How would Voter ID laws actually hurt minorities...

How would Voter ID laws actually hurt minorities? I've seen the argument made a lot whenever Voter ID laws come up that "it'll just make it next to impossible for minorities to vote in elections" but to get a ID/Drivers License/SSC/anything else to prove you are who you say you are only takes like a few hours at the DPS and like $50 tops.

What's the logic behind this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Their logic is this.

>voter IDs mean having to go to the DMV/Wherever
>it's harder for poorer people to find the time to go get one
>minorities are more poor on average and therefore it will be harder for them to find the time to get one
>you're trying to put down minorities indirectly

I'm all for them to combat voter fraud, but in my opinion, the government has to be the one to go out of their way to issue them. You have the right to vote that cannot be taken away, and you shouldn't have to go out of your way to any degree, no matter how easy or convenient it is.

>How would Voter ID laws actually hurt minorities?
They wouldn't. It's another Democrat scam. They don't want to lose their illegal votes.

That's a pretty well good point, actually. I hadn't really thought of it that way, I guess it's kind of a slippery slope.

Do you think minorities will ever wake up and realize how hard the DNC is fucking them? They're literally just props for the Democrat narrative.

do u have an id book like this, every one gets one without it u cant vote, and i believe ur thumb gets inked when u cast ur vote, that washes out in a few days.

>Democrats unironically believe blacks and Hispanics are too stupid, illiterate and lazy to get a state issues ID.

>Do you think minorities will ever wake up and realize how hard the DNC is fucking them? They're literally just props for the Democrat narrative.

Some are waking up but not nearly enough. It's hard to say. They are spending billions to keep minorities on the Dem. plantation.

It will make it impossible for them to vote multiple times or if they are here illegally. Poor babies. If someone is too inept to get an ID they should be disqualified to vote.

youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs
Exhibit A

Except this is wrong.

Every state that has voter ID laws have mobile units that will drive to a would be voter's house if they are poor and live in a rural county. That is, even shit holes like Mississippi and Alabama rural counties will drive their fat lard asses out in a state van with the equipment to make a state ID to a poor black fat lard asses shit shack out in the outback of their states just to make sure that every single legal voter, whether they are a fat lard ass shut in living in an apartment in a city or a poor as fuck fat lard ass shut in living in a shit shack out in the belly button of God's belly out in the country can get a photo ID.

What voter ID laws have a proven effect is to inspire minorities to vote at a higher level than states without voter ID laws. Why? Because the minorities are always hearing how their states, which require voter IDs, only require the IDs as an act by Republicans to suppress their Democratic voting asses. So they get their lazy asses up and go vote to stick it to the republicans who don't want them voting.

You can register by mail, like I did. Argument defunct.

I recall Quanell X tried to urge black people to consider all parties and their stances, rather than just blindly towing the DNC line. It was legitimately surprising to see so many of them turn on him and start screaming Uncle Tom. It was actually pretty sad

let's cut the shit, if all voters we're vetted according to actual proof of citizenship, the democrats would lose 50% of their voter base. Also need election reform laws ASAP we need to go to paper ballots, no more Diebold, Inc. machines owned by Soreass

Democracy is shit, no one should be voting.

Forcing voter ID might be both the easiest thing to change and the best thing for us.

The republicans have the votes, why hasn't this issue been brought up at all since Trump won? Can we meme this into being an issue again?

>Over 800 million registered voters in India
>All of them have Voter IDs
>Impossible to do one-fourth of that here

It's almost like most SJW's pushing against voter ID laws have never actually talked to a black person or something

Commies get out REEEEEEEEEEEEE

I mean just getting a regular, non driving, non license or practical whatever ID should be incredibly fucking cheap but it's not.

That said voter ID laws shouldn't really need to be a thing. The Democrats only push it because they'd lose all their illegal votes, we shouldn't have illegal votes because we shouldn't have illegals.

Fuck that, if you can't go out of your way a little to get an ID then you probably can't go out of your way to inform yourself on the candidates. Let my taxes pay for the IDs I dont care but if you cant take a trip to the DMV one day in 4 years then fuck you don't vote.

Your opinion is such a shit liberal opinion. Do you think poor people or minorities are so lazy and so incapable that the government needs to hand deliver them the ability to vote? Voter IDs work everywhere they are implemented.

Voter ID hurts minorities because they are too fucking stupid to get IDs.

-Democrat

>Your opinion
My opinion is that I shouldn't be inconvenienced, no matter how minor, when trying to use my rights. Is it easy to get an ID? Sure. But it's the principle rather than the actual practice.

>Do you think poor people or minorities are so lazy and so incapable that the government needs to hand deliver them the ability to vote?
Yes, but that's not why I care. My only beef is that you have to take an additional step to use your rights, which should be natural. The government's job is to prevent voter fraud, not the voter's. Like I said, is it easy to get one? Sure. Do I think you're smart enough to vote if you can't go out one time in your life to get one? Probably not but I don't get to decide who does and doesn't get to vote.

Minorities? Yes. Blacks specifically? No. They vote for Democrat in the upwards of 90-95%, and expect Democrats to care about them. They're a monolith and fucking retarded to think that they'll do anything for them. The job of a politician is to get power and maintain power. They give them the votes AUTOMATICALLY no matter what they do or say, so why the fuck would they try to fix their communities or bother doing ANYTHING when they get what they want without effort? At least Hispanics have some kind of differing viewpoints, seeing as how they are split 65-35.

>I shouldn't be inconvenienced
What contributing member of society does not already have a drivers license? What, you can't manage to update your drivers license once every 12 years?

>when trying to use my rights
You have a right to bear arms, does that mean you expect the government to buy you a gun and ammo and deliver it to your house? You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the constitution works...

I don't believe false identification is our LARGEST voter fraud problem, there are bigger issues at play, however, this is something we can actually address pretty easily. Its ridiculous that right now you can go to the voter box and say "Here is my vote, I am John Doe" and they are supposed to just take your word for it. Insane

>driver's license
Driving isn't a right. Of course I should go out of my way to get one.

>You have a right to bear arms, does that mean you expect the government to buy you a gun and ammo and deliver it to your house?
A right to bear arms =/= the right to a gun. I do not have the right to any gun, I have the right to HAVE a gun if I so choose.

The right to vote means I have the right to vote, and no one can get in the way of that. Regulating voter fraud is not my job as a voter. My job is to decide whether or not I want to vote, and who I want to vote for. That's it. If the government wants to regulate it through IDs that's fine, just give me the ID. The government is getting in the way of my rights, even ever so slightly, and they should have to be the one inconvenienced, not me.

>Regulating voter fraud is not my job as a voter
That is stupid that you wouldn't be willing to get an ID (especially considering 95% of people already have a state-issued ID, like a drivers license) in order to stop voter fraud. How about this, since you wanna get technical, we will retain your right to vote without an ID, however, we just won't count your vote. Then we're both happy