Transgenderism is not a mental illness

Feel free to read this book to find that out for yourself

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/where-transgender-is-no-longer-a-diagnosis/
psychologytoday.com/blog/rethinking-mental-health/201307/the-new-definition-mental-disorder
lifesitenews.com/opinion/pediatrician-transgender-ideology-has-created-widespread-child-abuse
jpands.org/vol21no2/cretella.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Transgenderism isn't a word

Stop making shit up because you're mentally unstable.

I have just told a truth. Being transgender is not a mental illness. Feel free to prove me wrong with peer reviewed evidence

Have you read that book?
For all any of us know it could be in there

Wrong.
DSM-5, page 452:
>Gender Dysphoria in Children 302.6 (F64.2)
DSM-5, page 459:
>Other Specified Gender Dysphoria 302.6 (F64.8)
>Unspecified Gender Dysphoria 302.6 (F64.9)

I'm a consultant psychiatrist

fuck off to /lgbt/ where everyone will hate you and call you mentally ill

Gender dysphoria is not a mental illness.

Just as much as transvestism is not a mental illness yet this is also listed in the DSM V

Those are two different things you retard

You are a LARPer and are certainly not a psychiatrist.
Owing to it's inclusion in the DSM-5, ipso facto, it is undeniably a "mental illness".
To assert otherwise proves that you have zero experience in psychiatry or medicine.

I never claimed they were not.

fag and queer groups keep lobbying to normalize their bullshit, it's not scientific progress but social engineering. They're anti-science.

You implied that they were.

(((Psychology)))

The rhino horn of the west.

In no way does inclusion or discussion of an identified condition in the DSM to be used as a diagnosis for mental illness

I believe you mistake progress in medicine and psychiatry as "fag lobbying"

Gender dysphoria is only when transgenderism "causes distress"

With that said, I'd say a miniscule percentage aren't "ill" considering how high the depression and suicide rates are

It's called gender Dysphoria. It's still considered a mental illness. See Different name, same shit.

it's most definitely a mental illness. cutting your cock off isn't going to magically fix your issues.

(((psychiatric association)))
they have a vested interest in letting these people damage themselves

Its gender dysphoria. I know im mentally ill, doesnt mean i wont try to make myself feel happy.

Is pedophilia a mental illness?

But what did DSM-IV say?

>In no way does inclusion or discussion of an identified condition in the DSM to be used as a diagnosis
It has a diagnostic criteria you imbecile.
It is clearly a diagnosis and medically speaking is a mental illness.

In fact far too many regret it afterward.

Transgenderism is when you think you are sex that you biological aren't.

Dissociative Identity Disorder or Multiple Personality Disorder is when you think you are more than one person.

Explain to me why a person thinking they are a sex that they aren't is not a disorder but conditions like multiple personality disorder are considered disorders when they are extremely similar in the sense that it is a person thinking they are something that they aren't?

having gender dysphoria doesn't mean you need to fucking pretend you're the other gender

'transgender' isn't an 'ism'. There's no such thing as 'heterosexualism' or 'masculinism'.

by mutilating yourself? this doesn't look like a pussy.

It was called "gender identity disorder" in the DSM-IV. It was pretty much the same criteria.

Funny how you only care about this because it jibes with your world view. You're not too different from us with your close minded nature.

scientificamerican.com/article/where-transgender-is-no-longer-a-diagnosis/

It's no longer a diagnosis because of feelings. Unfortunately those feelings set back others with mental health labels because LGBT faggots throw a fit about how normal they are. Being trans isn't normal. You're fucked up just like any other person with a mental illness or mental disorder. You're not mtof women. You don't know what it's like to be women being a woman inside your head isn't a real thing. What is feeling like a man or woman? Stop stepping on the mentally ill with your special snowflake freak show and get back in the cage with the rest of us.

at least we're open about being autistic bigots

psychologytoday.com/blog/rethinking-mental-health/201307/the-new-definition-mental-disorder

>"A mental disorder is a syndrome characterized by clinically significant disturbance in an individual's cognition, emotion regulation, or behavior that reflects a dysfunction in the psychological, biological, or developmental processes underlying mental functioning."

significant disturbance in an individuals biological processes underlying mental function.

you have a penis to impregnate women or a vagina to be impregnated. if you dont follow that process because of a disturbance in mental function, you have a mental disorder.

>cuts his penis off and gets some boobs sewn on himself

I'm not mentally ill senpai!
What next? My neighbor that fucks his dog isn't mentally ill?

