This is the only Rebuild movie that is actually good

This is the only Rebuild movie that is actually good.
You can (not) prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

colonydrop.com/hideaki-anno-is-trying-to-kill-anime-and/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kaworu is a fag, so no, you are wrong.

2.0 had better fights and more emotional impact

3.0 dragged on a bit, and Kaworu is fucking boring. It also had Misato acting like a cunt.

The film follows logically as a significant part of the dialectic established by all earlier Evangelion releases.

EVA is in essence just a harem wish fulfilment show.
The movies (yes all three of them) show us a more grown up writer handling his fanfic in less obvious ways. I agree on the third movie being the best one, but it's kind of dubious to rate them when the story isn't finished yet.

>The movies (yes all three of them) show us a more grown up writer handling his fanfic in less obvious ways
But he did exactly the opposite you dingus. It's not subtle at all.

>story

3.33 is easily the worst. Everyone either had what made them good characters in the series and either excised it or fucked it up beyond all reasoning. You can't name a character that isn't worse than they originally were because the movie is more focused on flashy fight scenes.

Define worse

elaborate

>3.33 is easily the worst

That would be 1.11, which was largely just a clip show version of redrawn frames from the show

The one that acts least like arbitrary impositions of what a film should be like

Try putting it into words or neither of us is getting anywhere

>elaborate
Damn it man I'm lazy. But in rebuild you have Rei and Asuka learning to cook just for Shinji. In NGE Asuka's only after Kaji's dick, and Rei develops feelings towards Shinji, but not to the same extent and in the same rushed manner.

Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 is nerd garbage for hipster geeks and losers, and basically is not epic in any way

>In NGE Asuka's only after Kaji's dick
Rewatch NGE if this is the conclusion you drew it's the wrong one.

Try putting it into words adults would use.

>You can (not) prove me wrong.

Good thing you left the not in parentheses. Because everyone can.

3.33 has objectively the least character development and the most pandering, and not only that, it's characters, it's plot and setting are also the most unrealistic.

What's worse, it turned a story that could be understood by all that watched it into a piece of fiction only consumable by escapist otaku.

In many ways, it's the ultimate betrayal of everything Evangelion stood up for and did right.

That's ironic. Here you are, a fat, raging weeb loner who's making a post on Sup Forums making a boastful claim that you think 3.33 is the best Rebuild movie and that you cannot be proven wrong.

Do you know exactly how many words, adult or not that it takes to prove someone like you wrong? None. none at all. All you're looking for is (you)'s, because even the biggest fan of 3.33 knows in their heart that it's the worst Rebuild movie.

>plotfags
Americans away from Evangelion franchise, there can not be anything for you there

>2.0 fags still exist even after it got BTFO by based colonydrop

colonydrop.com/hideaki-anno-is-trying-to-kill-anime-and/
>Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance isn’t just a terrible movie, it’s a terribly offensive movie and one of the worst animated films in recent memory. It is a disgusting testament to the most shamelessly commercial aspects of the Japanese animation industry, the ineptitude of Hideaki Anno and the crippling stupidity of anime fans. It is a movie made for those who have fooled themselves into thinking that just because it’s Evangelion, and Evangelion is “intellectual,” that they aren’t buying into a scheme of shallow merchandising and pathetic fan-pandering bread and circuses resolutely devoid of any artistic or creative merit.

At least it had a decent plot by virtue of being a remastered version of the original.

Literally who?

Further proof that Americans fundamentally cannot appreciate cinematic art.

t. butthurt Asukafag author

If there's anything bad about the Evangelion fanbase, and particular the fans of Asuka, it's their complete lack of self-respect and integrity in peddling their opinions.

It was substantially worse because it removed every scene that implied Shinji had mental problems and turned him into a generic whiny protagonist

2.0 and 3.0 redeemed the movies by emphasizing the fact that Shinji was fucked up

>I missed the point entirely the post
3.0 is foreign and depressing because the world is foreign and depressing for Shinji. The characters are unfamiliar and unappealing because they're unfamiliar and unappealing to Shinji. The plot is a jumbled mess of unexplained actions because the events of the story are a jumbled unexplained mess for Shinji. Anno has so masterfully placed you into the mindset of our main character that you didn't even notice it and end up hating the movie for the same reasons Shinji ends up hating the world, desperately wishing things would go back to the way they were.

