Gender Dysphoria for Dummies

So many of you seem to be unbelievably butthurt about transpeople here, without actually understanding anything about it. So here's a quick rundown:

tl;dr:
Transgender = "I don't feel like my sex" (not a choice, & is measurable)

Gender dysphoria (disorder) = mental stress due to being transgender, largely caused by being rejected or ridiculed by society. Basically, anxiety. They may not feel it 100% of the time just like a bipolar person may not feel depressed 100% of the time.

Transsexual = Transgender person experiencing gender dysphoria who has transitioned to their identified sex

Long version:

Gender dysphoria, or gender identity disorder (GID) is a physiological disorder resulting in a person having the phenotype of one sex, but a clinically diagnosed level of distress due to a conflict between their sex and the sex they mentally associate with, often represented in measurable differences in brain chemistry and hormones.

Psychological therapy has been shown to be ineffective; seeing a shrink can't fix a physiological issue, but it does help manage the other symptoms that may result from it, such as depression or other mental illnesses.

The leading biological treatment is hormone treatment, wherein a person is treated with the opposite sex's hormones, resulting in a more correct phenotype. Sex reassignment surgery is also another option. Hormone therapy has been shown to account for approximately 90% reduction in the rate of depression among trans people.(medscape.com/viewarticle/827713)

Being trans has nothing to do with "deciding" to feel some way, or flipping back and forth. Being transsexual is literally the state of being treated for gender dysphoria.
Thanks for reading. I encourage you to rethink your predispositions about these people, and stop being part of the problem. This is not an ideological or religious issue -- I myself am a straight, married, jewish conservative -- it's an issue of rejecting accepted medical science.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_reassignment_therapy
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12856892
cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosurgery
youtube.com/watch?v=McWSUjRq2zQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Important note for readers, gender dysphoria is not a synonym for transgenderism.

>implying today's trannies even believe you need GID
Face it, beta males are just putting on dresses and taken black market hormones without a diagnosis and tumblr girls are just cutting their hair short and wearing flanel. 90% of you faggots did decide to be that way.

We get it. You are mentally ill.

Most of us just want you to be cured without having to undergo inhuman medical procedures and continue on with a healthy life, but instead you are being used as tools to spread marxism and destroy the traditional family.

this is a retarded point of view because no surgeon alive will perform SRS on a gamble like that.

>be cured
feel free to invent one at any time. In the mean time, HRT and sugery work and work better than any alternative

Given the brazillian propensity to remove body hair not that I have any right to complain. its pretty hilarious you're calling us degenerate and destructive to the traditional family.

You're right they don't gamble on that. That's why there's a fuckton of non-op trannies that will bitch at you all day long about their girldick.

>We get it. You are mentally ill.

According to whom?

>Most of us just want you to be cured without having to undergo inhuman medical procedures and continue on with a healthy life, but instead you are being used as tools to spread marxism and destroy the traditional family.

Citation needed. Many doctors like me recognizes the legitimacy of gender dysphoria and supports seeking treatment however they see fit. The issue is with the social issue of recognition, which is not what's being discussed here. You have no more requirement to call a transwoman "she" than you have to treat a person with a prosthesis as able-bodied.

pence will set them straight.

Why the fuck would it be hilarious you stupid fuck? There are hundreds of millions of Brazilians and I have never given my consent on association with them, so eat shit. Fuck, why do I even expect something remotely rational from someone who convinced themselves that chopping of their genitals is a good idea?

Also, considering the rate of suicides among you people is basically skyrocketed, I would say it isn't working off at all: 90% of you will look like a melting monstrosity by the time you hit your mid-adult years - and don't bother calling us transphobic because we don't want to have to look at you straight in the eyes out of sheer horror.

You suffer from a pattern of behavior which gives you the most horrible sorts of anxieties and unease with your own body, leading to crippling depression and often times, suicide. Being a schizophrenic isn't a fucking "colorful personality", I don't understand why something as fucked up as gender dysphoria is.

