The Maker Movement- a sign of de-civilization

Civilization happened when men chose to trade instead of steal- to specialize instead of being jacks-of-all-trades.
"Making" is a waste of time and effort, just do your fucking job.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MRpEV2tmYz4?t=132
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Civilization happened when men chose to trade instead of steal
>stop making things and rely on the government to steal for you

>stop making things and rely on the government to steal for you
...this is not what this post is saying. When people specialize, they trade with each other, not through/with government.

Civilization happened when the family happened, and betas/deltas/gammas realized it was a good deal for them.

>Civilization happened when the family happened, and betas/deltas/gammas realized it was a good deal for them.
...which happened when men specialized....the betas/deltas/gammas increased their value BEYOND their sexual appeal to whores.

it's exactly what the post is saying, you're just too stupid to figure out why

Basically you're saying creativity and innovation are pointless, just shut up, do more of the same soulless thing over and over again, and don't get too uppity?

You do know that before giant companies did all the innovating, individual inventors created new things, right? The maker movement aims to open up at least small-time innovation again. Besides, it's training in mechanical and electronic engineering, and the top hobbyists can go on to work for the big companies that need smart engineers.

Silly girl, phone cannot be eat.

>it's exactly what the post is saying, you're just too stupid to figure out why
I'm op, dipshit.
Day of the drain when?

You do like your ellipses, don't you, leaf? That's fine.
Yes, the demise of the artisan harms civilization. But he needs a family to provide for, and a community to fight for, too.

>But he needs a family to provide for, and a community to fight for, too.
Milton Friedman saying this...
youtu.be/MRpEV2tmYz4?t=132

at 2:13

>I'm op, dipshit.
no shit? like I said, you're too dense

>When people specialize, they trade with each other, not through/with government.

This is exactly what the maker movement is about. Makers specialize in creating clever electronic or mechanical things, though it's as a hobby for most. They usually have a regular job too. They either pursue it entirely for the pleasure of it, share their designs online for free, create videos about them sometimes for ad revenue, or create things and sell them small-time either online or locally.

I'm glad the late Mr. Friedman was not a completely hopeless libertardian, but I think that while meaningful labor is nice, you should be pushing for families and family values (dare I say religion, too?!) more than a system that will produce new artisans.

Check your premises.

The problem is that specialization leads to collapse.

>no goyim, do not make your own stuff, buy it!
how can anybody be this jewish?

>I think that while meaningful labor is nice, you should be pushing for families and family values
So long as government control is large (which it will be), I agree that it's necessary to elect family-supportive politicians.

While (((they))) may be impacting White fertility through destruction of demographics, another component is that people seek to protect what they have from those who have nothing to lose- which involves avoiding social hostility.
*Envy, a Theory of Human Behaviour, by Helmut Schoeck," is instructive in this regard.

>stop learning things
t. low iq idiot who is jealous that other people can learn more than one skill

Make me, faggot

sometimes i really cannot believe the shit i read on Sup Forums and it's not even conspiracies about reptiles, it's shit like this

7.5 bazillion people = endless ideas = endless markets - with home lasers, printers , glue + internet for worldwide distribution .... let em fuggin play artz n crafz

my premise is that you're a moron and you've proven it by stating you're the op on a board with ids

>religion
I don't think that we need any system to promote family values- a healthy people want to pro create. What we need is comfort with derision, and meaningful work- the latter allowing the former.

leaf stop making this thread you dumb cunt. you've made it over two dozen times

>What we need is comfort

Literal lazy commie faggot wants the world to slow down to his pace.

You stated that the altternative to 'making' is 'stealing,' where a third option, specializing, exists.

Over-specialization leads to collapse. The more specialized each person working on a product is, the more different specialties are involved, and the less about the project as a whole each understands. More people with less understanding of what each other are doing makes everything more difficult to coordinate, more overhead, and more misunderstandings. Eventually it collapses into a mess of near endless meetings and quarrels and a non-functional, designed-by-committee product.

Lack of specialization leads to no progress. One person can't realistically understand everything about a product as complex as a computer, car or industrial automation system today.

You're moving too far away from my point, address the accusation that you're a moron. The burden of proof is on you champ.

>you've made it over two dozen times
Get /comfy/, tomrorrow is FGM and anal-only-lifestyle day.

ayn rand would think you're a pussy bitch. She would pity how weak and ineffectual you are.

>ayn rand would think you're a pussy bitch. She would pity how weak and ineffectual you are.
or perhaps she'd suggest I shrug.

>You're moving too far away from my point
>address the accusation that you're a moron
...I said that I'm op, as you are confused that, in addition to 'making' and 'taking,' specializing also exists.
Burden of proof: satisfied.

You're just proving my point.

"Aussie posters must be range banned."
-Ayn Rand

are you all retarded? or just post from your common sense and cant see whats very wrong with the (((maker movement)))?

maybe you all arent the handy types, so you cant spot fakers like i do. i have been invited to such spaces, because i do good shit with my hands, ive gone there, and its all untalented hipsters that dont know how to put two pieces of wood together with nails, but they sure know how to 3D print a small darth vader helmet.

its all atomized, pre manufactured, pre digested "knowledge". its all very superficial too. they promove these "open spaces" where people go and do their shit where everyone can see. dont these fucks know about trade secrets and industrial spionage? i think this methodology is very harming of true inventiveness, a mans garage is a sacred, secret place, not a circus of cool things for every tourist numale to peek inside.

Being a "maker" used to be part of daily life because the tool store was a day's ride away and you needed that simple gizmo right fucking now, and money was tight

>milennial
Buys a mortar and pestle even though it's simple shit
Realizes it's simple shit
Makes it
GUYS IM A MAKER ITS THIS HOT NEW THING WHERE YOU MAKE BASIC STUFF INSTEAD OF BUYING IT
MILENNIALS INVENTED MAKING STUFF
HOW DID CAVEMEN LIVE, WALKING ALL THE WAY TO THE TRADING POST FOR A FUCKING ROCK?
>other milennial
wtf its not name brand i would be ashamed to be seen with that. do you want to look poor? we have this thing called, like, civilization, where you like, buy things, with a credit card, gag my with a spoon

a lot of words to say nothing there Texas

Bugman detected