When did you learn that we are in a simulation?

Watch these videos (they aren't that long, if you don't have the time than just watch the first one)
youtube.com/watch?v=v2Xsp4FRgas
youtube.com/watch?v=4C5pq7W5yRM
youtube.com/watch?v=H6HLjpj4Nt4
When did you learn we are in a simulation? How does it effect your political views?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3CyN8rYdX6g
advances.sciencemag.org/content/3/9/e1701758
eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-09/uoo-gth092617.php
popularmechanics.com/science/news/a28505/scientists-dont-prove-were-not-living-in-a-simulation/
youtube.com/watch?v=nXIpR_agyl4
bigthink.com/philip-perry/how-two-physicists-proved-were-not-living-inside-the-matrix
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

a long time ago.
It doesn't

doesn't the bible say it since beginning? we are puppets in the hands of a more powerful being

Yea it doesn't really change my political beliefs either.

Did you watch the videos I posted? They are quite good.

youtube.com/watch?v=3CyN8rYdX6g

Go back to /x

>Space, universe

I stopped watching there

Just for a giggle, without even watching the vids - Yeah, if we are, so what? We're still actors with consciousness, and have to deal with a bunch of others as equals. If the rules of physics were set by something conscious, or just the coincidental nature of the universe, they're still worth figuring out. It wouldn't change a thing, unless it was a literal Matrix scenario.

We're under a dome, and the earths flat. This bothers me, sadly it can't be debunked and space can't be proven.

Just cool to think about. We exist in a dream in the Mind of God.

i dont care if were in simulation or not i just want to see more tiddies

What a load of bullshit.

Hanging out on Sup Forums and r/kia has taught me not to be dismissive of people I disagree with.
but you fucking flat earthers are always good for a giggle - the one safe thing to feel entirely, gloriously smug about. thank you for being the biggest moron you can be, it truly improves my day.

I agree, now how do we prove the earth is a spinning ball and space travel is real?

What does it even matter OP. We can neither prove nor disprove we are in a simulation with irrefutable evidence. If we are in a simulation it might be for good reason. What if the real world is a terrible place and this is how the real us chose to escape that reality?

There are three celestial objects in play, and none of them are flatly aligned? This... isn't that complicated.

Yes they are all flatly aligned... that is literally what an eclipse is...

No, they happen to be intersecting - Not aligned. The planet isn't on a flat circle moving around the sun - its angle changes with the seasons, and its reative position is elliptical. Same for the moon around the earth - on top of that, the moon's movement isn't neatly lined up with the rotation.

Seriously - Shits all over the place, orbits are wobbly.

Hi there Scott Adams.

I'm not feeling the spin, or believing in space yet.. anything better than that?

How about the curvature, 8 inches of curve per linear mile forward squared. This has never been observed, do you think the space station is real too?

Wow this proves NASA is a hoax wowee how'd u do it

We're apparently leaning at 66.6 degrees and orbiting the sun at 666 mph or per second/whatever bs. Hmmm interesting number that 666, I hear it's a religious number.

Good opportunity to post this.

It's very simple, you look for the jew references and as soon as you find them you stop and think; "do jews lie to goyim?"

If the answer is yes, you're probably being lied too.

>hyposesis

"universe" is literally the word for the catholic bible. catholic meaning katholikos or "universal"

nasa is a joke. the moon is a Kubrick stunt

I don't NEED anything better than that. You're a hilariously idiotic jackass, and I'm literally just here to soak it in.

But since this is fun - Why would you feel the spin? The difference in scale is so monumental it's pretty tough to comprehend. Like, I have no problem admitting that holding more than a thousand of anything comprehensively in my head takes effort. Moreso millions, billions, etc. 24,901 around? Fuck no I have no real idea how big that is, closest real point of reference. What, do you have to fully grasp something to not be a flaming retard about it?

he's idiotic because he says the space station isn't real? have you seen it?

>le quantum proofs
Are they going to pretend that uncertainty means no reality?