Is it a legitimate thing? Obviously. But is undergoing through HRT and surgery the correct long-term answer? Hardly. Considering the amount of post-op transsexuals that just look like horrible abominations, I'd say living the rest of your life with mutilated genitals as nothing more than a novelty to perverts or confined to those within your same circle of sensibilities sucks pretty hard.

The concept of "passing" is a myth. A lot of cis men can just put a shitton of makeup, let their hair grown, wear some skimpy clothing and you would be able to pull off surprising androgyny -- although HRT undoubtedly enhances that, you are not going to grow as a natural looking woman or man as the years start to take the toll on your body.

And that's not even getting into questions like age and how young should we let people decide on their transitions, which is just nightmare stuff for me.

I'm a tranny.
There are only two genders and diagnosis of dysphoria is required otherwise 'tis just special snowflake syndrome.
Don't listen to the SJW cucks; they're fucking cuckoo.

Pass it on to the "tucutes". They'll explode like Zarna in the face of a dad joke.

You are the biggest puzzle to me, though. Do you even come any close to realizing how much we hate you around here in Sup Forums? And I'm not talking about you personally as that would be impossible, but do you understand how much the idea of transgenders basically conflicts entirely with the utopias we imagine for our societies?

I'm relatively moderate and accepting of people and even I can't stomach the idea. Most of Sup Forums with its NatSoc edge would outright want you dead. How do you even reconcile these in your head?

>durr
Oh yes, THAT study that Milo loves referencing
>McHugh does cite one study from 2011, by Cecilia Dhejne, MD and colleagues at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm. However, he misunderstands Dr. Dhejnes work. In the paper, Dr. Dhejne states that the study was not designed to draw conclusions on the efficacy of transgender surgeries, yet McHugh does exactly that. A closer reading of the paper shows that the increased mortality is in those who had surgery before 1989, and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population. A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejnes work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions.
>>
Anonymous 08/31/15(Mon)00:13:14 No.4871184?
And just a few examples to contrast:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_reassignment_therapy
>A recent Swedish study (2010) found that galmost all patients were satis?ed with sex reassignment at 5 years, and 86% were assessed by clinicians at follow-up as stable or improved in global functioningh[13] A prospective study in the Netherlands that looked at the psychological and sexual functioning of 162 adult applicants of adult sex reassignment applicants before and after hormonal and surgical treatment found that "The vast majority functioned quite well psychologically, socially and sexually. Two non-homosexual male-to-female transsexuals expressed regrets."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12856892
>This study examined factors associated with satisfaction or regret following sex reassignment surgery (SRS) in 232 male-to-female transsexuals operated on between 1994 and 2000 by one surgeon using a consistent technique. Participants, all of whom were at least 1-year postoperative, completed a written questionnaire concerning their experiences and attitudes. Participants reported overwhelmingly that they were happy with their SRS results and that SRS had greatly improved the quality of their lives. None reported outright regret and only a few expressed even occasional regret. Dissatisfaction was most strongly associated with unsatisfactory physical and functional results of surgery.

I'm sure you won't read any of it though, this thread is made every single day after all

>durr
the goal is to reduce dysphoria. not make you into a biological copy of a perfect woman, obviously the closer the better, but in general, it doesn't matter if you "pass" as long as your symptoms are reduced and your quality of life improves.

>nature made a mistake and put me in the wrong body
Wew lad

>I don't know how biology works
to be fair nature making a mistake is just as stupid, but yes, a person can suffer because of the natural lottery.

nature is imperfect

Why not look for an actual cure for your mental illness instead of forcing everyone else to indulge your insane fantasies about gender?

If I thought I was a bird I would try to force society to accept me as a bird

Counterpoint: ur a faget

>Display similar behaviors to everyone else aka use sociological camoflauge
>Keep your political opinions to yourself. (I'm here to be politically incorrect, not actually serious about anything—well not serious about most things.)
>Don't talk about it.
>When it does come up, don't force it on people and just 'love and tolerate' really hard, hoping that something changes.