There's something fundamental wrong with people like you. You have such a warped and delusional view of reality it's downright disturbing.

You realize that 1.11 is more or less a carbon copy of NGE's first parts, and that it actually added a scene where Ritsuko and Gendo openly discuss the fact that Shinji is mentally unstable?

I mean, how do you even live with yourself on your throne of bullshit? You're sitting in shit and can't you even smell yourself? It's disgusting!

>I got BTFO so I'll make up some lame headcanon excuse

Not how it works, unfortunately. All you achieve by setting pandering to the max and making the characters unrealistic is making the viewer disbelieve the entire story and the seriousness of it, in other words, they are far, far from Shinji's shoes.

Then don't forget the pandering portion - because by catering strongly to e.g female otaku as 3.33 does, it's providing them with a strong sense of familiarity and downright inviting them to accept and settle in this new story. Unsurprisingly, they accept it and love it, which would be directly against your made up authorial intent.

>fat
It's a little too early for ad hominem isn't it? How about you actually attack my argument instead of dropping your Freudian spaghetti all out of your pants.

>it actually added a scene where Ritsuko and Gendo openly discuss the fact that Shinji is mentally unstable?

You should probably actually watch the shows before you spout bullshit, because there isn't a single line of original dialogue in the first movie until they change the angel battle at the end.

They skipped over multiple scenes showing Shinji's inability to function with other people, deleted every line referencing his spineless need to go along with what other people tell him to, and edited the scene of events to make it appear that he threw a tantrum and ran away from home rather than being forced into a corner by NERV's bullying

Here's the problem fatso: You never had an argument. You just made a wanton claim and screamed "PROVE ME WRONG". So yeah, you're getting far more than you deserve, you ugly sack of shit.

Wanna argue like adults? Wanna join the big boys club? Then delete your evageeks account and bring some motherfucking arguments to the table, and make them well-thought out ones because I guarantee you that you WILL be ripped to shreds and called out for your bullshit within seconds if not.

Otherwise, start working out you pathetic piece of otaku filth.

ITT: Mentally unstable people

Right now you're just going full on denial. I cited a scene found in 1.11 which has Ritsuko and Gendo directly mention the fact that Shinji is mentally unstable, as if his attitude didn't make that abundantly clear already.

You can't bend your delusional head around this one.

That's my first post of the thread.

>Then don't forget the pandering portion - because by catering strongly to e.g female otaku as 3.33 does, it's providing them with a strong sense of familiarity and downright inviting them to accept and settle in this new story. Unsurprisingly, they accept it and love it, which would be directly against your made up authorial intent.
You mean exactly in the way that Kaworu is the one reprieve for Shinji in the story only to have him die leaving him (and the fans) with nothing?

Why do they say this about the movie that is less harem than it's original? It feels like they just noticed how pretentious EVA is and blames the 2nd movie for doing the exact same thing its predecessors did. Kind of weird.

Are you like, 15?

Then yes.

>you're fat haha
If that's what makes you feel more secure then have it. Now can you actually counter my argument or?

or fujoshit

>That's my first post of the thread.
I know, you appeared as a new post. Doesn't mean you didn't get BTFO and had to make up some irrational and illogical excuse as a response.

>You mean exactly in the way that Kaworu is the one reprieve for Shinji in the story only to have him die leaving him (and the fans) with nothing?
No, having Kaworu die there fulfills the fan's fantasy. 3.33 sells Kaworu as a "looper" akin to Homura from Madoka, and overloads the movie with references to other tales involving starcrossed lovers. Then add in the insinuations from the previous movies, comments from Anno that they should consider NGE Kaworu as the same as Rebuild Kaworu, as well as comments from voice actors concerning the number of "cycles" Kaworu has gone through.

Pandering to otaku is first and foremost about providing a platform from which the fans can take possession of the work by fictionalizing it themselves. Providing fully detailed stories with proper conclusions serves against the purpose of pandering to otaku because it robs them the ability to stick to their own headcanon.

