3-gatsu no Lion PV

Brand new SHAFT show airing in the Fall, finally a PV has been released. Unfortunately it has shitty 3DPD clips spliced between animation. Oh well, better than nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=3u6lyeC5jOo

>hanakana

Yep, this is the one there was a camrip of a couple days ago (or was it yesterday). Looks quite nice.

I actually am very fond of the pop-art/minimalist/contrast and lighting motifs in some SHAFT shows, but this is fine without it.

Oh no, a good seiyuu!

Based Shinbo.

The 3DPD won't actually be in the TV airing, it's just preview chatter.

Wait, this is being funded by the NHK?

Great. Another new shaft show, another year without madoka s2/mv4/new project.

...fuckin shinbo.

Kuno Misaki a cute.

>Great. Another new shaft show
>another year without new project

7 seconds in and it already looks like shit. That walking animation is atrocious. I mean, I shouldn't be surprised since it's NHK and they have no budget at all, but if the PV looks like this I don't want to imagine the amount of QUALITY we'll get.

What the fuck is this?

Most likely, which means it's not being funded at all.

I don't see anything wrong.

Doesn't look that bad
I like how it looks

Could you try any harder?

Feels bad, man.

I really liked this series shame it seemed to get axed

>Unfortunately it has shitty 3DPD clips spliced between animation.

It's SHAFT. What did you expect?
They're the kings of "hiding" low budget with "artsy" animation. How people can't see right through their phonyness and buy their crap is way beyond me.

It looks better than their usual animation gimmicks at least. Still don't understand why people have to be completely polarized on this studio either having the most amazing animation ever or looking like complete shit when neither is usually the case.

Way to prove you didn't even watch the video.
The 3DPD shit was interviews with the seiyuu, not actual parts of the anime.
But keep blindly grasping at straws to hate Shaft, it's amusing.

Are you retarded or something?

Not watching the two-minute video you shitpost about is poor form.

Looks better than Hibikek.

SHAFT wins again.

Why do you think a manga that has won tons of prices as well as got an anime and live action movie in the works would get axed?

I've watched enough SHAFT shows to know how they are. They've been doing the same things for years. They really need to get their shit out of the gutter and make some real quality instead of QUALITY.

The Kizumonogatari movie was the icing on the cake. It was so bad it was almost funny.

ending was rushed as shit. She pulled it off well but it still showed

What? It's still going strong. Are you confusing it with something else?

>I literally didn't watch the video and I'm defending that

>shaft
>22 episodes
I'll wait for BDs.

Is it true that this will be 4-cour?

2 cour.

Protip, judging a work by comparing it to whatever other studios are doing that season is fallacious. Nips in Japan don't fucking do that shit; they look at the individual and sub-parts of a production rather than main studios alone, because studios actually share work all the fucking time. For example an Ohta-directed moe comedy will probably be high or god tier no matter what studio did it.

Some specific in betweening scene you screenshot and go autistic blaming as solely SHAFT QUALITY could easily have been the hand of someone at A-1 or Actas or diomedea, or a huge menagerie of studios that don't fully produce anime but assist others with making it. There is a whole second layer of key industry studios you literally never hear on Sup Forums that generally, most studios employ. Does studio Ryubido ring a bell? Howabout Tulip? They did the backgrounds for the monogataris. Not shaft. The directors/producers/shinbo etc simply approved it.

SHAFT is very much like most studios in that it contracts out in betweens. Thus, the TV product is open to the same variation of whoever was good (or not so good) who happened to be available at the right place and time. If the better guys are booked and the publisher oligarch licenser refuses to wait for them to free up, or pony up extra money for those better guys, then oh well. Shaft can't do shit about that.

KyoAni is different in this regard in that they don't use that pool of contracts; their inbetweening is generally always Studio Blue. This is a South Korean animation company that KyoAni owns. So, much of this grand animation you praise from them is actually sweatshop Korean work to achieve that fluidity. SHAFT simply plays like all the usual studios does in contracting out to other nips. Now shut the fuck up about quality as if it's solely SHAFT's fault and comparing to KyoAni, because most studios including SHAFT don't have a Korean sweatshop in their back pocket.

tl;dr

Is this one of those rare shows where the anime is ending with the manga or should I go in expected some half-assed resolution?

But Eupho looks good too, and it won't have a messy production either

What were you replying to?

>Shaft anime
>characters are actually MOVING

Clearly fake.

>Nips in Japan don't fucking do that shit; they look at the individual and sub-parts of a production rather than main studios alone
Nah, nips do tend to care more about the actual staff but they're full of studiofags too.

Which role is she taking on? The older sister?

Is this your first Umino Chika series?

The manga isn't even close to ending. 22 episodes will probably only cover half of what's out so far.

The middle sister Hinata. Big sister is Kayano Ai.

bump

>SHAFT
>2 cour
>Already crap animation in the previews
Oh man, I can't wait for this production disaster that's just waiting to happen

so are all the threads for this gonna be nothing but studio wars or what

either way, im looking foward to it nice to have shinbo actually directing and the show looks cute enough

probably in the future, who knows? knowing this is a nhk anime and the manga is popular, sequel is almost a guarantee

>Sangatsu
>ending

This isn't Honey & Clover.

see you at bd release

Vocal cast is shit. At least I didn't see any headtilts in the PV.

The shitposting should end after a month or so

>Shaft not using the same style they have been using inevery show for the last 7 fucking years.

What a time to be alive.

>I've watched enough SHAFT shows to know how they are.
What, one?

>Osamu Tezuka Cultural Prize

>Koe no katachi (2011~) Kyoani_2016
>scored 11, 2012

>Silver Spoon (2011~) A-1 pictures_2013
>scored 24 (6+8+10), 2013/2014/2015

>March comes in like a lion (2007~) Shaft_2016
>scored 31 (9+11+11),2012/2013/2014
>Grand Prize 2012

Thanks.