If none of those plans work, then shrug and abandonthread.jpeg if it gets too bad.

>less than .00001 of the population 'identify' as transgender
>less than .0001 of that .00001 actually have gender dysphoria
>I still have to hear about them all the time because leftists want to leverage them for social change
fuck'em but not literally

It's all MENTAL ILLNESS

I am happy to concede to the fact that the suicide rates weren't actually going higher and that most people are happy with their results, that is honest to God a relief to me.

But to still insist on my point, there isn't much helping on the way me or the people I know either locally or on the Internet see it: most of us still feel very much disgusted at the sight of transsexuals, are dismayed at its active undermining of the nuclear family, and perhaps most importantly, could NEVER engage in either a sexual or emotional relationship with one.

no shit. but the idea that there is such thing as degeneracy is retarded. stuff in nature is only bad because it doesn't have a niche to fill, and advantages are only good because they fill some kind of niche. the niche trans people can provide to society is fucking obvious; they have a huge discomfort in their skin and are more than willing to throw cash at surgeries that push the boundries of medicine.

Lets look at heart transplants and organ growing. to test the organ growing technique you actually need to transplant an organ and most of them are vital. Transexual people however would be fully willing to chance a working womb or penis made from stem cells. They all want a surgery and replacement with an organ that is complicated and more importantly not vital, so that there will be easy testing than having to get more vital organs right on the first try.

being transgender isn't the equivalent of a person not recognizing themselves as human, the medical treatment is hrt and transition that's what's currently available

the people who are suffering aren't any more capable of finding a "cure" than you are, instead they're seeking the treatment offered to them

how hard is it to be civil to someone who has a medical condition? why shouldn't people be able to alter their bodies in a way that makes them comfortable and be treated with respect?

>HRT and sugery work and work better than any alternative
Aside from the fact that they STILL kill themselves anyway.

Can't do that it's too political incorrect to suggest alternative treatments to snipping their dicks off. It's like race and intelligence/personality - a researcher wouldn't want to be caught dead coming up with an unfortunate conclusion.

>Why not look for an actual cure for your mental illness instead of forcing everyone else to indulge your insane fantasies about gender?
this is the same as saying
>why not look for a cure for your cancer instead of forcing everyone else to endure your bitching about second hand smoke.
no one that isn't cancer is going to make you accept trans people, otoh, most of you niggers want to gas any lgbt member so that puts you in the position of forcing your position on them, not the other way around.

It's you who fails to understand

Transgender people have a malfunctioning brain that tells them that what the see in they mirror is not how the feel inside

Some one who suffers form anorexia has a malfunctioning brain that tells them that what they see in the mirror is not how the feel inside

Do you give someone with anorexia liposuction until they look how their malfunctioning brain tells them?

No so why chop off a healthy body part of a tranny instead of treating the problem if you cared for these people you would help them seek proper treatment for mental illness not support mutilating mentally ill people

>Too politically incorrect.
This is /mlpol/.
Political incorrectness is the norm here.

>less than .00001 of the population 'identify' as transgender
>less than .0001 of that .00001 actually have gender dysphoria
[citation needed[

Gender dysphoria is the only mental illness treated with surgery.
It's degenerate. It reminds me of the pseudo-science treatments employed throughout the 20th and 19th centuries.

Being civil and denial of basic facts are two different things
If a man dresses like a woman and gets tit implants no one is obligated to actually pretend they are a woman, not matter how mentally ill they are

i think morals are subjective and openly embrace most forms of "degeneracy" as far as people on this board are concerned

i have nothing against transgender individuals or anyone in the lgbt community (i fall in it myself)

Hol up hol up, whatchu think about dat white bitch Rachel Doleezal? She think she black but she all white...u mean lyk, gender dis-photosynthesis be like when a dude feel like he a gurl??

