Azumanga Daioh

Will it ever be topped?

yys

yys
aiura

It was topped in its genre in 2009 by this woman.

Nope.

>yys
Fuck off to your containment thread

You can't top perfection senpai.

Why is Tomo so shit? She ruined the whole episode.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You know the real truth, Osaka. Be honest with the fans.

>Tomo is so shit even her aspect ratio is shit

K-On is a completely different kind of show

Yys
K-On s2

You know it's true

There are obvious differences, and I'd never argue that K-On! was *funnier* than Azumanga, but they're fundamentally still high school girl slice of life shows.

But their entire structure is different, one is a yonkoma gag manga, the other is more situational comedy which evolves into a dramatic narrative.

I like the show a lot. But its not the best anime ever.

Point taken.

I guess Nichijou and Hidamari Sketch would be better comparisons to Azumanga.

>can't accept a show better than azumanga

Have you watched yys?

Or are you going for the "it's an older show i just watched and Sup Forums likes it also" meme

It's all just nostalgia user. Squid girl is better than Daioh.

yys is literally the worst/most boring SoL I ever watched, completely devoid of any sense of setup or comedic timing. Its characters are vastly underdeveloped and on the single instance the show had any potential for betterment (around episode 8 or 9), the next episode completely dropped this for the same old bullshit. I don't know why I finished it, but I did.

I originally went into the show thinking the database club would be about computer jokes rather than "I just googled this lmao"

>sol
>completely devoid of any sense of setup or comedic timing

hmm really makes you think

It's supposed to be an SoL comedy, you dolt. And those faggots also compared it to Azumanga Daioh, so they should be compared on equal terms. Azumanga succeeds as a comedy whereas yys is a complete failure.