Shirobako

I just finished Shirobako. Does Sup Forums agree that it is literally flawless?

It's the first thing I have given a 10/10 in a long time.

Not even the best PA Works anime.

S2 never

It was AotY and has been the best show of the decade thus far. We still have a few more years to go so hopefully something will surpass it but I don't really have high expectations.

Zuka best girl.

It was enjoyable, but it wasn't a 10/10. I enjoyed the history of animation and the background stories the most.

PA Works are the ones truly saving anime.

>Zuka best girl.

As if

It was a fun slice of life that gave a good glimpse into the industry and the girls accomplished most of what they set out to do, other than creating their own anime I think.

I don't think any more is necessary

>she was with her dad for a large number of episodes
>never got an episode where he dies and she crys her eyes out but is convinced to come back to making anime by Aoi

The only flaw in the series desu

Agreed, a movie where they make that pirate anime or whatever they did in school would be nice though. Another series is too much.

>Ema will never come back
why live?

I'm sure she'll be allowed to make a short appearance in S2 if she promises to shower first.

Yuri is shit cancer and anyone who likes it is /u/, not Sup Forums.

>yuri

Are you lost?

I miss Ema's single motherhood adventures

sweet smile

The sweetest.

>originally hated onigiri head girl and her one syllable speech
>mfw it grew on me within a matter of minutes

She's so fucking CUUUUUUUUTE

>shitobako
>flawless
lul

it was ok

It's the only anime in the past three years that has given me an emotional reaction. The only one where I actually cared about the characters' successes and failures.

it's a meme anime favored by reddit

>meme
>reddit

Do you actually have any opinions or do you just spout memes constantly?

What about Shirobako is "favoured by reddit"? Why is it a "meme"?

>changing a letter in the title
not an argument, thanks for showing you can't prove me wrong

Who else though that episode 23 felt out of place? it was too magical and crazy.

>literally flawless
Well, I'm sure it's not, but I can't think of any individual flaws. Shirobako was excellent.

It was a great eye opener to see the behind scenes into the day to day running of getting an anime out on schedule it was informative with some cute/sad moments.

Wouldn't call it flawless or a 10/10 though.

Literally how
Worst fucking character on the show, even worse than the blonde edgy guy that wasn't taking his job seriously. She's retarded.

>Wouldn't call it flawless or a 10/10 though.

Any specific reason why? Personally I was torn between a 9 or a 10, but I couldn't think of a single flaw so I had to settle on a 10.

There is no such thing as a flawless work, but it was pretty good, best of its year.

Shinsekai Yori is flawless, any flaws you might come up with are objective opinions.

Your measure of 10/10 seems pretty out of wack. What makes a 10/10 is that it connects with you in a unique and personal way. Flawless isn't enough.

don don donuts
let's go nuts

9/10's can connect with you, at least for me.

Any 9's I give are for shows that really connect with me and there are few flaws that do not impact the quality of the piece, maybe a handful of scenes that I feel should have been different but nothing that's significant in any way.

A 10/10 would be the same, but with no flaws.

>the tears when they did that in the last episode, exactly like they started but now all grown up

Fuck that was nice

It did have some QUALITY here and there, that much is true regardless of anything else.

Doesn't matter.

>objective opinions
???

>poor animation
>doesn't matter
ok

Not really, no.

It's too deep for you, you wouldnt understand.

It can not matter to you but that alone makes it not flawless.

>literally flawless
It was great, but autist-chan was a flaw.

I thought she was cute but yeah she didn't really fit in. A flat character out of place in a pretty dynamic cast.

For me it's the opposite, something that is flawless is 9/10 and a 10/10 deeply moves me on a personal level.

>objective opinions
What did he mean by this?

Mimuji and Roro ruin every scene they're in.

If it's so good that its flaws don't matter, isn't it flawless? The person who hates Shinsekai Yori cause of choppy animation is not the person to rate anime shows to be honest

>something that is flawless doesn't get maximum points

Eh, ratings like that are dumb anyway because someones 3/10 vs another persons 6/10 could have the same opinion anyway.

But still, if it's truely "flawless" surely it should be 10/10, even without personal movement.

No, because it has flaws.

It can still be really fucking good and near flawless, but if it has flaws it can't be flawless, no matter how good the other 99% is.

Those trying to tag something that is essentially art as "flawless" are all kidding themselves, just trying to prove something for the sake of winning an argument. By the same logic something can be flawless/perfect and still be an absolutely mediocre piece of shit.

It'd be fine if he said that the flaws didn't matter. However he said that it has no flaws, which is blatantly incorrect.

thanks for making this thread, just remembered i wanted to watch this.

This discussion is flawless

I think he wanted to say "objectively". Pic related.

>objectively opinions

Yeah, I don't think so.

>*actions*

I'm not saying I agree with him. I'm just trying to turn his mess of words into a meaningful statement.

Newfags are really funny.

Shirobako was a borefest and only got remotely good at the late end.

/me thinks you're a cunt

>Shirobako was a borefest

I watched the whole thing in 2 sittings, I'm not able to do that with many anime, it was certainly not boring.

But using a term like "newfag" in this situation just shows how much you're trying to fit in. I bet you only hate all the anime you watch, assuming you actually watch any that is.

Personally, I rate stuff just for myself, so I can go back and have a quick record of what I thought about each show. In general however, a rating system like this is about matching individual tastes seeing as it is all subjective anyway. The whole point of a critic, for example, is that every individual should try and find a critic whose taste matches their individual taste as much as possible. This way the ratings will be more accurate for them. That's the theory, anyway.

"Flawless" is obviously hyperbole, I'm sure you could nitpick all sorts of animation errors, or say that there are shows with better art, or a more impactful script, or that some character motivation isn't consistent, but when I say that something is "flawless" what I really mean is that nothing stands out to me as a significant problem. Really I just use the hyperbolic term "flawless" because I also happen to think the show is great. I certainly don't think the show is flawless in any definitive absolute sense, but it's flawless in terms of my own experience with the show, in a very subjective (and arguably meaningless) sense.