I want her to robo-pee in my mouth

that's not just a theory. the bible implies this when it states only 144000 souls get into heaven. maybe there are only that many good souls possible, and everyone else would be bad. so you have to achieve this mold.

it's worse than a simulation.
solipsism is true.
I am/we are the only consciousness that exists.
I am/we are utterly alone.

>haha lol god is fake dude grow up
>what? you dont believe we're characters in a video game?

Atheism.
Not even once.

Yes - My dad, now sixty to my thirty, happens to be a serious telescope enthusiast. I've been able to make out details and see the shape of the thing. Its pretty rare its backlit against the moon, but not never.

If this subject is grabbing your attention it's probably because you know there's something fishy about space. If you can debunk flat earth, you'll be richer than bill nye/degrass Tyson.

I really hope you can do it, but I know you can't :/

It's already been debunked. It was centuries ago. The reason you piss me off so much is the same reason talks-to-ghosts psychics piss me off. You're polluting reality with insanity and lies.

totaly. you go international space station spotting with your dad but you ran away when you were confronted. I believe you (I dont. you're full of shit)

Ran. Away. Mnh. And how do you figure that?

Ok, what evidence?

The pendulum in France? If that was accurate, aircraft would have a huge ground speed advantage whilst flying against the orbit of the earth as the pendulum implies motion occurring above the ground is altered by the ground moving independently under the object (orbit)

If u look seriously at the proof that earths a sphere, you'll become a flat earther like the rest of us.

Weeeed duuuuuude haha le 4twen20

I'm not an atheist, I believe we are in a dream in the Mind of God. Watch the first video.

I asked you a question. Justify your claim.

>here guy watch this video
>hey read this book
>hey just believe don't question
Go back to x faggot

You made a statement which I'll paraphrase;
>Y'all just lyin, and its getting me pissed

There is no evidence to prove the heliocentric spinning earth meme, absolutely none. I referenced the pendulum because this is the final piece of evidence debunkers find and believe before realising they've been lied to.

I see you're still early in your journey, best of luck - its a head fuck.

What's wrong with watching videos or reading books? I never said to not question it, don't know what you're talking about.

bunk
Too complex to be a simulation.
Thermal Hall conductance
advances.sciencemag.org/content/3/9/e1701758
eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-09/uoo-gth092617.php
or you can believe popscience:
popularmechanics.com/science/news/a28505/scientists-dont-prove-were-not-living-in-a-simulation/

Very nice! Thanks user!

Checkd

About 5 years ago.

Uhhhh what if we're a really complex simulation in a much more complex world????

66600 mph

space is fake

If we're in a sim, where's my goddamn MLP pony?

i once watched the matrix and immediately i was super woke af

Your choices matter. Never think that they don't.

This could be the case as well.
All the questions and stuff itt so far are answered by the first video, and expanded upon in the second video.

But why assign the probability that we live in a simulation to near 100%, as opposed to say 50%?

youtube.com/watch?v=nXIpR_agyl4

This is Rene "give her the D"escartes' Evil Demon thought experiment (which the point of is to show you need to have skepticism for things you can't prove, not blindly believe something you can't prove which is how ironically mostly atheist retarded redditors take this to mean) but for millennials who watching Elon Musk youtubes is the first time they've encountered babbys first philosophy problem.

i think we are living in a simulation but it doesnt change anything for me.
if we are in one then ive still been programmed to have the same morals, fears, fetishes, outlook and direction i had even when i thought they were my own make up 'naturally'. ive read comments on here and /x/ in the past on this where people have totally been blown out by it but i cant just abandon the things ive had programmed into me, such as a love for family and my own life.
if we are living in a space with limitations, be they physical or simulated, all thats really left for us to do is to make the best of what we have control of.

I've seen the ISS with my naked eye when my dad called me outside one night and was baffled by some bright star looking thing moving fairly quickly across the sky, I said it was probably just a satellite but he said those are too small to see, then the next day he told me he looked it up and it was the ISS going over us, you literally don't even need a telescope to see it if you're not a light polluted citycuck.

