Was it rape?

Was it rape?
No seriously, outside of Anthy was it rape?
All of those people, did he rape them?
Who did Akio rape?

Also this is one of my favorite shows because of the arty fartsy. But I think it's the literal manifestation of 2deep4you

HE RAPED UTENA-SAMAAAAA

Well.. was it rape? She did want it

Rape? No. Emotionally manipulated? Yes.

He's Indian, for them rape is like saying hello.

Now did anthy also try and manipulate Akio too?

Yeah but that was before the start of the series.

>High school gold digger got expelled for fucking with Chairman
Seems pretty straight-forward.

>Emotionally manipulated? Yes.
Well it's not his fault that all the teen girls and boys couldn't say no to his hypnotic, sexy bindi.
The only fault I can find is, like OP mentioned, with Anthy, where he actually uses force when she doesn't want to get fucked by him.

>Implying there was anything done to Anthy that she didn't want

it wasn't, get over it

It wasn't rape but if he asked her if she wanted to stop she would have probably said yes. She kept blabbing about lunch and shit to take her mind of what was going on and before hand she was exercising a lot cause she was nervous.

Technically he raped Utena, we saw it from his POV which was shown as him driving through stop signs.

He hasn't done anything Utena couldn't just nope her way out of.

Is this the anime that set the trend for the incest in the medium?

Utena is a minor so technically it was.

I think there's more nuance to those scenes than just being black and white. Outside of memes that's probably why people ask, "was it rape?"
It's a complicated thing.

Akio and touga both sound sexier in the English dub.

>Was it rape?
Legally? Yes.
Emotionally? No.
And that`s very important, Utena having sex with Akio represents her fall from grace. She knows Akio has a fiancee and is her bff/bride to be/not-really-but-kinda-girlfriend's brother, so she knows that a "prince" (or just a good person) wouldn't do that.

Nah it was but a lesbian car racing all along

Not really. Utena clearly was infatuated with him. People get mad because it "comes out of nowhere", I've never seen anyone seriously consider it to be rape.

No, but it was certainly something that would have him lose his job.

For me it was alright but then I only watched it this year the symbolism of things like elevators roads, and signs was clear after a bit.

yup, that's why it was so unsettling