Greatest Comedy anime

Which is the best out of these legendary four?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uvbaM-URygs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YpuRcmPnSTM
youtube.com/watch?v=EpQ0Nsc27j8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=D7x2ai9cC1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=XcLsqKYYfb0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SnH by far.

CP isn't all that funny if you haven't seen what it's parodying.

This. It's just masturbation.

Carnival Phantasm easily had me laughing the hardest and Seto was great.

Nichijou

None of those, althouh SnH comes close.

>I will never watch CP
Too bad, I love the OP.

>No Excel Saga

Shit taste

If these are the top four comedy anime then I think it's safe to say comedy is a shit genre.

Your favorite comedy anime is shit and you should feel like shit.

Also: no Amagi?

Whatever you say.

Ixion Saga was great. I laughed at the DT jokes

I realise it's fun to rebel and go against the crowd and be unique but you honestly don't believe that and you're not fooling anybody. These anime are great.

I find Cromartie and the first two seasons of Milky Holmes funnier than those.

>comedy
>anime
Well, OP actually made me laugh.

I forgot about Sora no Otoshimono. That's included.

Nichijou can be easily replaced
has a point with CP. It's only really funny for people who get it.

sakamoto desu ga by a mile

I'm sorry but Cromartie is a piece of shit. You'd be better off watching Beavis and Butt-Head and I'm not even joking.

I really don't like Nisekoi.

Minami-ke is probably the funniest anime I've seen. Or Ika Musume.

Seto no Hanayome also best ending
original for the most part, though nichijou is also god tier

Nisekoi? I mean Nichijou...

Are you implying Beavis and Butthead is anything short of art?

CP is pure cancer trash though. Not that I expect anything different from a newfriend posting a image.jpg file.

>no sabagebu
>no Osomatsu
>includes Nichijou
Come on man. Nichijou isn't funny. It's a good watch but if you were laughing I have some serious concerns.

I think we can all agree Phantasm has the best intro by a long shot.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uvbaM-URygs

I loved Seto no Hanayome but could not find Nichjou funny in the slightest

It's great to see Seto no Hanayome being discussed.

Nichijou is the best of those. Best produced, most distilled and pure comedy since it doesn't rely on tropes or parody.

This song is about sex..

?

>phantasm
>seto
>nichijou
>nichibro

Lude!

Fuck are you saying it's like 65% of all music then?

Damn, that incantation really activates your magic circuits...

Of those 4? Seto, followed by Nichibros.

Nothing's made me laugh harder than Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun though.

In all reality Sora no Otoshimono is probably the best.

>implying Beavis and Butt head isn't good

>nozaki
Really? I like Nozaki but until you mentioned it I would never have thought of it in this context. Is it really a comedy? It feels like it is predominately a light hearted drama that smashes its comedy elements out of the park.
It's kind of like saying a harem is a comedy just because it was funny.

Either way, nozaki was great. Killer OP

Nichjou is unfunny incarnate

Fumoffu

None of the above. Also, this

Okay so can we all stop pretending to be cool for just one thread and discuss why most comedy anime is better dubbed?

>no Gintama or GTO
Yeah, i guess Sup Forums is dead after all

It's because almost everybody here isn't Japanese and English humor translates better. Anybody who says otherwise is basically just a pathetic weeb.

>no one mentions the King of Comedy, Pani Poni Dash
For shame

Who?

Who the hell are those old hags?

Because comedy is almost all about delivery and timing.

So basically you're saying you don't like comedy anime. If you don't like it subbed literally then all your doing is laughing at English writers when they 'localise' jokes. Like if you don't like the nip jokes you literally do not like the source material. Why fucking watch comedy anime at all in that case? Why not just stick to western shit? There's heaps of easily accessed high quality western comedy, why wait until some 2nd rate fag butchers nip jokes?

Also, Japs can't into subtlety. They always shout out what the punchline is in exact detail.

I recommend everybody watch Sora no Otoshimono or English Heavens Lost Property. It's one of the best anime I've ever seen in general not to mention it's comedy.

Did you even stop during your pathetic response and think maybe people like the style and music anime brings to the table.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YpuRcmPnSTM

R U Squidding me?

You can bet your beak I'm not even Squidding you.

I think it's more a cultural difference. After all, there a lot of people outside the US who get sick of its humor for its traits. Take Ghost Stories. A lot of people love it, and some hate it for its "Burger humor."

It doesn't make it any less funny, but it requires a certain degree of exposure. While it falls flat a lot for me, there are times where that dry, mundane explanations of what obviously just happened can add to the humor in a strange way.

>image.gif
>retarded 'reaction' youtube
>style and music heavily related to comedy
Wrong on all points. If you like the style and music of anime then go ahead and watch anime. My point is, why watch comedy anime when your clearly not into that sort of humour.

If your response in genuinely, 'I like the music they play between gags' then my only response would be to ask you to go back where you came from. Stop masquerading shit taste as something rational and sensical. You have no basis for what you claim to be doing.

I wish they still made anime with heroines who just don't give a shit.

God Fucking dammit, the thread derailed.

SnH

but SnH isn't even the best Anime comedy featuring mermaids.

The jokes are pretty much the same. They just sound better in English. It's funnier to hear a joke out loud than read it because there's a lot of things that work to bring a joke together and reading it will never compare to actually hearing it told correctly even if it's now 100% to the atom accurate to the original because they changed small words like and, but and the around to make it work in English.

Everything you said was an opinion and most of them hateful and not helping anybody and nothing more. You failed to prove a single point. Congratulations.

Best Girl squad.

