Saint Seiya - Hades

Let's have a continuation of the last thread since it's the final volume and all

Other urls found in this thread:

dvdbd.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/聖闘士星矢
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Which version do you like the most?

Honestly I can't help but feel the anime makes armor look really cheap.

I personally don't think we should be so reticent about making new threads if the previous ones hit bump limits, there's never enough activity for them to be shitposting general and we've seen threads just flat out die if the discussions are going nowhere

Since it's not the case with this thread I'd see no problem with people carrying over the discussion as they hit bump limits, I did see many previous threads where discussion was flowing time out and no one take them over because of some sort of fear that you can't make SS threads without devolving into circlejerk general or something.

Either way postan Saint Man X

Posting again for cancellation discussion

it didn't fail.
It underperformed.

>>You see, in Saint Seiya when Kurumada presents Shaka as this beast that will kill you if he opens his eyes it just werks, he hypes you up with that.
>
>Shiori repeats stuff Kurumada did, but it's just not cool when she does it.
You really took the worst possible example, as there is no focus on Asmita opening his eyes in LC, for obvious reasons.

If anything, it can feel like a fix-fic for some Golds- with them being too similar at the originals but without their "defects" but when you have Golds with markedly different characters like Kardia(he's completely different from Milo) it's no good anyway.

And it's less "Gold Wank" and more "there is no real reason for the other character do do anything because the difference in power between Golds and other is too big"

I do agree, though, that a number of characters were wasted.

The anime dying killed the series. See how it goes down after that.

For Seiya they should just have used the second armor, it already looks perfect for Mega Man.

He should have put on his helmet, Athena can't beat him if he is invisible.

>it didn't fail.
>It underperformed.
Isn't that sort of splitting hairs? It wasn't profittable enough to make more seasons

I prefer to be precise whenever possible.

There is a substantial difference, after all: an underperforming anime might get picked again later with a lower budget(don't keep your breath, though), a failed anime it's... very unlikely at best.

>You really took the worst possible example, as there is no focus on Asmita opening his eyes in LC, for obvious reasons.

It's not about the exact same thing, it's about the fact that Kurumada makes silly things cool while Shiori tries to do stuff and it doesn't feel cool. Like, her OC Mephisto, he was a "fun" character but he didn't fit in Saint Seiya at all.

Also you quoted 1 line of my entire post

Because of what user said, first of all the story and characters.

You see, in Saint Seiya when Kurumada presents Shaka as this beast that will kill you if he opens his eyes it just werks, he hypes you up with that.

Shiori repeats stuff Kurumada did, but it's just not cool when she does it.

The faceplant, maybe at the beginning you feel like "well this is repeated a lot" but then it just "really makes sense" in Saint seiya for characters to be faceplanted. If Shiori does it, it just doesn't feel the same.

The most important is the hot blood, Kurumada manga is hot blooded(well except B't X that has hot blood but also strategy and chess matches), when Seiya spouts his cheesy lines it doesn't matter to the reader, he just feels alive, when Athena talks about love she feels great to read. When Shiori doesn't it just doesn't feel like Saint Seiya, maybe the generic shonen manga designs don't help either, like when in the original someone cries you see it like a river falling from their eyes, it's silly but it fucking works.

>As Kurumada stated in early interviews, the Heaven Chapter will serve as a bridge to the final chapter of the manga, the chapter of Cronus and Rhea.

ND is gonna end in like 20 years isn't it

are you telling me... LC is a different manga than the original Saint Seiya? With different aesthetics and all?

PREPOSTEROUS!!!

Hades saga it's finally Ogre. What's next? Next Dimension? Episode G or Saintia?

Is Saint Seiya the series with the most figures, and with the most different figures' versions? Without counting stuff like Gunpla.

No, user asked why LC failed.

I told him that it doesn't feel like Saint Seiya while trying to BE Saint Seiya, so the Saint Seiya fanbase might not really like it.