*psychological process* since it starts in their brain

>It's no longer a diagnosis because of feelings
>in Denmark
It is still a diagnosis in the DSM-5 and the American Psychiatry Association and mainstream psychiatry is still of the opinion that transgendered individuals are suffering from a mental illness, ie, Gender Dysphoria.

it is a mental illness, it leads sufferers to sexually mutilate themselves.

Im pre op, but going on hormones relieved my suicidal feelings. Idk if im going to go with the axe wound meme.

I'm curious. Are you involved in the Psychology field? Or do you just have an interest?

see how long that lasts

why not just be a gay male? help me understand you.

it was only recently changed you dumb fuck due to political correctness and cultural marxism. If you do not think being born genetically a man but feeling like you want to be a woman is not a health issue dealing with the brain and the mind than you are fucking stupid. You do not need some one else to tell you this. It is self evident. If you require a book to tell you something else you are ignorant.

>going on hormones relieved my suicidal feelings

please get off them, then

>Dr. Joseph Berger, President of the Ontario District of American Psychiatric Association and a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, states that from “a scientific perspective,” being “transgendered” is a psychological issue – “emotional unhappiness” – and “cosmetic surgery” is not the “proper treatment.”

>“From a scientific perspective, let me clarify what ‘transgendered’ actually means. I am speaking now about the scientific perspective – and not any political lobbying position that may be proposed by any group, medical or non-medical.”
>“‘Transgendered’ are people who claim that they really are or wish to be people of the sex opposite to which they were born, or to which their chromosomal configuration attests,” he stated. “Sometimes, some of these people have claimed that they are ‘a woman trapped in a man’s body’ or alternatively ‘a man trapped in a woman’s body.’”

>“Scientifically, there is no such thing,” he said. “The medical treatment of delusions, psychosis or emotional happiness is not by surgery,” continued the doctor.

If animals in nature had your disorder, they'd never breed. You're a mistake.

I never have felt like a male, I love wearing dresses and makeup. I also really didnt want the physical form of males with all of the muscles and short hair, always bothered me.

being transgender is simply unnatural. you have to use artificial means to become something that you aren't.

based leaf?

>yes goyim, you aren't mentally ill if being called the wrong pronoun causes a breakdown and seeing yourself in the mirror sends you into a depression.

just grow long hair and don't fucking lift that much retard

>AMERICAN (((PSYCHIATRIC))) ASSOCIATION

Are people really starting to buy into what I've been saying for years?

abandon thread, faggot op was baiting

Psychology is pseudoscience. It was invented by kikes in order to sell snake oil to retards.

The only acceptable treatments for disruptive behavioral problems is exile, or death. Anything else can be fixed with sufficient bullying.

Yeah they didn't cite any additional qualifying or supporting research to justify the change. But a simple survey on the political stances of members and contributors who encouraged the change would probably reveal more insight on why the change was employed. Might also shed light if you conducted a similar study on the other changes for this volume and previous volumes.
Psychologists who make the considerations for these sorts of changes are academic types.
One who was consulted for a number of changes was a professor of mine who also teaches multicultural approaches to the supernatural and anthropological methods to determine values (Castillo from university of Hawaii at west Oahu). Let it get to number vi and dump a multitude of information from of oppositional research on the participants who decided that a number of disorders which explain deviant behavior are now not disorders.
I can only supply one professor who is smart and arrogant for the dsm-v
If twenty anons found other scholars who do not activiely practice therapy being the primary movers and shakers in the determination for the primary text of psychology that a variety diagnoses describing abnormal anti-social actions are no longer considered deviant; well we could make cool jpgs that indicate to other nobodies wtf is happening at the top level of influence in the mental health institutions

why not just be a feminine gay dude than? you were born a male for a reason.

say you had the option of 100% surviable brain surgery, no scars and the only change is you are now happy with your body, would you opt for brain surgery?

>Michelle Cretella, president of the American College of Pediatricians, has denounced “institutions that promote transition affirmation” as engaging in “nothing less than institutionalized child abuse” that can inflict “untold psychological damage.”