I will agree that delivery is important but I don't think that subbing is really all that detrimental. You can laugh at interactions in a book, why not in a show. Rather than being limited the only difference between the two is that the show may use audio-visual cues in tandem with the written comedy which was already fine.
Another issue is a lot of nip jokes are related to word play and other nip specific things. If you can't here the words playing off each other then it's shit. If you copy it into an english word play then the joke is 100% different as the quality of the word play is in how it sounds and how the actors deliver it off each other.

I started watch SnH, but it seemed too similar to UY and not nearly as good. I mean, it was alright, but UY is the same and better.

It's not really that different user. Comedy anime in dub is popular for a reason. Why do you think most of the anime mentioned in this thread are available in English? Hearing a joke is far superior to reading it.

What'd you all think of this short gem?
Did any of you even watch it?

Of the choices offered in the OP, probably Nichijou.

However, Azumanga Daioh is still the big winner for comedy, even after all these years. Tomo physically threatening to throw Chiyo off a cliff for absolutely no reason remains one of the high watermarks for anime.

Special mention for Yuru Yuri, which feels like a slightly toned down, sexed-up AzuDaioh from an alternate universe.

Did a double-take when I saw this image, it's rare to see anyone else who remembers GA. Just feel the need to say that Galaxy Angel Season 3 is legit one of the most creative and consistently funny pieces of animated comedy ever. It's such an absolute travesty that fuck-all people have seen it.

Galaxy angel was one of my first. I still have all the DVD's that i burned the epiosdes onto.

good stuff. Also always reminds me of this.youtube.com/watch?v=EpQ0Nsc27j8

shit taste confirmed

Azumanga is leaning far towards the slice of life side and it's all girls. Girls aren't really that funny.

It's a matter of delivery mainly, as has already been said.

Yuuko's voice actress in Nichijou deserves special mention, though, for being able to make a lot of lines funny even from the perspective of someone who has no idea what she's saying.

SELAMAT TINGGAL.

I enjoyed it. I don't think its as funny as some of the other shows mentioned. And its not as dense with is comedy. But it was good.

Females are not funny.

This is an OBJECTIVE fact

Girls can be funny when they are written and created by a guy

>and most of them hateful and not helping anybody
>eng dubs don't reflect nip comedy
>hateful
The only opinion that is hateful is my opinion of you. Comedy anime is fine, anime in general is too. Western comedy is fine. Why watch a poorly written western joke grafted over a show and pretend to actually like the show?

>Comedy anime in dub is popular for a reason
I see no backing to this statement. Most 'popular' anime has a dub. By your logic hearing action in english is better and thus why so many shounen actions are dubbed.

While you say it, 'isn't really that different' nor is reading a joke. I understand there are some people who find subs jarring but if you can read and watch well then it's perfectly fine. Given comedy has written before it was recorded I really don't know what you're trying to suggest given that one is a close translation that keeps the tone and intent of the original actors in tact and the other is an interpretation grafted on top.

I live heavens lost property. It's stupid and wacky but that's why I think I like it as much as I do.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=D7x2ai9cC1Q

Didn't a female write Konosuba?

Compared with the slice of life stuff that came in the years following it, AzuDaioh is downright anarchic at times. Comparing AD to something like K-On feels almost like comparing Beavis and Butt-Head to King of the Hill (KOTH kicks the shit out of K-On any day, mind.) The only reason it really gets thrown into the SoL category is because the term is so broad.

Girls are certifiably hilarious. Actually, you could probably genderflip everyone and the show would be basically intact, but I get the feeling Osaka works much better as a female character for whatever reason.

Have some Keiji Fujiwara then.
That was an unexpectedly entertaining video.

>the jokes are only funny if you get the jokes!

Case and point

I don't see Azumanga Daioh in there.

lol

If you get it though it easily blows any and all comedy anime out of the water is the catch.

Yeah don't worry. This thread is retarded. If they cannot understand the joke, in English, without context, then it is a bad joke.

All I literally said is it's funnier to hear jokes out loud. You're twisting words in your desperation to defend you me precious Japanese version.

Mi negro

Out of shows I've watched somewhat recently I found D-Frag to be absolutely hilarious. Shirobako, which I just finished, had some excellent comedy moments as well. My all time favorite comedy anime is definitely Arakawa Under the Bridge which delivers episode after episode. I love the complete absurdity of it. Like this skit (even though only a bit of it is on youtube it's a god tier episode from start to finish)
youtube.com/watch?v=XcLsqKYYfb0

It actually replaced Pani Poni Dash which used to be my favorite for quite some time. Too bad Shaft got ruined by all their terrible monogatari adaptations and don't make good anime anymore. Quite the loss

I love the Azumanga Daioh manga, but the anime just isn't that good.

Your*
-me

I honestly have no idea how that happened.

I really can't get into nichijou at all for some reason
I think Sket dance is one of the most underrated comedy out there

I enjoyed it. But I feel they tried to swing the mood too far in the last half of both seasons. would have been better being just straight up comedy or having one serious season and one comedy season.

Also the protagonist is extremely unlikable. but that's kind of their charm. I reason that he gets a harem only because 3/4 of the girls don't actually know any alternatives.

The first movie was pretty bad at least if you just watched the two seasons since the first half of it is essentially just a flash back.

What are you retarded newshits doing here?

Posts a picture from a show full of hilarious girls.

I know, I love CP.

So? Who's to say she actually a funny person in real life?

Funny thing is the one that's actually funny in the show is Kazuma, a male.

>I love the Azumanga Daioh manga, but the anime just isn't that good.

It's definitely a big step down from the manga, but it still stands as one of the best comedy anime ever made.

That can be read either as praise of the Azumanga Daioh anime or a serious indictment of comedy anime, depending on how you take it.

Konosuba was fucking gold to me.