Mao Dante / Demon Lord Dante Storytime

Yesterday was Go Nagai's birthday so I thought I'd storytime Mao Dante. This manga was essentially proto-Devilman. Check the other thread for Devilman storytime.

>The great demon Mao Dante, exploiting the weakness of a boy exposed to his demonic influence in his dreams, is awakened from a thousand-year sleep. The intent of this being, a survivor of an ancient and forgotten civilization, is to wipe out the whole human race.
But it's not that simple: the motivations of the demon aren't so wicked as one might think, and they will combine with the life of the boy, which hangs between nightmares and craziness. In the meanwhile, the Satanists fight against the hierarchy of the church to obtain a justice which is, as it's easy to guess, that of the demon Mao.

Just a note of warning: IF YOU ARE CHRISTIAN, THIS MANGA WILL TRIGGER YOUR SENSES

Furthermore, the manga never had a proper ending (due to magazine cancellation), but it had manga remakes that weren't scanlated, and an anime which also has an ending (but it's barely an anime, more like a slideshow due to the crappy budget)

Wouldn't it be better to dump this once the other storytime is over?

No. If people want to read Mao Dante, I'm giving them the option.

I'm also not the Devilman storytime guy.

The more the better.

>The more the better.
that's true, but it would be even betterer if you could do this after the other storytime is finished because otherwise both stories become a confused mess even if you read them volume by volume since they're so similar. also it's kind of a dick move against the op of the other thread since he started a while ago and you'd just be splitting the readership

bump

>you'd just be splitting the readership
Sup Forums doesn't work that way. Not everyone is aware that there are two storytime threads.

I've storytimed Devilman in the pat, but I want to change a bit.

Furthermore, it's Nagai's birthday, otherwise I wouldn't be inclined to dump. In fact, I might not even be interested to do it any other day.

Also pretty sure having a storytime thread doesn't mean you'll have to read this here. Today is a good day to introduce people to Nagai, and it wouldn't be the same any other day.

I mean, I could theoritically also storytime Kekkou Kamen, if you feel their stories are too similar, but Mao Dante works as a companion series to Devilman.

If I started storytiming Mao Dante without people being aware of Devilman, it would be kind of pointless.

I'll just storytime till the thread dies. Now at least you know there's Mao Dante if you finish reading Devilman.

manga is up on bakabt.

bump for interest

Read Devilman, never Mao Dante.

Shit, forgot to actually put bump in the field.

What a lewd picture.

Belief in psychic abilities was a pretty big fad in the 70s, wasn't it?

So why did he make this? It's very damn similar to Devilman so far.