Cannabis cravings

I used to smoke cannabis a year ago but i moved and have no hookups. i get regular cravings mostly when drinking. booze doesn't offer the same experience.

i'm a hacker, a programmer, it's part of the culture and my lifeblood on the weekends. how did you stop cannabis? do you still get cravings? how do you deal with it?

Bump - need pol's opinion on cannabis recovery

But Gary Johnson voters told me weed wasn't habit forming.

whats wrong with smoking weed?

Nothing wrong with it, it's just too hard to get. i hate going to shady strangers for it. i'm tired of having to secretly ask people who knows where to get it. it's just too much of a pain in the ass, and the paranoia of driving around with it

I just meet the right people
I cant help you with that

Of your around portland I got the ultimate hookup for you.

Go to your local head shop and ask someone who buys a glassy outside

Erry day for 15 years here... go to the bar... wear something low key degenerate like a grateful dead hat or some shit. Socialize. Youll find a contact.
Or just man the fuck up and remember not to be a bitch to ur cravings. Push that shit way down and go play with ur dog.

in canada you just order it in the mail

Use the dark net you dumb fuck

You're a fucking faggot
Chew tobacco and drink beer you fucking pussy.

I'm in the same boat, i feel deflated for long amounts of time after quitting. like i haven't been off for over a year before and even then i was wanting.

>how did you stop cannabis?
got caught by my parents

>do you still get cravings?
Not really, but when I smell it, I miss it

>how do you deal with it?
It's easier when you find a reason to stay sober, when I didn't, I looked for things to entertain myself

>tfw no dogger

first thing i'd think they do is say im' a cop

then buy a glassy to prove yourself?
You'll need one anyways

just smoke 4-5 grams a day for four years straight locked in your room watching "police brutality videos", you won't touch that shit again and be a suicidal alcoholic like me. :)

Get a dog, dummy... the doggo bond is what seperates us from the hordes. A good K9 companion is what ur missing in ur life, not temporary THC love...

then drink alcohol and watch that stuff. problems solved.

sure i've considered, just seems really risky especially with what's happened recently, i'd be super paranoid

do you live in a medical marijuana state?

Why are u paranoid about having a little weed? Are you black?

I take tolerance breaks all the time. Stop smoking for about a month.

Best thing to do is to keep busy.

just do it user, there is literally nothing wrong with it. You know it. I know it and all the assholes who would say otherwise know it.

Travel to a legal state and buy seeds. Grow it. It's literally called weed

Eh, it fades. Honestly i stopped for a few years, then moved to a legal state, picked it back up after a few months of debating, once i stopped i couldnt sleep for a week, got cranky, and had nightsweats that were like nothing ive ever seen, to the point i had to change sheets.

After that i lost all interest.

Live worked so much better not smoking anyway, had i not go through some fucked up withdrawl id probably be a weekend smoker still though. It was sort of scary and it nearly cost me my job having that week of no sleep and being in a shit mood during it. Not sure if it was because the legal state pot is insanely strong or what.

The first time i quit was for similar reasons as you. Took me about 6 months of regular cravings and "man it would be perfect right now" moments. After a about a year i only occasionally had a craving, maybe once every few months, that faded too though. The more i noticed things working out better in life the more i equated it to not having thc in my body, despite while smoking all those years id have sworn to god it had no negative effect...it did...clearly....

Try picking up some form of exercise/adrenaline type hobby and it will replace it, depending where you live it could be outdoor type stuff, even if its a few times a year...you need to find other things to look forward to occasionally or you just remember getting high and missing it. Go skydiving or mountain biking, kayaking or pay for a day at a race track driving a fast car a couple times a year type stuff. your body will quickly adjust then...or just wait it out.

Oh, you just have to know the right people. I'm lucky, one of my good friends sells weed. It's not very strong or good weed, but it means I don't have to go to people in trailer parks or the hood.

Though desu, I don't smoke much. I stopped like two months ago at the same time I stopped smoking cigarettes. I like running and kayaking, and I could totally notice how it affected my breath, so I decided to stop. It's been surprisingly easy. I thought quitting cigarettes was supposed to be really hard. To be fair, I don't really have an addictive personality.