Aigh I feel u...so she is black cuz she got racial dysphoria.

How about the head of psychology at John hopkins?

cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

>I myself am a straight, married, jewish conservative
>jewish
shock.

>Defending mental illness

you can't respect them as a transwoman? i'm not saying they're an exact equivalent to someone born female, but a transwoman is a woman just a trans one

that is who they are, and knowing something might cause someone distress and then purposely doing it (or not doing something to make them more comfortable) when you know they have an issue that's out of their control isn't civility or respect

no one's asking you to pretend a transwoman isn't trans

>Jew

>But to still insist on my point, there isn't much helping on the way me or the people I know either locally or on the Internet see it: most of us still feel very much disgusted at the sight of transsexuals, are dismayed at its active undermining of the nuclear family, and perhaps most importantly, could NEVER engage in either a sexual or emotional relationship with one.
protip, the reason you have hatred for us is natural, but it is not good. not only are you driven by tribal mentalities to hate things that are differnet like all humans, transexuals occupy uncanny valley just like the physically disfigured.

Second of all, transgendered people are not undermining the nuclear family. in fact most mtf's favor more traditional feminine activities simply because they've never been a right of passage for them that they got by default.

as for the nuclear family itself. the nuclear family is a meme. It's more important to build a functional family that contributes to society and stability than to insist on your rose shaded glasses view of the 50s.

Lets be real here for a moment. gay people are more likely to be promiscuous and have sex with strangers or get involved in shorter engaged relationships and unprotected sex (not that this isnt a huge problem for everyone).

In what idyllic world of yours that doesn't involve killing everyone you don't like as a sacrifice to it does it not make sense to not just allow but seriously push for gay monogamy? There are serious social and health benefits for doing this.

>fighting against an illness with intolerance

makes a lot less sense than defending people with a medical condition

>without actually understanding anything about it

I understand it's a mental illness that can be cleared up with pimozide. It's a pity you don't know this too so you could fuck off.

>Gender dysphoria is the only mental illness treated with surgery.
you are factually incorrect.

Mental illness

Dykes have higher rates of domestic violence than straight couples.

LGBT couples are just shittier in every respect.

Trannies display neurological differences to the norm. Anorexic people display neurochemical differences.
Doth thou propose brain surgery?

Seriously, though, if there was a better solution, we'd know about it.

>INB4 trannies still kill themselves after surgery

As said, after post-operation, the majority of trannies found their lives improved and didn't regret it or only had an occasional regret. This would imply that it isn't the surgery that ends up causing the suicides; it's something else we aren't aware of yet.

Because denial of reality often seeps into public policy. How is pretending men in drag are women in order to not hurt their feelings different from pretending evolution isn't real in order to not trigger christian spergs?

Gonna need a source.

user? user. I have a legit question here. How do you not feel your sex? How in the everloving fuck am I supposed to know if I don't feel male if my experience as ME is all I've ever known?
'
Horsefuckers help me

>as for the nuclear family itself. the nuclear family is a meme. It's more important to build a functional family that contributes to society and stability
Put a little more thought into it - it's almost like that meme of a nuclear family is the base building block for stable and productive societies.

on topic but also mostly a non sequitor. it isn't an answer to the question. If by and large pushing gay marriage will help stabilize and improve over the flaws homosexuals have in terms of partner selection, how is it not in everyones best interest that it is not only legal but persued viciously?
non sequitor

Many people are born with mental illness. The key is to get them the help they need instead of encouraging their mental illness.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosurgery

>transgender
pssh, please im on a whole other level

youtube.com/watch?v=McWSUjRq2zQ

except it isn't the only one that works, and if you had any understanding of how family units varied through out history you would understand this.

listen man, i respect that you are different but I think that this is a serious mental disorder on the level of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Rather then getting people expensive gender surgery and hormone treatment we should be looking for ways to correct whatever imbalance is happening inside your brain.