I don't know but Myth Cloths get a new version all the fucking time.

And since this is a Hades thread:

LC was a success, 25 volumes+16 Gaidens+26 OVAS.

the OVAs underperformed most likely because the fan of the original series who bought the Hades OVAs weren't interested in them.

But the fans of the anime aren't necessarily the fans of the manga. Fans of the original manga might well have liked it: we don't have data about that.

Define failure
The LC manga did great in Japan (that got 2 manga, with 41 volumes in total), the anime didn't, but neither did Omega or Soul of Gold.
If a ND anime was made today, I highly doubt it would do well.

So, as far as manga goes, LC was popular among the Saint Seiya fanbase (at least the Japanese one, which is the one that matters because, you know, Latin Americans don't buy anything).

Kurumada said last year that it would last at least 10 years.

>As Kurumada stated in early interviews, the Heaven Chapter will serve as a bridge to the final chapter of the manga, the chapter of Cronus and Rhea.

I doubt Kurumada will follow with that plan now, he will probably just end the "save Seiya" current arc as stop there, he is not getting any younger and he seems to be sick of saint seiya already given how slow ND goes.

Tenkai-hen Second Chapter when?

Athena looks great too

Saintia's ongoing and moves too slow, ND has too few good english scans and Episode G isn't completely scanlated either

I don't think it's even close, the releases are pretty stalled at this point too

It does get a ton of variants though since it's cheaper to just use the same molds and change the colors to the original manga version

>but neither did Omega or Soul of Gold.
I think getting 96 episodes sort of rides against that notion. It wasn't a breakthrough success but I really doubt they'd keep ordering more cours if it was just bombing. And Sunday morning anime never sell in Japan, even the actual money makers for Toei like "Whatever Pretty Cure is Airing" don't.

Soul of Gold sold more than LC anyway - and less than Meikai and Elysion. No, don't ask me.

But just like you can't judge sunday morning shows on the disk sales alone it's a secret to nobody SoG only existed to sell the new Cloth Myths (and these are selling)

>but neither did Omega or Soul of Gold.

I don´t know about Omega, but SoG is an low buget ONA made with the only purpose of advertising the Gold God figures, which sold good, so it was a success.

I think he's just injured

Not him but LC failed with Myth Cloths too, merch didn't sell.

And LC has lower reception than ND, despite ND being published once every holy war

>and less than Meikai and Elysion

Wait, did they actually sold well? I thought everyone hate them and people only bought Sanctuary.

Also, Omega and SoG were called a success by Bandai.

Well, they did start with Tenma's v1 which nobody cared for. It kind of killed the line at the start, Kagaho did better but it was too little too late-

I also suspect ND has a higher reception BECAUSE it slow publishing

they sold enough, and were on a very strict budget so they made a gain... but they were anything "successful": Elysium was basically made to complete the series-

the Sagittarius New Cloth is totally Seiya's God Cloth ver.Sagittarius

>he is not getting any younger and he seems to be sick of saint seiya already given how slow ND goes.

I don't know if Kurumada is 'sick' of Saint Seiya (though we all know it's the ongoing meme that he is) but I think his other works all have a lot more 'soul' in them generally than SS.

SS brings home the bacon but if you compare it with series like RnK and Otokozaka, hell, even Sukeban Arashi which Kurumada said was still more heavily edited than his other works, it just feels more 'alive' to me

Meikai and Elysion sold 5000 units on average, which was a 50% drop from the Hades Sanctuary average. So even if they "got it out the door" they basically lost half the audience.

Hades go rekt like a bitch.
And my wife Pandora is dead to boot.

>Also, Omega and SoG were called a success by Bandai.
>Omega

Didn´t Omega´s Myth Cloths flopped hard?

My Goddess

>SoG is an low buget ONA made with the only purpose of advertising the Gold God figures, which sold good, so it was a success
Do you have any numbers?