When 3.33 made it so that Rebuild had dedicated a full 1/4 of it's story to this, with possibly more. There's been a long grace-period for otaku to frolic in their own headcanon, with ample merchandise to go with it.

>p-please don't c-call me fat
>c-counter m-my argument!
HAHAHAHA

What argument, fatso? YOU HAVE NONE

Otaku really want to self-insert as Shinji. Don't they?

So you don't think someone dying for their lover plays right into the hands of shippers?

>b-but they will never see each other again!
>oh wait, they've added the mechanic of repeating events so that his death is now completely inconsequential because, and I quote: "they'll meet again"

There's nothing that turns fujoshi on more than repeated tragic love stories like these.

Some do, others only want to use him as an accessory to a ship. 3.33 is taking that to it's logical extreme, e.g leaving Shinji out of the story and abusing him into going to Kaworu whilst ruining everything else he liked.

Otakus like homoshit?

Delicious Reifag butthurt

You think they don't? Otaku is a catch-all term that includes fujoshi and fundoshi.

For those who don't like "homoshit", it's overloaded with character-less cute girls, in particularly Asuka and Maria are pandered to high heaven.

>reifag butthurt
>post an image of Asukafags being butthurt

What?

I was going to ask the same thing

2.0 > 1.0 > 3.0

>show my friend the rebuild movies
>loved the first one
>loved the second one even more
>warn him about the third one
>he says it's too great nothing can change his opinion
>watch it
>he doesn't like to watch anime with me anymore

Asukafags are so deep into the shipping game, that when they tried to get images of Reifags shipping they got pictures of themselves passive-aggressively criticizing it.

>Doesn't mean you didn't get BTFO and had to make up some irrational and illogical excuse as a response.
I made up an irrational response to something blowing me the fuck out when I hadn't posted yet? Not really sure how that works.

>3.33 sells Kaworu as a "looper" akin to Homura from Madoka, and overloads the movie with references to other tales involving starcrossed lovers. Then add in the insinuations from the previous movies, comments from Anno that they should consider NGE Kaworu as the same as Rebuild Kaworu, as well as comments from voice actors concerning the number of "cycles" Kaworu has gone through.
If this is your gripe it isn't unique to 3.0 since it deals with the overarching story of Rebuild which will almost certainly not end in a way they want. As I said before Anno is obviously very aware of how this fans perceive his work and uses that to put them in the mindset he wants.

>Providing fully detailed stories with proper conclusions serves against the purpose of pandering to otaku because it robs them the ability to stick to their own headcanon.
This sounds more like spite than anything. People always will fill in the gaps in stories and have their own interpretations of events. Trying to avoid it by going into obsessive levels of detail doesn't do anything but drag your story down in unneeded explanations.

No one would would think Rei would win when Shinji doesn't even like her romantically.

the only true answer

You can call me fat all you want, it's just a baseless projection and not part of the argument. I wouldn't have cared if you actually presented an argument but all you do are pity attempts at bringing down my person.

So are you going to attempt countering my argument or do I need to provide evidence of my BMI before you are capable of adult conversation?

Woah...

...really makes you think

Your noggin better be joggin if you're on the master's wild ride.

>fatso wants adult conversation
>didn't provide an argument
>couldn't even link to it

Just how ugly are you user?

Haha retards you all fell right into Anno's plan, this is 9deep11u

>I made up an irrational response to something blowing me the fuck out when I hadn't posted yet? Not really sure how that works.
It works exactly like described.

You see something that blows you the fuck out, you can't handle it, and throw up in the form of the comment you made.

>If this is your gripe it isn't unique to 3.0 since it deals with the overarching story of Rebuild which will almost certainly not end in a way they want. As I said before Anno is obviously very aware of how this fans perceive his work and uses that to put them in the mindset he wants.

I'm sorry, but you're hypothesizing some future event to happen as a counter-argument and that doesn't work. Especially since it's been almost five years now of aggressive merchandising and pandering, so the fans have already gotten their fill and more to it.

The facts are that 3.33 gave them what they want in 2012, and nothing has changed since then. FYI it's soon 2017 and Rebuild began in 2007. You've been wrong for almost four years now, and every tick of the clock is another second you're wrong.