>black market hormones
I misread this as "black hormones" and I thought you were trying to hit all the bases and bring cucking into getting your pecker snipped off and wearing panties.

Okay, so when it comes to the LGBTQ movement, there's usually one idea that is harshly criticized by non-queer individuals for it's perceived radicalism, and that's the change in how we see and define gender. Folks love to bring up how gender and sex are indistinguishable, that the prospect of more than two genders is absurd, but this is incorrect and quite ignorant, when we look at the history of gender, sex, masculinity and femininity.

To really sum up this argument in a minimum number of words, there have been differences between sex and gender for millennia. Various cultures including the Indian Hijras, the Hawaii Maohi tribe, First Nations and Aboriginals in Australia, and many others, recognize and embrace a third, fourth or fifth gender, which often combine masculine or feminine features, or reject them altogether. Although one's biological sex can never be changed, no matter what is done, gender can change, and gender itself, is not the same as sex, as the idea of gender means different things to different cultures, while sex is ubiquitous in its definition.

In recent decades, queer individuals in the Western world are coming out of the closet and being themselves for the first time since antiquity. They feel liberated, knowing they are no longer legally required to subscribe to the status quo, and that they are now accepted, or at least tolerated by the majority of the population. These concepts have always existed. People are just more comfortable now with being open about it.

I don't have GID. Please read the post again.

why?
why do you insist that people should not get treated when treatment is available just because we don't have a cure?

You are so confused read this
>cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

and take this
>pimozide

There are 2 genders

> If by and large pushing gay marriage will help stabilize and improve over the flaws homosexuals have in terms of partner selection

[citation needed]

Faggots will always have those flaws, it's what happens when you pair two promiscuous men who also behave like high school girls.

As someone who was misdiagnosed with ADHD in middle school, I see a lot of frightening trends between the ADHD trend of the 90s, the autism trend of the 00s, and the 'gender dysphoria' trend of the 10s.

I was one of dozens of kids at my school who was falsely diagnosed by some quack whose only concern was making a quick buck off of drug company referrals. I spent a year taking a norepinephrine and serotonin inhibitor, dramatically altering my body's natural neurochemical balance at a critical point in my development from an adolescent to an adult. A year of nausea, insomnia, anxiety attacks, and clinical depression before I finally convinced my parents to stop forcing me to take it. The lack of attention in school was just a phase I grew out of, but I have absolutely no idea to what extent the medication fucked with my development. I still suffer from serious insomnia and anxiety attacks fifteen years later and I have no idea whether I would have grown into a different or a better or a more well-adjusted person if I had never taken it.

I fear for kids facing the same threat today. A girl asks to get a butch cut or a boy plays dress-up with his sisters for shits and giggles and suddenly everyone's branding them as "transgender" or "gender dysphoric" and their entire life is turned upside down. They're put on a radical regime of hormone inhibitors and activators before or during puberty which will throw their entire development off-track, and if it goes far enough they'll be mutilated and sterilized to produce some vague facsimile of the opposing gender's biology.

That's not something you can fix if "Whoops, turns out little Billy/Sally wasn't transgender at all!" You've fundamentally and drastically altered their physiology and psychology and whatever person they were supposed to grow up to be is gone forever. The odds of them being able to go on to live anything resembling a normal life now are nil.

transwomen aren't men in drag, there's a difference between the two

again transwomen are women, they're just trans

bad comparison christians don't have a medical condition that makes them not believe in science, they have a belief system based in circular logic that they use to combat science

someone transgender has shit going on at a neurological level that makes them different, and a transwoman is neurologically different than a drag queen (unless that drag queen is a transwoman who's closeted), but it's not a false belief

they really are trans and simple changes can make their lives easier

do you also hate when building have access ramps and elevators instead of just stairs because fat people need to walk more even though those ramps are meant for handicap people? that's more where your analogy falls than addressing trans issues

Transpeople who pass beyond a shadow of a doubt as their preferred sex should be accommodated, but socialized as a member of that sex as well. None of this "gender spectrum" bullshit.