FL, but super shitty medical system

maybe

closet? i've known people who've done it and this might be the best option

Good advice, recently immobilized for a time due to injury, so it gets harder to keep my mind off it

DAILY REMINDER THAT THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH A WHITE MARRIED MAN WITH CHILDREN TAKING A PUFF AFTER WORK OR WHILE DOING MAN/DAD STUFF. ANY IDIOT WHO CANT FUCKING CHILL CAN FUCK OFF.

grow it yourself. Its not terribly hard. If you can't because of "muh roommate" then you perhaps should be smoking.

I'm a software developer, and I recently gave it up.

I get cravings, but I just go to the gym. Replace a vice with another, I suppose.

Move to a state that isn’t cucked. The entire West Coast and Nevada has legal weed.

how fucked up do you have to be to get pot?

in california you just go to a doctor once a year and tell him pot keeps helps you sleep or whatever and you get a paper.

just grow your own it's really easy

getting cravings means you aren't adequately supplementing it for something better and natural, go to the gym or play a game or whatever it is that you can deride pleasure from that ISNT drugs

I crave the mindset

>cravings
>weed

nice LARP dumbass, be more believable next time

I was a heavy smoker for five years and stopped because I built up a lot of tolerance and started getting paranoid and frankly just a bit wierd. The first year was a ton of fun but when I quit it had become a source of displeasure.

think of it like this, whenever you begin to fiend for that high feeling think of what you could be doing (that's productive) that would be draining out those thoughts and desires

smoke trees

Heroin?

Psychological cravings exist and are very real. I don't physically have the urge to murder but it's very real in my mind

Gay anal sex

I did what you did literally. Same as you too. But I didn't stop. I went on facebook and searched all posts with weed hit words and found some random white guy in my small town who looked reliable enough and messaged him on fb to find weed through him, and he hooked me up and now is a dealer for me.
oops.

Man I just quit it. Harness your will and just fucking do it. I don't
understand why people ask others for help on quitting things? or starting things.

Just do it bro.

I stopped smoking for 25 years when I had kids.

Partly because I didn't want to get arrested, but mostly because I don't like being diminished by altered states around children, I don't think it's good or them to see that and I think that they deserve adults that are always as ready they can be to deal with whatever situation that may arise.

I just stopped, I threw out my weed, and I never got any again.

Until the last one moved out. Now I smoke weed whenever I don't have to drive or work. I'm done all of the shit I was supposed to do, now I will only be a mature adult when I am paid to do so.

You should save it for when you're 45+, I enjoy weed far more now then I ever did back when I went around partying.

>I'm le epic hackur n brugrammer
>i'm too stupid to grow a wild plant in a $90 grow tent
Pick one

Lol degenerate got hooked on the wacky tobaccy.

Only way out is through 6ft of rope.

Give it up, along with vidya and other degenerate activity. I started drinking coffee instead and frequent exercise. Ditch ur fuckwit mates too and pray to god that u can make it.

Can I get an Amen?

>just grow your own it's really easy
the name weed didn't come by accidentally

fair points, i have much potential for other things in my youth, so i won't waste it now and can wait until later to enjoy cannabis again, thanks

other people are my greatest anti-weed. i just talk to people who smoke weed or look up videos on youtube of people smoking weed and it's like instant confirmation of why i don't fucking want to because it's pathetic.
>muh pleasure
>muh sensuality
>muh music
>muh munchies
jesus christ how sad can you be. when you stay sober you are clear in your thoughts and aren't hooked on getting high to """enhance""" things all the time. the discontentment fuels self-improvement way more than some false faggy high. you should distrust yourself on weed, distrust the interests you enjoy on weed. who you are when you're sober is closer to the truth and what you need to come to terms with.

you quit smoking weed but continue to drink booze....

...are you retarded?

that shits fucking gross

Its true. People who smoke are the saddest people i've ever met. Escapism at its finest.

