Godhand Theories

Could Godhand actually be defeated?

With abilities such as omnipresence, non-sequential understanding of past/present/future, reality altering abilities (when their own dimension is involved).
A few personal abilities limited to each specific character also exist.

Could anyone actually defeat such a group?
All we know is, when they transfer over to our reality (the one Guts&friends live in) they are limited to some rules that limit their physical abilities. However in their world, ideas and emotions are enough to change things as they are not limited to the limitations of physical exchange.
>ex a 5'8 man of x mass, can turn into a monster of much larger in mass
I'm assuming the only way that one of them could be killed would be in the case of Griffith who holds a physical body in our world or to use some means of destruction in their own world. Which would mean Guts making an adventure onto the other side.

The problem i'm seeing is thus,
Even if Guts kills Griffith/Femto and saves the empire and its people temporarily, Griffith will return to the ether and just become Femto again. They will bide their time and work their plots in the background and after another millennia a perfect situation for their plans will happen by again. At which point there will be no one to stop them and they will be able to merge the two worlds.

So is Berserk mostly pointless?
Is it like a Greek Tragedy, where the end result is ultimately a sad trivial win, but the greater loss still looming in the background.

Also to keep it interesting, which Godhand member is your favorite and why?
>Ubik
>he is the devil on your shoulder tempting you to sell your soul

The God Hand are not omniscient, their scope is massive, but they only perceive a general scope of the future, not the whole picture, they are vulnerable at temporal junction points, points in time that are in flux, which is why SK attacks the God Hand at those times.

SK also already has a weapon that can defeat the God Hand, his sword of resonance is supposed to entomb the God Hand in the vortex of souls, destroying them in their physical and non corporeal forms. But I'm guessing the God Hand are only vulnerable when they are in their full physical forms, which is why Skull Knight didn't attack Slan when he could have. And we don't even know if the God Hand are even present in Fantasia at the moment, we've been given four double page spreads of God Hand meme offs but no context, so who the hell knows.

They've also got the Idea of Evil to contend with, a being capable of controlling fate in the physical world, even if the God Hand were destroyed, what's to stop IOE from forming a new generation of God Hand 1000 years later?

My favourite God Hand member is Ubik, because of how much of a laugh he is.

Griffith has a plan to kill the rest ( maybe with guts unknowing helpq) and become sole king

>Implying Guts won't become some sort of God himself

Also in dungeons and dragons you have the blood war. So différent flavors of evil fighting each other for domination is an old and cool idea

Responding as I read each point.
>The God Hand are not omniscient, their scope is massive, but they only perceive a general scope of the future, not the whole picture, they are vulnerable at temporal junction points, points in time that are in flux, which is why SK attacks the God Hand at those times.
Yes, but Void in particular has such extreme understanding that he might as well be. The other members of Godhand ask him if he knew that SK would show up and he just kind of shrugs them off. His sudden reaction in creating a dimensional rift and deflecting SK's attack gives some merit to this.
His problem is not that he doesn't know which actual possibility will come, but he does know every single possibility that exist.
Meaning he situationally would be better prepared than Guts or SK ever could.
It's all a gamble and 99.9% of the time he would be right.

Even still, as I stated in my original post. Godhand would lose a battle on purpose if it meant winning one later on.
Since Void can see all possible futures, i'm sure he would allow a Godhand member to die and them be set back. If it meant a future where they do meet their goals exist.
It's very deus ex machina, would you agree?
Ubik has the ability to see past/present entirely which is the extent of his powers if I remember.

>SK also already has a weapon that can defeat the God Hand
Yeah it was made of the Eggs, which are creations from their world.
I'm going to say he is assuming a lot though. Since no GH member has been killed (that we know) he has little evidence to support it would destroy both their physical and spiritual bodies.
I get your point though.

>Idea of Evil
I believe Godhand and IoE are the same thing for all intents and purposes. GH just represents the physical (humanoid forms) that Idea can not since he is just that, an idea with no corporeal form.