People should not be encouraged to seek professional treatment for a geniune disorder, or be accepted by society?

> Transgender
You mean degeneracy.

SAGE

stop denying you have a mental illness

look, I know you are trying to help but cultural evidence is not going to be enough to sway these people. you need to build your understanding of biology and why abberations like LGBT exist in the first place. and its because sexual binary and gender binary are both bullshit because hard line categories in nature don't fucking exist. they only appear to because some things are advantagous, but evolution and granularity are the name of the DNA game. so the idea that abberations that don't fit the mold of gender, sex, or sexuality being unnatural is preposterous on the simple basis that it's unscientific.

>giving shits about other people
the problem with trannies is they always want your (you)s so you give them it with a "fuck off" and they cry about how hurt their feelings are.
if you really want to be something, then make an effort in playing the role or dont role play at all faggot.

you do realize infidelity is a fucking crime right?

so you think you understand what treatment transpeople require better than medical professionals and the people with the disorder?

>transwomen are women
This is incorrect no matter how many times your sociology professor says it.
They are men.
Anyone in the business of denying reality is a threat to society.
Also the "treatment" clearly doesn't work because suicide rates don't drop off after transitioning.
Why not actually invest in finding a cure instead of pretending transitioning does anything?

>As someone who was misdiagnosed with ADHD in middle school, I see a lot of frightening trends between the ADHD trend of the 90s, the autism trend of the 00s, and the 'gender dysphoria' trend of the 10s.
I think you are miscategorizing things here, autism only came on the radar after 10 as well.

you are right to be afraid of medical fashion but are honestly probably off your rocker in terms of the plausiblility of this applying to transgendered individuals. shit will slip through the cracks in any system, but by and large transgendered individuals have to often put their lives at risk dressing full time for a year or more before sugrery just to get permission to have it. Getting the go ahead for blockers, hrt, and surgery is not fucking easy. not even in liberal parts of the country.

You're a dumb trannyfag alright.

Various cultures including the Indian Hijras, the Hawaii Maohi tribe, First Nations and Aboriginals in Australia,

Literally fucking who's among the pletorah of cultures and civilizations that existed.

>slide thread on a troll board

What ever your race, political leaning, or sexual orientation.. you're part of the problem. Why is it you fucking people can accept the natural order of things.. indeed demand the natural order of things, except when it comes down to fags and trannies? Nature's got her shit together, except for these tiny protected groups... no no, they can't be wrong.. nature fucked up in these cases... this dude is really a woman on the inside...

If you actually are a physician.. fuck you quack.

It's just mentally ill people that think they know what it feels like to be the opposite sex, but really just do what is culturally appropriate in their eyes. It's why MtF wear makeup and dresses and shit, they think you have to do it to be a woman, or FtM get tattoos and beards and buff up. It's not just a belief they hold personal, but one they desperately want society to believe as well, but most people don't want them because mental illness is off putting.

so it is a mental illness

kys faggot

>This is incorrect no matter how many times your sociology professor says it.
>They are men.
>Anyone in the business of denying reality is a threat to society.
so you are a threat to society, got it.
see for more information on why you have no idea how science and biology actually works.

see you scientifically illitearte shit stain. you have no idea how nature fucking works

>(((medical professionals))) who stand to make a lot of shekels from people with the disorder
I'm sure you think those (((medical professionals))) who support circumcision do so because they believe it to be a sound medical procedure and not because it's easy money as well.