The Cloth Myths flopped, but Omega helped boost the sales of the SS franchise as a whole and the first season had a whole damn lot of merchandise like bath towels and stuff

Toei/Bandai (either or) did say it was a success and said the PSP game performed well too

No right now, but I remember reading that preorders always sold out really fast.

聖闘士星矢 黄金魂 -soul of gold- 【全6巻】

01巻 3,970枚
02巻 3,698枚
03巻 3,388枚
04巻 3,547枚
05巻 3,428枚
06巻 3,509枚

>dat little butt peek

聖闘士星矢Ω 【全13巻】Omega
01巻 *,*** 
02巻 *,*** 
03巻 *,*** 
04巻 *,*** 
05巻 *,*** 
06巻 *,578 
07巻 *,424 
08巻 *,428 
09巻 *,*** 
10巻 *,451 
11巻 *,379 
12巻 *,393 
13巻 *,453 

why is the Saga EX figure so damn expensive? Is the knockoff worth getting?

Omega1 performed well enough to justify Omega2(which wasn't planned until the Omega1 staff was already working on the final episodes)

Omega2 didn't perform enough to justify Omega3

have a source
dvdbd.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/聖闘士星矢

Basicallo SoG sold more than LC but less than Hades.

Post-Sanctuary Hades got a _4K_ drop, stabilizing at ~4k which is less than half than Sanctuary.

Omega sold like shit, to nobody's surprise: sunday morning anime aimed at kids rarely sell much brd\dvd. I'm sad they never made a box for Omega1.

Surprisingly, Tenkai sold A LOT- pity it bombed at the movies

I THINK it's because it was one of the very first EX figures so there's probably no reissues.

>Omega2 didn't perform enough to justify Omega3
Makes me wonder if they tried to keep merch like S1 did or actually advertise the Cloth Myths during the morning slot they'd done better. I'm sure they'd still reasonably bomb but maybe it could have improved.

I also wonder if they didn't go on with that because they were already eyeing LoS as their next best thing and way back during the years of preproduction they had already said their aim was to make a TV series out of it had it performed well, so it wouldn't do to have two series sort of competing with each other for sales (Marvel tends to do the same axing whatever cartoon is airing if it doesn't match their SYNERGY).

Then again if LoS had done well we'd know by now

Ikki is the same too

>>Makes me wonder if they tried to keep merch like S1 did or actually advertise the Cloth Myths during the morning slot they'd done better. I'm sure they'd still reasonably bomb but maybe it could have improved.

I have no idea what the hell they were thinking with the merchandising management.

I suspect they originally put only a mandatory effort in merchandising because they didn't think Omega could be much of a success, being mostly a anniversary series.
Then it got quite successful and they tried to bank on it with Omega2 with the Cloths made by Bandai for the Myths but messed up everything not understanding what made Omega successful

are all the anime apart of the same canon or are they all different

Anime is it's own canon.

The original tv show, the Hades OVA, Omega and Soul of Gold are all part of the same canon.

The first four movies are just random stories with the original anime cast that fit nowhere in the continuity, like the 90s DBZ movies. The 5th movie is a dropped sequel idea to Hades. The 6th movie is an extremely different retelling of the Sanctuary arc.

Lost Canvas also is separate. Although it's a distant prequel to the manga and doesn't really contradict the anime yet, since they haven't gotten around to adapting Next Dimension.

I still maintain that first season of Omega was quite decent as a sort of "thing you watch every week for fun" show. Not the greatest ever but decent enough. The second season felt really really off though

Yep, Pandora> Esmeralda, she wouldve been the perfect waifu for Ikki.

Esmeralda could heal him

Ikki doesn't need healing, he can self resurrect.

his kokoro

I imagine Saintia Sho to be a really fuckin horny girl for some reason. Whenever I see her I always think "she masturbates everyday".

she doesn't because she put her energies in training first in karate then in becoming a Saintia.

She'd totally masturbate many times a day were it not for that.