The least part you mention though goes for more of what i'm talking about though in general.
cont-

Maybe off-topic but the Idea Of Evil appears to be the something like the Demiurge of Gnosticism, a powerful Evil God that rules the mortal world.

Assuming Guts or SK can actually kill a member of Godhand.
What is to stop GH from leaving our world entirely and resetting?
Waiting for a new member to come about, waiting for the right time and place to start the plan anew.
It's hinted that every single event in Berserks history has been created by GH.
The original empire, the current empire, hell even the Muslim empire was run by an apostle (who thought he was stronger than GH, but was just playing his part ignorantly).
The church was hinted to also be created by GH.
In this sense they are masters of their craft. They don't need to win against Guts, they could just let him die of old age.

I could see this, but I don't doubt every single member of GH has this plan also.
Void probably is the one using all of them.
Last time Miura was asked about the future of Berserk, he was quoted as simply saying "Void".
I have little doubt that Void will be a much bigger player coming up soon. If he is killed off somehow, much of GH's knowledge will simply vanish as he is the one moving the chess pieces.
Griffith would have zero power if he doesn't know what to do with his abilities, his role is simply to charm and influence others.

Slan/Conrad seem to be the most physical. With lust and corruption of the body.

Did Miura bite off more than he could chew?
Is this going to spiral down into some Naruto Shonen bullshit where Guts keeps getting more powerful from cheap means such as
this user posted.

I dont think the Godhands can trully die. Berserk will probably end with Guts and SK eternally fighting the GH and leave the world at peace

No, his defenses are impregnable. His style is impetuous. But if it's too much he'll grovel at your feet because he begs for mercy when he feels the heat.

>Did Miura bite off more than he could chew?
Wouldn't surprise me, my personal theory from years ago still stands, that Guts becomes a Madoka/Archer type character (a force of nature pretty much), eternally fighting the God Hand (pretty much a force of nature as well).

So another words another SK.
This story is one of those ones that repeats and goes on forever.
>Good vs Evil.
A new SK must come forth and eventually a new Guts type character will step up.
The cycle will continue and new members of GH will come forth also as the IoE is never truly defeated.

Seem about right?

I would say so. It's rather obvious that in Berserk, Evil isn't just an attribute but rather a force in and of itself. But for Evil to exist, there also needs to be Good (to make it clear: these are not necessarily tied to the attributes of good and evil, that we assign to individual persons or their actions) and that is where SK and Guts come into play.

I think many people overcomplicate Berserk and try to read more into it than is actually there.

>Is this going to spiral down into some Naruto Shonen bullshit where Guts keeps getting more powerful
he has a behelit
and he has it for a reason
maybe it's not fir him and he just carries it but who knows

I agree, this thread is just for Anons to speculate.

Wait, am I wrong in assuming that Behelit is the counts?
The one given to him by the crippled advisor at the start of the story?

Maybe Behelits can be used again, in which case yes Guts/Apostle theories could be right or really any character in the group could become an Apostle as that is the Behelits job. To travel until it reaches its true owner.

Before Fantasia, the Godhand were very much completely out of reach for Guts, but now that all of the astral planes have merged, they're on the same level as he is, and are "within reach" of his sword.

Additionally, with all of the magic residue on his sword, I'm sure it'll be able to damage them as well. I'm just curious to see what happens. I'd love for Guts to encounter one soon.

I haven't actually read berserk in quite some time but I do remember there being a panel, or a page, where guts says something along the lines of

>"You don't realize how much you miss something until it's actually gone..."

Please, if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Guts had a massive powerup from killing the sea god, he's gonna atleast be able to kill one of them.

>I'm sure it'll be able to damage them as well.
He damaged Slan at Qlipoth.

What are the chances that SK used to br a God Hand or some sort of powerful knowledge? What if Gaiseric wasn't being punished, but offered up a sacrifice? Also, what happened to Femto's predecessor?

>Also, what happened to Femto's predecessor?
Probably reincarnated the same way Griffith did a thousand years ago.