>Thinks mentally ill men are women
>claims others don't understand biology
Don't let your (((ideology))) supersede objective facts

most people who transition are 18+ and should be allowed to make those decisions as an adult

with children it's harder and i don't agree with putting young children on medication or altering their bodies for what's sometimes a phase

it would make more sense to monitor a child like that at home, and if it persists for years to take them to a therapist and have their individual situation evaluated for a prolonged period of time before doing anything

it's irresponsible to automatically assume and medicate

that being said many transgender people do know from a very young age, which is why evaluation and monitoring should be a thing

identifying it early is important, but there's a lot of grey area when it comes to treating someone underage

Oh this load of shit...

> but evolution and granularity are the name of >the DNA game

So where's the fag gene then? Or the tranny gene? Where's the queer DNA sequence? Because these groups have failed to provide this evidence even though they've decided it was their willy wonka ticket 20 years ago... Go ahead, I'll wait.

Nature indeed has hardline categories, have you noticed any successful crossfertilization between two vertebrate species?

In nature if a group of fish consists of women, one or a few may undergo change and become a male.
This is to help keep the species going. This is natural. Claiming that trans issues are apart of nature is complete bs. Animals in nature undergo transitions because they must. You want this simply because you can. You're unnatural.

You're hinging that all on sexual binary being bullshit. Is this when you trot out the herms and the dudes with kleinfelters or whatever it's called?

> you scientifically illitearte shit stain
The irony of that spelling... when you're done dribbling jizz on your man-dress, go ahead and provide evidence of these DNA mutations that make you the tranny filth you are.

Definition of schizophrenia from Google: a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.

Transgenders and people with gender dysphoria are literally schizophrenics.

I bet the transnigger also thinks it's bullshit to say that humans have 4 limbs because there are amputees and cases with an extra limb.

>

People were diagnosing kids who were a little off or weird with Asperger's and other mild forms of autism and prescribing 'corrective drugs' as early as the '04, '05.

Yes, and the only schizophrenics who are encouraged to pursue their disorder.

never took sociology, and i'm not an sjw

i'm not denying any reality by recognizing transwomen as transwomen, at no point did i ever say they're exactly the same as a female who was born that way

as a matter of fact i use the word "trans" to make a distinction, they will always be transwomen but they're still women as far as i'm concerned

i think referring to them as men when their neurology is different doesn't make any sense and is misleading

to deny reality is to either call them men or to pretend being trans isn't something separate as far as i'm concerned

my view isn't a threat to society, and society would have to be pretty shaky for a view like that to be a threat

the suicide rates do drop after transitioning, you're wrong (or are you denying reality?)

why not treat people with what's available now and work towards a better future for people who will suffer then? there's no logic behind refusing to treat people who suffer now just because the treatment isn't completely ideal

also there are many conditions (physical and mental) that can't be cured, that's why they're treated longterm

>"[T]he suicide rate among transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate among non-transgender people."

>Doesn't compare suicide statistics of post-op to suicide statistics of pre-op.

"Also, for those who had sexual reassignment surgery, most said they were “satisfied” with the operation “but their subsequent psycho-social adjustments were no better than those who didn’t have the surgery.”

>Implying there is something else that is the problem. I said this earlier in : "[It] isn't the surgery that ends up causing the suicides; it's something else we aren't aware of yet."

>"The former Johns Hopkins chief of psychiatry also warned against enabling or encouraging certain subgroups of the transgendered, such as young people “susceptible to suggestion from ‘everything is normal’ sex education,” and the schools’ “diversity counselors” who, like “cult leaders,” may “encourage these young people to distance themselves from their families and offer advice on rebutting arguments against having transgender surgery.”"

I wholeheartedly agree with this; I believe that it's why >"studies show between 70% and 80% of children who express transgender feelings “spontaneously lose those feelings” over time." Going through this shit shouldn't even be considered until you're at least sixteen and have a shit ton of therapy prior. Like he said, "Such action comes 'close to child abuse.'"

"Sex change’ is biologically impossible,” said McHugh.
True. Dude, all of this stuff is trivial. I already agree with basically everything he's said here.

>>pimozide
Studies, plox?