Awesome fights in Sup Forums

Post any anime or manga fights you love and defend why it's a good action scene.
Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WfSdCSM9s9k
youtu.be/2hEjVKlU_o8?t=1m40s
twitter.com/tomokin2012/status/772309977448931329
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Pic unrelated.
chuckled longer than i should have.

Even pokemon has surpassed that level of animation in this day and age. 3/10

>Trunks cucked Vegeta

AHAHAHAHA.

Will manletfags ever recover? Trunks appeared and he already has more screentime than Vegeta, doing actually useful stuff unlike Vegeta

It's a twist you didn't expect at all.

Where is this from?
This can't be DBS, this has animation in it

Best fight

He was a formidable opponent after all.

Her cure-fu is stronger than his kung-fu.

Twintails are justice.

Just like on my D&D 4e tabletop games.

Because marshmallows are serious business.

your figurines have an ass like yume's too?

War robots fight in a peculiar way.

youtube.com/watch?v=WfSdCSM9s9k

That's my player's job to get a figurine that is nice to look at. I only forever GM.

name of the series?

Nakamura's work in Concrete Revolutio was weird.

"Cool Japan: The Anime"

And what Satan underneath you wrote.

It's rather satisfying if the bad guy at least looks threateningly competent, even if the protagonist later overwhelms him like nothing.

This was Gainax at its finest.
Nekopaw-missiles molesting big-breasted little girls is why adults still watch anime for little girls after all.

>dat jelly body

Because power armor is cool.
1/2

Wow is this from a movie, or does the show actually look that good?

And as is standard, there must be a cool finishing move to end it.
2/2

You gotta ask in the precure-thread for details.
I got that webm from the occasional webm-threads here on Sup Forums, just like this one.

What are the chances of this Nakamura guy working on one of Toei's projects?

sauce?

Because JUDGEMENT OF JUSTICE is how one should always finish an opponent off who's pinned on the ground by your flunkies.

i miss gainax so fucking much

Very low, he's contracted to Bones so he very rarely works on other studio's productions. The last non-Bones show he worked on was on an Aikatsu OP where he did an uncredited breakdance sequence.

Ojisan to marshmallows.

He was on OPM, but otherwise, you're right.

This awesome show nobody fucking watched.

>youtu.be/2hEjVKlU_o8?t=1m40s

>death lazers and rockets
>lets try and punch this guy

Ehhh. To much naruto monkey shit.

hisoka_vs_danchou.webm

Gotta conserve energy and be environmental-friendly.

I find that those kanji flashes rather ruin the dynamic instead of being a cool element.

It's part of music video, not an episode.

I love how punie fights.

Black slowing down and backing off, not going in for the second strike until he thinks about it, and then speeding up again looks silly

>ground spontaneously starts combusting into lava because bullets

jesus at least fucking try

>permission to use a karate chop

I guess there are regulations on that in the future

Holy fuck, did naruto finally reach the final fight between naruto and sasuke? I thought that show would never end.

That looks really nice, too bad the anime seems to be shit

Actually, it was the blue-red robot's superlaser that melted the ground.

My life was nothing before I saw this.

Am I crazy or is :43-46 based off the Escaflowne OP

it's from the tv show. but each season has ~50 episodes and the sakuga scenes are sparsely distributed over those and the rest of the time it's fairly low-budget animation

>being this blind

I feel like most action anime don't have a good rhythm to their fights. It's either too much happening too quickly, or it's just a series of almost-still poses with 1 or 2 frames of smeared in-betweens to make you think something fast is happening.

The beauty is in the entire movement.

Obviously there are those that do it right, but they are sadly few. Another pitfall is not making things look "solid" enough, it's all wobbly limbs and overly-shaky animation. Obviously you have to break the joint and squash-n-stretch if you want good animation, but there's such a thing as overdoing it. Mamoru Hosoda is guilty of this at times.

In that regard, Japanese animation directors do agree with you that .
Stuff like the Tarzan vs Sabor scene from the Disney's Tarzan cartoon is considered a high grail for action scenes.

twitter.com/tomokin2012/status/772309977448931329

Of course, it should be obvious why anime, which is all about doing animation as cheaply as possible to reach a deadline and pump out the next product as soon as possible will very seldom manage to do that without those cheat effects that is a mark of distinction in the anime business.
And hey, one can still accept that and in fact like those effects prevalent in anime.

I heard their movie financier pull out of the investment, so the production is in limbo for now.

Why would you bring up Hosoda? He's not an animator.

Only a handful of directors and animators are able to pull off proper good fight presentation and choreography.