youtube.com/watch?v=jnmlDWEBZbU
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=481317
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>racist against chinese woman stealing her man
>thinks traditional woman like kasumi are brain dead
>cant cook
>gorilla
>dismissive of fan comments if ranma chan can get pregnant

what a fucking self insert piece of shit akane.

Problem officer?

The Urusei Yatsura live stream is still up if anyone is interested-

docs.google.com/document/d/1ZE3KsBWTXuMqIYFIbPdzXNH65xiauoexQkiAzyap__8/

Takahashi makes good points sometimes, too.

What the fuck happen to rinne scanlation ? Anybody got the latest chapter?
Last update was in chapter 212

uy is her only objectively good series
the rest range from okay to annoying

>thinking Rinne isn't good

Pleb.

I generally like Rumiko Takahashi's stuff and it seems boring even to me.

Can't believe that she and Tetsuou Hara was in the same art class

That was such a fun episode.

a.pomf.cat/ciuuax.webm

>A Kuma

Would you?

Best rumiko girl?

I'd snuggle with P-chan. No homo.

>racist against chinese woman stealing her man

China and Japan hate each other guts

That would be pic related.

>best rumiko girl
eh no
>best Ranma 1/2 girl
Yes and she got shafted with so little presence in the manga/anime that it still makes me mad

Order these Rumiko titles in quality

>Urusei Yatsura
>Maison Ikkoku
>Mermaid Saga
>Ranma 1/2
>One-pound Gospel
>Inuyasha
>Rinne

I agree

youtube.com/watch?v=qSUM6hL5MdM

youtube.com/watch?v=HMZx5Q286mo

That Crossover

Ranma 1/2
Maison Ikkoku
Urusei Yatsura
Kyokai no Rinne
Inuyasha

Haven't read the rest

second date outfit is better desu

She's dressed like a Bavarian man.

>best Ranma girl
>best Inuyasha girl pic related
can't choose

Kurama-sama is the best

>episode 78
Imagine if something like this occurred in one of today's seasonal comedies.

I would crawl over a hill of almost certain death to.

Hell yeah, Oshii. I'm so glad he had one episode to completely take the reins.

Totally forgotten.

Urusei Yatsura>Mermaid Saga>Ranma>Maison Ikkoku>One>>>>Inuyasha>>>>>>>Rinne
I fucking loved Mermaid Saga, it was so good, why didn't she continue it?

Not even close.

>Oshii: Just barely, yes. I was prepared for the worst. It’s a strange piece, and animated films weren’t as popular back then. I was ready never to work in movies again. I was definitely nervous for the duration, but I thought, “what the heck,” and did it anyway. It was mostly due to my bad feelings associated with the first movie, and so I wanted to make the second one succeed by making it like an actual movie. By that reasoning, this film became my revenge.

>I was definitely nervous, though. I wondered if anyone would come to see it. Movie creators always ask that. “Will people actually come to see this?” Will anyone find this entertaining? When it opened in theaters, there was no movie I was more worried about than this one. But it did well, which wasn’t so good either.

>CPM Interviewer: In other words?

>Oshii: I got cocky. I thought I could do whatever and write whatever I wanted, no matter how weird, and it went to my head. I was so amused that, after this, I made another movie that was a little out there. It was easily rejected, and I lost a job. But I don’t believe that Beautiful Dreamer ruined my career or anything like that.

What did he mean by this?

I can't decide!

He got cocky.

and?

Would you?

youtube.com/watch?v=jnmlDWEBZbU

Rumiko X Nichijou X Spanish

No, because I'm not gay.

Who is worse? Akame from Ranma or Kagome from Inuyasha?

either way shit self insert

Maison Ikkoku > Ranma 1/2 > Urusei Yatsura >>>>> Inuyasha

Yet to see any others, Ranma would've topped the list with a good ending (love all the characters) but it just went nowhere.

Akane by far. Literally human refuse that talks.

I can't comment on Maison Ikkoku, Mermaid Saga, One-pound Gospel or Rinne.

Urusei Yatsura is definitely better than Ranma, certainly in anime form. The humor is a lot sharper, the characters have more personality and the visuals are much more creative.

Inuyasha belongs in the trash.

Fuck off.

Rinne is good! Good!

Didn't Rumiko originally want Ataru and Shinobuu to defeat Lum and get together but she just ended up liking Lum more so she changed it so Lum wins?

Neither of them are bad in the slightest,

More like her publisher liked Lum more and made her change it because she didn't control her own destiny back then. No one tells her shit now.

Lum was supposed to just be a Wacky Antagonist of the Week

> Tuberculotic homosexuality!
WAT

>not gay
>wouldn't

Evidence suggests otherwise.

It was a different time user, you got to understand.

I'm watching Ranma for the first time and it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. It's pretty clever with how it approaches gender stereotypes as well.

Honestly once you get past the first season you should just read the manga.

I read that most people in the West prefer the first season, yet the show increased in popularity after the second.

Rinne IS good.

das adorable

with the force of one thousand suns.

where's hanamutsuki? can't find them on pixiv

1st season covers the "setting" chapters. Once you know who everybody is and what their relationships are like, then the gag manga engine turns on and it keeps going mostly on autopilot straight to the end.
The first episodes had the most drama to them. Things changed. People changed.

But Ranma IS a comedy series. So when it actually starts devoting to wild chases/fights around endless Macguffins, that's when it gets really fun.

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=481317

Closer. The original premise sounds more like Ataru was conceived as a lightning rod for weird supernatural junk in general, a cute girl would always be part of it, hijinks, then Shinobu breaks up with him again at the end of every story. Like the chapter with the dehydrated kappa or Oyuki's introduction minus Lum. Ataru might have ended up technically engaged to 20 demons but Lum was first and an immediate hit.

I like this artist.

The power the tiger stripes bikini cannot be beat.

thank you my man

also, the world needs more Akane topping Ranma like in

Rinne is good.
The problem is that we are not in the '80s anymore.
Rumiko's drawing style and humor is fossilized. It doesn't work anymore.

For modern audiences? Perhaps. I'm actually not sure how it's doing in Japan.
But I'd say that whoever was a fan of her older work can still enjoy it, since it's pretty much the same.

Kyōsuke?

Why is Mendou such a faggot?

Because he's Ataru with money

With all the talk about Rumikos comedies, I think it's also a good time to talk about when the horror stories.

And let me tell you, when she does horror, she does them good.

Rinne is good though

It does strike me as a bit ironic considering that a lot of comedy anime these days is inspired in part by her work.

Rinne's problem is the basic premise being extremely generic. The random stories aren't really worse than the ones in other Rumiko series. So, it's very unlikely to improve, since they'd need to change core elements of the series.

1st and 2nd seasons are mostly manga adaptations. Starting halfway through the 3rd season almost everything is random episodic filler with a few manga stories here and there. Really, it's hard to understand how the show remained on air for so long like that. The filler wasn't even good most of the time,and the anime writers annoyingly seemed to love the status quo more than Rumiko Takahashi herself, which is crazy. The Hiryu Shotenha and Moko Takabisha aren't used even once in filler tv episodes after their debuts. And, in spite of those attacks, even in the last season, the anime loved stories about goofy "false" martial artists that apparently used energy attacks, but actually were just using some kind of trick.

Is it me or am Im noticing a trend with length of Rumikos chapters?

It seems that UY has shorter chapters than Ranma and Ranma is shorter than Inuyasha.

Is Rinne going to be longer than those three?

If Inuyasha is Dragon Ball Z for girls, then would Ranma 1/2 be Dragon Ball for girls?