Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pYlS2yms8gs
youtu.be/IH0wPIvMcXA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Animal Crossing
Wait, what?

youtube.com/watch?v=pYlS2yms8gs

>7-8, maybe 10 shows max in 06 that are notable in retrospect
And that's only because supposedly they're good and well liked. I didn't like a whole lot out of that season besides Galaxy Angel.

I'm planning on starting at least 25 shows this coming Fall. Even if I drop 20 of them it'll still be a better season to me than fall 06.

If you're one of those faggots going "hurr only 1 show to watch, only drifters or 91 days or whatever is MANIME enough for me" then take a hint, the season doesn't suck, your taste sucks and Japan doesn't cater to it. Bitching at us won't change this; leave the board if you don't like it.

>Kenichi was 10 years ago

Oh, also Bartender. GA and Bartender were alright. Geass was just getting started, and the first half of Death Note was a huge hype train for the board.

CG is looked back at fondly now but it was fucking cancer supreme back then. Everyone blamed Geassfags for ruining the board in 08.

Is Time Travel Shoujo any good? Pretty cute premise anyway.

Fall 2006 was shit, the only decent things from that season was Bartender and Paprika. Diebuster, Geass, and Tokyo Tribes are some of the worst anime I've ever seen.

You still remembered that 7-8 are worth watching. How many of the next season will you be talking about in 2026?

> Paprika
> only decent
You aren't even trying user.
did you watch Black Lagoon ?

>Galaxy Angel Rune
Nothing will be as bad as that. It killed off a franchise entirely due to how bad it was and basically gave everyone the wrong idea on VNs too.

Anime and manga is expanding than in the past. Seems more artist and writers are graduating this year.

>showing movies for 2006
>not showing movies for 2016

Nothing.

>ywn experience goosh goosh first-hand with Sup Forums

Feels bad

I don't know, let's see how the season turns out. If people are trying to declare a season shit before it starts, ignore them. Same goes for trying to wrap up 2016 before Fall is well and done. Many years look pretty mediocre (or worse) until factoring in Fall.

It's the worst Kon work, far from bad but nothing spectacular.
>did you watch Black Lagoon ?
Nope, it looks like just another dumb popcorn anime. Is it good?

It's a dumb popcorn anime, it doesn't stop it from being fun though.

> hates mindfuck masterpieces
> hates popcorn shows as well

why bother watching anything ?

It is a good dumb popcorn anime. Watch for the guns, action, cool posing characters and some thin international political premise.

And since you said it was shit, I'm sure you didn't watch 009-1 too. try it if a more serious spy/action appeal to you.

let's see what I watched 10 years ago.

>Asatte no Houkou
>Bartender
I still didn't finish it, but I like the tone of the series
>Brighter than the Dawning Blue
Prepare for QUALITY
>Busou Renkin (that opening)
>Code Geass (dropped)
>Death Note (dropped)
>Happiness!
It has Haruhi, you must watch it. Not Jun, Haruhi.
>Hataraki Man
>Kenichi
>Kanon
>Kekkaishi
>Megadere
>Negima!?
>OtoBoku
>Pumpkin Scissors
>Shounen Onmyouji
>Shouko no Strain
>Sumomomo Momomo
>Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi
>Tokimeki memorial - only love

why did I have enough time to watch them all?

>Code Geass (dropped)
>Death Note (dropped)
> no Black lagoon
> Seen pretty much everything else

Are you still that contrarian today ?

>How many of the next season will you be talking about in 2026?
How the fuck would we know? It hasn't even started yet.

fujos

Nostalgia goggles being too tight. code geass was SHIT and Sup Forums was literally a reddit-lite hugbox back then, Im glad those times will never return. NEVER.

That's because you don't know how to have fun with Sup Forums and prefer to be a salty old cynic.

You'll die in two months with that attitude.

Now see this isn't fair at all. 2006 was one of the best years of modern anime with Fall being a peak season.

20 YEARS AGO

I don't see your point. The only good thing in either season is Cod Goose.

Anime studios pandering to the filthy otaku and fujoshi. Then again, moe girls are made by men.

Fuck, guys, the current season is so shit. Twenty years ago this month we could have a grand four TV anime, one of which I've heard of! Anime is dead.

>he hasn't heard of Aka-chan to Boku

youtu.be/IH0wPIvMcXA

>Summer 96
>KochiKame
>shounen sports adaptation about highschool male gymnasts
>shoujo SoL about a highschooler taking care of his otouto
>kids' show about anthropomorphic animal elementary schoolers
I sure miss the old days of manime.

duno for some reason there are many moe anime this year.

I'd be looking forward to fall 1996 instead of 2016 any day.

> Nadesico
> You're Under Arrest
> Black Jack movie
> Testsuwam Birdy
> Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team

Spring was obviously better,
> SLAYERS NEXT
> ESCAFLOWNE
> Kodomo no Ocha
> MD. Geist 2

Summer was as bad as this year's though

But If you look at the ratios good/overall production, it's distinctively higher in 1996. The number of good shows is stable overall, but there is 10 times more garbage is produced today.

>MD Geist 2
What. Have you actually seen Deathforce? It's fucking awful.

>he didnt like deathforce

Have you been on ANN/MAL for a longer time than Sup Forums ? Both Geists are greatly excessive and entertaining each in its own way.

>Have you been on ANN/MAL for a longer time than Sup Forums ?
Not him, but a large majority of Sup Forumsnons I've seen mention Deathforce shat all over it.

It was pretty much more Geist except with a smaller budget and more edge. Its biggest flaw is that Giest never dons a pair of shades

I see only two (2) good series in the 2006 chart, what the fuck was your point?

Every time I see these comparisons, it boggles my mind how anyone can even say anime used to be better with a straight face

2006 really was a solid year.

Pic semi-related. 2000-2008

Hardly. The fact that its greatly entertaining alone puts it ahead of 75% of other anime.

Evangelion happenned.

>all those video game OVAs

Judging from video game adaptation I've seen; probably terrible, but cool none the less.

It's "school magical bus" but with time travel.
If you want kids educational cute show, go for it.

>The fact that its greatly entertaining alone
>alone
I'm confused, what else is there?

There is nothing wrong with that sentence structure.

Unless you're just asking if other anime exists aside from MD Geist 2: DEATHFORCE. In which case, yes, there's also MD Geist 1 and Words Worth.

I'm asking what there is for an anime besides being entertaining. Being greatly entertaining is basically the goal, so the use of "alone" puzzles me.

I'd give it extra points if it looked particularly good (it doesn't) or had good animation (it doesn't). Those sorts of things are certainly tie breakers.

I'd just call those subsets of entertainment, but I guess you're using entertaining to describe the story/content/"what happens" specifically?

Getting into awfully pedantic territory here, but yes, I wasn't including any of the artistic merit of MD Geist 2 in the discussion, though that could also be classed as Entertainment, sure.

I'd also say that it doesn't leave much emotional impact because it isn't possible to become invested in any of the characters. I wouldn't say it is brainless though, because the audience is pretty much required to fill in almost everything that's happening.

>Strain is JUST 10 years old
literally HOW. The animation was dated as fuck.

It finally happened, people are having nostalgia for the 00s.

>Code Geass was 10 years ago

>no harem next season
So I guess they're starting to die out.

>death note came out a decade ago

The mere fact that it would be impossible to make things like Apocalypse Zero and MD Geist today, makes it better 20 years ago.