Why, Sup Forums?

Why, Sup Forums?

I saw this page blasted all over Sup Forums for months and it still got me when I got to that chapter.

Me too.

It still hurt, even though I knew it was coming.

So was it a sad ending or a happy ending?

Happy

Same.

Sumire was truly best girl.

Which proves again that boys do make the best girls, even in a literal sort of way.

Then why did it hurt so much?

It happy for people who lives in darkness

>Sumire was truly best girl.

>No "Sumire becomes a real girl" ending

Because that was the closest he ever was from breaking character. That's how much they meant to him.

But we see him cry all the time when he's in pain or moved. That's just the first time he was in focus during it.

Why does Japan hate happy endings so much?

>No "Sumire becomes a real girl" ending

Maybe Sumire was already a real girl?

But it was a happy ending. Weren't you paying attention?

Sumire will always be there to brighten the lives of each generation. And the Old Man will never forget each of the memories he's created with each generation.

And it's possible one day he'll pass on Sumire to someone else, to continue his work.

But that doesn't make sense, what about the loli Sumire? Why did she stop growing up?

The ending felt rushed. After that freaky friday nonsense, it just rushed right into the ending without pacing itself at all.

Well, guess what, the manga was cancelled.

the doll was his dead daughter

Why?

I think thats kinda what every reader assumed.

No, the old man is her dead father.

I don't buy that.

>mfw he's a husk

It has to be more than that, the world just needs to to be more.

But the Mysterious woman was too young for Sakura to be her son. That theory doesn't really work.

Who?

When the reason behind the faces of the adults came I cried like a fucking bitch

>Those feels

Old man gets to be a genki high school girl forever.

Basically Sup Forums's dream

Maybe Loli Sumire is still being used.
Or she was, funny enough, to old to be used anymore.

that was the first time i actually cried reading a manga, not just tearing up a bit but bawling

I always took it as an allegory for the mangaka

>feels