I think this question kind of misses the point. Basically all universes could be considered simulations, it doesn't matter if a universe is a simulation running inside a greater universe or not, information is being processed either way.

the theory is that if you were to run any sort of universal simulation and you had the computing power to do so, it wouldnt make any sense to run it once, which would be the 50% chance youve mentioned (we're either the pre tech power to run a sim society or we are the sim, 50/50).
if you had the capability, it would only make sense to run 10, 20, 100, 1000, 1000000 etc simulations to see whats different between them.
the more simulations a society runs, the more likely it is we're actually in one.

Space is fake
Religion is fake
Everything you hold dear is fake.
People don't like you, it's an act.

People dont realize simulation implies a creator which implies God. Simulation is proof of God.
Also people think simulation as being some program on a hardrive on a computer when in reality technology capable of a simulation like this would look nothing like what we consider computers.

the odds they assigned weren't arbitrary. It's nearly 100% because IF it is possible to simulate our universe in it's entirety with a strong enough computer, eventually there will be a society in that simulated universe with the technology to create their own simulation. This is kind of a chain reaction that, from a SINGLE universe that contains the possibility to simulate an entire universe, there will be a n infinite number of universes simulated.

Wow Kek is present in this thread

Did you get that from tumbler?

Its 144k souls that will be taken before tribulation
the rest still have a chance, but will experience revelation

That's literally what the first video is about, it's called "digital physics argument for God's existence"

Scott Adams convinced me we live in a simulation. It affects my political views because now I think there's virtually no limit on human technological process. I think that once we invent cold fusion we'll look at resources in a completely different way.

Kek has been more and more present these days.

then we're entering religion where your 'god' is a computer we don't know anything about and can't even imagine but have to trust is there.....
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You ultimately can't know anything about metaphysics so there's no point in even trying.
t. Wittgenstein

We don't care if you think you are in a simulation. Stop wasting our time AND POST MORE TITIES YOU CVCK

're-read' this one:
>eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-09/uoo-gth092617.php
>While trying to address a computer simulation of a quantum phenomenon occurring in metals, the researchers, Zohar Ringel and Dmitry Kovrizhin, found proof that such a simulation is impossible as a matter of principle. More precisely, they showed how the complexity of this simulation, - that can be measured in a number of processor hours, memory size, and electricity bills, - increases in line with the number of particles one would have to simulate.
>If the amount of computational resources required for a quantum simulation increases slowly (e.g. linearly) with the number of particles in the system, then one has to double a number of processors, memory, etc. in order to be able to simulate a system twice as large in the same amount of time. But if the growth is exponential, or in other words if for every extra particle one has to double the number of processors, memory, etc., then this task becomes intractable. Note, that even just to store the information about a few hundred electrons on a computer one would require a memory built from more atoms than there are in the Universe.
So don't go defeatist on me. How are you now not arguing for a god aka unimaginable computer? Seems like semantics at this point.
Is that a standard line you use to walk away?

A simulation eh?
How many Ax presses are needed to finish it?

This smells like deconstructing a worldview to make it more pliable to Marxism.

they are simulating wrong

Sorry OP. This shit world is all you get.
bigthink.com/philip-perry/how-two-physicists-proved-were-not-living-inside-the-matrix

That is from wind resistance not movement. The photo on the left would be accurate even if the earth was spinning because the atmosphere does not move separate from the world. As a matter of fact, the air move due to the earth and temperature

>1000 mph
why would you feel the spin

you're a brainlet that's too much of a brainlet to know you're one. inb4 it's like being in a moving train or car. Globe indoctrinates are so fucking stupid it's hilarious

this is no proof
the universe is not a quantum computer
is more of a graphics card
or an isic
we are their bitcoin

all a coincidence user, it's all a coincidence, COINCIDENCE I tell you!

>we are their bitcoin
Deep.

the flat earth is so hillarious

More flat earth redpills

Some flat earthers really are the best LARP.
No one is purposely that stupid.
Though a lot of them have the mission of trying to make Christianity look stupid.

>sees flying light in the sky with nasa coordinates
>instantly and unequivocally believes it must be the iss instead of a nasa blimp
muh space brainlets

Sorry senpai.