>This sounds more like spite than anything. People always will fill in the gaps in stories and have their own interpretations of events. Trying to avoid it by going into obsessive levels of detail doesn't do anything but drag your story down in unneeded explanations.

You're clearly exaggerating because you lack an argument. 3.33 is exceptionally vague, and simply adding some substance to it wouldn't suddenly make it obsessively detailed. 3.33 is a work designed for otaku to obsess over. A non-otaku simply does not have the time, nor the obseession required to delve into it, and if they forced themselves, they'd find nothing but well planned nonsense.

In conclusion, 3.33 is a deeply flawed and pandering work only an obsessive otaku would like. It's shallow by design and requires self-delusion to enjoy. Which is why you're struggling to cope with the facts, just like any junkie..

Still no argument and still just meaningless ad hominem.

Can you actually counter my argument now?

>fatso still pretending he has an argument

Waiting for pics to be honest.

Why are you so obsessed about one's weight? You don't fucking know me. It's just insecurity because you have no argument. Now counter my argument or don't bother posting.

Holy shit, stop feeding each other.

Post pictures of Asuka.

>lardass still thinks he has an argument
Wow, how grand, and I'm not talking about your fat ass. I'm talking about how amusing it is that you think you have an argument when you haven't posted a single argument yet.

In fact, "prove me wrong" posts are so shitty they're bannable offenses.

>You see something that blows you the fuck out
I see. You're just misusing the term based on an understanding acquired from seeing bait posts.

>I'm sorry, but you're hypothesizing some future event to happen as a counter-argument and that doesn't work.
If we're going to go that route you're doing the exact same thing by using statements from the cast that haven't been confirmed as evidence.

>3.33 is exceptionally vague, and simply adding some substance to it wouldn't suddenly make it obsessively detailed.
If you had more information you wouldn't be able to understand Shinji's position as well since you've moved from following his POV to an omnipotent viewer. Anno absolutely could have shown us more perspectives but he didn't because it wouldn't have worked as well for the movie.

>It's shallow by design and requires self-delusion to enjoy.
I'm advocating taking the movie at face value. Getting dragged down in the fandom is what ruins the movie for people.

Aesthetic ship/

Rebuild 3 had the best Asuka suit.

>I can't afford her statue
PAIN

Damn I didn't have this one.

Which one are you trying to get?

I plan on buying 3 of the Sega statues. They are all around 20-30 dollars and look good considering the price.

>I see. You're just misusing the term based on an understanding acquired from seeing bait posts.

No, I used it completely correct, and the fact that you're still butthurt about it gives me nothing more than joy.

>If we're going to go that route you're doing the exact same thing by using statements from the cast that haven't been confirmed as evidence.
Except, those statements I've mentioned along with the elements in 3.33 are actually real, and exist in the past. Your fanwank however, does not. You do not have an argument.

>If you had more information you wouldn't be able to understand Shinji's position as well since you've moved from following his POV to an omnipotent viewer.
You already are the omnipotent viewer, who is given information Shinji isn't. There's many scenes in 3.33 still which doesn't include Shinji but explains things he does not know. You know more than Shinji, and that's a fact.

Your argument is gone.

>Anno absolutely could have shown us more perspectives but he didn't because it wouldn't have worked as well for the movie.
On that we agree, but for entirely different reasons. It wouldn't work because it wouldn't allow him to pander to otaku as effectively.

In conclusion, 3.33 is a deeply flawed and pandering work only an obsessive otaku would like. It's shallow by design and requires self-delusion to enjoy. Which is why you're struggling to cope with the facts, just like any junkie..

I can't into runes, but I need to know what this is from.

And you still think I'm fat for some reason because you're so obsessed by the weight of the person you don't know.

Yeah stop discussing EVA and go back to posting the same pictures we've already seen. That sure sounds like a good time.

The fact that you still haven't argument, nor pictures of your quite clearly flabby body makes you a worse shitposter than image-spammers. Fuck off to evageeks, you braindead rat.

>Yeah stop discussing EVA and go back to posting the same pictures we've already seen

>counter my argument
>s-stop calling me fat
>ad hominem

Not really discussing anything, fatty.