I'm in your boat. I moved to a different state and reset my life, I have no hookups and have been weed-free for the past 2 years. This is coming off an every-day smoking habit.

Before I moved, I started realizing that life was very boring even if I was high, I tried doing everything high (watching movies, going to the beach, listening to music, biking around) and eventually it all gets repetitive and pointless and I started slowly realizing I didn't need it anymore. It's a psychological threshold you have to cross.

Are there any downsides affecting health with smoking weed? I know there is short time memory loss but long term wise?

I'll be honest. i have had a hard time returning to my base line self when quitting> it might just be me, but I can't help but remember feeling more awake and thoughtful and stuff like that but it gets better.

Don't seek it out. Don't dwell on it. Exercise if it gets overwhelming. Time is the cure. You need to readjust your synapses because it is a psychological addiction. Don't take any pharmaceutical route, only time can cure it.

Uk420

Low sperm count if you plan on having children, it's a bad idea. Also, If you have any genetics that predisposes you to schizophrenia weed can trigger it where it would not have happened otherwise.

AVOID SEROTONIN RE-UPTAKE INHIBITORS

I grew up in Adelaide, and back in the early 90s it was Australia's Amsterdam. I've had precisely fifteen tokes in three years. You grow out of it user

You’re a programmer and you cant troubleshoot this you nigger?

First of all you. Weed causes very mild physical withdrawals that last about two weeks for most of the population. After that what you’re craving is a memory.

It sounds like something is sucky about your life and you want to use weed to help you cope. I understand that. In 2014 i quit my job in May and had to wait until august to start my new job and I ended getting a lot of anxiety. Weed helped tremendously specially because i cannot take benzos like xanax.

Then later on I wanted to quit to save money but it was difficult because I got reliant on the weed to treat anxiety. In order to save money I had to substitute that medication with exercise the actual natural medicine to mental ailments.

Theres almost no mental illness that isnt helped by exercise.

Cant sleep? Exercise 2 hours this morning and tell me you cant sleep tonight.

Depressed? Work out
Anxious? Work out

So on...
Anyways weed is great though if you respect the plant. Also sounds like your poor and progtammer meaning you’re wither choosy and ideological or not very good. Work on that homes

I just keep smoking it.

I can walk into a store and buy it like liquor just showing ID, and $150 for an ounce lasts me like 3 months of being high all day every day. Meanwhile alcohol is $15 to get drunk one day for like 5 hours unless you're drinking sherry.

I've never found it to get in the way of things.

Walk round till you smell it and ask flr some.
Or just grow it.

You sound like a massive wuss

Been considering keeping legal hemp cbd on me for when I cant find a non shady dealer since I have to fly and travel a lot for work. I don't trust flying with bud. I figure the cbd should at least help me sleep n shit but no clue about if it helps cravings. Any experience would be appreciated

Bf forced me to quit - best thing that happened to me.

The day I met him after talking for a couple weeks on the internet, he told me I was overweight and had to change my diet, quit drinking alcohol and stop smoking weed or he was going to leave the next day.

All of it really stung, and at the time I had horrible digestive problems (due to the food I ate) that caused me to wake up nauseous - hence why I needed the weed so bad. I would smoke upon waking up and then up to 5 times over the course of a day.

I was only about 20 pounds overweight but I was gross enough. I considered stopping seeing him so I could keep up with my bad habits, but deep down I was sick of the brain fog from being constantly high, so I stayed.

9 months later and I've lost 20 pounds, completely turned around my diet, go to the gym, only have one glass of wine 2 times a week maximum, and have no more cravings for weed.

It was a drug I thought I'd never be able to resist, but even after hanging out with people who have it, and knowing I could purchase some at any time, I don't feel the urge. I just don't think about it anymore.

Life is much better now. I'd say find a partner that is firm enough to make you stop cold turkey, but I don't expect a woman to be able to do that. As for me, I've learned that women usually will do whatever they can get away with, and won't stop unless there's an ultimatum or very harsh discipline. Insults to self esteem that knocks a woman down a few pegs is truly the best way to get females to change.