She has a similar article lambasting tranny support in schools here:
>lifesitenews.com/opinion/pediatrician-transgender-ideology-has-created-widespread-child-abuse

That article links to an interesting study she published (and was peer reviewed) here:
>jpands.org/vol21no2/cretella.pdf

The study concludes:
>There is no rigorous scientific evidence that GD (gender dysphoria) is an innate trait. Moreover, 80 percent to 95 percent of children with GD accept the reality of their biological sex and achieve emotional health by late adolescence.
>The treatment of GD in childhood with hormones effectively amounts to mass experimentation on, and sterilization of, youth who are cognitively incapable of providing informed consent. There is a serious ethical problem with allowing irreversible, life-changing procedures to be performed on minors who are too young to give valid consent themselves.

why would I have to read the whole ting when I can just use the table of contents, mental illness is in that book, which is body dismorphia

most fucking young people don't even know how to reference, and cross reference or go to the library, they just jewgle shit on wikipedia.

"I'm Napoleon."
>Get's put in an asylum.
"I'm actually an alien trapped in human form!"
>Straight to the asylum.
"I'm actually a woman."
>Everyone must now pretend he's a woman.
...Thanks Jews.

Fucking This.

So what? Doctors just met and decided that homosexuality is not illness. Tomorrow they would state that schizophrenia is good. Illnesses in psychiatry are not illnesses like in other medicine, they are just stated to be like that by some club of psychiatrists.

Every psychiatrist in the world knows that faggotry of all stripes is a mental illness. They just got tired of you fags showing up every time they have a meeting. Can’t say I blame them. You are disgusting.

Gender disphoria is actually classified as a mental illness in the DSM

At worst, Psychologically speaking homosexuality is a paraphilia. Which under the current research is considered non-harmful unless it's something that puts yourself at risk or is illegal. (e.g. Pedophilia)

>Just as much as

butthurt tranny detected

I don't think you get it straight, GD doesn't mean you like men, that's called being gay

But isn't the increased risk of spreading VD putting yourself at risk?

>memeflag

KYS

One depends on the other, though, to be transgender, you must first experience gender dysphoria and transgenderism implies acting on the specific body mutilation impulses that make gender dysphoria a mental illness.

Physician, soon will be a board-certified psychiatrist.

typical Sup Forums

throws a temper tantrum because the 1950s and muh nuclear family aren't coming back

kys

Translation: the APA flushed their credibility down the toilet because they didn't have the courage to tell chimping faggots to go fuck off.

smooth elliot shitpost

>41% attempt suicide
>paragons of mental health

What does that have anything to do with OP's post? Literally nothing. You're only showing the kike's plan is an overt attack on the nuclear family with your unprovoked animosity. GG faggot, thanks for proving our point for us.

>I love wearing dresses and makeup
I don't know man, you definitely sound like a faggot to me.
>I also really didnt want the physical form of males with all of the muscles and short hair
Oh, my bad go ahead and chop off your dick. There is absolutely no other way to go about it, after all you like long hair and don't want to exercise... holy shit you people are fucking dumb. I used to think 'attention whore' was just a meme, but that is definitely the true crux of your problems.

Medically, homophilia is a hormonal disorder caused by an androgen abnormality.

>mentally thinking youre a sex your body biologically isnt
>Not a mental illness
>MFW hearing this

Get your testosterone levels checked. Chances are theyre now or you have a pituitary issue

it makes zero sense.

That's the cucked version. In 1973 faggots forced their mental illness to be removed from the dsm2. Traps are nothing but faggots who want to trick straight people.

>You're only showing the kike's plan is an overt attack on the nuclear family with your unprovoked animosity. GG faggot, thanks for proving our point for us.

The nuclear family was an overt attack on the extended family

Cool, all that means is that the American Psychiatric Association has been subverted.

Transgender people are the literal definition of delusional, therefore are mentally ill.

something traumatic had to have happened to you for you to be thinking this way. transgenders do not exist in nature.

>every DSM leading to DSM 5 considers it mental illness
>suddenly leftist millennials enter the psychology field
>immediately change the age-old time-tested definition
>implying this means anything
ISHYGDDT

shooting ketamine tends to relieve my suicidal feelings too
but it's not a solution to anything, it's just ignoring the real problem

that sounds shitty to say the least but cmon chopping of your genitalia and going infertile just for a cosmetic ''upgrade''?

I'm guessing the 85% of trans trying suicide is not a mental illness either. Go kys faggot.

trips of truth

what does that have to do with ops faggy post, nigger

Not by name, but GID is, and so is gender LARPing.

>being a girl = dresses and makeup
holy shit dude, sort your attitude out
meet women, REAL women, talk to them, get to know them
maybe this greener grass lust coming from your junk will subside

If you're not from Cybertron you're not trans-anything, you're just a psychotic faggot.