Macross Delta (マクロスΔ)

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-09-06/idol-fan-draws-brutally-honest-introspective-webcomic/.105984
youtube.com/watch?v=rb7Lec2TjU8
gundam00.net/tv/character/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Posting the best girl.

Kumo is cute

Those windies are asking for a second bombing...

DOLLARS HOW MUCH FAKE?

What is your favourite songs of Macross overall?

It's OK. Hayate and his Freyja waifu will ride it and bring understanding to everyone. It's all according to keikaku.

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-09-06/idol-fan-draws-brutally-honest-introspective-webcomic/.105984

Idolshit was a mistake.

It's okay because Macross idols aren't real.

What is Nakajima doing? I saw her listed for the Kancole movie the last time.

That is bullshit. Character's gender has nothing to do with the choice of main protagonist (MC) from a mecha action series.

The criteria for being main main protagonist (MC) from a mecha action series are these:
1) The character should be a Mech pilot
2) The character should be a action character
3) The character should have focus on action, mecha action, Mech and mech battles.

The maximum an non-pilot, a non-action character, a co-pilot, a navigator, and a character that doesn't have its focus on action, mecha action, Mech and mech was deuteragonist's role.

What ANN is missing is that that guy is now a popular webcomic artist with actual contracts with publishers and idol media. Japan loves self-depreciating fucks. See also: My lesbian experience with loneliness.

>Does any Delta girl deserve to be added to the Kawamori Worst Girls 3x3?

Ranka Lee is my waifu

The best.

So Immeldad planned for Freyja to take up singing, then bombing the planet so Freyja can have an unmei meeting with Hayate, and finally killing himself, leaving his plane with minor damage, so the windies will repair it. When Hayate discovers his love of flight through Freyja, the war Immeldad has caused will lead the two to Windermere where Hayate will reclaim his other gift. The first was Freyja, the second is the VF-22. My god that is one hell of a convoluted plan just to get your son to stop being a bum.

Name a Macross anime with a grill as MC. Or a Gundam anime.

Posting

Macross Frontier

This show is such a disappointment
Could a movie version even save this?

more

Adults accept it more easily, that's why an OVA is feasible. A tv show is complicated because teenagers are in the age of total insecurity. Some of them do not like if the story is from the point of view of a girl. So, although the female characters are strong, he needs a male self insert as MC, moreover the action anime with mecha are primarily for male audiences.

There are of course exceptions and special cases, but even so...

There won't be a movie

Gundam Ecole du ciel. I don't know why Sunrise doesn't animate this? Fans have been asking for a female MC pilot for a gundam. Because of Hiatus? Unfinished?

Zeta.

Sheryl has a man face.

well it happens. just like that weight-lifting movie "teddy bear" men get distant and off-track, in comparison to older generations, because there are less defined paths

They will surely make a Frontier style retelling though right?

your waifu deserves better than that shit image

War in the Pocket had a female gundam pilot. Though I guess they probably want a good one.

Cross Ange had strong female pilot. She even sang and piloted her mech at the same time, similar character could work in Macross.

Ecole du ciel is pretty great despite being on hiatus for 5 years.

>Gundam Ecole du ciel
I like it, but I asked for anime.

Anyway, a female MC would be a first for both Macross and Gundam anime. And that's mainly why is unlikely to happen any time soon. Anime producers don't like trying new things all that much.

>Cross Ange
Wasn't a mecha anime

Which Walkure would you attack?

youtube.com/watch?v=rb7Lec2TjU8

For some reason this year there's been a lot of Ranka fanart, especially from Korean artists.

And last.

Green Freyja is not best girl.

>War in the Pocket had a female gundam pilot. Though I guess they probably want a good one.
Gundam 00 had a female (Soma Peries) join the crew as a Gundam co-pilot, but interestingly the adverts deliberately try to ignore this. It's almost like Sunrise decided they could only have a female Gundam pilot if they don't tell anyone.

She isn't a main character.

Can you guys actually give concrete reasons for why you want female MCs so much?

I can self insert as a girl.

It would actually be new, since all the major series had male protagonists. It would be a breath of fresh air as long as they do it right.

Pilot girls are hot.

>as long as they do it right

I don't really trust them to.

I would feel less gay.

Because I'm heterosexual.

The switch between her interactions with Rei and Makina to her kidnapping by Roid was too fast.

As of this point, I can't tell which is worse, Delta or EVOL.

>Some of them do not like if the story is from the point of view of a girl. So, although the female characters are strong, he needs a male self insert as MC, moreover the action anime with mecha are primarily for male audiences.

To be honest, I don't believe this.

The biggest problem lies in the fact that the female MCs are always being thrown to YURI.

Others may not agree but IMO, even though Hayate and Freyja are both the MCs, I've always felt that Freyja is THE MC.

It seems to me like the plot revolves more around her and her actions and how it affects the bigger picture, than on Hayate.

>She isn't a main character.
She is a Gundam Meister. Even after she joined, the magazines intentionally still act like there were only five of them and not six.

>She isn't a main character.
She is literally more relevant than her boyfriend, who's entire story arc ended early on and become a side character. Hal really doesn't have the plot importance to stay in all the promotion material without Soma.

So the next love triangle can have two guys fighting for MC.

