Uncle Go lives another year

This whacko is 71 years old today.

There are manga artists that born and died during his lifetime and never got half the recognition. Think about it.

>71
>old
That guy is just middle aged, not old.

Such as his protege Ken Ishikawa. I would have rather Nagai died just so I could see how the main Getter Robo storyline closes.

Who is Go Nagai of our time?

There are contenders.

You realize like 99% of current Sup Forums have no fucking idea who Go Nagai is, right?

Happy birthday Go, Italy will never forget you

Isnt that roberto Ferraris wife?

That's like saying 99% of current Sup Forums doesn't know who Walt Disney is

Could be, the man is a huge fan

Why do you think I included a wiki snippet in the picture?

anime sideburns have a lot to be thankful today, many happy returns Go

Half the Japanese people live to be 110, while the other half gets the Cold and dies before 40.

fucking bkub.

what's the correct order for the Mazinger Z manga? Or is it just easier to watch the anime? I read the first one and I'm very confused by the ending.

Mazinger changed magazine half way. It was originally in Shounen Jump, but Nagai couldn't keep up, so he moved to TV Magazine, where the manga changed drastically to just act as a companion to the popular running anime.

Not all TV Magazine chapters were published until a few years ago. The scanlations date even before that, so you won't have every chapter available to you.

You should move on to Nagai's Great Mazinger which gives you a proper ending and then Grendizer. (Both scanlated)

Gosaku Ota too did his own Mazinger trilogy, but only his Grendizer manga is scanlated.

You can easily watch the anime too, but you will have to buy the licensed Mazinger for good subs. Great Mazinger is only subbed to episode 21/22 and Grendizer is actually fully subbed, but the subs for that aren't great.

You could then just watch Mazinkaiser (Mazinger Z retelling with Mazinkaiser), Mazinkaiser SKL (Spinoff that doesn't have anything to do with the original OVA other than the mecha) and Shin Mazinger (which is a retelling which uses various Mazinger mangas like Z Mazinger (unscanlated) and Ken Ishikawa's Mazinger Z relic of Terror one shot (scanlated). It's also full of references and even feature new characters from other Go Nagai works.

Alternatively, you can always read Mazinger Otome and its sequel, and Mazinger Angels and its sequel, or even watch Robot Girls Z if you want moe in your Mazinger.

God Mazinger (another spinoff) is actually being translated by HappyScans so you should watch out for that too. And of course, Shin Mazinger ZERO (yet another spinoff), also being scanlated.

Is Devilman Lady worth watching?

It's worth reading, but only after reading Devilman.

The anime is completely different in story, and = is actually tamer if Go Nagai is too much for you to handle. I'd say it's pretty good, but you have to stick to it for payoff.

Ive already read it. I meant to ask does it differ from the manga? And does it entertain despite its QUALITY animation due to low budget?

>I meant to ask does it differ from the manga?
The anime is a standalone story and has no ties to the original Devilman other than a few cameos.

>And does it entertain despite its QUALITY animation due to low budget
Yes it does. I thought it was a good anime that could stand on its own.

As for the story, do you want spoilers or not?

lel

Is Devilman Saga still ongoing?

Yeah

where's the next page for this one?

I don't have it. I don't even know if there is one that's scanlated.

Neat

Do the chapters get scanlated as they go or is just the first volume done so far?

Alright I'll just watch it instead.

While trying to find that picture, I found these ones

There are 3 volumes out.

Only the first volume is done by xpearse. I think we don't have good scans for volume 2 and 3, so he put them on pause for now.

Thanks and added to my collection.

Need page 47 now.

thanks

Got now the rest of Devilman

Enjoy

which page is that? I got page 3.

mad thanks for the rest of the pages

The Devilman Lady anime is almost 100% different from the manga. It was headed up by the guy who wrote Lain.

No problem, where looking for the pages myself.

Now if we only could find the Cutie Honey part.

>Born 6/9
>Born on the year of the cock
>Father of Ecchi

I-is this a sign from the gods?

hopefully someone translates Gekiman.

>Searching Devilman on Youtube
>Sees some black guy.

Just, why.

Use this

デビルマン

>Not all TV Magazine chapters were published until a few years ago.
What about that new 4 volume tank set of the original series. Does that contain everything?

I think so.

Probably the complete edition I heard about.

That's what I thought. I've been meaning to start reading the series, and there was a super cool dude working at Mandarake who was a mechfag, and he told me that the new 4 volume version was the complete original story, and told one complete story.

So, is there any future Go Nagai project that isn't just translating scans?

Who?

I can't tell if this is serious or not, and it makes me sad.

This is our reality.

The majority of countries outside of Japan asks this same question.

Cutie Honey Tears live action movie and Go Nagai orchestral concert in Japan which will play for one day.

what the fuck, how is it people on Sup Forums know about Go Nagai and /m/ doesn't

>can't even be bothered to read Op's picture

I haven't heard of any of this shit besides Devilman which I know Anno likes.

Stop this. I don't want to live in this world.

What thread in /m/ are you lurking where people don't know uncle Go?

This is why there's text in Op's picture. How thick are you?

Thank you for the dump, that was really cool.

that's cool taff to you user

This "reveal" in Shin Devilman blew my mind as a teen . Yes, there were hints through all of the chapter - a jew-hating artist, whose name is Adolf.

Even though I had seen it from a mile away, I enjoyed this page too much.

He's the reason why you're a neet and still living in your mom's basement. He's the reason why Anno got fucked up in the head. He's the reason why nips can't stop putting fan service and mecha in their japanimations.

Anybody remember the 2010 adaptation of Dororon Enma-kun?

>Kochikame doesn't get Sticky
>Go Nagai doesn't get Sticky
>Witch Academia?? gets sticky
>Anything KyoAni does gets sticky

This board is a joke

It's in my 3x3, I love it.

I would say Tezuka is more the Walt Disney of anime and Nagai is more the Chuck Jones.

I don't think birthdays are really worthy of a sticky.
If Nagai died on the other hand

2011 adaptation.

Go Nagai considers Meeramera to be closest to who he was at the time (1973).

This. When most seiyuu die, especially famous ones they get a sticky. Same thing would probably happen if an influential director died.

F

I'm surprised I haven't heard of this yet.
picked up

I remember Shin Mazinger.

It's unironically my favourite anime