twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's a meme manga favored by reddit

I doubt more than 1% of reddit has read joe

>I don't like
>it's from reddit

What a mongoloid you are.

You are a fucking tard

all owned

I'm watching it now 66 episodes in and all I can say is FUCK THOSE STUPID BRATS APPEARING EVERY EPISODE
Spent hours just watching them yell JOE JOE JOE JOE ANIKI or doing some other stupid shit
Other than that it's really good.

>mentioning reddit to criticise a series
You truly are feeble.

MAL core

the first few volumes can feel dated, but otherwise it hits the highs just as well comparable sports series

also remember that this came out when japan was recovering from getting nuked so it resonated on a deeper level than standard childrens comics

overrated shit

>implying that was me

Why are the scans so impossibly cancerous? I honestly don't want to keep reading it because of this. I know they get better eventually, but fucking really, nobody's redone these volumes?

Why would you do this, whoever made them in the first place? Why would you make these? Just put the fucking TL next to the raws if you can't do any better.

It's an anime worth remembering

ttgl ripoff

therefor confirmed for bros

read hox scans, user

I just watched this and I spent the entire series repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 episodes it was so painful.

>Ayy epic retro boxer lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

These were the only ones on MK. What the fuck, MK. Pretty sure they rehost other Hox stuff.

>Not Ippo

What's the best rip of Ashita no Joe 2?

How much of this post is ironic?

mega.nz/#F!85lkyQ6J!8a_L91V3WuVFAvdZb18urA

Manga or anime?

The manga is a masterpiece and has aged amazingly well. It's incredible that modern sports shounen has yet to beat it, whereas classic battle shounen like HnK has been outdone several times over. I guess that's what happens when a series is influential for it's quality rather than the tropes it popularized.

>reads left to right
Seriously?

Leave.

>shonen trash

He's cute

>Joe isn't shonen
What did he mean by this?

Overrated shit old people latch on to. Ippo has always been the superior boxing manga.

only at the start, switchs groups a few times before hox gets it about a quarter through and finishes it.
The first group were pretty bad though

I only read Joe last year, and I tried getting into Ippo afterwards but couldn't really

Joe is a gekiga shounen specifically.

I'm annoyed that he has that hair.
Doesn't the author know that hairstyles like Joe's heavily impedes the boxer's vision?

Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll use the Blu-ray masters, so that I guess.

Personally, I like the anime more. It adds a lot of content which makes the series much longer than it originally is, but as far as i'm concerned that's a good thing since that added content never felt like filler and did a great job at building on the already established story & characters. Osamu Dezaki is also just a great director, and Ashita no Joe 2 is my favorite of his work.
On the other hand, I know a lot of people like a faster paced series that they can get through quickly so the manga rules in that regard.

Can someone tell me what the fuck happened to the weird doctor? was he a filler character that was dropped on the new joe?go the lunch treatment and was forgotten?

Yeah, that was an anime original character.
I assume the anime scriptwriters figured out where the whole story was heading with its ending and dropped the doctor character before it was too late, since him not noticing Joe's punch-drunk symptoms would have been strange.
Him and Suga are also the only two recurring anime-only characters too interestingly enough.

This will never be a meme, no matter how many threads you post this in

I remember