Crunchyroll X Funimation

Anyone else excited?

the best anime experience is living in japan. i doubt they can top that

no

Kikes go on and shills go on

>CR and FUNi teaming up to air more dubbed japanimation shows

SO THIS IS YOUR NEW ULTIMATE FORM, EH, GAIA?

If this means the end of Funimations shitty fucking encodes and typesetting I welcome it with open arms.

But Funi generally has decent video

This.
People here automatically have a kneejerk reaction to this and start furiously typing "WELL I'M NOT A STREAMING FAG SO THIS DOESN'T AFFECT ME GET THIS OFF MY BOARD"
but you do realize this means that the majority (I hope) of the new Funi titles will be shared with CR, so HS can just easily rip the less cancerous and eye-raping one with no hardsubs.
This is a good thing ,whether you stream or not.

I love to see companies working together to spread good anime and I do like funimation but I hate that they put stuff on hold for so long to prioritize dubs. Nobody watches dubs anymore in the community and if they do they usually switch over to subs permanently after a few months or years depending on how long it takes them to move on from the discovery faze.

They're just allowing content to be on both sites, they're not changing shit, retards.

Let me guess this straight: CR gets the subs, and Funi gets the dubs? And the subs are getting removed from Funi?

Funi just got the shittiest deal ever, while CR just made out like a bandit. Good for them and their subscribers, I suppose. Seriously, what anime fan, even one that pays for streams, prefers dubs?

I doubt Crunchy is going to have some random shows with awful encodes scattered around.

>second shill thread today
Just fuck off, retards

There was a thread for this shit already nigger.

>Anyone else excited?
For the worst of both merging together? Sure thing.

>they're not changing shit, retards.

>When will subtitles on FunimationNow go away?
>Subtitled content for titles affected by this agreement will be removed from FunimationNow in phases, with the transition expected to be completed by the end of 2016. We will keep you up to date with these changes on our Blog. Subtitled content for a small selection of titles will remain on FunimationNow based on previous licensor agreements.

>what anime fan, even one that pays for streams, prefers dubs?
degenerates and the intellectually handicapped

This is important news about anime distribution, even if you don't pay for this stuff. So shut up.

>This is important news
Fuck off, also there's nothing else to discuss retard.

Kill yourself, OP

I've got a life tip for you mate: unless a company explicitly says they're doing something, they're not going to do it.
I don't know which idiot fed that hope into your brain but you better discard it real quick unless you want to be disappointed. CR isn't going to take the time out of their day to re-encode a bunch of anime when it's not going to have any affect whatsoever on their paying users.
I meant Crunchyroll. I should have specified but whatever.

They already do, and they just changed their encoding settings to make it worse

Funi will still do DVDs and will sell crunchyroll's DVDs. Also a ton of people who watch the big three and ghibli films prefer dubs, and the fact that Funi wont have subs anymore means they will be less likely to switch over to subs anyway.

We've already had a thread. And no, it's not important unless you work for CR or Funi.

Fuck off Sup Forums is full

Should I start buying Crunchyroll and Funimation stock guys? I think shares might go up if there's a merger

Cowboy Bebop was just added from Funi and it's soft-subbed so

Yeah, just let me download from all those fansubs there are still around

They're both private companies if I recall.

Well, are you going to prove it or just bullshit and hope someone listens?

kill yourself

it doesn't affect me, I mostly watch Horrible Subs translations anyways.

That's about the response I expected.

2/8

just compared the 480p CR/funi video... funi played with the levels to make the blacks blacker while CR left it as is, meaning the CR rip has more detail, like hard-to-perceive ladders/girders in the shadows. blocking/banding is more immediately obvious on CR, but that's probably because the same areas on funi's video are camoflagued with the added level curves.

if someone has a paid account on both sites, maybe they could give feedback on the HD versions now?

If I never have to deal with a Funi rip ever again, then great news.

I'm always excited about a competition-free market!
It's always great for customers!

> Cuckimation
> CrunchyCuck

Highly creative post. Bet that took a long time to come up with.

Crunchryroll - subs
Funimation - dubs
Viz - shounenshit
Aniplex US and Sentai - leftovers, hopefully they pick up more moe series

Doesn't this just mean they formed a collusion and will make cheaper bets when licensing anime series, since they are the only ones competing in the first place. So much for supporting the makers

Dunno why it'd be hardsubbed on CR to begin with.

Shhhh

i believe some older series are. depends on when the series was added and i assume what type of deal was struck

Don't forget the occasional exclusive on Netflix and noitamina on Amazon

I'll stick to kissanime thanks

Will membership fees go up?

You will probably stick to kissing men too

If this means less money out of my pocket, I'm all for it. It's not as if I'm a complete aspie who throws my piss jugs everywhere if I can barely see jaggies if I zoom in hardcore on an online video.

>streaming anime
>streaming DUBBED anime

Go back to Sup Forums with your homophobia

People who like Chris Sabat and Colleen Clinkenbeard's voice work

If memory serves, Funi is encoded with 0-255 levels, but has the tag for 16-235. In mpv, you can fix it by using --vf-add=format=colorlevels=full. Horriblesubs fixes it on their rips though.

>If this means less money out of my pocket
If you are stupid enough to think that this somehow will make your ISP cheaper then you are retarded.
If you are paying already for CR or funi shit then you are even more retarded.

Yesss goyim, remember to support annie may by paying for your Crunchyrollâ„¢ subscription every month.

If you're not paying for either of them what does anything you have to complain and bitch about matter?

DAIZ'S GONNA

>if you don't buy our shitty product you have no right to criticize it.

Kill yourself nigger.

>no right
Never said you didn't have a right, just that you're an autistic manbaby crying about the quality of the things he gets for free.

I've been a premium member for CR for 2 or 3 years now. I welcome this with open arms. More anime for me right?

The joy I got from hearing, "3, 2, 1, Let's go!" tonight made me have a grin.

Who watches anime dubbed anymore?

There'll still be shitty hardsubs on text and the like that's translated for dubs.

>rip video track from CR sub
>rip audio track from FM dub
>mux
Or alternatively don't watch fucking dubs

I unironically listen to gundam dubs while working on gunpla.

Amazon needs to start licensing more shows.

hi herkz

Funimation actually said they're lowering their subscription price soon because of this.