>The biggest problem lies in the fact that the female MCs are always being thrown to YURI.
Ange ended up with Tusk. The yuri was just fanservice, and I think it actually shows how little confidence Sunrise has in a mecha anime with a female MC.

>Can you guys actually give concrete reasons for why you want female MCs so much?

So I can let my lesbian tendencies loose and self insert as the MC.

gundam00.net/tv/character/index.html
She isn't listed with them.

>pls delusional Freyjafag shitposter get out
Hayate is the protagonist (a mech pilot and a action caracter)
Freyja is the deuteragonist (a non-pilot and a non-action caracter)

I wonder what Delta and Walkure would do after the war ends and Windermere stops its hostilities with NUNS. Supposedly, Walkure was created specifically to combat Var. Maybe the rumored cliffhanger ending will have Delta and Walkure now setting its sights on the numerous rogue Zentradi fleets still lurking the galaxy. Hayate and Freyja will continue working together of course.

HayaFre's children would be exact copies of them as children, but they'd be half Windies with runes. Cute.

cute

Hayate will end up with Mirage while Freyja will continue to be famous with Walkure.

>She isn't listed with them.
Of course she isn't LISTED. That's my point!
She is a Meister IN the film, but she was deliberately omitted from all the promotion materials.

That's implying no one will die in the final battle.

deu·ter·ag·o·nist
ˌd(y)o͞odəˈraɡənəst/
noun
>the person second in importance to the protagonist in a drama.

Take your meds, Jimmy. Freyja may not be a pilot, but overall, her role carries more importance than Hayate.

Makina is the semenest of demons

>Maybe the rumored cliffhanger ending
I thought the cliffhanger ending was scratched when they decided to do two cours instead of one plus a movie.

>Hayate will end up with Mirage

Yeah, I'm sure that will happen. How many episodes of Mirage throwing herself at Hayate and Hayate is still MUH FREYJA?

It's time to let it go.

Mirage is a Mirage. HayaFre will make rogue Zentradi remember love.

Just like Hikaru and Minmay, right? He will let it go.

Are you dumb? Did you even watch sdf and how there were episodes were Hikaru was already between Minmay and Misa? At least before shit went down, Hikaru already saw Misa as more than just a friend/work companion. Retarded idiots like you are the worst.

B-But Misa won!!
B-But Hikaru left Minmay for Misa!
B-But MUH Macross tradition...

Jesus christ. It's like you all ignore Misa's development and take only what suits you best so your Mirage delusion works.

Take your meds, delusional freyjafag, because you're with slainefag's syndrome

If only

Mhm. Whatever you say.

Hikaru loved Minmay more than Misa. He just chose her out convenience and by the same act keked himself another time.

This
Nowadays, Female MC = Yuri

Why can't they do a love triangle with a female as the MC and 2 supporting male character?

Hikaru's "love" for Minmay always struck me as childish, like a projection of him liking a cute idol. They didn't work at all. That relationship was full of cracks.

Minmay only saw Hikaru as an escape from her idol life.
Hikaru saw Minmay as a cute idol he'd like to date. A fantasy if you will.

And that's why HikaruMinmay would never work. They never met halfway.

Misa on the other hand understood him and was a better choice overall for him.

He has a point though. She's definitely more relevant. It's to be expected though, since the main thing in Delta is the idol action, not the mecha action.

Also, the ending they building up to is a showdown between Mikumo and Freyja (plus the other Walkure girls). I can't see Hayate having a major role in all this. Sure he'll fight to support Freyja and Walkure but that's about it.

It's kind of an inversal of roles from Frontier, where the idol songs were support for the mecha pilot.

>people compared Mirage with Misa
>now they're comparing Freyja with Minmay

Here's the difference newfag. In SDF, Hikaru had a one sided crush on Minmay, so Misa was there to talk to him when he felt down, so they fell in love. In Delta, Hayate had no crush, he started out as friends with Freyja. The two would always playfully tease each other and support each other. Freyja now loves him and so far it's strongly implied he loves her back. As for Mirage, he saved them a couple times, spoke with Hayate a few times, fell in love with him for some reason, but has made no romantic advances towards him at all. To make things worse, Hayate has not once looked at Mirage as more than just a friend or a teacher. What exactly makes you believe Hayate will just give up on Freyja when the circumstances of both shows are very different?

Probably because the producers are afraid it would feel too much like shoujo.

>idol
>Filthy Windermerian
>30 yo life expectancy

is this AnimeSuki or reddit?

No sane person would want to get cucked by a man while watching anime

>idol
Sheryl was an idol
>Filthy Windermerian
Well Hayate is a filthy Human
>30 yo life expectancy
Sheryl had even less time to live when Alto fell for her

Why are people this retarded?

We will see with the ending in 3 weeks.

pls Kamille-kun leave

What will happen to Mikumo? That's the real question. She is supposed to be a Star Singer or something.

>a love triangle with a female as the MC and 2 supporting male character
This only happens in shoujo, In other genres it's always Yuri.

>What will happen to Mikumo? That's the real question. She is supposed to be a Star Singer or something.
Chances are very good that the ruins wouldn't survive the end of the show. And that without the ruins Mikumo would be just an ordinary girl with some minor superpowers.

>posting kamille
>calling other people retarded

Was Escaflowne a Shojo?