If it's so clear shouldn't you have provided evidence already?

you can samefag all you want

Last reply you're getting: You've yet to post a single argument. There's nothing to argue against, and you lose by default.

So fuck off fatty.

3.33 isnt pandering because it actually changes the plot significantly from the original series. That isn't pandering, its calling making it its own.

This is my Asukollection.
Link to the statue I want inbound.

Aren't you the dirty fuck who hot glued his Asuka figure?
Shame. On. You.

>No, I used it completely correct, and the fact that you're still butthurt about it gives me nothing more than joy.
Ok bud.

>Except, those statements I've mentioned along with the elements in 3.33 are actually real, and exist in the past.
Those statements haven't shown up in any tangible form in the movies. I don't know how you can say they're real when it's still completely unconfirmed.

>There's many scenes in 3.33 still which doesn't include Shinji but explains things he does not know.
I'd like you to point out what scenes these are. Shinji is always in or very close to the focus of the current scene minus a handful of brief cutaway shots that don't tell us any real information.

EVANGELION Defenders mobage

Okay, please tell me whether or not I'm describing NGE's or 3.33's plot:

>Shinji feels alone
>He can't get to Asuka
>He can't reach out to Rei
>He's afraid of Misato
>He meets Kaworu
>They bond
>They descend into Terminal Dogma
>Kaworu dies, Shinji cries

This is why I don't take 3.33 supporters seriously, they are entirely incapable of understanding simple ideas like "plot", "story" and on a broader basis, "quality". What 3.33 did was to pick out NGE's plot and twist it into irredeemable pandering minted at the worst sort of otaku, the otaku who not only takes pleasure in shallow wish-fulfilment but also desires to destroy the enjoyment of others.

NO DRUNKEN KINK SHAME THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Pic related

Got more pics?

>Those statements haven't shown up in any tangible form in the movies. I don't know how you can say they're real when it's still completely unconfirmed.
They're real because they have been stated. If you went to watch 3.33 in the cinemas, or bought the BD you'd get pamphlets which contained the interviews. It's part of the package, literally.

Not only that, you're trying to weasel your way out by ignoring the elements in 3.33, which I also mentioned. Those are part of the movie even if you are to dishonestly dismiss proof.

>I'd like you to point out what scenes these are. Shinji is always in or very close to the focus of the current scene minus a handful of brief cutaway shots that don't tell us any real information.
>minus a handful of brief cutaway shots that don't tell us any real information.

I'm sorry user, but downplaying the scenes which shows us what e.g WILLE thinks, characters think, what NERV and Gendo thinks and what they've been planning doesn't make them suddenly cease to exist. You're being shown things that Shinji isn't, and so your whole argument is null and void.

Deal with being wrong like an adult, please. You've been wrong about everything so far, and you need to take a break and accept that your initial argument really was nothing but butthurt nonsense.

kek

Nope

/c/ or Sup Forums, you will be shamed. I cant believe you would even think, even while intoxicated, to hot glue Asuka.
That being said, that is a really cool Asuka figure.

But I need 'em

The shame is real.
It hurts.

Khara is stingy.

Yeah, it's a neat figure. Rei's imagery and aesthetic is so good that even Asuka fans want a piece of it over Asuka's original style.

Nah.

Asuka > Rei

If that was true, Asuka fans wouldn't be as jealous of Rei as they were. Nor would they swallow neo-Asuka like they have.

>They're real because they have been stated. If you went to watch 3.33 in the cinemas, or bought the BD you'd get pamphlets which contained the interviews. It's part of the package, literally.
You obviously have a problem with understanding that supplementary information does not equal and in universe confirmation so I'm not going to argue about it anymore.

>I'm sorry user, but downplaying the scenes which shows us what e.g WILLE thinks, characters think, what NERV and Gendo thinks and what they've been planning doesn't make them suddenly cease to exist. You're being shown things that Shinji isn't, and so your whole argument is null and void.
I'd like you to name those scenes. Shinji is present with WILLE when they're discussing him. The only time we see them without Shinji is the brief scene when they see Unit 13 is activated and several shots of the bridge during the final battle. One of the only things we know that Shinji doesn't is that Gendo kills SEELE. This is pretty much useless information without context and doesn't help to explain any of the events of the movie.