tools to churn out bullshit.

And now? We live in a world where people are trying their best to bury everything HnK ever was or could be.

Its sad the state this board is in.

>now
It's been like that for ten years.

Watched A Wind Named Amnesia last night and thought it was great, Sophia was absolutely stunning and one of the hottest girls I've had the pleasure of gazing at in a long time. Perfect seiyuu for her too. Very bizarre way for society to breakdown but cool concept.

nop I don't except for movies
80's animation was fucking atrocious for the most part

I bet you play games for the graphics as well.

>animes

link the thread on
where you want to discuss this
I'm not getting into an argument about 80's games on Sup Forums

>Cobra
Good taste.

Watched this a couple days ago, second episode had really ncie animation. But that ending was SHIT.

.. I got banned for three days when I reported someone shitposting about Yotsuba.

>Very bizarre way for society to breakdown but cool concept.

No, it was a horrible concept and very silly for an advanced alien race to even attempt to pull off. It actually pissed me off, despite being just a work of fiction.

Observing how human beings behaved after the regression seeing how the MC and that sickly boy dealt with it was the only interesting part.

>80s
Everything from before 1989 was fucking cheesy and cringeworthy

Late 80s- Early 90s were the absolute best time for anime, visual and story wise.

>Ranma 1/2
>Ninja Scroll
>Yu Yu Hakusho
>DBZ

>shonenshit
kys underage

>he doesn't watch anime from the 30's
a.pomf.cat/ikaeqm.webm

Fuck yeah, best slice of life I ever watched.

>DBZ
>better than DB