My dick in both their asses.

活動写真

Cory in the House

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=9962

That existed? The hell I know.
That I watched, Rayearth;

Dunbine.

here and there, now and then?????????

This is the older Isekai I remember too. But to be fair 70s~90s (and even early 2000) Isekai had actual world building and was completly different from current Isekai.

Isekai genre has a long way than you think.

Magic Knight Rayearth is what I remember most.

Divine Comedy

Spirited away

Escaflowne

The Bible.

Fujigi Yuugi

The Epic of Gilgamesh was an isekai when you think about it.

How about Hercules going to Underworld on his quest against cerberus, is that an Isekai too?

The life itself is isekai to begin with.

>Escaflowne
Newfag

our isekai started when we came out of the womb

I wish I had that Aizen pic to comment in this one.

Code lyoko

Alice in Wonderland anime adaptaion.

Little Witch Sally runs away from home to another world, does that count?

First Isekais I ever heard of was Magic Knight Rayearth and Escaflowne, buy the first one I watched was .hack//sign. There was a long period between Isekais before, but they became increasingly popular since about 2010-2011 I guess. The whole thing just exploded or went into bubble-tendencies or something.

Re zero

The wizard of Oz.
Neverending Story.
Alice in Wonderland.
Dungeons and Dragons.

Don't lie. You would.

I mean, if I were an orc, yeah.

>implying you're not
>implying you wouldn't anyway

She's been ruined by massive orc dick. I'd have to use my arm for her to feel anything.

Digimon

digimon

>TFW you couldn't save Sachi

Fucking Kirito you useless hack

SAO is not an Isekai.

Something like Overlord would be considered Isekai.

The oldest I can think of would be some really old Greek or Roman novel I read in class years ago where the dude goes to the underworld at some point.

fucking this

>1918
How weird is it that this will be 100 years old in under 2 years? It was literally made at the end of the first World War.

Narnia

of course, anything to cuck kirito

SAO is not isekai.

Pretty sure this is it.

Unless that's different from normal Urashima Tarou, it's not isekai.

is pretty much the same concept, people gets transported/trapped in a fantasy world.

who wouldn't ? she is Literally perfect

What does isekai even stand for?

I seriously enjoy killing any Indians

god those bitches are so hot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Connecticut_Yankee_in_King_Arthur's_Court

left

At least going by the title that's not isekai.
Unless the model of time travel it works with has splitting time lines.

silica best sao

I think in the novel the timeline does split.

Alice in Wonderland.

In a white room, where I have never seen SAO and where She never met Kirito, I would super hard.
Finding a girl into games that looks that good? I'd be BEGGING for the sperm to reach the egg

The first ones I remember watching are El Hazard and Shurato

Greed island arc of Hunter x Hunter

I think you really have to question what exactly 'isekai' means in order to judge its historical precedent.

It basically contains two elements: 1. Going to another world. 2. The MC knows the rules of the other world better than its inhabitants, or at least believes he or she does.

And arguably, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court fits that the best.

An American engineer goes back in time to the middle ages, uses modern technology to become a magician, tries to manipulate history, and gets fucked by the realities of the middle ages.

Chivalric romance was basically the "generic fantasy" of Mark Twain's time period, and the ideals of the industrial age posited that the modern blue collar worker was far superior to any old blood nobleman. Mark Twain parodied those notions as well as the supposed idiocy of previous time periods. All it really lacks is a fucking harem.

I'd argue Alice in Wonderland is not an isekai, because Alice's knowledge or skills do not help her at all in Wonderland, and in fact many of the lessons she learned about high society are reversed or exaggerated to the point of absurdity. As such, Wonderland is just a simple alternate world story, not a true isekai.

Maou-sama is another one I do not think fits the isekai genre, as although Maou and co do travel to an alternate world (our world), none of their knowledge from the fantasy world helps and instead they have to adapt based on their own personal skills rather than knowledge. Maou spent his life as an underling crawling his way up, for example, so works well in the service industry where he'll probably eventually become regional manager if not CEO. None of his skills as a Maou help him, just his personality and drive.

So Maou-sama is more of a reverse-isekai, where you don't need to 'cheat' in order to succeed, you just need to be willing to do what is necessary to win.

french

Red Dot, or Feather?

I'd give her sloppy seconds.

I just wanted you to know that I read this whole post and I enjoyed it

Well, separating the definition of alternate world and isekai seems a bit of a stretch to me.

I'd personally go for "Going to another world with no easy way to go back" as a definition that would fit most cases, but I'm sure there are exceptions to that rule as well (eg: Tsubasa Chronicle has relatively short-bursts travels to different worlds, would it fit?)

Do you not understand what the word 'any' means?

I know that Alice in Wonderland had an anime, but did the others?

Why is it that Asuna and Kirito got married and even adopted a kid in the game but when they got out they just acted like boyfriend and girlfriend?

I think I learned something by reading this.

The Chronicles of Narnia.

But greed island isn't even a virtual world.

Because

a) In-game marriage licenses do not hold up in a real life civil court

b) I'm unsure of Japanese laws concerning age of marriage, but they are teenagers and even if it was legal for them to get married in real life their families would probably not let that shit fly

Their plans are to essentially be together forever anyway, I'm assuming they are just waiting to graduate high school before they tie the knot in reality

Is there any reason people are mentioning non-anime? Just curious.

Why do modern anime lack the wonderful art direction and imaginative setting of old school isekai? 80s and 90s isekai/fantasy anime felt like a real, and complete world. Modern ones just fee like generic fantasy 101. The last fantasy anime/LN that had a unique and complete setting was LOL Heroes.

Also hand drawn large crowds > cgi 5 people crowds.

boku no pico

youtube.com/watch?v=vvdIuBeGFvI

they're pretty good

Twelve Kingdoms

wtf are you talking about, the crowd looks fucking awful

Elhazard

why add other requirements I mean "isekai" mean new world. So honestly going to a different world should be the main requirement everything else is supplementary

Would you consider Zero no Tsukaima an Isekai?

It means "different world".

ah my mistake
of course

GLOP

Wizard of Oz got a top tier animu. 4 cour, Dorothy voiced by Sumi Shimamoto.

Really makes you think

NG Knight Ramune

Pretty good.

It's a freeze frame, so of course you can spend the time to focus on how bad they look. But large crowds in the background give a sense of life and scale to the world, something highly missing in modern isekai. Look how empty the capital always feels in Re:Zero

I see "isekai" being thrown around these days even outside Sup Forums. Who popularized the use of the term among English speakers?

IRC spammed this term on Sup Forums and others picked it up.

/r/anime probably.
Cross-sites posters and all that shit.

Garzey's Wing

was Those Who Hunt Elves good or is just my nostalgia giving me bias

>generic tsundere bitch no. 972
no thank you

every time

>tsundere
You can call Asuna anything, just not tsundere.

>Asuna
>tsundere